Movie thread

babuccia

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what kind of story is it?:thumb_yello:

Its about an astronaut who is getting closer to his time to go back home, after 3 years of being on the moon by himself.

Few weeks before his return to earth he start to discover many facts about the real reason he is there and other things as well.

Its about an astronaut who is getting closer to his time to go back home, after 3 years of being on the moon by himself.

Few weeks before his return to earth he start to discover many facts about the real reason he is there and other things as well.

Oh.. I could watch it someday.. :thumb_yello:

Last movie i watched was "Moon", its a sad and interesting story..Loved the work Sam Rockwell did there, acting all alone throughout the movie.

Highly recommend it. :thumb_yello:

It was a rather fantastic story, and I agree, very good acting!:thumb_yello:

I love SF and somewhere in the back of my head I think I've read this story before? Bradbury?

Or maybe it's just a not so unusual theme for an SF story?:wink2:

It was a rather fantastic story, and I agree, very good acting!:thumb_yello:

I love SF and somewhere in the back of my head I think I've read this story before? Bradbury?

Or maybe it's just a not so unusual theme for an SF story?:wink2:

The movie was written by the director, but i have to say there is many similarities to it with other movies surrounding astronauts etc..and one most noticeable thing in those movies is, there is always a talking "human" computer..

The movie was written by the director, but i have to say there is many similarities to it with other movies surrounding astronauts etc..and one most noticeable thing in those movies is, there is always a talking "human" computer..

Yes you’re right, there always are!:naughty:

The special thing about this computer though was that the astronaut was able to persuade it to do things outside the instructions, funny!:biggrin2:

Yes you’re right, there always are!:naughty:

The special thing about this computer though was that the astronaut was able to persuade it to do things outside the instructions, funny!:biggrin2:

True, and unlike other computers, this one was very friendly... (and the actor who did the voice to it is amazing! :wub2:)

• 2 weeks later...

I saw The Blind Side (with Sandra Bullock in it) tonight with a couple of friends. It was a tad bit predictable, but besides that I really enjoyed it. It reminded me of Radio (a movie that I really enjoyed). I normally don't like football movies but this was less about the football and more about...the story. And it was based on a true story which was even more amazing (stay until the end, as the end credits are rolling, and there are real life family photos!).

Overall, I would definitely recommend this movie.

I just watched O'Horten which is a Norweigen movie. It was great - from 2007. I like watching foreign films so if anyone sees a good one in their country, I can bookmark it for when it gets released in the states. 500 Days of Summer, was a cute indy movie this past summer. Joseph Gorden-Levitt and Zoeey Dsch(however) were in it.

I want to go see Fantastic Mr. Fox, Up in the Air, Precious, Sherlock Holmes, Twilight, a bunch more..

Has anyone seen "Paranormal activity" ? :blink:

I have heard about it a lot.. but Im kinda afraid to watch it:naughty:

I SO want to see that, but don't know if I'll get the chance.

Ok, this is the thread where you can post any horror movie, but it must have descriptions e.c.t, you can use my method :

Movie Name:

Director:

Story goes like:

Rating:

post on A-N-Y horror movie I wanna see less popular movies to So get posting

• 4 weeks later...

I saw Sherlock Holmes this afternoon. I thought it was pretty good. Robert Downy Jr was so funny, he was my favourite. :bleh: I also thought the settings/costumes were really good as well.

My friend turned to me at one point in the movie and he said (about Robert Downy Jr), "his lower eyelashes look really girly". I suppose they did.

We noticed his eyelashes. :aah: