Movie thread

babuccia

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Sarah. I still have the same opinion about The Dark Knight. Its so perfect!

I want to see Milk.............

I saw, last Friday, The wave. And I liked it so much! Its not the best movie ever, but its was an educational experience for me. I regert from fashoin movements and all that, and this movie helped me to find out what moves people to act that way. Really worth watching.

• 4 weeks later...
I saw The Boy in the Striped Pajamas the other day.

Absolutely insane movie.

Predictable to an extent but you'll absolutely leave the theatre in tears.

I don't want to say it was good because of what it was about and what happened. But I guess I recommend it.

RE: "THE BOY IN THE STRIPED PAJAMAS"

Based on the bestselling novel by John Boyne, The Boy in The Striped Pajamas is a heartbreaking look at the events of WWII through the eyes of an 8-year-old boy.

I finally viewed this movie:

here's some info on it + review-

http://www.cbn.com/entertainment/screen/ElliottB_Holocaust.aspx

+

http://www.cbn.com/entertainment/screen/ElliottB_BoyinStripedPajamas.aspx

I would suggest adults PRE-view prior to making a decision whether,

or not, to take youngsters to see this film.

Edited by A. Clay

RE: "THE BOY IN THE STRIPED PAJAMAS"

Based on the bestselling novel by John Boyne, The Boy in The Striped Pajamas is a heartbreaking look at the events of WWII through the eyes of an 8-year-old boy.

I finally viewed this movie:

here's some info on it + review-

http://www.cbn.com/entertainment/screen/ElliottB_Holocaust.aspx

+

http://www.cbn.com/entertainment/screen/ElliottB_BoyinStripedPajamas.aspx

I would suggest adults PRE-view prior to making a decision whether,

or not, to take youngsters to see this film.

Aww, I saw this movie, and its soooooooooo sad............

But its kinda weird to hear german people speaking with english accent :naughty:

Went to go see 17 Again yesterday. It was really sweet and i fell in love with Zac Efron.:teehee:

go see it!

I really don't like zac efron but I think he might be pretty good in this movie.. is it anything like HSM because then I won't go see it :naughty:

I really don't like zac efron but I think he might be pretty good in this movie.. is it anything like HSM because then I won't go see it :naughty:

I really didn't like him either, before i saw this movie.

He's so sweet and cute in the movie but then i remember he's not that sweet in real life. oh wells.

Um I've never actually seen HSM, but im pretty sure its not.

The beginning scared me a bit because there was dancing and basketball (like what I've seen of HSM) but that ends soon.

Went to go see 17 Again yesterday. It was really sweet and i fell in love with Zac Efron.:teehee:

go see it!

oh my gosh!!! glad someone got the same feeling wif me:wub2:

i watched the movie 2days ago... at first it's okay, Zac Efron is doubtless a hot guy....... but then he made me cry! aft home i searched him out, watched a no. of vids, n now i can officially announce, "i'm completely in luv wif zacccccccccccc":blush-anim-cl:

this's not like HSM! in fact i think i can nvr stand this kind of disney-produced movie...... juz hvn't finished the whole series:thumbdown:

oh my gosh!!! glad someone got the same feeling wif me:wub2:

i watched the movie 2days ago... at first it's okay, Zac Efron is doubtless a hot guy....... but then he made me cry! aft home i searched him out, watched a no. of vids, n now i can officially announce, "i'm completely in luv wif zacccccccccccc":blush-anim-cl:

:biggrin2: Yeah, he surprised me. My sister cried, i was just all "awwwww!" at the end.

I love him now :wub2:

Edited by BangBangLou

• 4 months later...
I saw District 9 and really liked it. It was cute in a weird way.

I liked it too. A good and unusal take on the theme of science fiction!:thumb_yello:

And I want it to be a continuation!

You know...."after 3 years"!:naughty:

exactly, District 10 here we come. It's great that Peter Jackson, from what I know, just kind of let the director go..and be creative. I think he had only done video games (maybe Halo?) before. I usually go to imdb.com and check out all the info there. Do you know that site?

exactly, District 10 here we come. It's great that Peter Jackson, from what I know, just kind of let the director go..and be creative. I think he had only done video games (maybe Halo?) before. I usually go to imdb.com and check out all the info there. Do you know that site?

No.

I didn't even know he was the director of the Lord of the Rings until a friend told me the other day!:roftl:

The last movie I watched was 'Good Bye Lenin!' on DVD yesterday, which my brother borrowed from a friend and I loved it. It's the best film I've seen in AGES and I bought it on DVD today. :thumb_yello:

Edited by Blossom

Yes, Goodbye Lenin, was pretty good. I know my daughter really liked it. I liked Lives of Others about the Stazi. http://www.amazon.com/Lives-Others-Martina-Gedeck/dp/B000OVLBGC/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1253229242&sr=1-10

I heard that was really good so I must check it out sometime. Another German movie I love is 'Sophie Scholl: Die letzten Tage', which I studied in university. It was so sad but very powerfully acted.

Edited by Blossom