Mika or MIKA?

mark0495

Hello,

It may be a very, very silly thread, but as a MIKA (or Mika) fan, I just want to know. There are actually two ways in which MIKA's name is written (all letters capital, or just the M), but I don't know how to write it...? I think that it's supposed to be written with all letters capital, like you could see in my previous posts, because his name at his LICM artwork is also made with capital letters. Am I doing it right or am I using Shift too much, I wonder! Hey! I'm a boy and still have eye for detail! Look at that, girls! :lmao:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For business correspondency I'd go for the capitals. :thumb_yello:

Although I'm finding 'Your Royal Curliness' a tad more polite :king:

Yes I even told him in a comment he shouldn't change his hair too often because that ruins the whole point of this brilliantly polite nickname:mf_rosetinted:

For business correspondency I'd go for the capitals. :thumb_yello:

Although I'm finding 'Your Royal Curliness' a tad more polite :king:

Hmm, I think they left out that name for some reason :roftl:. I can't imagine this on my MP3 player display:

Your Royal Curliness - Grace Kelly

:roftl: Maybe he would change his song names to Grace Curly, Big Curls (You Are Beautiful), Curls Today and Holy Curly :roftl:.

Hmm, I think they left out that name for some reason :roftl:. I can't imagine this on my MP3 player display:

:roftl: Maybe he would change his song names to Grace Curly, Big Curls (You Are Beautiful), Curls Today and Holy Curly :roftl:.

Good one Mark!:roftl:

I think he was observing us for quite a while before joining

Well, I actually was, but remember I'm a little shy boy! It took me a while to collect the courage which was needed to sign up! :naughty:

WOW! I turned MIKA Groupie in 4 and half an hour! NIIIICE!

Edited by mark0495

Hey a newbie!!!

Welcome my dear! if you ever need any help on here, I am willing to try. I am the UK rep so any probs I am easy to find :thumb_yello:

and in answer to your question .....I have been here for ages and ages, I have always used MIKA actually MIKA! at the beginning. I like exclamation marks and use them far too often for anything to be grammatically correct...but hey who cares?! He actually signs Mika! so why not?

I started calling him MEEKS one day told someonelse, who told someonelse.. and now it is a nickname that he does actually answer too....to me anyway :wink2: but everyone calls him something different and we know who they mean so really it is entirely upto you how you write it...be it MIKA, MIKA! Mika, MEEKS, Meeks..or any other name you want to call him is fine on here as long as it is not obscene! :roftl:

Have fun on here! (told you) :blush-anim-cl:

daisylou!

x x x

Well, being stuck down here in Aus I've never met him (:sneaky2:) but for me there is a difference between Mika and MIKA. To me Mika is the man, the private citizen. MIKA is for when he's overtly being his musician popstar persona. It's all semantics in the end but it is something I've thought about. Just because I get cramp if I try and use the caps key too much without making it caps lock, I can't be bothered writing MIKA too much. It tends to just be Mika. But then, I'm lazy like that:bleh:

oh we have a funny one here:punk: you're gonna fit right in then hehe we're all mad on here :bleh:

welcome to the mfc:punk:

Welcome Mark! :welcomeani:

I never thought of that thing with capital letters... :eek: I can't write his name like that even if his management does it in the newsletters. For me it would mean that he was some kind of a superman. Well he isn't, no matter how much you'd like to believe it. :mf_rosetinted: I sometimes write my name with capital letters too - mostly when I do art - but that doesn't mean I intend to do it all the time. It can be different on the cover of the next album. If it isn't, Mika is more self-righteous than I thought. :naughty:

By the way, I often call him Mad Hatter. :mf_rosetinted:

Welcome Mark! :welcomeani:

I never thought of that thing with capital letters... :eek: I can't write his name like that even if his management does it in the newsletters. For me it would mean that he was some kind of a superman. Well he isn't, no matter how much you'd like to believe it. :mf_rosetinted: I sometimes write my name with capital letters too - mostly when I do art - but that doesn't mean I intend to do it all the time. It can be different on the cover of the next album. If it isn't, Mika is more self-righteous than I thought. :naughty:

By the way, I often call him Mad Hatter. :mf_rosetinted:

You don't think it will still be MIKA on the next album? I do. MIKA is the brand!

Hello,

It may be a very, very silly thread, but as a MIKA (or Mika) fan, I just want to know. There are actually two ways in which MIKA's name is written (all letters capital, or just the M), but I don't know how to write it...? I think that it's supposed to be written with all letters capital, like you could see in my previous posts, because his name at his LICM artwork is also made with capital letters. Am I doing it right or am I using Shift too much, I wonder! Hey! I'm a boy and still have eye for detail! Look at that, girls! :lmao:

I don't think it really matters how we write it. Usually I just write the M as a capital letter. Sometimes I write it full capitals, but I don't worry about it too much.