What did you do before Mika and MFC???

willywonka

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Before Mika and the MFC I was too obsessed with being "responsible."

Work a buttoned-up corporate job, obsess about finances and interest rates, blah, blah. I was oblivious to the fact there was a world outside of my own little sphere in western Canada. And I was only 22. How freaking boring! :shocked::roftl:

Now I'm randomly hopping planes and flying to another country just because the music feels so good. To hell with being responsible 24/7.

Basically this whole Mika thing somehow managed to get through to me and make me realize that I shouldn't be wasting my twenties always doing what's someone else's idea of "right", what's "responsible". I so needed that. That's kind of why I got my lollipop girl tattoo - to remind myself of a point in my life where I found something - Mika's music and MFC - that helped to point me in a better direction.

And I've also loved talking with you crazy lot from around the world. MFC has really opened up my mind to the fact that, hey, there's waaaay more world out there than I've had the chance to see. That's one of my favourite things about MFC. :wub2:

Work a buttoned-up corporate job, obsess about finances and interest rates, blah, blah. I was oblivious to the fact there was a world outside of my own little sphere in western Canada. And I was only 22. How freaking boring! :shocked::roftl:

Now I'm randomly hopping planes and flying to another country just because the music feels so good. To hell with being responsible 24/7.

Basically this whole Mika thing somehow managed to get through to me and make me realize that I shouldn't be wasting my twenties always doing what's someone else's idea of "right", what's "responsible". I so needed that. That's kind of why I got my lollipop girl tattoo - to remind myself of a point in my life where I found something - Mika's music and MFC - that helped to point me in a better direction.

And I've also loved talking with you crazy lot from around the world. MFC has really opened up my mind to the fact that, hey, there's waaaay more world out there than I've had the chance to see. That's one of my favourite things about MFC. :wub2:

True... I'm really glad the MFC did the best for you and so did Mika:huglove:

He was someone that even though I didn't know him, he just turned my life around... I was an immature spoiled brat 3 years ago, narrow minded, living in my own world... And he just opened my mind and a lot of MFCers teached me so many things... I've learned a lot:wub2: Can't believe I was just the kind of teens I hate.... He just woke me up! And the MFC did too. It teached me how to live life, how to be happy about anything and everything, to give music the importance it deserves...

I'm just really grateful this whole experience happened to me as you are:wub2:

Awww! :wub2: Now THAT is cool!

Gotta love Mika & the MFC!

so it took you quite a while to become a normal freak, eh? :mf_rosetinted:

welcome! :D:naughty:

I didn't suck too hard on my lollipops coz I thought love would gonna get me down...

I didn't want to go to Mexico...

I kicked people in the gutter..

I wasn't trying to be like Grace Kelly...

I used to pull out people's insides with old safety pins...

I even stucked my voodoo pins where people's eyes used to be...

so it took you quite a while to become a normal freak, eh? :mf_rosetinted:

welcome! :D:naughty:

Yep. Yay for normal freak-ness! :punk::mf_rosetinted:

I didn't suck too hard on my lollipops coz I thought love would gonna get me down...

Ahh, but were you the meanest hag that had ever been? Was it the hardest story that you had ever told? :mf_rosetinted:

:roftl:

I sure wouldn't have liked to meet you back then I see!:roftl:

HAG!:naughty:

Yep. Yay for normal freak-ness! :punk::mf_rosetinted:

Ahh, but were you the meanest hag that had ever been? Was it the hardest story that you had ever told? :mf_rosetinted:

I'll tell you the hardest story i WAS ever told:

Once upon a time there was a boy...

Hi, my name is Mika, i was born in 1983, i'm half american, half lebanese, i like marmite and i'm a pop tart....

Over and over and over again, you should recognize it is hard!:mf_rosetinted:

ummmmm

i wasn`t really into music in general.. i was quite of a shy girl.. and now i`m not :bleh:

i didn`t like drawing.. and then i was so amazed by DaWack`s drawing that i tryed to copy them and i kinda "find" my artistic side.. :naughty:

i wasn`t such a freak :mf_rosetinted:

i wasn`t so much in the internet.. only to look info for school :bleh:

Before Mika,I hated the music of those days.

When I was young (80's-90's) i thought I would always stay in touch

with new music and would never become old fashion about it when I would grow older.

I liked the 80's sooo much,then the 90's came in the beginning the music was just fine but then the hip hop came along and I hated it also the popular house music and i didn't liked that either.

The strange thing is that I learned to know the underground house music and it was very different from the popular house and I loved it.

But in the years "2000 and" I had so much good memories of that "house"time and that"house" music and the youth I lost, that I couldn't listen to it anymore without feeling sad and all the popular music got even worse.(Brit,Cristina,Avril,RNB,some stupid bands,and all the other rubbish.

I was stuck in the 80' and i hated that.

I even throw out my radio and I only listened to my own old music on cd's and pc.

I became very sick and really depressed because of this illness(I will have this disease for the rest of my life) and i couldn't except it. I thought my life was over and music made me feel tired.

in 2007 I found a job for a couple of hours a week so I could do the work despise my illness.

It was at that job that I heard Relax for the first time,that was June 2007.

It was because I didn't had a radio anymore that i heard it so late.

That very same day,I also heard the Scissor sisters for the first time.

I loved it immediately,both of the songs,Relax and I Don't Feel Like Dancing.

The music gave me back some of my energy and it made me Feel better and happy again.

I started to listen to the lyrics of relax and it gave me back hope and the feeling that everything would be alright again,to not give up.

I looked for Mika on the internet,I forgot all about the scissor sisters.

I saw pictures of him with comments on them from MFC-ers:naughty: (I found that out months later)

The comments where like this; oh he's so cute,handsome,beautiful.

I was like;:eek:, no he's not!!!(now i think, after Johnny Depp he's the most handsome man in the whole wide world)

I saw his official pictures and I though;right if you have a stylist and a good photographer,than it's not difficult to look like that, he looks good here but not that good!!!!!:thumbdown:

Than i downloaded his album(illegal)and loved it,the whole album( don't worry by now I've bought it twice).

I read his bio and was like oh my god,I have so much in common with him and he wheres the same clothes,I was wearing back in the 80's,he even has the same hair as me.

His music even made my illness better,every one noticed I was changing back to my old self again.

I don't know what my life would be like without him ,I'm even wondering if I would still be a life without him.

every time I was feeling really sick and tired,I putted on his cd and i felt better.

I also found back my interest for new artists and new music all thanks to him.

About MFC,

I'm here a lot,I don't post much but I'm here all the time,every day.

I can relate to most of you all,found other people with the same humor as me and I'm laughing quite a lot with all of your jokes.

Thanks Mika,Thanks MFC for making my life better again.

Edited by Moonlightchild
like always;spelling

Cos i know I spend much of my free time here when I used to do soooo many things before Mika and MFC...

I used to go out, to watch TV, go to Blockbusters almost everynight, paint, bake a lot of cakes...

Now my family is happy to have the TV for their use only, never went out or for videos again, my canvas are as white as bleach, and cakes are happily bought at the local baker shop...:shocked:

And the thing is i don't miss it or regret it...lol...:naughty:

Did this happened to you or am i loosing it????????????'

:roftl:

before mfc.....

hmmm...

man i cant think!

ummm i did homework!!! haha

i watched tv, and uhh read a little more.

hmm. o! i didnt lock myself in my room whenever i was home, now im like a hermit; when i come home, i go straight to my room, and never leave. lol

Oh,I can't believe I made a post this long.

Sorry guys but I'm so happy I could tell my story here finally.

It's important to me.

Thank you so much for your sincere story, it was really interesting to read!:thumb_yello::wub2:

I find it so fascinating that Mika and his music has had so much impact on so many people, not only in straight musically based way, I hear so many people talking about the energy he has.

It must really be contagious in a positive way!:roftl:

before mika and mfc?

can't remember :roftl:

oh, actually, i used to have a life. and friends. and i used to eat healthy food. i used to read every day, all day. i never listened to music. i used to climb trees. i used to fall out of trees. i used to run after the ice cream van with my friend because he would never stop in my street. i never wore converse. erm, i used to wear normal clothes too :roftl:

i prefer the way things are now :wub2:

Edited by Tayler

Oh,I can't believe I made a post this long.

Sorry guys but I'm so happy I could tell my story here finally.

It's important to me.

i enjoyed reading it too..

and i agree with you that mika change my point of view of the life ... my life is so different now , in a good way of course.

i am more optimistic now. :wink2: and relaxed :groovy::naughty:

• 6 months later...

It's all so fuzzy to me now...:naughty:

Before Mika, I only listened to the music that came on the radio :blink: ummmm....I watched A LOT of Degrassi, and I was VERY sad and scared because of some family problems.

Before MFC, I always did my homework,the computer bored me, and I didn't know much about other counries/cultures.