The Australian Thread: Part Nineteen

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's okay!

That's interesting... I thought music calmed animals down, but never thought about putting earphones on them... *thinks about doing it to the dog* :naughty:

Oh well, if it seems like you've offended people, we'll understand!

That is weird! Mum is adamant that I have autism, but I don't see the point in going to a psychologist to be told it... and if I do, I've managed to deal with it and I seem to be reasonably normal anyways! :naughty:

Yeah, maybe it would calm my cat down...she's gone stir crazy in the past couple of weeks and I've no idea why...

What is "reasonably" to you? :naughty:

Yeah, many high functioning people go through life fine without even knowing until later on in life. My parents, on the other hand, had no idea what was up with me, (at age ten I was convinced I was a flying superhero cat) so they sent me off to the professionals...lol

Haha! Well, there are worse things to be...

:doh:

Or perhaps not :roftl: ...I need 461 posts ..that would be (including today) approx 120 posts per day ...hmmm :sweatdrop:

Go, Silva, go, go! :groupwave:

Perhaps we should run a book on how many posts I will be able to make by New Year's Day :naughty:

Hah, I got to over 100 posts on xmas to get to 2,000!

I was so proud!

And I told a friend during the year that I had done something like 1,500 posts and she was like :shocked: that's like TWO POSTS A DAY!" and I said yeah.. And?

:doh:

Or perhaps not :roftl: ...I need 461 posts ..that would be (including today) approx 120 posts per day ...hmmm :sweatdrop:

460 now :thumb_yello:

Good luck!:punk:

I'm so happy you have started a fresh new thread, I use to lurk in here sometimes and it seems like you have your own inside jokes and experiences, it takes some time to get them, but now I at least have a fair chance to follow.:wink2:

I hope!:thumb_yello:

Yeah, I lurk far more than I post on most forums. It's probably got something to do with the fact that I'm socially awkward. I'm high functioning autistic (Asperger's Syndrome) so I find it easier to talk to people online, cos I can think about what I want to say before I blurt out something random. It's easier that way, and I don't offend people as often...lol :naughty:

My son has Asperger's. He's about to start high school this year and a bit nervous.

I doubt any of us would have even known you have Aspergers unless you'd said something!

Actually, a few of us have either Autistic or Aspergers relatives... chickadee has a son with (I think) Autism, Sweet Knees has a child with Aspergers, and my niece has Autism (actually the doctor said it was Developmental Pervasive Disorder Not Otherwise Specified... but it's still Autism)... and my mum is convinced I have autism cause my niece is exactly like me at the same age... but I think I'm just generally weird :naughty:...

Very close Teegs. Good memory.

lol, I dunno why, but I feel the need to tell people... Yeah, I have a few aspie friends. My first school friend is an aspie, and I only just found out this year! weird!

And my son used to tell people when he was first diagnosed (nearly four years ago) but he's much more reluctant to tell people now. He really only has about two friends from school and one of them also has Apserger's.

I'm so happy you have started a fresh new thread, I use to lurk in here sometimes and it seems like you have your own inside jokes and experiences, it takes some time to get them, but now I at least have a fair chance to follow.:wink2:

Hey Sienna! Good to see you in here posting and not just lurking! And you and I can ask dumb questions together cos I don't get all the inside jokes either and I've been reading the Aussies for over a year!

Hey Sienna! Good to see you in here posting and not just lurking! And you and I can ask dumb questions together cos I don't get all the inside jokes either and I've been reading the Aussies for over a year!

Wow a year, yeah I guess some of them are hard to crack!:roftl:

Thank you, I'll do that!:wub2:

Rainbowwww can i be added to listy aswell? :angel_not:

:huh: I'm sorry! I thought I had already added you. :poke: I've added you now... sorry for the delay. I swore I had done it though. I must have just thought it.

*waves hello to everyone*

Bec, I know what you mean about the stuff on the floor! :aah:

I think today I need to sort out my Christmas presents, since some are still just sitting around my room, causing me to trip over them

But first... the butchers

so do I! i've got exactly the same problems, but i got really big things-- like a horse feed bin. which i keep walking into :lol3:

I know. Getting presents is great, its having to deal with them later thats a problem :fisch:

so do I! i've got exactly the same problems, but i got really big things-- like a horse feed bin. which i keep walking into :lol3:

I have a mirror that I keep nearly knocking over that needs to be hung on the back of my cupboard door when I get the incentive, and a fan that needs to be put together so I can use it, instead of trip over its box, not to mention bags and shoes (well the shoes are always on my floor)

lol, do you mean a feed bin, like to put a bag of feed in, or a bucket?

Either way, you can put all your stuff in it!

I've still got stuff on my floor from my trip to Wollongong to visit family...and that was before xmas! :roftl:

Hello all! *Waves*

Just followed and read the new posts and I just need to quickly mark some territory here before this new thread gets even longer. Going to bed now though. Just came back from watching Seven Pounds starring Will Smith. Good movie. Good night!

Edited by Suzy

Heggo Sienna! Don't worry--I think that even those of us who made the inside jokes don't understand them :roftl:

In your room?? What's it doing in there?

Hello all! *Waves*

Just followed and read the new posts and I just need to quickly mark some territory here before this new thread gets even longer. Going to bed now though. Just came back from watching Seven Pounds starring Will Smith. Good movie. Good night!

*discreetly steps over the spot that Suzy peed on*

That is weird! Mum is adamant that I have autism, but I don't see the point in going to a psychologist to be told it... and if I do, I've managed to deal with it and I seem to be reasonably normal anyways!

:fisch:

OK, from now on I'm SweetZ

You'll always be StuckZ to me *hmph*

I'm sorry I've been !! But if you check out the message Teegs left on my profile ..

Major postwhore session :roftl:

Goonie Dightey Kelz !! Get well sooon !!!!

Thank you! *hugs* *gives it to you*

Part 19, doesn't time fly etc

I am amazed that I was as high as 7th, didn't think I'd chatted that much in the last thread. Still you can't keep a good post whore down

But what can you say about OKD?

And congrats Kelzy PW extraordinaire

You had a whole page to yourself somewhere in the last thread. lol!!

She's amazing.. I swear that girl ensured she'd be in the top 3 before she left.

Thanking you! I try not to be on top, but once you're up...

I've decided to be wildly ambitious and to try to get to 10,00 posts on New Year's Day

hahahahah!!!

Or perhaps not ...I need 461 posts ..that would be (including today) approx 120 posts per day ...hmmm

Maybe in February. :naughty:

YAY ITS A NEW AUSSIE THREAAAD! *does the macarena*

Hello!! *dances with you, athough you've already left*

oh..didnt even realze this was a part 19.

HOLY COW!!!!!!!

Udders.. Sexy Udders.

Yeah, maybe it would calm my cat down...she's gone stir crazy in the past couple of weeks and I've no idea why...

Has she been fixed? I forgot to mention before what I have noticed about my cats, especially my Gabaa (pr: Gub-bah) is that whenever I play music in bed he likes to sleep near it. He really actually loves Bon Jovi and will come in whenever I have them on. He also loves one of Courtney Love's (My BFF *zhhz*) songs, but that might have more to do with the fact she says his name in it. "Hey Gubbah Gubbah Babeh":naughty:

What is "reasonably" to you?

TP!!!!!!! *high 5's*

Perhaps we should run a book on how many posts I will be able to make by New Year's Day

Our time or your time? For us there is 59 hours to go. So, I think you could do 59 posts. But in your time I would say 70 posts.

Did I win anything??? yes yes yes no??

Good luck!

I'm so happy you have started a fresh new thread, I use to lurk in here sometimes and it seems like you have your own inside jokes and experiences, it takes some time to get them, but now I at least have a fair chance to follow.

I hope!

Hello!! Nice to see you here. Now we can create even more inside jokes. :naughty:

You both gave me an idea.

Wow a year, yeah I guess some of them are hard to crack!

Thank you, I'll do that!

I'm as easy as a hard boiled egg. You just have to use a spoon.. (And not Artsy's - she's anal)

Morning all...

I think today I need to sort out my Christmas presents, since some are still just sitting around my room, causing me to trip over them

But first... the butchers

I have to do that too. I have things here there and everywhere. *rolls eyes*

My cousin meredith was autistic.

She died when I was 7, I believe. she was only 21..

Awww *hugs*

I've still got stuff on my floor from my trip to Wollongong to visit family...and that was before xmas!

Hahahah!! I still have things on the floor too. Since Kylie, which was on the 19th. It's been a busy time of year, that's my excuse. *sticks to it*

Hello all! *Waves*

*hugs Schruzy*

I haven't heard of it?? I like Will Smith.

We have the SATC movie here to watch. I'm gonna put it on now.

a bucket! but it's HUGE, and i have a very small room.

note to self: take feed bin outside.

Probably a good idea! lol!

Afternoon all.