Top Posters In This Topic

The Easiest Dessert You Will Ever Make!

(I couldn't think of another name.)

cook2.jpgcook1.jpg

Ingredients:

- one box of Ritz crackers

- one can of condensed milk

- half a cup of chocolate chips

- one package of Chipits Skor Toffee Bits (this is what the package looks like)

Directions:

1) Crush the crackers up (not into dust, but into pretty small pieces).

2) Combine all of the ingredients (crushed up crackers, condensed milk, chocolate chips, toffee bits) in a bowl. Sprinkle extra chocolate chips on top, if you want.

3) Pour mixture into a greased 9x11 inch pan (or something similar) and cook in the oven. I put mine in at 350 for 15 minutes, but your oven might be different. Keep an eye on it and take it out when the edges get golden brown/cooked.

4) Let it cool and then cut into pieces.

Enjoy! Let me know what you think if you try this!

The Easiest Dessert You Will Ever Make!

(I couldn't think of another name.)

cook2.jpgcook1.jpg

Ingredients:

- one box of Ritz crackers

- one can of condensed milk

- half a cup of chocolate chips

- one package of Chipits Skor Toffee Bits (this is what the package looks like)

Directions:

1) Crush the crackers up (not into dust, but into pretty small pieces).

2) Combine all of the ingredients (crushed up crackers, condensed milk, chocolate chips, toffee bits) in a bowl. Sprinkle extra chocolate chips on top, if you want.

3) Pour mixture into a greased 9x11 inch pan (or something similar) and cook in the oven. I put mine in at 350 for 15 minutes, but your oven might be different. Keep an eye on it and take it out when the edges get golden brown/cooked.

4) Let it cool and then cut into pieces.

Enjoy! Let me know what you think if you try this!

it must taste a bit like sweet and salty at the same time

ritz crackers?? really? i heard you can make a mock apple pie with ritz crackers... no apples at all, yet it taste like it :naughty:

it must taste a bit like sweet and salty at the same time

ritz crackers?? really? i heard you can make a mock apple pie with ritz crackers... no apples at all, yet it taste like it :naughty:

I only taste a bit of salt when there is a bigger chunk of cracker. I find the crackers are there more for texture. The Ritz cracker crust sounds so interesting!

I only taste a bit of salt when there is a bigger chunk of cracker. I find the crackers are there more for texture. The Ritz cracker crust sounds so interesting!

i might try your recipe this weekend. thanks!

it's not the crust, it's the inside of it :naughty:

here is the recipe:

Mock Apple Pie a la Ritz

Pastry for two-crust 9-inch pie

30 to 36 Ritz crackers, coarsely broken up (about 1 3/4 cups)

2 teaspoons cream of tartar

2 cups water

2 cups sugar

Grated rind of one lemon

2 tablespoons of lemon juice

2 tablespoons butter or margarine

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1. Place sugar, cream of tartar and water in saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to simmer for 15 minutes. Add grated lemon rind and lemon juice. Allow to cool.

2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

3. Roll out half the pastry and line a 9 inch pie plate. Place coarsely-broken cracker crumbs in pie crust. Pour cooled syrup over crackers. Dot with butter or margarine and sprinkle with cinnamon.

4. Roll out remaining pastry; place over pie. Trim, seal and flute edges. Slit top to allow steam to escape. Bake at 425 F for 30-35 minutes or until crust is crisp and golden. Cool completely before serving.

here is a picture

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3152/2940575852_c1601cc9b5_o.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.lthforum.com/bb/viewtopic.php%3Ft%3D8&usg=___KdrdmUfH6jYWpsK34yoB7BPFMQ=&h=411&w=581&sz=103&hl=en&start=40&zoom=1&tbnid=0NbuIhn5s82VwM:&tbnh=117&tbnw=156&ei=4VxsTbPmOcX_lgfP8I2kBQ&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmock%2Bapple%2Bpie%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26biw%3D1276%26bih%3D538%26tbs%3Disch:10%2C808&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=410&vpy=254&dur=2309&hovh=189&hovw=267&tx=152&ty=110&oei=yFxsTaD-G4bJtgfDqonoAw&page=3&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:9,s:40&biw=1276&bih=538

:bye: here’s a tradicional dessert from my country, is called; negro en camisa: black in shirt :bleh:

25206_10150134931110377_751305376_11432904_8576_n.jpg

ingredients

8 Tbsp. butter for greasing pan

1 Kg Semisweet chocolate

Water 900 cc

1 Kg Sugar

1 Kg Butter

Und 20 egg yolks

Und 20 egg whites

500 g Flour

+ Traditional vanilla custard (As much as you want) :bleh:

Preparation:

1. With the 2 tablespoons of Butter greas a pan of 18 cm. In diameter and 10 cm high. On the fire is put a metal container, a little larger than the pan with about 5 cm of water to boil for cooking in a water bath in oven. Preheat oven to 400 º C.

2. In a pan, put the chocolate into small pieces, water and sugar. Let it boil, lower the heat slightly and cook. Stirring for 30 minutes until it thickens and falls in the form of foil over a wooden spoon. Immediately turn off the heat add and continually mix with the butter until you can see the chocolate shiny (..?). Continue mixing while adding one by one the yolks of eggs.

3.- In a bowl (a robot..don’t know how is called in english), stir the egg whites and mix the chocolate with wrapping movements. Finally, mix with the flour added in the form of rain.

4.- Pour the mixture into the pan, put it into the container with boiling water and immediately place it in the oven, cover the pan with aluminum foil. Bake for 25 minutes and continue baking. In theory in you insert a needle it should come out dry, then leave it in the oven for 15 minutes more.

5.-Let it cool and put into the fridge

6-When serving pour on top the vanilla custard

hope you understand y translation :biggrin2:

Here is a recipe of the custard

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/81/traditional+vanilla+custard

Pecan Pie (since Wonka asked :biggrin2: )

Pecan-Pie.jpg

This is the classic recipe -- I also have one for chocolate pecan pie, but

I think you have to have the original before you can try a variation :wink2:

* 1 cup Light OR Dark Corn Syrup

* 3 eggs

* 1 cup white sugar

* 2 tablespoons butter, melted

* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

* 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) pecans

* 1 (9-inch) unbaked or frozen deep-dish pie crust

1. Preheat oven to 350°F.

2. Mix corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla using a spoon. Stir in pecans. Pour filling into pie crust. (Note: If using prepared frozen pie crust: Place cookie sheet in oven and preheat oven as directed. Pour filling into frozen crust and bake pie on preheated cookie sheet.)

3. Bake on center rack of oven for 60 to 70 minutes. Cool for 2 hours on wire rack before serving. Note: Pie is done when center reaches 200°F. Tap center surface of pie lightly - it should spring back when done. For easy clean up, spray pie pan with cooking spray before placing pie crust in pan. If pie crust is overbrowning, cover edges with foil.

I think the hardest part for some of you non US residents might be finding

the pecans and corn syrup -- not sure how available those are for you.

Pecan Pie (since Wonka asked :biggrin2: )

Pecan-Pie.jpg

This is the classic recipe -- I also have one for chocolate pecan pie, but

I think you have to have the original before you can try a variation :wink2:

* 1 cup Light OR Dark Corn Syrup

* 3 eggs

* 1 cup white sugar

* 2 tablespoons butter, melted

* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

* 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) pecans

* 1 (9-inch) unbaked or frozen deep-dish pie crust

1. Preheat oven to 350°F.

2. Mix corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla using a spoon. Stir in pecans. Pour filling into pie crust. (Note: If using prepared frozen pie crust: Place cookie sheet in oven and preheat oven as directed. Pour filling into frozen crust and bake pie on preheated cookie sheet.)

3. Bake on center rack of oven for 60 to 70 minutes. Cool for 2 hours on wire rack before serving. Note: Pie is done when center reaches 200°F. Tap center surface of pie lightly - it should spring back when done. For easy clean up, spray pie pan with cooking spray before placing pie crust in pan. If pie crust is overbrowning, cover edges with foil.

Whenever i urge for pecans i look for it in a gourmet store nearby....so i guess every gourmet store must have them....

As for the corn syrup i'll ask them about it...:thumb_yello:

I'll try it this weekend, it looks delish...:thumb_yello:

That's right, it's easy to find pecans, but we don't actually use corn syrup here. Is it similar than basic syrup made from sugar? And I always make pie crust myself, we don't often use ready-made/frozen (and I need it gluten-free in any case).

Thanks Deb, need to bake during the weekend :biggrin2:

That's right, it's easy to find pecans, but we don't actually use corn syrup here. Is it similar than basic syrup made from sugar? And I always make pie crust myself, we don't often use ready-made/frozen (and I need it gluten-free in any case).

Thanks Deb, need to bake during the weekend :biggrin2:

corn syrup as the same consistency as honey, it is quite thick:thumb_yello:

Just found the corn syrup at the gourmet shop, ut it's very very expensive as it's imported, I payed over €10 for a can..

Ill be doing that pecan pie this afternoon...for my son's birthday tomorrow...

Just found the corn syrup at the gourmet shop, ut it's very very expensive as it's imported, I payed over €10 for a can..

Ill be doing that pecan pie this afternoon...for my son's birthday tomorrow...

so strange, here is a rather cheap subsitute to better product like maple syrup:wink2:

enjoy the pie.. I love pecan pie!

so strange, here is a rather cheap subsitute to better product like maple syrup:wink2:

enjoy the pie.. I love pecan pie!

No such thing is produced in Portugal, so they have to import it....

I will, thanks!:thumb_yello:

Oh I was in Georgia in October and I made a point of having some pecan pie. :licks_lips:

If you like pecan pie, you might want to try buttertarts (which can also be made with pecans or walnuts). It uses brown sugar as well as corn syrup and because the tarts are individual servings you can leave the centre gooey which I love.

http://www.food.com/recipe/award-winning-butter-tarts-14756

My oncle and aunt are coming over from Canada (Brampton, near Toronto) in May. And guess what they will bring me? A large bottle of Maple Syrup! We can get it here in the supermarket, but it's very expensive! We pay about 7 euro's for small bottle of 150 ml.! That's about 10 Canadian dollars!

I always love it when they come over! :wink2:

My oncle and aunt are coming over from Canada (Brampton, near Toronto) in May. And guess what they will bring me? A large bottle of Maple Syrup! We can get it here in the supermarket, but it's very expensive! We pay about 7 euro's for small bottle of 150 ml.! That's about 10 Canadian dollars!

I always love it when they come over! :wink2:

do you,like cheesecake? because I have a very good cheesecake recipe with maple syrup... buzz me if you want it:thumb_yello:

• 5 months later...

*cough* Guy said i should make a post here. soooo:mf_rosetinted: There was this competition about making the best blueberry muffin, between Guy and Me. and Fran is the tough judge:naughty:

So da report:

First i went out in the rain to get my blueberries.. and came back all wet!:sneaky2:

And started to find what i should use:

IMG_0348.jpg

Guy couldn't see the blueberries at the pic, so special pic for guy:

IMG_0350.jpg

Then i found out i didn't had enough blueberries so i send my sister out in the rain to get me some... otherwise she wasn't allowed to taste the muffins when they was done!:aah: ... and then i drop the sugar, all over the floor, no comments:mf_rosetinted:

Then:

IMG_0351.jpg

and then i found some cute forms:pinkbow:

IMG_0353.jpg

In the oven

IMG_0355.jpg

Mean while they are in the oven i cleaned the floor! -.-

Part 2

*piiing* done muffins:

IMG_0356.jpg

I felt in love with them. so i thought i would taste one! then i saw the rain have stopped, so i went out at my trampoline with my muffin.. *jump, jump, eats muffin* then i did a back somersault *lose the hold at the muffin*.. the rest of the muffin ended in the hedge:mf_rosetinted:

Muffin out of the form:

IMG_0357.jpg

Then i ran out in my garden again to get some raspberry. crashed them out over the plate

THE WINNER MUFFIN:

IMG_0361.jpg

Bonus muffin, for Fran:

IMG_0364.jpg

:wub2:

Done