Is Pachelbel's Canon hidden in "Happy Ending"

John Alan

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he commented this.

but I do am curious, though I am not a musician and I'm not sure I can recognise it..

pachelbel's canon is one of my fave classic tunes ever anyway and I'll gladly hear some technical response over this :bleh:

Pachelbel's canon is hidden in pretty much everything, as this video confirms:

:wink2:

I've seen that one before but think it's brilliant, so I've just shown it to my kids. The three year old wasn't interested, but my 12 yr old got enough of the musical references to find it amusing.

In a classical variant this melody looks hardly more difficultly. But it is banal 3 chords that game on a guitar confirms. Therefore a similar set of sounds probably to track in many melodious songs.

Mere chance

I don't think he commented this.

but I do am curious, though I am not a musician and I'm not sure I can recognise it..

pachelbel's canon is one of my fave classic tunes ever anyway and I'll gladly hear some technical response over this :bleh:

i'd love to know for sure too.

Pachelbel's canon is hidden in pretty much everything

Exactly. Just about last year I first heard a song called "Afraid" by Antony and the Johnsons and spent a few weeks wondering where I'd heard it before.:roftl: Then I was in the mood for something classical and when Canon came on I was like D-OH!

I've even played it with my quartet... :D

Didn't hear it in Happy Ending but now when you guys mentioned it....:biggrin2:

Great rant, btw.:roftl:

:roftl: and so true!!

Considering there are only 12 notes in the whole of Western music, it's a miracle anyone can write anything now that hasn't already been done or sounds like something that has already been done, so yes there is an element of the Pachelbel chord progression in HE but it's just a resemblence.

:roftl: and so true!!

Considering there are only 12 notes in the whole of Western music, it's a miracle anyone can write anything now that hasn't already been done or sounds like something that has already been done, so yes there is an element of the Pachelbel chord progression in HE but it's just a resemblence.

i think it was noel gallagher, accused of plagiarism, who said that we have heard most of everything already. and it's not entirely wrong.

o.c. he was also just trying to get his way out of it.. :naughty:

• 3 weeks later...
guys have of you noticed this, that when you listen to "Happy Ending" you can hear Pachelbel's Canon, in place like the bass line and near the end of the song .

has Mika ever confirmed this ???

It's funny, Ellanorelle just sent me that link where the comedian is playing Pachabelle's cannon on the guitar and singing all different songs from different genres that work to said tune!

It was so funny and now you post this :D

Brill :P