• 2 weeks later...

It turns out he has been collaborating...listening to the album I wish he hadn't been collaborating quite that much.

it would've been a lot more convenient if you were all just here keeping up the party so I could just slip back in whenever I got bored with being boring :naughty: I am not sure I'd actually want the 2007/8 rollercoaster ride again, but I'd like a bit of action now and I was sort of hoping to find it here

The party had to end some time. :naughty:

I'd love a reunion type trip, but would not focus or base things around Mika :wink2:

I'd rather not even go to a gig in London again :mf_rosetinted: But London without a gig would be pretty sweet... or a gig not in London and without queueing would be fine also :mf_rosetinted:

connie_hidinginwall.gif

To complete the wishlist, I would like some apple pie right now. Laie_87B.gif

Hi all!

I'd love a reunion, too. With or without Mika, but preferably without a gig. :naughty:

I like the fact that project Mika is supported by a slightly more motivated marketing team than in the years before. I rarely popped by here lately, still suddenly Mika is all around, spamming my email-inbox, celebrating out of the radio when I get into my car in the morning, when I get into my car in the evening... my mum calls to tell me that he's going to be on some tv show.. :lmao:

This - not so much my mum - but improved marketing activities along with an album that is so much more mainstream than anything before will hopefully finally grant him the commercial success he always deserved so much. I mean it. I do.

I have no doubt that the new album is technically brilliant and all that. He just can't do crap. But frankly, if that had been the first one I wouldn't have given a hoot. :teehee: Just my two cents.

It's nice to see you're all still here - in a way. Where's bab?

Edit: Er, yes. And I've just seen the BBC two acoustic origin... performance. And it's so Mika. And I remember why I ended up here in the first place. And I can't get over how he could slaughter his stuff like that for the album. It's entirely incomprehensible to me.

Edited by violet_sky

It's nice to see you're all still here - in a way. Where's bab?

Edit: Er, yes. And I've just seen the BBC two acoustic origin... performance. And it's so Mika. And I remember why I ended up here in the first place. And I can't get over how he could slaughter his stuff like that for the album. It's entirely incomprehensible to me.

Nice to see you too!:bye:

I agree, nothing so far compare to the first album, but at least some of the songs has that meandering melodies that stays in your head!:wub2:

I don't know really.... I like the album, but it's missing a dimension....although I'm not sure whether that dimension was actually on the first album or whether we put it here with all the magic happening here and at the gigs. I was really excited for a while, but since there's nothing much to return to here I quickly got bored... and now Loreen's album leaked, so I'll just move on :naughty: Would still love a reunion though, but I'm not really gonna try to drag people there, makes me feel sort of pathetic :blush-anim-cl:

I don't know really.... I like the album, but it's missing a dimension....although I'm not sure whether that dimension was actually on the first album or whether we put it here with all the magic happening here and at the gigs. I was really excited for a while, but since there's nothing much to return to here I quickly got bored... and now Loreen's album leaked, so I'll just move on :naughty: Would still love a reunion though, but I'm not really gonna try to drag people there, makes me feel sort of pathetic :blush-anim-cl:

Just a little question from the uninformed, has Loreen done more than just Euphoria? An album? :teehee:

And of course, all the fun we had in here added a lot of magic, but still it was new and exciting music! Wasn't it?

I had so much fun getting to know poeple all over the world and even meet some of them in reality, up to the point where it became some kind of contest: Who would get the biggest piece of Mika?

Then it wasn't so much fun any more!:naughty:

Just a little question from the uninformed, has Loreen done more than just Euphoria? An album? :teehee:

And of course, all the fun we had in here added a lot of magic, but still it was new and exciting music! Wasn't it?

I had so much fun getting to know poeple all over the world and even meet some of them in reality, up to the point where it became some kind of contest: Who would get the biggest piece of Mika?

Then it wasn't so much fun any more!:naughty:

She's just made an album, it's not released yet :naughty: It is fantastic :wub2:

Yeah guess that's how a lot of us felt and I don't wanna return to what I left, I wanna find a bit of the magic we had before the contest part :blink:But I guess that kind of stuff can't be recreated so... :aah:Anyway I do like the new album and it has proven what I kinda knew all along... I didn't just get tired of Mika, I got tired of the circus around him :mf_rosetinted: Oh and I still think Tah Dah is brilliant :naughty:

To me, the album has a new dimension, actually, something that is taking some of the songs to the direction of classical music.

Please don't leave :puppy_eyes:

I'll try to come here / online whenever I can. If only my day consisted of 48 hours...*sigh*

To me, the album has a new dimension, actually, something that is taking some of the songs to the direction of classical music.

Please don't leave :puppy_eyes:

I'll try to come here / online whenever I can. If only my day consisted of 48 hours...*sigh*

But I'm not sure if I like that dimension then :aah: It's evidently not the one I'm missing anyway :teehee:

I'm still around, just not as enthusiastic as I was two weeks ago :mf_rosetinted:

I'm still around, just not as enthusiastic as I was two weeks ago :mf_rosetinted:

Actually, I am also much less enthusiastic, as well, for some unknown reason that has nothing to do with teh album itself, though most importantly I am really tired.:aah:

Actually, I am also much less enthusiastic, as well, for some unknown reason that has nothing to do with teh album itself, though most importantly I am really tired.:aah:

Yes that's how I'm feeling at the moment too. I am really not up for a Mika circus in any case. I've got 3 gigs next week and don't know how I'm going to make it through. :blink:

Yes that's how I'm feeling at the moment too. I am really not up for a Mika circus in any case. I've got 3 gigs next week and don't know how I'm going to make it through. :blink:

I only have a ticket for Vienna but other than that I'd only attend special concerts, like Little Noise was in 2009.

There's a portuguese saying: God gives nuts to those who have no teeth....:naughty:

We just want apples! :wink2:

The thing is I've kind of come full circle on this Mika business. I started off only interested in the music and then I got swept up in the whole fan thing and the magic of the early gigs. But now I just like his music again and am not too keen on the ordeal of these concerts. I don't even want to stand at the front for 3 hours squashed among all those people, muchless stand outside for 12 hours in order to get there.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow! So much happening here that I somehow missed!

Firstly Violet,I am not quoting your post as it's long and I missed it, and it's a pain on my phone, but I agree with the general sentiment behind it. It is lovely to be in touch again with all the people who were a part of 'it',but I don't have the motivation or interest to do it again... A reunion type thing would be lovely but to me,combining it with a Mika event would kinda ruin it.

Re the live versions, that is how i am feeling now after the album has been out for a bit and the initial excitement has died down: i just don't really enjoy the album so much anymore, as i much prefer the live versions. He is just a trillion times better on them than on the album,and it's a shame that this is not what the public are seeing.

The sad part of it is that I don't think there is an actual solution to that!

You raise a point there that I have thought of myself, Kata.

I think the first album was great, of course, but I also think that one of the reasons why I got so into the whole thing is that I was at a point in my life here that diversion came in handy, for many different reasons, and this turned it into a much bigger thing than just the actual music, etc.

So, in short, the dimension might have not really been there, but we put it there, if that makes any sense?

We just want apples! :wink2:

The thing is I've kind of come full circle on this Mika business. I started off only interested in the music and then I got swept up in the whole fan thing and the magic of the early gigs. But now I just like his music again and am not too keen on the ordeal of these concerts. I don't even want to stand at the front for 3 hours squashed among all those people, muchless stand outside for 12 hours in order to get there.

Oh gosh, same here :wink2:

I don't really know where to ask this but is Lollipop Monkey still around these days? I haven't been through all the threads of course, but I haven't seen any posts by her on the threads I have been to.

Hi! Long time!

She is still around, yes

• 1 year later...
Oh no apple-ing since 2012? It really is a Mika drought :(

Yes and no signs of it getting any better. The only time he mentions the UK is to moan about how the press is mean to him and that he feels more at home in Italy and France.