• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/Mika-tickets/artist/950322

I can't see it anymore. Did I miss something? Did I not look properly? I only read the first and the last page of the thread, maybe that's the thing..

Man, and just when I got hyperexcited... :boxed:

ticketmaster seemed to have made a mistake and announced a gig date in dublin and quickly removed it.

we are all waiting for more details at the moment.:thumb_yello:

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/Mika-tickets/artist/950322

I can't see it anymore. Did I miss something? Did I not look properly? I only read the first and the last page of the thread, maybe that's the thing..

Man, and just when I got hyperexcited... :boxed:

No, I think Team Mika have stepped in and got them to remove it, they weren't supposed to announce anything yet.:wink2:

ticketmaster seemed to have made a mistake and announced a gig date in dublin and quickly removed it.

we are all waiting for more details at the moment.:thumb_yello:

oh, ok. thank you for clearing that up for me. that was quick :biggrin2:

No, I think Team Mika have stepped in and got them to remove it, they weren't supposed to announce anything yet.:wink2:

Heehe.. Yet?

I'm currently reading the Go to Mikasounds thread. I've been reading it for like 3 hours now. And I saw babs mentioning the gig and i was like WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT????????? A GIG??????

So hearing the new music and feeling all the excitement here, being back here on the MFC, well it all just feels GOOD. Plus that 'yet'... :wink2::naughty:

I love MFC.. I love Mika.. :wub2:

And speaking as the MUM who jumped in an bought THREE tix for festivals that were announced in three different cities in Australia and then MIKA was announced as cancelled 2 weeks later (and about 3 months before the shows) the expense can be a BIG RISK.

We mothers.

Honestly.:sneaky2:

Oh yes... well next time it looks like Mika's doing a festival in Oz, I won't be buying tickets...

bs, that must have been such a disappointment. what did you end up doing? did you go just the same or resell the tickets? had they been confirmed by mika or just by the festival people? i'm always afraid with festivals.

I think she resold them, I know I did. It was too expensive to not resell them!

It had been on the site, in really big letters... Mika said nothing about it, and we found out when we looked at the site and V Festival organisers said he'd pulled out due to it clashing with recording the album...

Then again, Mika's good at leaving other people to tell us about things... :sneaky2:

Damn... I've just gone from fangirl to cynic in 5 seconds.. :naughty:

Oh yes... well next time it looks like Mika's doing a festival in Oz, I won't be buying tickets...

I think she resold them, I know I did. It was too expensive to not resell them!

It had been on the site, in really big letters... Mika said nothing about it, and we found out when we looked at the site and V Festival organisers said he'd pulled out due to it clashing with recording the album...

Then again, Mika's good at leaving other people to tell us about things... :sneaky2:

Damn... I've just gone from fangirl to cynic in 5 seconds.. :naughty:

:roftl::roftl: it's called 180 degrees?

Yep. As far as I know, all 'big' artists do pre-sales for fans before general sales.. :wink2:

But nobody is asking you to pay to 'be a member' of MFC as you know it. We've said it many times when giving our feedback and thoughts about this issue...

There could be a free forum, like MFC is now, although mind you, this place is NOT free: someone is paying for it (Mika at the moment, and before him, Sunny and our donations), and then a membership fanclub, where you pay to get perks like presales.

This is just me being realistic, and the same way that the world works; it's not some novel concept.

Also, these memberships are usually a yearly fee and it's not that high, so if that was the case and you wanted to be a part of it, I'm sure that you could use some of your pocket money to pay for it. Don't you have an ipod, a mobile, etc? I am guessing that you also go out with your friends as well, and do things, and also buy music? All these things cost money, which you, or your parents, are paying for at the moment.

An easy solution would be for you to just include this as one of your 'expenditures'.

At the end of the day, that is how reality works for all of us :roftl:. You pick what you want to do, and you budget for it.

No offense sariflor, but I ... I don't care about MFC as much as my ipod, my cellphone, my friends, and my food. :naughty:

And speaking as the MUM who jumped in an bought THREE tix for festivals that were announced in three different cities in Australia and then MIKA was announced as cancelled 2 weeks later (and about 3 months before the shows) the expense can be a BIG RISK.

We mothers.

Honestly.:sneaky2:

Oh. Well if we're on the topic of mom's risking time and money flying out of the country....on cancelled gigs, then I'm right up there with you. *insert naughty smiley here*

Like a lot of others, I would be happy if we got presale... I'm not saying we deserve it, but I would like it... Extra stuff would be welcomed too! :naughty:

We're trying, Tegan... really... Ever hopeful...

:roftl::roftl: it's called 180 degrees?

That's about right! :naughty:

I feel like I'm bipolar or something... I constantly change how I feel about Mika :naughty:

Oh. Well if we're on the topic of mom's risking time and money flying out of the country....on cancelled gigs, then I'm right up there with you. *insert naughty smiley here*

Oh yes... I remember... luckily for us we found out with enough time to sell them on Ebay, rather than getting there and finding out that he's not there...

We're trying, Tegan... really... Ever hopeful...

I know you are... I don't blame you guys, I blame Team Mika... they is a bit slack with the communications :naughty:...

I'm just loving how U2 share the love with the paid subscriptions... t shirt, cd, 25% voucher for their shop, presale tickets... it's heaps more than I expected :wub2:... *hints to Team Mika to do similar to Bono et al*

I'm actually quite hurt by what Niki said...as far as I can see NOW, is that she was taking it out on me...

I wasn't taking it out on you personally but I'm sorry to say I still think it's not the best idea ever, and yes it's common sense imo to place any other priority before an unconfirmed gig abroad... Each one of us gets overexcited at times and we all do stupid things for Mika, don't we? :naughty: So what I said wasn't meant to be hurtful, but to open Ingie's eyes. Is taking so many risks worth it, seriously? What'll happen if like some said, there's no gig, or you don't get ticks etc etc? Worse, imagine for a second the gig eventually is on the day before your arrival for example! Won't you be extremely disappointed?

I know the MFC is an overwhelming place which somehow reinforces everyone's madness about gigs and stuff, but sometimes, we need to rein (and rein and rein) in this madness a bit. I felt like doing it last night, because I don't want to see people panick and start booking flights, just like I don't want to see younglings starting feeling sad because they cannot skip school while some will.

I wasn't taking it out on you personally but I'm sorry to say I still think it's not the best idea ever, and yes it's common sense imo to place any other priority before an unconfirmed gig abroad... Each one of us gets overexcited at times and we all do stupid things for Mika, don't we? :naughty: So what I said wasn't meant to be hurtful, but to open Ingie's eyes. Is taking so many risks worth it, seriously? What'll happen if like some said, there's no gig, or you don't get ticks etc etc? Worse, imagine for a second the gig eventually is on the day before your arrival for example! Won't you be extremely disappointed?

I know the MFC is an overwhelming place which somehow reinforces everyone's madness about gigs and stuff, but sometimes, we need to rein (and rein and rein) in this madness a bit. I felt like doing it last night, because I don't want to see people panick and start booking flights, just like I don't want to see younglings starting feeling sad because they cannot skip school while some will.

Have you even READ that its just for HOLIDAYS in the first place?

Its in the quote even that you made yourself!

Gosh!!!:thumbdown:

This thread only triggered my idea of GOING! If there is a gig: fine, if there's no gig: fine.

I dont mind your opinion, but I do mind the fact you insinuated I have no common sense!

PLUS that you blame ME for the fact that Ingie wants to come with me. Thats ALL her own decision. I only said I just booked Dubs as I wanted to go on hols. Told her as she is a friend of mine, as I told more friends...

Edited by Biekje

Page 48? :shocked:

I'm away for one weekend and this happens. Can anyone tell me has there been any news since about page 7 or has this thread just been excitement and speculation? :naughty:

You should never stay away from this place!:roftl:

I learned that the hard way when I was away a few days too!:naughty:

About Mika/May/Dublin, no we don't have any more info as far as I know!:blink:

But I think it's a good idea to check the site often, I hope it will be a gig and they just anounced it too early!

IngievV and I booked a flight to Dublin PLUS booked the hostel (which is about behind the venue, if it's going to be The Academy):blush-anim-cl:

Good for you, girls :thumb_yello: !

True it is utterly unreasonable, extravagant, insane :insane: as we don't know if Mika will actually perform in Dublin that night. So what ? There are much more unhealthy ways of being a fan(atic) and yours is very sweet, don't let people damp your passion !

Furthermore the Irish are DDG ; the most common type as far as I remember is raven-black hair, china-blue eyes, rosy complexion and soft features :wub2:. So that you might not even notice Mika, busy as you will be kept by delicious Irish boys :snog: ...

Enjoy ! The gig, I mean :wink2: .

I’m a little bit lost too!

But I guess there isn’t more news or updates about this gig!

Oh ok, thanks :) can't believe we are on 50 pages before there has even been any gig confirmed :roftl:

You should never stay away from this place!

I learned that the hard way when I was away a few days too!

About Mika/May/Dublin, no we don't have any more info as far as I know!

But I think it's a good idea to check the site often, I hope it will be a gig and they just anounced it too early!

Haha I know, especially when such huge news is concerned! :naughty: thanks anyway! I didn't fancy having to trod back through 48 pages, and I NEED to keep updated on this :mf_lustslow::naughty:

Furthermore the Irish are DDG ; the most common type as far as I remember is raven-black hair, china-blue eyes, rosy complexion and soft features :wub2:. So that you might not even notice Mika, busy as you will be kept by delicious Irish boys ...

Enjoy ! The gig, I mean .

Haha, in the fairy tales yes, but in reality they are a lot different :naughty:

*ahem*

Can anyone at all give me an update please? :)

Just excitement and speculation unfortunately...

Good for you, girls!

True it is utterly unreasonable, extravagant, insane :insane: as we don't know if Mika will actually perform in Dublin that night. So what ? There are much more unhealthy ways of being a fan(atic) and yours is very sweet, don't let people damp your passion !

Furthermore the Irish are DDG ; the most common type as far as I remember is raven-black hair, china-blue eyes, rosy complexion and soft features :wub2:. So that you might not even notice Mika, busy as you will be kept by delicious Irish boys :snog: ...

Enjoy ! The gig, I mean :wink2: .

I'm just hoping they can send me a gorgeous Irish boy! :das:

Biekje already has my address... all she needs to do is shove him in a box, poke some air holes for him, give him a dish of water and a bit of food and he'll be right! :naughty:

So you, as a responsible adult, are encouraging IngievV to skip school just before the exams to go to Ireland in the perspective of a gig which hasn't been confirmed yet? Nice ! :naughty:

Dear Sophie, as much as I appreciate you lecturing me for every step I take, I must make sure that you know certain things. In fact, the 28th of May I am free. I only have 2 exams the week after, which are both only texts I can't study for. It was my own decision, gig or no gig, to go anyway. Last time, when the Christmas party was there I did miss some exams, but it all turned out alright, now I'm not even missing an exam so I suggest you better check with me before drawing any conclusions and stop acting like I'm a retarted child because I'm not.

Just excitement and speculation unfortunately...

I'm just hoping they can send me a gorgeous Irish boy! :das:

Biekje already has my address... all she needs to do is shove him in a box, poke some air holes for him, give him a dish of water and a bit of food and he'll be right! :naughty:

Erm you do know that that Irish bloke is míne ey :sneaky2::naughty:

Dear Sophie, as much as I appreciate you lecturing me for every step I take, I must make sure that you know certain things. In fact, the 28th of May I am free. I only have 2 exams the week after, which are both only texts I can't study for. It was my own decision, gig or no gig, to go anyway. Last time, when the Christmas party was there I did miss some exams, but it all turned out alright, now I'm not even missing an exam so I suggest you better check with me before drawing any conclusions and stop acting like I'm a retarted child because I'm not.

:bow::thumb_yello:

I don't think you're retarded, but whatever your reasons might be for going, I do believe this kind of decisions shouldn't even be mentionned in this thread, especially if it's not-gig related, cause it might encourage some other poeple to take useless risks. Do it if you want, I ain't your mum, but it shouldn't be encouraged on a forum where there are so many young people who would do the craziest things to see Mika. So yes, I'll stick to my guns on this matter because as a mod, and as an adult, I feel it's my responsability to tell younger people to think twice before doing this kind of things, and to repeat this gig hasn't been confirmed so that people don't panick and buy their flights just because they think you might have more info than they do... If you can't understand this, I'm sorry, but that's how I feel and won't change my mind.

I don't think you're retarded, but whatever your reasons might be for going, I do believe this kind of decisions shouldn't even be mentionned in this thread, especially if it's not-gig related, cause it might encourage some other poeple to take useless risks. Do it if you want, I ain't your mum, but it shouldn't be encouraged on a forum where there are so many young people who would do the craziest things to see Mika. So yes, I'll stick to my guns on this matter because as a mod, and as an adult, I feel it's my responsability to tell younger people to think twice before doing this kind of things, and to repeat this gig hasn't been confirmed so that people don't panick and buy their flights just because they think you might have more info than they do... If you can't understand this, I'm sorry, but that's how I feel and won't change my mind.

But you can do that in a normal way and not telling us we don't have common sense (insinuating that) and attacking ME for it.

THIS thread IS what triggered my Want-To-Go-Back-To-Dublin idea. It's also in the QUOTE YOU made! I was telling in that quote that I wanted to go back to dubs again for hols.

Its a plus its next to the venue IF something happens, but we're deffo not going there for that.

But I can best stop this now as I'm VERY PISSED OFF.:sneaky2:

Not even a SORRY for how you said it. I dont mind opinions, but the way you said stuff were nasty. VERY nasty! And that crossed some of my boundaries. As many people here also can see. :thumbdown:

Edited by Biekje

But you can do that in a normal way and not telling us we don't have common sense (insinuating that) and attacking ME for it.

THIS thread IS what triggered my Want-To-Go-Back-To-Dublin idea. It's also in the QUOTE YOU made! I was telling in that quote that I wanted to go back to dubs again for hols.

Its a plus its next to the venue IF something happens, but we're deffo not going there for that.

But I can best stop this now as I'm VERY PISSED OFF.:sneaky2:

Not even a SORRY for how I said it. I dont mind opinions, but the way you said stuff were nasty. VERY nasty! And that crossed some of my boundaries. As many people here also can see. :thumbdown:

I didn't say anything nasty. Saying not going to a gig during an exam period, like I did to Neiobi, is common sense, is... common sense. If you take it so personally, maybe that's because you know everything I said wasn't THAT WRONG. Besides, my first post was meant as a joke, and you reacted to it joking in return, so why make a drama now? If you had a problem with it, you should have PMed me straight away, which should be done now too btw since this is going totally overboard.