Rainbow Sky

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope everyone else is well - and OKD is getting on well with

the ukulele

Of course, of course. On Monday I learnt new song - A-Punk by Vampire Weekend :biggrin2:

New vlog btw

Mack the knife was my favourite song in band. I can't remember how it goes though :naughty:

Thanks ladies... am feeling a bit better today... I decided to sit down and get started on a job application at a private school in Bathurst today... It's a full time permanent position, and strangely enough, I really really want the job!

I'm going ot use my connecshuns with the school (namely the old bagpipe tutor and the fact I've been in a pipe band for almost 10 years) to my advantage...

That's AWESOME! GO FOR IT!!!!! :woot_jump:

OkD all I care about is that photos be big enough to print... any bigger and they take forever to upload. I can have them much bigger if I so choose though

WELL, you know they say for a 4 by 6 inch print you should have at least 5 megapixels for a clear image.

Avoiding the question.

:roftl:

I agree with you on Twilight...

Twilight is seriously starting to kill me now. My little sister is obsessed. She has four different t-shirts, and the other morning, she goes to me "E.J, did you know that when I'm in the shade, my eyes change colour, and my hair gets lighter?" I was like, "YOU ARE NOT A VAMPIRE!!"

She's taken obsessive to a whole new level. She can have an entire conversation using only quotes from the books, and has convinced several of her teachers to refer to her as 'Edward'. =|

She scare me...lol

I know! haha

But then, she's never really been into all that stuff that typical girls like until now (I never have been, so there's never really been peer/sibling pressure on her to do all that 'typical' girl stuff), so hopefully once she's gotten over her first teenage obsession, she'll realise. =]

:naughty: Yeah, I wouldn't really hope for her to get over it any time soon. I was like that (perhaps worse) about Harry Potter at her age. I've had 4 Harry Potter parties, the most recent of which was just over a year ago :fisch:

TWILIGHT: Never read it or saw it .

:no:

Sense enough to know that they're not a real vampire. :blink:

I guess a normal 14 year old would have enough sense to know that, but these are Twihards we're talking about...

That's AWESOME! GO FOR IT!!!!! :woot_jump:

I is... I just need the criteria that they said would be on the school's website...

I agree with you on Twilight...

Twilight is seriously starting to kill me now. My little sister is obsessed. She has four different t-shirts, and the other morning, she goes to me "E.J, did you know that when I'm in the shade, my eyes change colour, and my hair gets lighter?" I was like, "YOU ARE NOT A VAMPIRE!!"

She's taken obsessive to a whole new level. She can have an entire conversation using only quotes from the books, and has convinced several of her teachers to refer to her as 'Edward'. =|

She scare me...lol

Hmm - I avoid sunlight, I hate garlic, I have two little red marks on my neck - can you have a veggie vampire :blink:

Maybe I could live off blood oranges :roftl:

Was supposed to work 7-11, but ended up staying back till 4. I'm exhausted, but I doubled my pay for the week, considering I only get one shift

Enjoy your well-earned rest.:naughty:

*waves to everyone*

*waves back* :bye:

I'm sooooo tired. But my job is sooo awesome. I had to stay there overnight, and there was no internet :shocked: But the second I finished my work I passed out anyway, so it wouldn't have made any difference. The job title is basically "vet student", and it's totally catered towards vet students, it's extremely awesome. Lots of and lots of doing awesome stuff, learning and getting to try things out. And its with horsies! I learnt to ride the quad bike. Which is manual, and with a trailer, which I had to reverse around a maze of corners continually. Which they gave me basically no instruction on except for what buttons do which. I spent a good few hours figuring it out. And several several more trying to reverse that damn trailer. At the end of today I finally managed to get it where I wanted before giving up and either carrying everything the rest of the way or dragging the trailer. It only took me a an hour or two of going backwards and forwards over and over again. The place is sooo awesome. Really the best equine hospital set up in WA. Better than the uni. 3 years old, and with the most expensive, newest and high tech version of everything. I will bring a camera next time to photoshoot when everyone leaves :naughty:

The horsies are awesome. They are basically all racing horses, because people can't afford how much those treatments are for pet horses. So some are absolute bastards, but some are wonderfully lovely. All are beautiful, and extremely strong. I have to feed them all and clean out the pen-thingies twice a day (there are 15 outside pen-thingies, and 20 paddocks, a round yard and then a bunch more inside pens-thingies). It takes me about 5-6 hours, which it probably isn't supposed to, but oh well. There were two horses that I hated. One just walked circles around me in the pen, facing it's butt towards me, and one followed me around biting me and rearing up, and I was just like, okay, that's it, I'm out, you can have dirty homes, your choice. And then .. three were super lovely. One had colic, and had to be on a slow drip for several hours each day, and got stressed out about being left alone in the crush, so I had to stand with him, and he woudn't stop licking my pants. They were totally soaked through with horse saliva. And two were just super cuddly and wouldn't leave me alone when I was cleaning their pens. It was really annoying, actually. And I kept accidentally hitting them in the face with the rake because they wouldn't go away, but that didn't deter them at all. When I bent down to pick up a few loose bits of hay one of them put his head down on my back and I couldn't move for like 10 minutes until he decided to lift his stupidly strong head up again :naughty:

Whenever I'm not cleaning poo, I'm helping the vets, which is also awesome. I drew up medicines, gave horsies medicines, caught and restrained horsies, took temperatures, helped with xrays, etc etc etc. And I got to do lots of unhelpful-type stuff too, like the vet let me rectal the horsie with colic after her :original: (because I love that so much). My hours are basically 7am Saturday until whenever the vets leave and I finish on Sunday (which was 6.30 today). I have to sleep at the hopital to look after it and be there for any after hours emergencies. Yesterday I was working from 7am-10.30pm, and today from 7.30am-6.30pm. :shocked:

AND THEN ... yesterday my dad woke me up at 6.50, and two seconds later, in the hallway outside my bedroom, he goes all "Zen, are you okay? Why are you panting?". And Zen had another stroke-y thing. I told you about when he had one last time, surely? I was out while it happened, and dad drove him to Murdoch emergency hospital and byt the tim eh got there he'd stopped and was back to normal. Well, so he did it again, went all strange acting, and then lost his balance, couldn't walk, had a head tilt and threw up. It was worse than last time, and well .. Murdoch is just too far away, it takes 45 minuets to get there, and we don't know any vets that are open at 7am, or don't know when vets open around here, so we decided to bring him to Larkhill, because it is on the way to anywhere else anyway, and there will obviously be someone there at 7am, even if it's in the equine section only, they will have a list of information about the other vets in the area. So I went first, and got there and they were all "Oh hi!" and I was all "When does the small animla clinic open?" and they said 9 and I asked if they knew any clinics that were open now, and they asked why and said we could put him in a cage and wait for 9 and asked what was wrong and I said it was some kind of stroke-like-thing and they were all "omg! the vet arrives soon!" and then the vet walked in, and they were all "there's a dog with a stroke coming!" and she ran straight into the small animla clinic (it's like a separate part from the equine) and started trying to find stuff to get ready (:wub2:), and then dad came with Zen and she checked him out and gave him medicine and a drip. She's totally a horse vet and not a small animal vet, and she got in trouble later for looking after a dog instead of the horses first, but she's awesome. I like her. And I quite dislike the other vet who is a slag and just walks around critisizing everyone and putting people down. Later the proper doggy vet came out and talked to me and said there's basically a million things it could be, of varying badness. But he went home again at the end of the day and is much better now, but he does still have a slight head tilt :boxed:

And now I shall take a nap. Gosh. I have an exam tomorrow. I need to cram. But I'm too tired.

*looks at post* :shocked: Um, well, think of it like that's two days worth of writing :fisch:

Hmm - I avoid sunlight, I hate garlic, I have two little red marks on my neck - can you have a veggie vampire :blink:

Maybe I could live off blood oranges :roftl:

:roftl:

OKD, I'm not going to quote your post. But that job sounds brilliant (despite having to do all the mucking out).:thumb_yello:

I shouldn't call your patients "horsies" in front of the vets, though :naughty:

WELL, you know they say for a 4 by 6 inch print you should have at least 5 megapixels for a clear image.

Pft.. whoever says that just wants you to get the higher cameras. You can use a crappy facebook copy of a pic and still get a clear image (I know from experience). And way back in the early days of digi cameras, everyone had the 2.1 mp ones, and no hassles there :naughty:

I'd use a higher megapixel, but my view is lower = more pictures + less time uploading. The only time I'd use higher is for special occasions.

Morning Silver btw..and everyone else.

Went to bed earlier than normal, still feel sleep deprived. Onto the caffeine with me

Morning :bye: I can never get going without the coffee :naughty: Hope you catch up with your sleep tonight

Morning :bye: I can never get going without the coffee :naughty: Hope you catch up with your sleep tonight

It'll mean an even earlier night maybe :naughty:

Normally, I'm not so bad with the caffeineness, but I'm in full scale addiction. Lack of caffeine on Sunday caused grumpiness :naughty:

I still need a way to tap into little kids energy. There's a goldmine of energy there that we could steal

Of course, of course. On Monday I learnt new song - A-Punk by Vampire Weekend :biggrin2:

Mack the knife was my favourite song in band. I can't remember how it goes though :naughty:

Well done - looking forward to a youtube clip soon!! :sneaky2:

I love Ella Fitzgerald's version of Mack the Knife!! She made the

point that it was always sung by men - then she sang it - and

forgot the words half way through - so just made some up! It's

a brilliant live recording :punk:

:fisch:Birthday pressie perhaps?

Awww ... thank you for the thought Teegs :wub2 : ... but the reason I haven't read the book/s is 'cos it's really not my 'thing' :wink2:

I hope you are feeling better today too ! :huglove:

WENDI !!!! :huglove:TFR15C.gif

OKD: I didn't quote you but ... all of that sounds FANTASTIC !!!! YAY for you !!! :kachinga:

Awww ... thank you for the thought Teegs ... but the reason I haven't read the book/s is 'cos it's really not my 'thing' :wink2:

I hope you are feeling better today too ! :huglove:

Didn't stop us from getting it for Twatty :fisch: ...

And I'm not feeling better today... my tummy is feeling very tight and sore :tears:...

We had my little cousin over here today (because his father was supposed to talk to a doctor about his wife, cause she's in the mental hsopital... long story)... He got very upset when his dad left, but was fine... I took him down to my mum, and when I came back I went to bed and slept most of the day...

*gigglesnort*

There was a good joke on GNW...

There's a headline about how playing the drums helps you lose weight and not be depressed... Paul just said that "at least you can take heart that you're not the bass player" :lmfao:...

OKD, I'm not going to quote your post. But that job sounds brilliant (despite having to do all the mucking out).:thumb_yello:

I shouldn't call your patients "horsies" in front of the vets, though :naughty:

I know right! Psht, I'll call them what I want to call them :naughty:

Pft.. whoever says that just wants you to get the higher cameras. You can use a crappy facebook copy of a pic and still get a clear image (I know from experience). And way back in the early days of digi cameras, everyone had the 2.1 mp ones, and no hassles there

I'd use a higher megapixel, but my view is lower = more pictures + less time uploading. The only time I'd use higher is for special occasions.

Pfft, because that's all that existed then, and you CAN see the difference. You must be blind *hmph*

You can't put any of those pictures as wallpapers either.

Well done - looking forward to a youtube clip soon!! :sneaky2:

Okay!

Awesome! That's like when we played it in training band, everyone just played whatever. It sounded just as awesome.

And I'm not feeling better today... my tummy is feeling very tight and sore :tears:...

We had my little cousin over here today (because his father was supposed to talk to a doctor about his wife, cause she's in the mental hsopital... long story)... He got very upset when his dad left, but was fine... I took him down to my mum, and when I came back I went to bed and slept most of the day...

:tears: