The Australian Thread: Part Twenty

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's seen 'Bonnie and Clyde'?

I'm trying to write an essay about it at the moment because we've been studying it in English. I really shouldn't have left it until the night before. :naughty:

How is everyone?

Hi SD ! Fine Thanks !

Yes, I've seen Bonnie & Clyde ... several times ... brilliant film , however it was many years ago ... have you not seen it ?? If you have, I imagine it's relatively easy & interesting to comment on ... hmmm, perhaps leaving it 'til the night before is cutting it pretty fine ... :naughty::wink2:

Hi SD ! Fine Thanks !

Yes, I've seen Bonnie & Clyde ... several times ... brilliant film , however it was many years ago ... have you not seen it ?? If you have, I imagine it's relatively easy & interesting to comment on ... hmmm, perhaps leaving it 'til the night before is cutting it pretty fine ... :naughty::wink2:

Yeah, I've seen it. We watched it twice in class. The first time was just for general viewing and the second time was for close analysis.

It is interesting to comment on. But it's very difficult to write an essay that my teacher likes. He's a very harsh marker. He is very old (he taught my Dad in when he was in year 12 and my Dad is 46!) and pretty much a genius. I feel very privileged to have him as my teacher but he's hard to impress. :naughty:

And I just don't like this essay. :naughty:

Yeah, I've seen it. We watched it twice in class. The first time was just for general viewing and the second time was for close analysis.

It is interesting to comment on. But it's very difficult to write an essay that my teacher likes. He's a very harsh marker. He is very old (he taught my Dad in when he was in year 12 and my Dad is 46!) and pretty much a genius. I feel very privileged to have him as my teacher but he's hard to impress. :naughty:

And I just don't like this essay. :naughty:

Aaah ... OK ! Well, perhaps just don't be too harsh on yourself then ... & do as best you can ... :wink2::original:

Its too early to be awake again... for me at least.

Think I'm going to have to choose between my planned events for the weekend, too tired to pull off both

Morning Becs :bye:

What were you planning then?

Morning. Supposed to go clubbing for a friends birthday tonight, and then to a gig with friends on Saturday. Really thinking of skipping tonights one though

Never been one for clubbing, myself. I'd go for the gig too :thumb_yello:

soy, I didn't think you did mornings.

I don't. *points to burned hand from 1 minute ago from keetle* and with good reason

But primary schools require morning awakening and I have to be awake at least an hour before I arrive to be coherent

I don't. *points to burned hand from 1 minute ago from keetle* and with good reason

But primary schools require morning awakening and I have to be awake at least an hour before I arrive to be coherent

just slightly singed :roftl:

just slightly singed :roftl:

Pretty much. I have my hand wrapped around a zooper dooper to prevent damage from it. Its my right hand and I need it to be able to hold pens and write today (whether that writing is readable is always another matter entirely)

All the best Teegs

Goood luuuck! Do you get internet at the hospital?

Thanks!

No interwebs... I had my phone last night and got on facebook a bit...

SILVER:- Hehe, the church pic was made by my brother off this website: churchsigngenerator.com

You can change the words and colours :P Heres my new one

churchsignmeeks.jpg

We could so make one of these pics to send in the bundle of stuff to get Meeks to Oz

Good idea.. I've saved that one...

Dressed now.... deciding if I should leave early to pick up a drive through coffee and a cheesy omelette wrap on the way, but that still is only quarter past, or 10 past that I have to go

I want a cheesy omlette wrap now... but I'm not allowed to drive anywhere for about 4 weeks...

Looks like the way I'm going, I'll lose some weight...

Me neither. I've commandeered Dishpig's comp, but now he's got company and they want to use the screen to play Xbox, and I'm outnumbered so I've got to run, but just thought I'd drop in and say hi.

Hi.

ARTS!!!!!

Typical... you come and visit when I'm not here... :tears:

Btw....

065.jpg

YAY!!! Good to see at least one pic from your little meetup...

Yes, that happened to me. Three times. One is 12, one is nearly four and the other my husband and I celebrate in May.

Is there something you want to tell us Arts?

:naughty:

Interesting way to put that CD...

It is interesting to comment on. But it's very difficult to write an essay that my teacher likes. He's a very harsh marker. He is very old (he taught my Dad in when he was in year 12 and my Dad is 46!) and pretty much a genius. I feel very privileged to have him as my teacher but he's hard to impress. naughty:

And I just don't like this essay.

I worked with a teacher that taught my dad (he's 49)...

Its too early to be awake again... for me at least.

Think I'm going to have to choose between my planned events for the weekend, too tired to pull off both

I has no events for the weekend... except sitting around resting...

Okies, so obviously I'm home... I got out this morning...

I ended up getting into theatre around 11:30am on Wednesday, then I remember waking up in recovery around 1:30ish.. there was a disco ball with cutouts of the penguins from Happy Feet (and I remember thinking, ooooh look, Rose!)

Oooooooooooh!!!! That hurt!!! FRICK!!! :crybaby:

Anyways, they took me down to the Maternity ward, and I stayed there for the two days.. on Wednesday I stayed in bed, mostly cause i was too doped up to get out, and I had a lot of tubes hanging out... Yesterday I got the tubes out, and managed to get out of bed.

I got some really nice flowers and a baloon and lamb from Zoe and Britty, and some flowers and choccies from some friends... and mum brought me some magazines to read and do the puzzles...

They managed to save the right ovary, so I'm still pretty much intact...

I think I might get off and have a rest...

*rubs sore tummy* Ouch... :tears:

I ended up getting into theatre around 11:30am on Wednesday, then I remember waking up in recovery around 1:30ish.. there was a disco ball with cutouts of the penguins from Happy Feet (and I remember thinking, ooooh look, Rose!)

Anyways, they took me down to the Maternity ward, and I stayed there for the two days.. on Wednesday I stayed in bed, mostly cause i was too doped up to get out, and I had a lot of tubes hanging out... Yesterday I got the tubes out, and managed to get out of bed.

I got some really nice flowers and a baloon and lamb from Zoe and Britty, and some flowers and choccies from some friends... and mum brought me some magazines to read and do the puzzles...

Teegs! Good to have you back. That's good news. Now rest up. :huglove:

So any of you Aussies following Mika on twitter? You see what he posted?

One week left till the recording of my album's finished that is!

I'm refusing to believe it...out of habit. It's become ingrained in being a Mika fan. :rolls_eyes:

Yay for part 20!

How are we all?

I've just returned from musical rehearsal. We're singing in three different parts. I'm in the middle part, but I keep feeling inclined to join in with the high part. I'd ask if I could join the other part, but there's not enough of us in the middle part as it is...lol

Cool! What's the musical about?

I'd say keep going with the middle part--it'll get easier and it'll be good if you ever want to join a choir or something :wink2:

Is this what you mean ??

Part 19:

silver 519

happikali 516

Oakie Doke 453

soangel 393

Kelzy 384

nico_collard 340

sweet-dreams 223

Tanya K 191

Wendi 157

chickadee 123

SuperTwat 93

englishrose 85

Mika4Life13 81

im_stuck_in_the_middle 81

bonzaboy 46

sienna 43

Suzy 40

racinghorse83 36

xlindee 28

guylainem123 26

Rainbow Sky 25

Olivia237 25

S&M 22

Blue Sky 20

Lolliepop_girl 16

Petra 16

deconstruction 15

Sweet Knees 11

FREDDIESDOUBLE 10

charlottechristy 9

Fmbm 8

senyorita12003 7

FAB5 ft SM&K 7

RosinaKiwi 6

Lyndal 6

artsyfartsy17 5

walzing matilda 4

robertina 3

elanorelle 3

RAK1 2

lollipop_monkey 2

mika-fan1001 2

zoidy 2

mikas_gal07 1

Jolene 1

Wooden_sox 1

tomomi 1

themetalmunchkin 1

greta 1

leonita 1

dilek 1

Ju-Ju Lea 1

---------------------------------------

Ohhh, I nearly made the top 10...

OH MY GOD btw (yeah, I know I said I wasn't coming on, but this is an urgently important thing I need to share), I think I got the Larkhill horsie job.

I must be the least experienced/qualified and least reliable person possible. They must be insane.

And I don't even KNOW. Because, um. They rung me at 8 oclock this morning. And I went to bed at 6 oclock... And my body wakes up a good 15 minutes before my brain. So I had a conversation with the vet without being conscious for any of it. Then I lay there in bed and fifteen minutes later I thought "Who the hell was that and what were they talking about?" :blink: "Larkhill, Larkhill, what the **** is Larkhill? I'm sure they said the word Larkhill. ... OMFG! THAT IS THE HORSE VET! Huh??"

And honestly all I can remember was Larkhill, can you come in on Saturday, 7 and did I just wake you?. And all I know that I said was yes yes yes and "no, I've been up for a while or something" (?? or something equally retarded that makes no sense whatsoever)

I don't even know if she said 7 or 7.30, 7pm or 7am, if it is some kind of trial or if I got the job, or ANYTHING coherent.

I think I have to ring then back and explain so they will re-explain

(... that I have a mentally disabled sister who answered the phone and pretended to be me)

Wow! Congrats OKD!

Just call them and say that you'd like to confirm the times they gave you. What they don't know won't hurt. :naughty:

Me neither. I've commandeered Dishpig's comp, but now he's got company and they want to use the screen to play Xbox, and I'm outnumbered so I've got to run, but just thought I'd drop in and say hi.

Hi.

Artsyyyyyyyy!! :huglove: Where have you BEEN?

Btw....

065.jpg

That's a great photo!

Do you ever have such a drastic change in your life that months later, you look back and think, "How the hell did that happen?!"

Yep.

What happened?

Who's seen 'Bonnie and Clyde'?

I'm trying to write an essay about it at the moment because we've been studying it in English. I really shouldn't have left it until the night before.

How is everyone?

Ahh, but it's the only way...

Oooooooooooh!!!! That hurt!!! FRICK!!! :

*rubs sore tummy* Ouch... :tear

OMG!! :juglove: I'm glad you've still got everything you went in with, minus the cyst of course...I hope you're getting all the rest/painkillers you need...:huh:

Thanks!

No interwebs... I had my phone last night and got on facebook a bit...

Good idea.. I've saved that one...

I want a cheesy omlette wrap now... but I'm not allowed to drive anywhere for about 4 weeks...

Looks like the way I'm going, I'll lose some weight...

ARTS!!!!!

Typical... you come and visit when I'm not here... :tears:

:naughty:

Interesting way to put that CD...

I worked with a teacher that taught my dad (he's 49)...

Hey! Glad to hear you've come out of it OK. Apart from being a bit sore which I'm sure you anticipated. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Teegs! Good to have you back. That's good news. Now rest up. :huglove:

OMG!! :juglove: I'm glad you've still got everything you went in with, minus the cyst of course...I hope you're getting all the rest/painkillers you need...:huh:

Hey! Glad to hear you've come out of it OK. Apart from being a bit sore which I'm sure you anticipated. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Thanks guys... I took some stronger painkillers at about 12:30 ish and they haven't exactly kicked in... I was at least hoping they'd make me drowsay but no luck so far..

I just need to not lean sideways, cause that's when I get reallyy sharp pain...

And now I feel a bit gross... :huh:

Yes, that happened to me. Three times. One is 12, one is nearly four and the other my husband and I celebrate in May.

Is there something you want to tell us Arts?:fisch:

:lmfao:

Not quite that extreme, but there is a marked difference. Dishpig and I took the term "whirlwind romance" to such a degree that it is only now, over 4 months later, that my individual life is beginning to resume its normal pattern. (with him in it, of course.) I can't explain it without sounding horribly sentimental or idiotically naive, but the truth is that I think I've found someone to spend, if not the remainder of my life with, then at least a good solid chunk of it.:biggrin2:

Bianca's even taller than Arts? Oh dear. :naughty:

To be fair, I'm kinda slouching in that picture.:sneaky2:

.....but not much.:naughty:

That's the only one, actually....:blush-anim-cl:

Not quite that extreme, but there is a marked difference. Dishpig and I took the term "whirlwind romance" to such a degree that it is only now, over 4 months later, that my individual life is beginning to resume its normal pattern. (with him in it, of course.) I can't explain it without sounding horribly sentimental or idiotically naive, but the truth is that I think I've found someone to spend, if not the remainder of my life with, then at least a good solid chunk of it.:biggrin2:

Yay! That sounds amazing! :biggrin2:

And I'm very happy that your operation went well Tegan! :wub2: