’Mika recommends’- music he likes

suzie

:naughty: Your welcome.

It's because you know WHAT he said in WHICH Interview.

A very special talent. :thumb_yello:

Let's check you again.

It was something like this,can't remember. Do you ?? :das:

I dunno from which interview that was, I mean, my French is not that good, so I never really remember where the interviews in foreign languages come from (except for the English ones ofcourse, and the really funny and good ones, like the Vanity Fair one.)

He was inspired to write songs through a song of Nirvana's, called "Heart-Shaped Box".

true... I am not sure of the extent he likes Nirvana now, but I added the band, anyway. :cool:

Edited by suzie

As there are several threads on what other artists you like, I thought it might be a good idea to collect Mika’s favourite music / musicians on one thread in case you want to check out any names unknown to you.

(It would be similar to the A-list MFC thread, so additional names are welcome, these are only names that first came to my mind)

Rules: only 'documented mentions’ count

I., Influences: The Beatles, Queen, Michael Jackson, Prince, Harry Nilsson, Kurt Weill, Bob Dylan, Elton John, David Bowie, Serge Gainsbourg, Joan Baez, Beck, Giocomo Rossini (:biggrin2:)

II., Other musicans he likes: Fairuz, France Gall, Jane Birkin, Amy Whinehouse, Rufus Wainwright, Annie Lennox, Calvin Harris, Adele, the Scissor Sisters, Paolo Conte, Tino Rossi, Asha Bhosle, INXS, The Stone Roses, Lily Allen, Duffy, Beth Ditto, the Pet Shop Boys, Littleboots, Bodies Without Organs, Yelle, Tiny Dancers, Ting Tings, Tegan and Sara, Lady GaGa, Imogen Heap, The National, Arcade Fire, Nellie Mckay, Feist, David Usher, Moloko, The Mama's and the Papa's, Madeleine Peyroux, Gwen Stefani, Fleet Foxes, Of Montreal, Tiga, Nirvana, Beirut

III., Songs he has ever picked as favourites (from musicians not mentioned above)

Dolly Parton 9 to 5

Yael Naim: New Soul

Blur: Country House

Nelli Furtado: Maneater

Yazzoo: Only You

Fleetwood Mac: Everywhere

MGMT: Kids

Kate Nash: Pumpkin soup

Edith Piaf: Milord

Grace Jones: Pull Up To The Bumper

Gwen Guthrie: Ain't nothing Going On But the Rent

Feist:My Moon My Man

Kid Creole and the Coconuts: Annie I'm not your daddy

Lonely Drifter Karen: True Desire

IV., Originals of songs he has already covered:

Harry Nilsson: Everybody’s Talking

Nina Simone: Ain’t Got No / I Got Life

Gossip: Standing in the way of Control

Police: Can’t Stand Losing You

Massive Attack: Teardrop

Joe Dassin: Les Champs Elysées

Dave Matthews Band: Satellite

Depeche Mode: Just Can’t Get Enough

Candy Station: You Got the Love

Eurythmics: Sweet Dreams

The Jackson 5: I Want You Back

Shakira: Hips Don’t Lie

Marc Cohen: Walking In Memphis

Eurythmics: Missionary Man

The Strangeloves : I Want Candy

"partly covered":

The View: Same Jeans

Cornershop: Brimful of Asha

Los del Rio: Macarena

Groove Armada Get Down

did he?? i didn't know that. i also thought he covered a full version of same jeans. because i have heard it.

did he?? i didn't know that. i also thought he covered a full version of same jeans. because i have heard it.

I think FD said it and I tend to belive him... it must be somewhere earlier on this thread.

Re. Same Jeans: yes, full version but he put bits of other songs into it.. Anyway, I will correct it for everyone to understand that I meant 1 song made up of a combination of 3songs:wink2:

I think FD said it and I tend to belive him... it must be somewhere earlier on this thread.

Re. Same Jeans: yes, full version but he put bits of other songs into it.. Anyway, I will correct it for everyone to understand that I meant 1 song made up of a combination of 3songs:wink2:

oh, ok thanks :blush-anim-cl:

• 1 month later...
This is a fab thread Suzie!! :biggrin2:I can never keep up with people's suggestions.. this is a good reference point :thumb_yello:

Yes it is, and now with Spotify you can easily search for songs without using You Tube!:thumb_yello:

I was just reading through the first post again and I couldn't believe my eyes when I read "Bonde do Rolo- Solta o Frango".:naughty:

I know he has a weird music taste, but I know this song, it's been played a lot around here in the past couple years and I hate it so much:aah: It can't even be called music:teehee:

He twittered that he liked the song 'True desire' by Lonely Drifter Karen

Yes, it was there but that list looked like a mess, so I put all the artists' names in alphabetical order so that they can easily be found....

+I added Mozart, of course as one of his main influences:biggrin2:

Boyz Noize Rock!- apparantly (in a twitter from Spain)

You could add a section for people he's seen- BN, take that, kanye, little boots...

twitter from Spain? not sure if that is a reliable source of info:blink:

..and neither should we draw conclusions from him visiting a TT concert, He is likely to have gone there because of the stage design and/ or Lady Gaga - we could kind of figure it out pretty soon.

I think it is enough if we include only music that he SAYS he likes...

The idea is that if he names an artist as favourite, the artis goes to Part II. If he mentions 1 particular song from any other artists, that goes to PArt III. Major influences (PartI) have been known for ages...

I think I missed Jacques Brel first time so I will add him

..and neither should we draw conclusions from him visiting a TT concert, He is likely to have gone there because of the stage design and/ or Lady Gaga - we could kind of figure it out pretty soon.

I deffo think that he went to the Take That concert because of the stage design. Really nothing to do with the guys and their music...Mika is not the kind of person to listen to TT's music...really. His tastes are more complex! (I don't really like most of them to be honest) But he definetely doesn't like their music as much as he loves others.

have you put that "Little Bird" by Annie Lennox Imogen was talking about? :teehee:

A bientot,

Bianca

xx

have you put that "Little Bird" by Annie Lennox Imogen was talking about? :teehee:

No, because Annie Lennox is mentioned in Part II as an artist he likes in general

Part III is titled: "Songs he has ever picked as favourites from artists not mentioned above"....:wink2:

No, because Annie Lennox is mentioned in Part II as an artist he likes in general

Part III is titled: "Songs he has ever picked as favourites from artists not mentioned above"....:wink2:

Oh, Ok! :teehee:

Didn’t he mention in an early interview that he liked the Swedish group BWO and that he was friends with Alexander Bard?

If it’s not something I’ve dreamed :wink2: I guess it was in a Swedish newspaper interview!

The latest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYRmJa19-_4

We could be heroes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjdqnmz77Tk

Let it rain: ( one of my favs):blush-anim-cl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oSMf6SaA14&feature=channel

Barcelona:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODXP3BJhhGM&feature=channel

Mika likes Elvis. Wooden Heart was most definitely played as preshow music at Sadler's Wells. :glasses3: That's not one of my personal favorites by Elvis, but it's something. :biggrin2::clap:

Yes I remember that too!:thumb_yello:

Mika likes Elvis. Wooden Heart was most definitely played as preshow music at Sadler's Wells. :glasses3: That's not one of my personal favorites by Elvis, but it's something. :biggrin2::clap:

Oh yeah!:biggrin2:

I didn't really recognize the song before the gig, but I knew it was Elvis. Great!

Didn’t he mention in an early interview that he liked the Swedish group BWO and that he was friends with Alexander Bard?

If it’s not something I’ve dreamed :wink2: I guess it was in a Swedish newspaper interview!

:roftl: OMG!!!

BOW was on the list - read first couple of replies. :wink2:

Sara even made fun of me because I admitted not listing them deliberately until they were mentioned (as I am not a particularly big fan of them...:naughty:)

...and now I made this alphabetical list and accidentally deleted them this morning, I think...:teehee: ... or maybe it wasn't an accident :glasses3:

....sorry....:puppy_eyes:

I have added them back:biggrin2:

I love how you all read carefully and immediately spot anyone missing. :clap:

Mika likes Elvis. Wooden Heart was most definitely played as preshow music at Sadler's Wells.

will add that song to the list...

Edited by suzie

I need to study this thread in detail. I think a lot of the time Mika has fantastic taste in music. :wub2:

I remember an early article where Mika mentioned liking the song Love Like Semtex by Infadels. I Googled it after reading that, and loved it. :blush-anim-cl:

From this article:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=247698#post247698

:roftl: OMG!!!

BOW was on the list - read first couple of replies. :wink2:

Sara even made fun of me because I admitted not listing them deliberately until they were mentioned (as I am not a particularly big fan of them...:naughty:)

...and now I made this alphabetical list and accidentally deleted them this morning, I think...:teehee: ... or maybe it wasn't an accident :glasses3:

....sorry....:puppy_eyes:

I have added them back:biggrin2:

I love how you all read carefully and immediately spot anyone missing. :clap:

Haha, that was funny!:roftl:

It’s not that I’m their biggest fan or something :teehee: but they are well known in Sweden!

In a small country we don’t have such a big choice of decent artists but this group has made themselves well known even abroad!

*nottoforgetabbathough*:blush-anim-cl: