’Mika recommends’- music he likes

suzie

Not sure if anyone has already mentionned any of these, did have a quick look at all the posts but couldn't see them but may have just missed them, so sorry if I'm duplicating! How about:

The Clash (used as background music on a vlog, and on that basis am assuming he likes at least some of their music! - 'Train In Vain' is the song)

Blondie (used as background music in vlog, as above - 'Sunday Girl' I think it's called)

Bronski Beat (mentionned in Tweet)

Hockey (mentionned in Tweet, having see them on 'Later with Jools Holland')

Grace Jones (mentionned in Blog)

Bat For Lashes (mentionned on Tweet also having seen her on 'Later...' but maybe was more interested in her stage set than her songs?)

Frankie Goes To Hollywood (mentionned I think in the OMM interview, but can't recall if it was the interviewer making a comparison with them to Mika or Mika himself citing them as an influence)

Roxy Music (as above mentionned in OMM but more tenuous as he just mentionned them, didn't make it clear that he definitely likes any of their music, but implied that he didn't mind being compared with them)

And there was another one which I now can't remember, aaarrggghhh! If I remember it I'll post it later!

Thanks for these..:wink2:...

As there are so many artists he simply just mentions in interviews, I thought I'd create a rule based on which I add a musician or a song to the list.

Major influences: ever mentioned by him as major influences

Artists he likes: he has to say he likes the music of the artist.

Therefore, there are mentions that do not count, like friends only (Katy Perry), artists whose shows he visits to check out the stage design (Take That), artists who chat to him on planes but he might not be a fan of...etc.

Songs I list are songs from artists other than the ones already mentioned (so When Doves Cry does not count as Prince is already on the list) and these are usually songs he has ever chosen in a playlist as his favourite or were played before his gigs...

Music used in his vlogs might not necessarily come from favourite artists. e.g. if he one day plays Barbie Girl from Aqua as background music to a vlog, I won't add it except it he says it in an interview that he likes the song / the band...

:wink2:

So, I'll take a look at your list and add the relevant ones - he needs to have said he liked them :wink2:

Thanks for these..:wink2:...

As there are so many artists he simply just mentions in interviews, I thought I'd create a rule based on which I add a musician or a song to the list.

Major influences: ever mentioned by him as major influences

Artists he likes: he has to say he likes the music of the artist.

Therefore, there are mentions that do not count, like friends only (Katy Perry), artists whose shows he visits to check out the stage design (Take That), artists who chat to him on planes but he might not be a fan of...etc.

Songs I list are songs from artists other than the ones already mentioned (so When Doves Cry does not count as Prince is already on the list) and these are usually songs he has ever chosen in a playlist as his favourite or were played before his gigs...

Music used in his vlogs might not necessarily come from favourite artists. e.g. if he one day plays Barbie Girl from Aqua as background music to a vlog, I won't add it except it he says it in an interview that he likes the song / the band...

:wink2:

So, I'll take a look at your list and add the relevant ones - he needs to have said he liked them :wink2:

Ah, yes, I wondered if any of them were a bit tenuous (some more than others!) - also it occurred to me after I posted that the music used on the vlogs may not necessarily have been chosen by him but by whoever edited them etc. so not necessarily music he really likes personally.

Of the ones I listed, I think he said that Hockey were "interesting" or something like that and wanted to check them out some more (words to that effect!) But I understand that that may still not get them on the list! (I'm pushing Hockey 'cos I really like them - can you tell?! :roftl: and was so pleased when Mika mentionned them!)

• 4 weeks later...

He's twittered about things he listened to and danced to which I guess he liked on August 5th. I'm glad it included Madeleine Peyroux.

Bronski Beat, Kid Creole, and Mirwais remix of We Are Golden :)

Edited by Ruth

He's twittered about things he listened to and danced to which I guess he liked on August 5th. I'm glad it included Madeleine Peyroux.

Bronski Beat, Kid Creole, and Mirwais remix of We Are Golden :)

:doh:

Yes, I should have added Bronksi Beat a long time ago, thanks... :thumb_yello:

The rest are already on the list:wink2:

• 2 weeks later...

He likes these songs:

Konnichiwa Bitches - Robyn

Quicksand - La Roux

Darling Nicki - Prince

Show me love - Adele

Rebel prince - Rufus Wainwright

The girls say - Groove armada

ABC - Michael Jackson

My heart belongs to daddy - Eartha Kitt

and I'm pretty sure I heard him say he likes the song 'Sunday Morning' by Maroon 5. (and he also sang a couple of lines of it on that Australian tv show interview in 2007)

Don't you think we should have a section on the first post for Albums that he likes?

Yes - Pet Shop Boys

Poses - Rufus Wainwright

Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes

Edited by alice.loves.mika

He likes these songs:

Quicksand - La Roux

Darling Nicki - Prince

Show me love - Adele

ABC - Michael Jackson

and I'm pretty sure I heard him say he likes the song 'Sunday Morning' by Maroon 5. (and he also sang a couple of lines of it on that Australian tv show interview in 2007)

Don't you think we should have a section on the first post for Albums that he likes?

Yes - Pet Shop Boys

Poses - Rufus Wainwright

Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes

When did he talk about "Rebel Prince"? I mean I know he's a huge Rufus fan and i've heard him mention Poses but when did he mention that specifically?? :mf_lustslow: Ahhh I love Mika and Rufus.

Thank you so much for remembering this thread:thumb_yello:

He likes these songs:

Quicksand - La Roux

Darling Nicki - Prince

Show me love - Adele

ABC - Michael Jackson

on the list already as artists he likes :wink2:

added:thumb_yello:

Yes - Pet Shop Boys

Poses - Rufus Wainwright

Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes[/color]

As that would mean thousands on new lines, I decided to include artists on either as influences / favourites or list 1 particular song if he only mentions he likes 1 particuar song and not necessarily most of the portfolio of the artist.

Only exception is if he sings a cover version. as that is added Xtra .

I think this list will keep growing and growing ... I have just realised Pink Floyd and the Who were not on the list, either, so I added them:wink2:

Thank you so much for remembering this thread:thumb_yello:

on the list already as artists he likes :wink2:

added:thumb_yello:

As that would mean thousands on new lines, I decided to include artists on either as influences / favourites or list 1 particular song if he only mentions he likes 1 particuar song and not necessarily most of the portfolio of the artist.

Only exception is if he sings a cover version. as that is added Xtra .

I think this list will keep growing and growing ... I have just realised Pink Floyd and the Who were not on the list, either, so I added them:wink2:

Oh Okay :wink2: thanks

Surely Muse and Matt Bellamy should be on the list?? He has said several times he is a fan of Muse, and that he greatly admires Matt.

And the new song makes him want to take his clothes off :das:

:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

You're right!

I added Muse on the artist list, which means he likes their music in general, not only one song -as that is the case I believe...

just remembered I should update the A-list MFC list as well... I need to add Wossy:teehee:

just remembered I should update the A-list MFC list as well... I need to add Wossy:teehee:

I'm too rushed (lazy) to check, but what about Patrick Wolf now they're best mates? I'm guessing he isn't on.

I'm too rushed (lazy) to check, but what about Patrick Wolf now they're best mates? I'm guessing he isn't on.

Patrick was on this thread with a song but I think he should be among artists Mika likes most songs of, so I made these changes...

As for the A-list MFC list, I don't think Patrick is on that thread yet...

Not sure if boozing togeher counts, I only tend to add artists who say they like Mika's music, and he has yet to admit it , I guess:teehee:

(or if PAtrick ever says he likes Mika's jackets, there is also a separate section for that :naughty:)

Just found that Mika was interviewed by L'Express about his tastes in music, and particularly what he liked to listen in the morning.

here are his answers : :biggrin2:

- Nina Simone / Mississippi Goddam

- Eartha Kitt / everything besides what she's been doing before her disco period.

- The Who / Tommy

- Owen Pallett / Final fantasy

- The Jungle Book's original soundtrack

- Marlene Dietrich sings Kurt Weil

Just found that Mika was interviewed by L'Express about his tastes in music, and particularly what he liked to listen in the morning.

- Eartha Kitt / everything besides what she's been doing before her disco period.

- The Who / Tommy

Thank you!

I addded them all in the right places, The Who was already tehre as a major influence

- The Who / Tommy

Ahhhh I am obsessed with Tommy. Good choice, Mika. Good choice. :thumb_yello:

- The Who / Tommy

I loooooove Final Fantasy :wub2:

And I never would've thought he liked The Cribs :biggrin2:

• 1 month later...