REPORTS/PICS/VIDS for MIKA LA Surprise Show 04-15-09

Blue Sky

YUP, I have been on this topic all day.

Any vid of new songs is gone, Charlotte's, Chrstine's, nonos....people we don't know....all gone.

Maybe Mika wants to keep them off for now? maybe Universal wants them off for now? Anyway it is Universal making the claims.

And not a lot anyone can do about it. If you want to complain to YT, you have to provide addresses where they can serve you legal documents!! FFS that is enough to put anyone off fighting them!!!:shocked:

Oh! Well, they're already in MP3...

I woke up today with the Of Montreal and Pet Shop Boys songs he played before the gig in my head. When I was sitting on the stage anticipatinig. :naughty:

Gosh! Why can't it be April 15th again? :no:

This sucks. I hate pdg. Hopefully it's better than yesterday though. I shocked myself yesterday. :shocked:

:blush-anim-cl:

Woke up feeling nauseous AGAIN! :hair :

It's probably 'cause I have a lot of stomach acid that needs to be absorbed in food, but I'm scared I'l vomit if I eat :puke :

:tears: Nono ... are you at least sipping electrolytes in water ?? If you don't know of them, they are smth. you get at the chemist over the counter , sometimes called 'Gastrolyte' ... & they supply your body with the basics to function if you can't eat food ... :wub2:

Anyone know why the vids have gone?

Exactly which one's Sosi ??

EDIT: Blue Sky already answered ...

Edited by happikali

To be honest, I was surprised that people were able to post them in the first place. I actually expected that video cameras would have been banned from the concert. It's to do with copyright. Mika probably doesn't want his songs out there unil he releases them. That's only my opinion though. I'm not a lawyer. But I think Mika wants only the good quality recorded versions of his songs to be heard.

But at least we've got to hear them, and they are wonderful, but will be more wonderful when we can really hear them clearly. Thanks to those who filmed at the gig though, you all gave us a taste of what's to come, and we know for sure that the album is going to be HUGE and PHENOMINAL!

Universal Studios is combing through YouTube and claiming copyright violation for any of the "new song" videos. People need to rename and/or re-post with different names, like just "Mika 04/15/09" or even something less descript like "Video #1, 04/15/09", and just post the links here.

I fully respect Universal's right to do that though... it is a copyright violation after all and the songs are not officially released yet - they have to protect themselves, as disappointing as it is for us. If they didn't have these rules there would be no major music studios to back artists like Mika in the first place. People think that they make zillions of dollars and are being selfish, but the truth is that the industry is hurting and doesn't know how to deal with downloading and they way things have changed in the last 10 years.

Still, on a personal level I'm sad that the videos being taken down... I want memories of the night and didn't take my own videos because I wanted to just stare at him and soak it all up without getting distracted by a camera! I was counting on those YouTube vids. Maybe someone has a suggestion for a different site that won't be as likely to remove them?

Mika himself seemed to be ok with it... we were allowed to bring in cameras as long as they weren't professional cameras, and he could plainly see that more than half of the audience was filming the whole show, and he hammed it up for the cameras in the front row - singing right into them. He knows exactly where those vids end up so I don't think he'd have done that if he had a huge problem with it. It's the demos and songs that he has no intention of releasing that he doesn't want posted... he wants to be sure his songs are 'ready' to be heard. He's ready for people to hear these ones or he would not have done the concert.

Tricky situation.

Edited by zoots14

I woke up today with the Of Montreal and Pet Shop Boys songs he played before the gig in my head. When I was sitting on the stage anticipatinig. :naughty:

Oh right what songs did he play before his gig ?

Good grief- I guess you know it's Universal becuase you were one of the people who uploaded them?

Sorry, I may be wrong, but it seems like you have a bit of a tone in your "voice" with me....No, I didn't upload them, but I have been trying to be a bit of help to Christine, and she uploaded them so she got the email saying who was claiming. Hers were linked to on Perez's site, so I thought that tipped them off. And hers were the only ones taken down until a couple of hours ago.

I spent the last 48 hours doing massive searches for MFC to enjoy other people's photos, blogs, vids etc. I guess I felt a vested interest in the problem.

Do it, do it, do it!:naughty:

I'll be right there to watch!:biggrin2:

No actually I don't think it's in Mika power to say no if the theater already had hired her. But who knows?Maybe he loved the stripper show!?

it can justify Him)).

This sucks. I hate pdg. Hopefully it's better than yesterday though. I shocked myself yesterday. :shocked:

:naughty: It took me ages to figure out what you meant by pdg !!

I'm thinking ... 'hhmm ... time of the month or smth. ?? ' :naughty:

Then I realised ... Post Gig Depression !! :doh: Awww ...:huglove:

Oh right what songs did he play before his gig ?

He played some remix of Mr. Brightside by the Killers, Gronlandic Edit by Of Montreal, All Over the World by The Pet Shop Boys, another one by the Pet Shop Boys but I can't remember which one...That's all I can remember. Someone else might be able to remeber more.

:naughty: It took me ages to figure out what you meant by pdg !!

I'm thinking ... 'hhmm ... time of the month or smth. ?? ' :naughty:

Then I realised ... Post Gig Depression !! :doh: Awww ...:huglove:

Yeah I meant pgd! Ugh! :doh:

Neve thought it would happen to me. So far, it looks like I'm going to be just like how I was yesterday. Yay. :naughty:

Sorry, I may be wrong, but it seems like you have a bit of a tone in your "voice" with me....

Hiya Blue! :)

Not really my business to interfere, but just wanted to say I didn't sense a negative tone... my perception was that she was just saying "good grief" to the situation, not to you. I might be wrong... just my 2 cents...

He played some remix of Mr. Brightside by the Killers, Gronlandic Edit by Of Montreal, All Over the World by The Pet Shop Boys, another one by the Pet Shop Boys but I can't remember which one...That's all I can remember. Someone else might be able to remeber more.

Gronlandic Edit :wub2: I'm still addicted to that song!

I spent the last 48 hours doing massive searches for MFC to enjoy other people's photos, blogs, vids etc. I guess I felt a vested interest in the problem.

You DID Blue Sky !! Huge gratitude to you ... an amazing job ! :huglove::thumb_yello:

Edited by happikali

Sorry, I may be wrong, but it seems like you have a bit of a tone in your "voice" with me....No, I didn't upload them, but I have been trying to be a bit of help to Christine, and she uploaded them so she got the email saying who was claiming. Hers were linked to on Perez's site, so I thought that tipped them off. And hers were the only ones taken down until a couple of hours ago.

You are wrong- I couldn't see anything saying it was Universal and simply wanted to know how to find out- it just seemed most likely that the people uploading them would be the ones told. I'm a bit offended- I don't do "tone"- but then I guess I should have remembered you weren't there becasue like you I've spent ages looking through these pages and following the posts on the night

I hope they don't become unmentionable

OK, we are all good then.:thumb_yello:

Hope we might get some future links from the smart people who downloaded the vids onto their own harddrives.... :wink2:

I did that- and converted 3 of them to Mp4- zamzar is working on the other 2- I was going to post them.

But I'm not sure that's OK now

The energy in the Roxy was super high... the give and take between Mika and his fans was awesome to experience.... unfortunately, the opening burlesque stripper act put a damper on it for me... and, I learned later, it was a bit of a downer for many, even if they are not talking about it publicly... She was classy, yes... but inappropriate for an all ages show. I stood behind two children in line that were no more than 12 years old. If I had been their parents I would have been quite upset. I know it made the lesbians happy... and the minority of male fans... But...with so many young female fans, it would be wise for the Mika organization to show some consideration to them in this regard... If they can't do that, then next time, how about some turnabout... some equality time... how about a male stripper for the female fans (and the gay guy fans), hmmm?

The burlesque show that opened the gig was actually meant to be a big treat for us I think, as it was Dita Von Teese (sp?) - who is actually quite famous and a good friend of Perez - and the other woman who was doing the performance on the bull is also quite famous apparently although I don't know her name. Perez probably pulled strings to get this as a special opening act for the occasion as a favour to Mika. They were not just random women and it wasn't meant as a sign of things to come or anything (although I kept joking that he was having a "Christina Agulera phase" :roftl:)

I agree that it felt a little odd and out of place for a Mika show though, and was not really appropriate for an all-ages show. Many of us were a bit taken aback but just took it for what it was - some people loved it though! I don't think we should shy away from Mika growing up so to speak... he's a 25 year old man and I'm certain he's not nearly as innocent as some people wish to believe - at least I hope not. It will be even weirder if he does a Michael Jackson thing and everyone still sees him as child-like when he's 45 years old.

I think they just pulled the whole entire gig together at the last minute and my guess (because of Perez's friendship with Dita Von Teese) is that this was Perez's contribution and meant as something really cool and unusual to mark the special event. It didn't quite hit the mark though, and I doubt we'll see it again.

Edited by zoots14

The burlesque show that opened the gig was actually meant to be a big treat for us I think, as it was Dita Von Teese (sp?) - who is actually quite famous and a good friend of Perez - and the other woman who was doing more of the 'performing' on the bull is also quite famous apparently although I don't know her name. Perez probably pulled strings to get this as a special opening act for the occasion as a favour to Mika. They were not just random women and it wasn't meant as a sign of things to come or anything (although I kept joking that he was having a "Christina Agulera phase" :roftl:)

I agree that it felt a little odd and out of place for a Mika show though, and was not really appropriate for an all-ages show. Many of us were a bit taken aback but just took it for what it was - some people loved it though! I don't think we should shy away from Mika growing up so to speak... he's a 25 year old man and I'm certain he's not nearly as innocent as some people wish to believe - at least I hope not. It will be even weirder if he does a Michael Jackson thing and everyone still sees him as child-like when he's 45 years old.

I think they just pulled the whole entire gig together at the last minute and my guess (because of Perez's friendship with Dita Von Teese) is that this was Perez's contribution and meant as something really cool and unusual to mark the special event. It didn't quite hit the mark though, and I doubt we'll see it again.

I would have liked to see a vid of that. This is the first mention of DvT being involved as well as the redhead. (that I've seen)

Edited by Soaring Simpson

Just to clarify... I do agree that I wouldn't be keen on having it at a Mika gig again - particularly with young kids there. There were some kids much younger than just 12.

I just think that pulling together a very last-minute gig is incredibly hard (even John didn't know about it until Thursday of last week!), and getting everything sorted the way that they did is hugely impressive. Team Mika really had to scramble to get everything arranged in time and it was very organized - even if they'd had more time it was still well put together.

I think they would normally take the younger audience into consideration. But having an opening act arranged for you by Perez would seem awfully helpful in that kind of intense situation. And it was, after all, at the Roxy on Sunset Blvd... that's Hollywood baby! :roftl:

I would have liked to see a vid of that. However, people jumped all over me when I supposed it must be DvT- said she wasn't a redhead and stuff. And I can't say the pics look like what I remember her looking like. Are you sure it was her?

I'm 100% positive it was Dita Von Teese... she wrote about it on her Twitter account, which I think I found through Perez's. BUT Dita was not the redhead that danced. There were actually two women on stage: Dita basically just stood there on the stage and watched the redhead go for it, so most of the vids & pics are of the woman that danced on the bull and took everything off (I'm at work so watching my language!) :naughty:. The redhead is also famous though... Dita refers to her in the tweet that she posted after the show.

PS - good call! I haven't read through this thread yet so I didn't know if anyone had talked about it. You got it right though!

Edited by zoots14

:blush-anim-cl:

Woke up feeling nauseous AGAIN! :hair:

It's probably 'cause I have a lot of stomach acid that needs to be absorbed in food, but I'm scared I'l vomit if I eat :puke:

If you fancy certain foods for breakfast as well... then you're pregnant! :yikes: