REPORTS/PICS/VIDS for MIKA LA Surprise Show 04-15-09

Blue Sky

one more...

:bleh:

Oooh! Sorry to bring this up again - I'm a little obsessed at the moment - but on this one I can even see my thumbs-up that I gave him before he high-fived me - at 3:52. Me happy. Very happy. I know... my reaction is totally out of proportion and he has touched hundreds of hands in his gigs. I don't care! :bleh:

Oooh! Sorry to bring this up again - I'm a little obsessed at the moment - but on this one I can even see my thumbs-up that I gave him before he high-fived me - at 3:52. Me happy. Very happy. I know... my reaction is totally out of proportion and he has touched hundreds of hands in his gigs. I don't care! :bleh:

aw lol that's cute! and i don't think ur reaction is out of proportion...after all it's Mika :naughty:

LOL yeah i thought u would like that! ;)

LOL its ME! shhhhh

Your vids are great :wub2: thanks for sharing them here, I barely looked at the others and they were gone.

Does anyone else have a guilty feeling hearing new stuff even though he played it in LA for the fans?

I wish I didn't feel like that, but until it's officially released I think I'll have that problem. :naughty:

Your vids are great :wub2: thanks for sharing them here, I barely looked at the others and they were gone.

Does anyone else have a guilty feeling hearing new stuff even though he played it in LA for the fans?

I wish I didn't feel like that, but until it's officially released I think I'll have that problem. :naughty:

Mika didnt say anything about not putting them up did he? if he asked i wouldnt have done it... :blink:

here is BLUE EYES

:wub2:

U know I've never really given that much thought I'm just enjoying them :naughty: I don't think there's anything to feel guilty about, after all we are just his fans and weren't priveileged to go to LA *shrugs* It's not like leaked demos or anything....:huglove:

Mika didnt say anything about not putting them up did he? if he asked i wouldnt have done it...

here is BLUE EYES

:wub2:

No he didn't, don't worry about it. I'm really really happy so many MFCers had great videos:wub2:

It's just me punishing myself for wanting to hear them so much really, I'm weird that way.:naughty:

U know I've never really given that much thought I'm just enjoying them :naughty: I don't think there's anything to feel guilty about, after all we are just his fans and weren't priveileged to go to LA *shrugs* It's not like leaked demos or anything....:huglove:

I know, I hate how I get like this, I don't even know why, I mean no one is saying not to watch or anything. I'm just thinking too much really. :doh:

All of yer reports are amazing, so detailed. :mf_lustslow:

Oh lollipop monkey, what a report!:mf_lustslow:

I wish I had more words in my vocabulary because report isn’t the right word!

I would like to call it a poetically piece of writing…thank you so much!:wub2:

Reading it was almost like standing next to you in the moment!:huglove:

Thank you, each one of you of the LA "goers", I appreciated every pic, every post, every report, every tweet and vid you made for us who stayed behind...You made my week! ;)

ROFL @ your signature!!! :roftl: :roftl:

MANA, please do hurry, I have work in the morning!

LOL!!

:roftl:

Haha, sorry!

I think my eyes need a break from the computer. :winksmiley02:

Anyone who lives in Europe - go to bed! My report will be waiting when you get home from work or school or whatever tomorrow. :naughty:

Toy Boy, as you all now know, was another great track. I’m not sure if this one is ever destined to be a single – I’m thinking it’s likely going to be too quirky for radio, but will definitely be a gig favourite. He introduced it by telling us that he’d set out to write some songs that were particularly for an acoustic setting. Then he goes, “it’s in…A?” There was a polished rawness that was so endearing. He did say he l, so I’m thinking it’s probably one of his personal favourites from the new album. He told us that we had to be quiet, ‘cause it’s all about the words, then said “sorry to be a dick.” So endearing. It felt like we were standing in his livingroom, hearing him perform something obviously near and dear to him. The whole vibe was just amazingly raw, casual, real… just, well, magic. He was so playful about it – his expressions when singing these lyrics were so fitting. Like when he sang “But your mama thought there was something wrong” he almost looked infuriated, forcefully spitting out the lyrics… but then when he got to “didn’t want you sleeping with a boy too long” he had a playful, naughty smile on his face, and sang the words through that smile.

On TV shows like American Idol, the judges are always criticizing contestants for not being real, authentic, believable – Mika was SO real and SO believable that I was just stunned. I don’t even know what to say, other than at the end I could barely even clap or cheer because I was just so damn shellshocked by that track. I had tears in my eyes, to tell you the truth. In fact, just thinking about that performance, I have tears in my eyes all over again.

*fangurl moment*

I don’t know how anyone could watch that performance and not be blown away. Mika just radiates such earnest, endearing, accessible talent - we’re not crazy for being diehard Mika fans. We’re just…blessed. That song is so beautifully crafted, so perfect, and his delivery so authentic. You can’t fake that. Maybe I’m being naïve, maybe every aspect of this is nothing more than commercial marketing, meticulously calculated to sell albums. And I suppose that’s possible – but I simply don’t believe it. I really feel that one just cannot calculate the “realness” of Mika, the sparkle in his eyes when his lyrics are sung back at him, the visible outpouring of himself that goes into these songs. I had this vision of Mika being a collector of, say, little glass globes. And each globe is a song, carefully created and then set out for display for the world to see. And at the Roxy that night, you could see him unveiling these new globes for the first time, excited to share his latest strokes of genius with the world, but at the same time slightly apprehensive. And Toy Boy, I think, is a particularly special little globe to him – one that he spent a lot of time creating, and one that now shines just a little brighter than some of the others.

This whole Mika world can be so surreal, and that’s part of the fun. But then he comes up with something like Toy Boy, and delivers a performance like that, and then fleetingly the crazy, escapist, surreal world becomes real for just a moment – and it just touched me on some inexplicable, deep level.

I loved every word of your incredible reports Mana, but I just HAD to quote this part because I feel it as if I had written it myself. It conveys my feelings towards Toy Boy perfectly :wub2:

Sivan: That video is fab; I love seeing them from a different angle

Zoots: Don't even apologise for being so happy, it's only natural

Everyone else: here is the link to download the individual (and group) pics. I put them all in one file cause I have too much file housekeeping to do and doing them one by one and knowing which one was what would have killed me :roftl:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=9fe1433bb92e1fd66e7203eb87368129e04e75f6e8ebb871

Am working on the meet and greet vid now. Then I will do the songs, although you've seen so many good vids already that you will probably not be interested in mine anymore :naughty:.

Haha, sorry!

Anyone who lives in Europe - go to bed! My report will be waiting when you get home from work or school or whatever tomorrow. :naughty:

Oh mannnn :tears: Guess I'll wake up a bit earlier to make time to read it tomorrow morning before I go to work :roftl:

But you deserve your rest :bow:

Goodnight everyone x x

Haha, sorry!

aww phooey...lol! Night darling x x x

I loved every word of your incredible reports Mana, but I just HAD to quote this part because I feel it as if I had written it myself. It conveys my feelings towards Toy Boy perfectly :wub2:

Everyone else: here is the link to download the individual (and group) pics. I put them all in one file cause I have too much file housekeeping to do and doing them one by one and knowing which one was what would have killed me :roftl:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=9fe1433bb92e1fd66e7203eb87368129e04e75f6e8ebb871

Am working on the meet and greet vid now. Then I will do the songs, although you've seen so many good vids already that you will probably not be interested in mine anymore :naughty:.

Yay, thanks Sara :huglove:

Woo! Thanks Sara!

Oh crap.. To go to bed.. Or to wait a while then go to bed *thinks hard* Guess the bed can wait a bit longer :fisch: