REPORTS/PICS/VIDS for MIKA LA Surprise Show 04-15-09

Blue Sky

I loved every word of your incredible reports Mana, but I just HAD to quote this part because I feel it as if I had written it myself. It conveys my feelings towards Toy Boy perfectly :wub2:

Sivan: That video is fab; I love seeing them from a different angle

Zoots: Don't even apologise for being so happy, it's only natural

Everyone else: here is the link to download the individual (and group) pics. I put them all in one file cause I have too much file housekeeping to do and doing them one by one and knowing which one was what would have killed me :roftl:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=9fe1433bb92e1fd66e7203eb87368129e04e75f6e8ebb871

Am working on the meet and greet vid now. Then I will do the songs, although you've seen so many good vids already that you will probably not be interested in mine anymore :naughty:.

these are lovely photos btw! Thanks for sharing! :wub2:

I loved every word of your incredible reports Mana, but I just HAD to quote this part because I feel it as if I had written it myself. It conveys my feelings towards Toy Boy perfectly :wub2:

Sivan: That video is fab; I love seeing them from a different angle

Zoots: Don't even apologise for being so happy, it's only natural

Everyone else: here is the link to download the individual (and group) pics. I put them all in one file cause I have too much file housekeeping to do and doing them one by one and knowing which one was what would have killed me :roftl:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=9fe1433bb92e1fd66e7203eb87368129e04e75f6e8ebb871

Am working on the meet and greet vid now. Then I will do the songs, although you've seen so many good vids already that you will probably not be interested in mine anymore :naughty:.

thanks sara! im downloading now :)

glad u liked the video...i have 4 up now... :)

glad we took the pix only with one cam...it was a good idea ;) faster!

WOW everyone looks so good in those pix!!! ROCKON!

Edited by Sivan

OK, can someone plase give me the link to the video of after the concert when they got to meet up with mika? i'm running short on time to go for a hunt for it and i want to saee it before i go out for the day :boxed:

sara's uploading it now I believe

I

Thanks Sara!:thumb_yello:

And no way Sara!:shocked:

You really have to do the songs too!

Whenever you're ready, Ma'am...:wink2:

OK, we are all good then.:thumb_yello:

Hope we might get some future links from the smart people who downloaded the vids onto their own harddrives.... :wink2:

I did, but others seem to have been very clever at quietly uploading to YT. Bless them.

U know I've never really given that much thought I'm just enjoying them :naughty: I don't think there's anything to feel guilty about, after all we are just his fans and weren't priveileged to go to LA *shrugs* It's not like leaked demos or anything....:huglove:

I was surprised that filming was allowed, as it was it's bound to go on the internet.

Thanks again to everyone who has shared with us. :wub2:

Part Three - The Gig

I don’t know how anyone could watch that performance and not be blown away. Mika just radiates such earnest, endearing, accessible talent - we’re not crazy for being diehard Mika fans. We’re just…blessed. That song is so beautifully crafted, so perfect, and his delivery so authentic. You can’t fake that. Maybe I’m being naïve, maybe every aspect of this is nothing more than commercial marketing, meticulously calculated to sell albums. And I suppose that’s possible – but I simply don’t believe it. I really feel that one just cannot calculate the “realness” of Mika, the sparkle in his eyes when his lyrics are sung back at him, the visible outpouring of himself that goes into these songs. I had this vision of Mika being a collector of, say, little glass globes. And each globe is a song, carefully created and then set out for display for the world to see. And at the Roxy that night, you could see him unveiling these new globes for the first time, excited to share his latest strokes of genius with the world, but at the same time slightly apprehensive. And Toy Boy, I think, is a particularly special little globe to him – one that he spent a lot of time creating, and one that now shines just a little brighter than some of the others.

:stretcher:OMG!!!!!!!!! Lollipop Monkey i almost passed out when reading 'the gig' i didnt realise til i had finished reading that i was holding my breath the entire post! You have such a beautiful way way with words, i almost felt as if i was there. I especially loved your analogy about Mikas songs being little 'globes' i actualy had tears in my eyes. Cant wait for more. Thankyou:flowers2:

OK, can someone plase give me the link to the video of after the concert when they got to meet up with mika? i'm running short on time to go for a hunt for it and i want to saee it before i go out for the day :boxed:

It's not up yet, I am putting it up right now so it will be a short while. I will post the link here :thumb_yello:

Sivan your videos are GREAT!! I hope they last the night on YT!! You did your best to make them unobtrusive eh.

Mana. Lollipop_Monkey. I was just reading along quite fine...then I hit those fangurly moments, and yet again, I was totally 100% moved to tears.

:tears:

I love how Mika has this effect on us.

I feel totally privileged to be a Mika fangurl. :wub2:

Mika on Twitter

@mikasounds: Mad rush finishing off mixes, new parts being written and recorded down to the wire. Titles being changed, lyrics being scrapped

about 1 minute ago..

]

Mika on Twitter

@mikasounds: Mad rush finishing off mixes, new parts being written and recorded down to the wire. Titles being changed, lyrics being scrapped

about 1 minute ago..

Plus

This always seems to happen right at the end of recording. Eating smoked mozzarella cheese and tortilla chips. Delicious

aww phooey...lol! Night darling x x x

:hair:AH HA!!!! Now you know how we all felt when waiting on your 'scripts' :roftl: If the rest of the report is as moving as before then it worth waiting for, Just like yours:wink2:

Sivan, thanks for your report and videos! Oh, and I think Doug is a keeper!:wink2:

Mana, what can I say, I knew your report would be incredible. Now hurry up!(No pressure:mf_rosetinted:)

Sara those pictures are great.Was he wearing the infamous jacket? And it looks as he's also wearing the shirt and t-shirt of the guitar player and bassist:blink::roftl:

Aww Sara, the pics are so cute :wub2:

Me and Mika are both wearing stripes! :naughty:

The first time I met him we were also both wearing orange hoodies.

I'm psychic. :cool:

Lol thats awesome :naughty:

you never replied to me on twitter.

I see how it is. :mf_rosetinted:

That picture with ST is the best thing ever!

Poor guy looks so frightened (Mika probably copped a feel right before this was taken, there is no other way to explain the look of sheer terror in ST's eyes!)

omg :roftl: :roftl: