REPORTS/PICS/VIDS for MIKA LA Surprise Show 04-15-09

Blue Sky

Ok guys, here the meeting vid.

It hasn't fully processed yet, so once it's all done it will come up with the HD option for the widescreen.

Bear in mind that it's a VERY dark vid, as there was hardly any light there, but hey, it is what it is :naughty:

Bwahaha omg so funny "and I WILL wear that!" :roftl: :roftl:

possibly one of the best meet and greet vids ever, regardless of the darkness.

He was so social! how magical :wub2:

Yay!! Ok good :wub2:

I'm good! Thank god its Friday!

Finally got access to my computer, obsessed with the new songs, happy after reading reviews and seeing pics :naughty::wub2:

What's your favorite of the new songs?

I know, I'm so glad it's Friday! :punk:

Oh yay! Is it fixed now?

I'm not sure I can choose one. I think I love them all equally, but the ones that are stuck in my head the most are "Toy Boy" and "Blue Eyes":wub2:

usually after a mika gig im bawling and want to desperately rewind, and i cant get over how good it was. but now, after this gig, im completely content with where I am. I dont feel like a crazy fan girl, I feel like a girl who is in love with an awesome guy. I don't want to marry him, I don't get jealous if I see him with a person now, i just love this guy so much. I feel much more calm and contained and relaxed, just like talking to a normal guy. thats what I loved about the meet and greet atmosphere most. It wasnt a crazy fans and person they absolutely are obsessed with meeting, I just felt like it was a meeting with people. Introducing ourselves, kind of realizing we're both on planet earth, and we're just sayin' hi and moving on. By far my best experience of my life. I will never forget it...

Please post! i think i'm connected to the internet, or else im going crazy!

Totally agreed!! I felt completely content after the day was over, because I know it can't possibly get more perfect than it was. If I ever get to see him again, that's wonderful... but if I don't... well, I've had my ideal Mika gig, and my ideal Mika chat, and the entire day before that & after that was perfect too.

I feel so fortunate for having been there, and a big part of that was also the people I shared it with, and ALL the people who worked so hard to make it what it was, both on Team Mika's end and on MFC's end. Thank you to those of you who worked on this to make it play out the way that it did.

And thank you to those of you who were there at the meet & greet for being so calm and respectful, and giving him his space. He seemed to enjoy it much more than other m&g's that I've seen in videos... we didn't crowd him or call out for his attention - we just all managed to contain our excitement and wait our turns... and he returned the favour by making sure he got around to each and every one of us, giving each one his full attention while he was with them.

Edited by zoots14

I know, I'm so glad it's Friday! :punk:

Oh yay! Is it fixed now?

I'm not sure I can choose one. I think I love them all equally, but the ones that are stuck in my head the most are "Toy Boy" and "Blue Eyes":wub2:

Yeah, its fixed! Its far away though... some long lost place. I'm using my sister's laptop now haha.

yeah! same with me!

My absolute favorite is Toy Boy :wub2: Amazing...

And then Good Gone Girl... and then Blue Eyes :punk:

I gotta go! I'm goin to a carnival. See ya! :huglove:

Ok guys, here the videos. As I post them they aren't fully processed yet, so once it's all done it will come up with the HD option for the widescreen.

-Meeting Mika:

Bear in mind that it's a VERY dark vid, as there was hardly any light there, but hey, it is what it is :naughty:

-Grace Kelly:

-Big Girl:

Will keep posting and updating

Yeah, its fixed! Its far away though... some long lost place. I'm using my sister's laptop now haha.

yeah! same with me!

Oh cool :naughty:

Alright, have fun! :bye::huglove:

When we finally went in to see him, after much drama which I will only lightly touch on now to say that I can't say how extremely disappointed I am at one particular person who IMO behaved in a very selfish way, which nearly meant that Nono would miss out on meeting him (being the first one there), but let's not go into that right now....

-------

Queuing was fun as usual, to a degree, but when the inevitable (it seems, and it also seems that it's aways mfc'ers doing it) queue jumping drama comes up, it kinda ruins things. I really really REALLY wish that people would examine their freaking consciences and try and do things a bit more fairly towards everyone else. Really, if you want to be there so badly, get up and come and queue.

We didn't stand there in the crappy cold since 10 am (Nono 9) so that a last minute smartie could turn up at 5 or 6 or whatever and jump straight into the front, ahead of other people who had been three since the morning.

IT'S SERIOUSLY NOT COOL. It's disrespectful and mean.

I really don't want to end this on a bad note, as it was an amazing day, but it did bother me a lot and I hope that whoever did that will maybe think about it and realise how unfair their actions were.

On this note, I must mention something that I was gonna say last night and ddn't get the chance, which was that I give total credit to Cynthia for stepping out when there were too many people there, and not playing the same game as the other person who just stood there and refused to do the right thing. Very disappointing; I was expecting more from this person :thumbdown:.

Just wanted to quote this, as I fully agree with every single word. This is the one and only post I'll make on this, and I'm not big on calling people out publicly so I won't name names, but I was just so astonished at the selfish behaviour.

Standard Toaster had the patience, tact and kindness of a saint with this one person, giving her the chance to step up, and giving her a second chance when she didn't, rather than chastising her. I was very impressed, because I wasn't able to be quite as patient and diplomatic. From what I hear, it's pretty typical at Mika gigs in the past and we were lucky that there weren't more people behaving like that... I hope that we can keep moving away from this kind of thing in future gigs and have a little more consideration and respect for each other (and self-respect too).

It was so sad to see Nono almost missing out on the meet & greet because of this person, after being the very first dedicated fan in line from 9am, and almost sick to her stomach with excitement and anticipation.

It was also frustrating to see this person show up at the last minute before the doors opened and then cut in line less than 10 people from the front - cutting in before the girls who flew in from Mexico and had been there since about 10:30, as well as the many people behind them. And then, trying to nudge her way even closer after that. Disrespectful, unkind, and totally transparent.

Surprising too... I wouldn't have expected it from this person. It was "look out for number one" behaviour, and it stuck out like a sore thumb because she was basically the only one doing it (at least to that degree), even though she thought she was being subtle. Thing is, she seems like a totally nice, normal person on MFC, and I'm sure (I hope) she's not like that in other situations. I understand that some people lose their heads when they want something so badly... but I hope people can start to control themselves a little bit.

As Sara said, if you want it badly enough, show up early and earn it rather than taking advantage of other people. Or just accept the spot you get. There may be a day that being MFC means you can show up when you like and still be in the front, but that's just not how it works right now -otherwise the rest of us would not have frozen our butts off for 10 hours.

People who do this may think that no one notices and that they're being subtle, but trust me, everyone saw right though her. I'm sorry if she didn't like that I talked to her about it... but I was just the one who said it out loud. Everyone else was thinking it and saying it to each other. I just want people to know that things like this don't go unnoticed... everyone noticed what she was doing. Maybe she didn't care and didn't mind losing the respect of those who know who she is, or maybe she felt it would be worth it... but if that's the case, why bother being part of a community like MFC? Why act like that when everyone knows your name and picture, and then come back here to chat with the very people you did that to?

As Standard Toaster (Andrew) said, we are representing the MFC too... we now know that they are taking us seriously and paying attention to what we do - Allison (Jerry's assistant?) was completely aware of exactly which MFC'ers were there, where exactly we were, what we were doing, etc... they were determined to show us a good time. So let's show them that we can be respectful and hopefully we can keep the perks flowing.

That's all I'm going to say about that. Everything else about the day was wonderful.... this was one little blip.

EDIT: Please see follow-up post: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2240832&postcount=1087

Edited by zoots14

yeah! same with me!

I know !

And in spite of what he said before -about LICM being a coming of age thing, the kind of album you only write once- it seems that he hasn't done with settling a few accounts yet... but then he is the guy who doesn't want to grow up, so it makes sense :wink2: .

Cheers,

Id3

OK, so now you’re all going to declare me the sook of the year. But I downloaded the MFC pictures with mika in LA, and I was looking through them, my eyes going all teary. And then when it got to the one with nono, for some reason I burst into tears. :blink: it was all so NICE. It was so awfully wonderful it made me cry my eyes out. I’ve been crying so much with all the new music and new mika. Maybe I have serious issues. Or maybe its made me so happy that its not even funny.

OK, so now you’re all going to declare me the sook of the year. But I downloaded the MFC pictures with mika in LA, and I was looking through them, my eyes going all teary. And then when it got to the one with nono, for some reason I burst into tears. :blink: it was all so NICE. It was so awfully wonderful it made me cry my eyes out. I’ve been crying so much with all the new music and new mika. Maybe I have serious issues. Or maybe its made me so happy that its not even funny.

Aww that's so cute :wub2::huglove:

You're not the only one who's been crying :naughty:

I’m so happy for you. That you were feeling so awful, and then you and mika look so happy in that photo. Its so wonderful there aren’t words for it. I’m glad you don’t think I’m a freak. :lol3: I’m so happy for all of you. Damn. Now I’m repeating myself :doh:

I’m so happy for you. That you were feeling so awful, and then you and mika look so happy in that photo. Its so wonderful there aren’t words for it. I’m glad you don’t think I’m a freak. :lol3: I’m so happy for all of you. Damn. Now I’m repeating myself :doh:

Aww thank you very much :tears::wub2:

And it makes me all tearful when people like you are so happy for me. I love MFC :tears:

It was so awfully wonderful it made me cry my eyes out. I’ve been crying so much with all the new music and new mika. Maybe I have serious issues. Or maybe its made me so happy that its not even funny.

Welcome to the party! :tears:

Dcdeb made a comment that I read when I got off the plane about how I was "bathed in Mikalight" and that statement made me sob for like an hour straight. Sigh.

This whole Mika thing is seriously like ex-lax for the spirit. You walk around randomly bawling for a week, ten days, a month, whatever. But it feels so freakin' good to get it out. :naughty:

Aww thank you very much :tears::wub2:

And it makes me all tearful when people like you are so happy for me. I love MFC :tears:

Aww! I feel the same way.

BIG MFC GROUP HUG!!

Dcdeb made a comment that I read when I got off the plane about how I was "bathed in Mikalight" and that statement made me sob for like an hour straight. Sigh.

This whole Mika thing is seriously like ex-lax for the spirit. You walk around randomly bawling for a week, ten days, a month, whatever. But it feels so freakin' good to get it out. :naughty:

BIG MFC GROUP HUG!!

It does feel good to just cry hysterically :naughty:

*HUGS* :huglove:

Aww thank you very much :te ars::wub 2:

BIG MFC GROUP HUG!!

It does feel good to just cry hysterically :naughty:

*HUGS* :huglove:

it feels good to cry hysterically when it’s a good thing. And especially when you want to burst with happiness like I do right now. :wub2:

Theres so much mika love and all this amazing new music and all the videos and reports make me feel like I was there. Oh gawsh.. I’m going all teary again :tears:

*JOINS HUG*

it feels good to cry hysterically when it’s a good thing. And especially when you want to burst with happiness like I do right now. :wub2:

Theres so much mika love and all this amazing new music and all the videos and reports make me feel like I was there. Oh gawsh.. I’m going all teary again :tears:

*JOINS HUG*

Well I'm glad our reports/videos/pics gave the effect that people were actually there. That was sort of what we were aiming for :wink2::punk: