REPORTS/PICS/VIDS for MIKA LA Surprise Show 04-15-09

Blue Sky

Well I'm glad our reports/videos/pics gave the effect that people were actually there. That was sort of what we were aiming for :wink2::punk:

:tears:

I attend gigs through you guys.

If he goes to chicago this summer though. I am there. You only get to live once :punk:

OK, so now you’re all going to declare me the sook of the year. But I downloaded the MFC pictures with mika in LA, and I was looking through them, my eyes going all teary. And then when it got to the one with nono, for some reason I burst into tears. :blink: it was all so NICE. It was so awfully wonderful it made me cry my eyes out. I’ve been crying so much with all the new music and new mika. Maybe I have serious issues. Or maybe its made me so happy that its not even funny.

I wanna see the pics of everyone with Mika but I'm too lazy to go through all these pages. Does anyone know around what page they're on?

Oooh such a lovely review :wub2:

Ok guys, here the meeting vid. It hasn't fully processed yet, so once it's all done it will come up with the HD option for the widescreen.

Bear in mind that it's a VERY dark vid, as there was hardly any light there, but hey, it is what it is :naughty:

OMFG HE MENTIONED SQUIRRELS :stretcher:

Thank you all for the reports,videos,pictures,lyrics,searching for stuff,...

I've been enjoying this thread for days now.

Every day a little(huge)part.

Sorry for my late "thank yous" but I was always thinking,when I'm at the end I thank everybody. I just couldn't think it would take me this long to get through it.

Anyway.... Thank you all very,very much!!!!!!!

I'm crazy and weird and I know, but I have to say that reading the reports and seeing all the photos of these recent days made me feel very happy for all who were there and able to meet MIKA. But I'm also feeling very sad because reading the reports of you I see how it is difficult to meet him, even for you who are Americans and English and speak the same language as him, so imagine for me ... I'm very depressed these days.

Please, don't get me wrong, I'm SO happy for all of you, I just realized how impossible it seems happen for me :sad:

and THANK YOU ALL for the pics, videos, songs, links and etc :huglove: there's no place like MFC :wub2:

i would do anything aside from cutting off my own limbs to meet mika. even if i have to resign myself to the fact he won't come to new zealand, i'm saving and i don't care if it takes 10 years, one day i will have the money saved to be able to see and meet mika. no matter what it takes.

• Like 1

I'm glad I've caught this before anyone commented on my post.

I've received a PM from the person I was referring to in regard to jumping the queue. She sent me a very sincere and genuine sounding apology, saying that this was not at all her intention, and explaining her side of the situation. I believe her. I'm not above admitting that I could have misinterpreted the situation or had my perception coloured by wanting to protect my own hard-earned spot and those of the people around me.

She truly seems sorry that I perceived the situation the way that I did and that it may have put a black spot on my evening. I also appreciate very much that she PM'd me rather than spurring the kind of gig-thread drama that we sometimes have - that took restraint and maturity. I myself can't stand the kind of back-and-forth drama that can go on for weeks, and stop reading threads as soon as I see that. This time, I felt compelled to say what I had to say, but even so I was hoping it wouldn't turn into something huge, I just wanted to get the message out there that behaviour like that (if it had been what I thought it was) is not ok.

There are some people who will do crappy things and then apologize after just to smooth things over so they can do it again next time. I don't think that's the situation here. I now believe that on some level she didn't realize how it was being perceived by others.

Mana and Andrew were very generous of heart at the time and really wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt. I was only focused on sticking up for my fellow MFC'ers who had waited all day. I'm still glad I spoke up because there are people who take advantage of others and that really is what it seemed like here. I guess I can learn a lesson here though, in that I could have been less accusatory and if I really felt that strongly I could have taken her aside privately at the time and tried to clear the air, explain why we were upset, and given her an opportunity to give her side of the story on the chance that it was a misunderstanding. But, if someone really was doing what I thought she was doing would they have admitted to it anyway? Guess I could have a little more faith in people... like Mana said - maybe it's because I'm from Toronto. :naughty:

So, in return, since my post was public I want to apologize publicly to her, but I will also PM her. I do think she could have been more aware of how she was making other people feel even if that was not her intention... it was pretty clear we were all upset. However she didn't do it with malice, and one of the reasons I believe that is that she came back here like nothing happened. That didn't make sense to me, and now I understand why.

With her permission (again, I will PM her) I would like to leave up my original post, because there are still people who do that kind of thing on purpose at other Mika gigs, frequently, and I want them to know how terrible it makes other people feel.

So - drama is over as quick as it started (at least from my own perspective). To that person: I hope we're cool now and that we can smile at each other next time we bump into one another at a gig.

I'm really glad this is nipped in the bud so quickly because it was honestly such an incredibly PERFECT night, and I didn't want the gig report thread tainted with this like some other threads have been.

Jeez, I think I've posted more in the last 24 hours than I have in the last year! :roftl:

Edited by zoots14

Well I'm glad our reports/videos/pics gave the effect that people were actually there. That was sort of what we were aiming for :wink2::punk:
yes, its exactly like that to me as well: so far I've lived the gigs thanks to the reports/vids/pics of the MFCers who went and I'm really grateful for that! :wub2:

Huge thank you to everyone of you for all the great things you've been posting and big hug! :huglove:

Hope I'll be able to share my own experience with you soon!

Sara...You are awesome..You have totally made my night. I love the meet and greet video. I love how you captured him putting perfume on our wrists, the conversations, the hugs, etc.

OMG....okay.. MFC, that's how you do a meet and greet.

Just want to emphasise that bit.

Blaagghhhuuh! I just posted a big long review, and I pressed to post it, and apparently I wasn't even connected to the internet. How does that happen!??!?!

Anyways, Best night of my LIFE! Of my LIFE.

You've probably heard it all already.

I'll just tell you my meeting Mika experience!

He came up to our area, and when it was my turn I said "Hi! My name is Vanessa" and we shook hands.

He said, "Nice to meet you" with a shy smile. :wub2: He's pretty shy...

After, he talked to a few people, and then I told him "from what i heard at this concert, I love the songs on the new album!" And when I said it, It was loud in there and hard to hear, so he leaned in and I told it to him in his ear! *sigh* :blush-anim-cl: Then he said, "Oh good!" and clapped his hands.

Later, when it came time for the pics, for the group pic he came to the back where I was and wrapped his arm around me! *see pic on front page, I'm the one who looks asleep while standing and smiling*

And then the individual pic:

About 3 MFCers got theirs, and there were people around me and I didn't know if they were gonna go or not. When no one went up, I shrugged and made an "Oh well, I guess I'll go" face, and he did the same back! We both shrugged at eachother and made an "Oh well" face at the same time! Hahah, it was funny. We both smiled :wub2:

We wrapped our arms around eachother, and he leaned his cheek on my head, and for a moment I thought, "Oh man, I'm doing a one armed pose hug with the guy that I've been admiring for 2 years. Oh MAN!" And then I came back to reality. I snapped out of it and focused on making my shoulder not tremble violently while under Mika's hand.

And then we dis-embraced and I said thank you, and you know how when you and another person walk away, but you both walk the same way, and your doing a dance type thing for a while because you keep on getting in eachothers path? We did that!! I had a "Oh wait, we're going the same way" moment with Mika!

We both laughed and he made an "ahh!" kind of funny noise, and then we figured it out haha.

usually after a mika gig im bawling and want to desperately rewind, and i cant get over how good it was. but now, after this gig, im completely content with where I am. I dont feel like a crazy fan girl, I feel like a girl who is in love with an awesome guy. I don't want to marry him, I don't get jealous if I see him with a person now, i just love this guy so much. I feel much more calm and contained and relaxed, just like talking to a normal guy. thats what I loved about the meet and greet atmosphere most. It wasnt a crazy fans and person they absolutely are obsessed with meeting, I just felt like it was a meeting with people. Introducing ourselves, kind of realizing we're both on planet earth, and we're just sayin' hi and moving on. By far my best experience of my life. I will never forget it...

Please post! i think i'm connected to the internet, or else im going crazy!

Loved your report!! Just loved it! (and cried a bit more too!)

OK, so now you’re all going to declare me the sook of the year. But I downloaded the MFC pictures with mika in LA, and I was looking through them, my eyes going all teary. And then when it got to the one with nono, for some reason I burst into tears. :blink: it was all so NICE. It was so awfully wonderful it made me cry my eyes out. I’ve been crying so much with all the new music and new mika. Maybe I have serious issues. Or maybe its made me so happy that its not even funny.

Welcome to every day of my vicarious gig life on MFC. I bawl my way through pages of reports and photos. I scream at my computer "Oh there's Christine...and Sara....and Mana..." and whichever random MFCers I see, more tears of happiness for all of them (or whoever is at whichever gig)...

but it all part of a Mika gig day for me!! :wub2:

Welcome to the party! :tears:

Dcdeb made a comment that I read when I got off the plane about how I was "bathed in Mikalight" and that statement made me sob for like an hour straight. Sigh.

This whole Mika thing is seriously like ex-lax for the spirit. You walk around randomly bawling for a week, ten days, a month, whatever. But it feels so freakin' good to get it out. :naughty:

You are too funny!!! :roftl::roftl:

Here are the updated url's, that directly link you to the HD version:

-Meeting Mika:

Bear in mind that it's a VERY dark vid, as there was hardly any light there, but hey, it is what it is :naughty:

Grace Kelly:

[/font][/color]

Big Girl:

I will keep posting and updating today.

Also, to avoid issues, I think that I will make a separate youtube account for the new songs and post them with no names, in case Universal are still at them, and if we get word from Mika himself that he doesn't want them out there I will remove them.

Here are the updated url's, that directly link you to the HD version:

-Meeting Mika:

Grace Kelly:

Big Girl:

I will keep posting and updating today.

Also, to avoid issues, I think that I will make a separate youtube account for the new songs and post them with no names, in case Universal are still at them, and if we get word from Mika himself that he doesn't want them out there I will remove them.

I was wondering, if maybe a mod could update the front thread page with these?

Thanks so much :blush-anim-cl:

Sara...You are awesome..You have totally made my night. I love the meet and greet video. I love how you captured him putting perfume on our wrists, the conversations, the hugs, etc.

OMG....okay.. MFC, that's how you do a meet and greet.

To be honest, it was no particular skill or anything :roftl:. I just had the camera running and in my hand, and sort of held upright(ish) it so that I knew that it would record most things without having to check it.

I didn't look at the camera at all during the whole thing, I had enough to do paying attention to His Royal Mikasoundsness :naughty:, so it was sheer luck that it recorded everything that it did. At some points this is quite obvious, because you can see nothing, hahahaha. Oh well.

I just wanted to capture that magical moment and his super-happy and elated mood for everyone here to get a bit of the feeling that we had, as so many people would be desperate to hear how it was, and I find that if there's footage it's always the best way. It's great to watch it again now, and catch bits of the chat that I may have forgotten or missed when it all happened.

Oh and his hilarious reactions to things we said or did are priceless. The little shriek when he sees Mana's tattoo or how he reacts after I tell him that he needs to forget about the curlers, haha. Shows how he has such a good sense of humour, and that he doesn't take offence of silly things, which is refreshing. He doesn't give a crap if we hate his jacket, he will still wear it :naughty:. So funny.

Oh and did anyone notice that he didn't even flinch or protest in any way when I tell him that the PDP jacket looks like a sofa or a curtain? He knew it already :bleh:. HA! :naughty:

So - drama is over as quick as it started (at least from my own perspective). To that person: I hope we're cool now and that we can smile at each other next time we bump into one another at a gig.

It makes me happy to see how you girls handled this situation. :thumb_yello:

Thanks to everyone who's taking the time to let all of us share in their experience

Oh, and Findingmywords, and anyone yet to post- I would quite happily read a gig report from all 400 people (or whatever) and meet and greet reports from everybody. Don't worry that people will find it repetitive

And Zoots, I'm glad the pushing in business is sorted. It was adding a sour note.

Oh and his hilarious reactions to things we said or did are priceless. The little shriek when he sees Mana's tattoo or how he reacts after I tell him that he needs to forget about the curlers, haha. Shows how he has such a good sense of humour, and that he doesn't take offence of silly things, which is refreshing. He doesn't give a crap if we hate his jacket, he will still wear it :naughty:. So funny.

Oh and did anyone notice that he didn't even flinch or protest in any way when I tell him that the PDP jacket looks like a sofa or a curtain? He knew it already :bleh:. HA! :naughty:

:roftl: Oh Sara....I hadn't caught that.... you're priceless.... really "mad and amazing"! :naughty:

and love his personality as well :D:wub2:

I was wondering, if maybe a mod could update the front thread page with these?

Done.

What's up with the weird X-files type music in the beginning of the meet & greet vid? :naughty:

Done.

What's up with the weird X-files type music in the beginning of the meet & greet vid? :naughty:

It sounds like they're at a planetarium or something. I was waiting for the educational voice over to kick in :naughty:

Oh Sara....I hadn't caught that.... you're priceless.... really "mad and amazing"! :naughty:

and love his personality as well :wub2:

Yeah he's SO lovely and easy to speak to. I love him :blush-anim-cl:

Done.

Thanks a lot, Diana :original:

It sounds like they're at a planetarium or something. I was waiting for the educational voice over to kick in :naughty:

Re the music: We didn't even notice it at the time (the fact that it was so weird and loud), but watching the vid it's super obvious now! Hahaha!

Funny

Just download Sariflors file.

Click on the link, follow the instructions and make sure it's saved on your computer!:thumb_yello:

Thanks, got them- though to be fair, what I did today didn't work yesterday

MUST drop out of this thread and get on with RL before watching Sivan and Sariflor's vids and pics- looking forward to them.

NOT looking forward to the London queue- if only 10 get to meet and greet, what time's that gonna start?

Thanks, got them- though to be fair, what I did today didn't work yesterday

MUST drop out of this thread and get on with RL before watching Sivan and Sariflor's vids and pics- looking forward to them.

NOT looking forward to the London queue- if only 10 get to meet and greet, what time's that gonna start?

I am afraid that if we bring tents with us and put them up in front of the theatre two days before the gig, people are bound to say that M's fans are awfully camp :wink2: ...

Marie-Thérèse

I didn't look at the camera at all during the whole thing, I had enough to do paying attention to His Royal Mikasoundsness :naughty:, so it was sheer luck that it recorded everything that it did. At some points this is quite obvious, because you can see nothing, hahahaha. Oh well.

I just wanted to capture that magical moment and his super-happy and elated mood for everyone here to get a bit of the feeling that we had, as so many people would be desperate to hear how it was, and I find that if there's footage it's always the best way. It's great to watch it again now, and catch bits of the chat that I may have forgotten or missed when it all happened.

Oh and his hilarious reactions to things we said or did are priceless. The little shriek when he sees Mana's tattoo or how he reacts after I tell him that he needs to forget about the curlers, haha. Shows how he has such a good sense of humour, and that he doesn't take offence of silly things, which is refreshing. He doesn't give a crap if we hate his jacket, he will still wear it :naughty. So funny.

Oh and did anyone notice that he didn't even flinch or protest in any way when I tell him that the PDP jacket looks like a sofa or a curtain? He knew it already bleh HA! :naughty:

Sara i officially love you:mf_lustslow:

for recording this and mostly for saying the things you said in this video:lmfao:

i would go a bit further if i was there though:fisch:

i really don't like it when he says hi to a someone and gets nothing in return except from a "hi/hello,the gig was great" etc. i know it's because they're very excited and nervous but still you don't get this opportunity everyday!

nice to know he doesn't take offence of that jokes,i knew he had a good sense of humour:wub2:

the whole meet and greet thing looks so nice, i felt like i was there for a minute:wub2: so thanks again!!

Edited by dilek