Mika and Gaga in The Sun

suzie

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That might have been even a better idea! I mean, Mika's underwear is not shocking to us anymore, after having seen it so many times :naughty:.

And the underwear would still match the rest of the outfit and all :mf_rosetinted:

I read 2 interesting articles about Gaga yesterday. I had never really paid her any attention till now (in fairly typical style for me...)

Why do we find it so hard to like Lady Gaga:

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2009/04/why_do_we_find_it_so_hard_to_l.html

which was written in reply to this one:

How not dumb is Gaga?

http://www.newyorker.com/arts/critics/musical/2009/04/27/090427crmu_music_frerejones?printable=true

I find them very interesting, and I'm still ambivalent to what to stand between understanding and respect for musical careers with different ways of showing off, and pure decorum…:blink:

Maybe I’m a little narrow minded but I think it’s hard to draw a line between lack of clouds on stage and out in the public life, which is a kind of stage for celebrities too.

But I suppose I just have to resign and realise that with Mika I have to buy the whole package!:wink2:

Big Girls, Saraneyde and the stripper in LA!

And sometimes his dinner company!:wink2:

Or maybe it is just as simple that being a straight woman I’m really not amused to look at naked or half naked ladies!?:roftl:

A gentleman would have offered her his coat.

:thumb_yello::lmfao:

I loved Mika actually for BEING private , for being different and appearing to have standards and protecting himself and his family by keeping things within that unit ...

This just seems SO wrong!! he doesnt need her or to be photographed with a celebrity , hes a genius in his own right with his own identity

I mean we dont own him and he does what he wants , but this is the first time Ive looked and thought its just wrong , cheap and trashy

Freddie, you just reported my thoughts precisely when you told how left down you are by mika's behaviour re. His privacy!! Huge kudos

I could care less if she was totally naked when they went out together, I am serious. I don't like cause to me she can't sing but she still wants fame so she has to invent smt else to get peoples attention. Many do so and she's not the only one, so I honestly don't care about her

I do feel let down, if I can use this expression cause I am naive and I expect too much by him

All his last tweets seem selfindulgent reflections over how pricey he is getting..

I seriously dunno what to think,as some of you know

I still like him beyond much otherwise I'd not be here worrying. I do feel down though

Probably a bit late, but I totally agree with what you say :thumb_yello:

I see it as incongruent

Edited by LeiRe

but this is a fan club, what more can you expect? :naughty:

Oh I would expect nothing different. But someone was wondering if this is 50% fan drama, 50% real problem, so I wanted to clarify that it is actually 100% fan drama. :naughty:

And if everyone doesn't let it go soon I am going to sick the GaGa-loving Perez Hilton on all of you.

I don't see this as bad publicity- the Sun didn't "rip him to shreds" they made him out to be a decent guy. So did the "she left a hanky he left a tip" article. He was obviously dressed for photgraphers- and looked adorable (IMO)- so sure, I'm pleased he's in the paper. The UK press seem to be spinning is as an "Americans don't know how to behave, we do" story (Sorry American MFCers- those things do go down well with a lot of people here.)I'd be surprised if the US papers keep him in hte pics.

I think she looked dreadful, and desperate for publicity. He has said all along he admires her. Perhaps he would have preferred her to change to go to a restuarant- perhaps he didn't care. I'd like to think he wouldn't be keen on the seat changing nonsense though.

A gentleman would have offered her his coat.

I agree about that. Anyone reading the hanky/tip article would have thought Mika was brilliant. He wasn't the one making a fuss, and the article is quite plain about that. Then she left a hanky, but HE left a tip!

If I had never heard of Mika, I would think he was a gentleman and that he had been very patient with her and even caring. I would probably think that I would like to go out with someone like this Mika myself!

So it's done him no harm, maybe even some good, and GaGa is in Europe now, so they won't be going out again anytime soon.

Okay, here's my take...short and sweet.

1. Mika is a brilliant artist.

2. Lady Gaga is a brilliant artist...great voice.

Now, I have to say this.

In 1997, I was interviewed by a record company, who discovered me singing karaoke. I was really nervous about the interview because they said that they were interested in signing me. I met them at a restaurant and I brought a friend with me for support.

During the interview, they asked me the following questions:

1. Record Company: Who do you see yourself being like?

ME: I would like to think that I could be me.

2. Record Company: Who are you? Who could you see yourself being like?

ME: I hope myselft.

3. Record Company: What do you think of Madonna?

Me: I like her but, I couldn't dress like her or do the type of publicity stunts that she does.

4. Record Company: Why not?

Me: It's not who I am. I'm a little bit shy in person, but not when I'm singing.

5. Record Company: You need an image like that.

Me: Why? Why do I have to be like Madonna. Can't we find another route.

6. Record Company: Madonna is very successful at what she does and we find this type of behaviour to be very lucrative for this business.

Me: Oh! Well, I'm not sure what to do.

7. Record Company: We need you to go home and think about all this and get back with us.

Me: Okay

ME NOW: I work for the Government. Too chicken to be like Madonna. Guess I have standards. So, I admire Mika for sticking up to who he wanted to be.

So, i understand why Gaga does what she does in her off time. I could never do that. It's all about publicity for her. I don't think she thought of Mika much when she wore this outfit.

I hate record companies. When Mika wrote "Grace Kelly" he was SPOT ON!!

Okay, here's my take...short and sweet.

1. Mika is a brilliant artist.

2. Lady Gaga is a brilliant artist...great voice.

Now, I have to say this.

In 1997, I was interviewed by a record company, who discovered me singing karaoke. I was really nervous about the interview because they said that they were interested in signing me. I met them at a restaurant and I brought a friend with me for support.

During the interview, they asked me the following questions:

1. Record Company: Who do you see yourself being like?

ME: I would like to think that I could be me.

2. Record Company: Who are you? Who could you see yourself being like?

ME: I hope myselft.

3. Record Company: What do you think of Madonna?

Me: I like her but, I couldn't dress like her or do the type of publicity stunts that she does.

4. Record Company: Why not?

Me: It's not who I am. I'm a little bit shy in person, but not when I'm singing.

5. Record Company: You need an image like that.

Me: Why? Why do I have to be like Madonna. Can't we find another route.

6. Record Company: Madonna is very successful at what she does and we find this type of behaviour to be very lucrative for this business.

Me: Oh! Well, I'm not sure what to do.

7. Record Company: We need you to go home and think about all this and get back with us.

Me: Okay

ME NOW: I work for the Government. Too chicken to be like Madonna. Guess I have standards. So, I admire Mika for sticking up to who he wanted to be.

So, i understand why Gaga does what she does in her off time. I could never do that. It's all about publicity for her. I don't think she thought of Mika much when she wore this outfit.

I hate record companies. When Mika wrote "Grace Kelly" he was SPOT ON!!

Good for you to stand up for yourself!:thumb_yello::wub2:

This made me think about a few lines in Lily Allens Fear:

"And I'll take my clothes off and it will be shameless

'Cuz everyone knows that's how you get famous"

Oh I would expect nothing different. But someone was wondering if this is 50% fan drama, 50% real problem, so I wanted to clarify that it is actually 100% fan drama. :naughty:

And if everyone doesn't let it go soon I am going to sick the GaGa-loving Perez Hilton on all of you.

it's been made drama about such ridicolous things in past, once more won't make any difference, I think.

and as for me, I'm not making much drama: I'm just expressing my thoughts and it's a totally personal pov, though -I found out- shared by some other persons.

it's been made drama about such ridicolous things in past, once more won't make any difference, I think.

and as for me, I'm not making much drama: I'm just expressing my thoughts and it's a totally personal pov, though -I found out- shared by some other persons.

:punk:

:thumb_yello:that's the point! Sure, we don't own anyone but i think that fans have the right to criticize when it needs cause there's a deep relationship between fans and artists, something very intimate.

As for me Mika could do anything he wants in his REAL private life, but that awful sight was clearly a sort of publicity stuff, a PUBLIC stuff.

We don't know (and i don't really care about it) if LadyG will last or not, but i wish Mika to last as long as possible cause he deserves it; as you said he's a horse that must ride alone and work hard to build up his own identity.

He should let all that cr..p to the hundreds of untalented so called artists that we see on tabloids every day!

hope that someone here tries to understand my point of view: it seems that some members in the italian thread think i hate Mika!:shocked:

I understand it perfectly :punk:

I just read all this stuff like: OMG! MIKA CAN'T HANG AROUND WITH HER! SHE'S EVIL! (well, at least that's what it sounds to me.)

I think it's time for some MFCers to understand this.

Who are you to say who Mika can hang around with or not?

You're his friggin' fans, not his mother.

Yeah, from what I've seen GaGa is rather odd, and I also don't like her dress-sense, but that still doesn't give me the right to tell Mika he can't hang around with her.

We don't know what she is like in real life, okay.

And I'm sure he's smart enough to make his own decisions, and if not, he can always ask his mom.

But not US.

Please, he's not a kid anymore.

Okay, I did go out with one of my D list (A-lister in the 80's) celeb friends once who showed up in a ridiculous outfit and he had nose hairs coming out. I said, "Dude, I'm not going anywhere with you until you change out of those ridiculous clothes and trim those nose hairs. He was pissy with me. :naughty: But, he did change.

I don't care who you are, it's disrespectful to go out with someone in ridiculous clothes. And yes, it is attention seeking. OMG..am I really going here. I'm usually so good about not getting involved on here. But, who you hang out with is a reflection on you. Period.

It's one thing to be in your stage clothes on stage but when you take those stage clothes in a public setting, what did she expect....people would just look away and not stare. I'm a fan of Gaga's...but, this did seriously irritate me.

Mika is so sweet that I really don't see him appreciating her attitude if this really did happen at the restaurant.

*rant over*

Not to repeat myself - we all have different opinions about Mika hanging around with Lady GaGa. I personally think he wanted to be a host and a gentleman with her. But just the fact that she had dressed up like that proves my statement from before that she's no close friends with Mika at all, not to mention something more IMO. If he were close or intimate friends with her, he could've just told her to dress a little bit more appropriate for the dinner or simply, NOT to dress as provocative as she did. But I guess they have met only for the 2nd or 3rd time now, and who is Mika to tell her how to dress? That's totally understandable. And especially because I think he wasn't feeling really comfortable with her at all, also if we include her 'diva' acting in the restaurant, and all the drama she had made in London...all of that proves that she only wanted to get some publicity. And stars like her are desperate for ANY kind of publicity, wether it was positive or negative.

Quite contrary to Mika, actually, since he stated that he certainly wouldn't want to be caught up by paparazzi somewhere with 'a crap around his nose'.

I loved his acting there, he was quite natural while she wasn't changing her facial expression all the time...at all.

I think the British magazines and media wrote about her with quite an irony tone, too.

Personally, I think Marilyn Manson would be delighted to have her going out with him dressed like that! Especially because she said she wanted to collaborate with him too. :bleh:

Just my two cents.

I loved Mika actually for BEING private , for being different and appearing to have standards and protecting himself and his family by keeping things within that unit ...

This just seems SO wrong!! he doesnt need her or to be photographed with a celebrity , hes a genius in his own right with his own identity

I mean we dont own him and he does what he wants , but this is the first time Ive looked and thought its just wrong , cheap and trashy

yes i have to agree freddie !! well said:punk:

I don't know if it's Mika's fault or even under his control that another musical "artist" who dresses as such wants to collaborate with him. And to have the media splash it all over like that.

If I had a friend or acquaintance churning chart topping music come to pick me up for dinner dressed liked that, it would be rude of me to tell her to go back home and put her pants on. Just saying.

I would have told her to wear something more appropriate seriously I mean that sort of thing is o.k for the stage if that's what she want to wear on stage in photo shoots or in videos but to go out in public when going out for a meal with someone nah that's just plain trashy in my opinion! (and I'm allowed one!)

This was hardly a 'snapped by the paps' while trying hard to hide situation. It looks perfectly staged and prepared.

Of course it's prepared. Even the colours of their clothes match (and thank God only that!). So, Mika is coming back with a new album shortly and someone of his team has had this trash idea that any publicity will be good now... especially that M. often twitters about GaGa how talented and interesting she is. And this is one thing I will never understand: his opinions about GaGa and Katie Perry... Not that I'm jealous or something:roftl: but there are so many REALLY talented girls out there and he's mesmerized with this childish pop heroines when he himself has so much to offer!!! MIKA, PLEASE EVEN IF THESE GIRLS ARE YOUR FRIENDS DON'T SHOW IT OFF, 'CAUSE SO MANY PEOPLE WILL PUT YOUIN THE SAME TRASHY DRAWER!

:thumb_yello:that's the point! Sure, we don't own anyone but i think that fans have the right to criticize when it needs cause there's a deep relationship between fans and artists, something very intimate.

As for me Mika could do anything he wants in his REAL private life, but that awful sight was clearly a sort of publicity stuff, a PUBLIC stuff.

We don't know (and i don't really care about it) if LadyG will last or not, but i wish Mika to last as long as possible cause he deserves it; as you said he's a horse that must ride alone and work hard to build up his own identity.

He should let all that cr..p to the hundreds of untalented so called artists that we see on tabloids every day!

hope that someone here tries to understand my point of view: it seems that some members in the italian thread think i hate Mika!:shocked:

agree with you and I'm sure many other MFCers do as well, even in the Italian thread;

I guess if someone there thinks you don't like Mika as much as we do, its due to your sarcasm and yr peculiar way of saying things :naughty:

You know, being in L.A, I do have a few celeb friends that I occassionally hang out with. Yes, it took me months of earning their trust before I would start telling them certain things. My favorite saying now is, "don't go all Celebrity on me...or, I'm ditching your @ss! I don't put up with the Celeb behavoir. When they act like a celeb, I'll start acting like a FAN. It works two ways. We all have our moments.

So, yes...I bet when Gaga showed up at his house, his first reaction was probably..."Oh, Brother." To put it nicely. I mean, it's not like he could back out of the date or tell her what to wear. However, if they hung out more, I'm sure he would probably tell her a few things. :naughty: That is, if we even understand Mika well. We may not. People do change in this business wether we like it or not. They have their set of peers that they hang out with like we do. It's a business and they too network.

I just know a few people that are really careful about their image and know certain people they need to avoid being seen with so their image isn't tarnished. No matter how nice that person is.

Oh, poor Mika...he just can't win with us. It's too bad that the Papparazzi had to put all this out there. It sucks for him. Staged or not.

In 1997, I was interviewed by a record company, who discovered me singing karaoke. ......

Thank you for the story..:thumb_yello:

I' d say that was unfortunate timing. I think the key to your story is that it was 1997. It wouldn't have been the same 15 years before and won't be the same 15 years later, either, as now people can discover good music via the internet. I strongly believe opportunities are now there for more musicians - see LittleBoots, for example.

Even though artists still need to make a lot of compromises if they want to be mega-successful, the opportunity is there for musicians.

Artists surely need their own marketing plans ready,too but probably they are more free to choose how they'd execute it .

SO WHY NOT GIVE IT ANOTHER CHANCE:wink2:

Not to repeat myself - we all have different opinions about Mika hanging around with Lady GaGa. I personally think he wanted to be a host and a gentleman with her. But just the fact that she had dressed up like that proves my statement from before that she's no close friends with Mika at all, not to mention something more IMO. If he were close or intimate friends with her, he could've just told her to dress a little bit more appropriate for the dinner or simply, NOT to dress as provocative as she did. But I guess they have met only for the 2nd or 3rd time now, and who is Mika to tell her how to dress? That's totally understandable. And especially because I think he wasn't feeling really comfortable with her at all, also if we include her 'diva' acting in the restaurant, and all the drama she had made in London...all of that proves that she only wanted to get some publicity. And stars like her are desperate for ANY kind of publicity, wether it was positive or negative.

Quite contrary to Mika, actually, since he stated that he certainly wouldn't want to be caught up by paparazzi somewhere with 'a crap around his nose'.

I loved his acting there, he was quite natural while she wasn't changing her facial expression all the time...at all.

I think the British magazines and media wrote about her with quite an irony tone, too.

Personally, I think Marilyn Manson would be delighted to have her going out with him dressed like that! Especially because she said she wanted to collaborate with him too. :bleh:

Just my two cents.

think you're right, IMO they are no close friends either