MIKA's NEW BAND LINE UP...

daisylou

Ok this maybe should go in the other artist and will probs get moved but thought get more of a wider view of what you think of the "new"band on here...

Is Mr Mikey Choi not playing anymore?

Saranayde's sexy costumes been left in the wardrobe?

Martin's cute smile now belong to Lily Allen?

Is Cherisse the "only lonely one" left of the original band?

Personally I understand these guys are freelance and work where the money is...take Saranayde working with Annie Lennox!!!!Martin with Lily, etc but it is a shame when you have been there since day dot that they have moved on...

What I have found nice is that when they do go and they work with others they still recognise the people who supported them in the MIKA days..ie Luke...he is one in a million we know that, but always takes the time to be sociable. He doesn't have too and always asks how everyone is doing. :wub2:

I found the original band were all really nice down to earth approachable people and loved the attention the MIKA fans gave them...I just hope whoever he next employs are the same. :wink2:

When Mikey gets replaced will the next person have a light up guitar? :roftl:

xx

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's disappointing when they move on, but as you say, they go where the money is...

Though hopefully the Aussies will get a pic of Martin for me when they go see Lily Allen in June... :fangurl:

I'm sure they will be just as friendly... I doubt Mika would pick people who didn't like having his fans hanging around...

Is Mr Mikey Choi not playing anymore?

What a question. I recall Mika having said it in his last vlog. I don't think you missed that. :wink2:

I doubt he's not playing anymore at all, though. Playing an instrument seems to be a nice pastime. :mf_rosetinted:

This thread is mis-named- it says it's about the NEW band members.

Mika said "I've got a new base player" but didn't memtion a new guitarrist. Which could mean he's no longer working with Mikey but will be with Martin again- but might not

Who are the new people?

We know he's (we've) still got Cherisse. Then the bassist was named as Dan.

But whether they are the musicians he'll tour with remains to be seen. And we'll find out from Berlin.

Just maybe he feels it's fresher to change backing musicians, so that he isn't part of a band.

Fresh blood = new talent and new ideas, new skills and new experiences.

Or perhaps, after his self imposed retirement, they just weren't available? Contracts signed.....

This thread is mis-named- it says it's about the NEW band members.

Mika said "I've got a new base player" but didn't memtion a new guitarrist. Which could mean he's no longer working with Mikey but will be with Martin again- but might not

Who are the new people?

mikey`s now playing with frankmusik which im going 2 see in july :thumb_yello:

The bass player is Dan Rothchild. He performed on a couple of LICM tracks as well so Mika has probably known him longer than he did Mikey.

And didn't Mika always say that he seeks out the very best, creme de la creme musicians for his recorded tracks? Maybe he now felt that he wanted to extend that standard to the musicians that he uses on the live shows :fisch:

mikey`s now playing with frankmusik which im going 2 see in july :thumb_yello:

Sounds fun- wish I was

The bass player is Dan Rothchild. He performed on a couple of LICM tracks as well so Mika has probably known him longer than he did Mikey.

Thanks- I'll look him up when I get a bit of time.

I think he also performed on Fiona's Apple album "Tidal" :teehee:

Thanks.

What do you do when you get the 'your message is too short' message?

And Dan Rothchild qualifies as creme de la creme I think... he's been around a long time, recorded on the LICM album, and his father produced most of The Doors albums.

Give it a few months and people will be saying "Mikey who?"

Oh I thought that it had already been a few months of that? :aah:

Well yes, but there are still a few who are clinging to the hope that he's still around.... like a bad breakup

Like a bad breakup, love that :roftl:. Very true though.

On a serious note, I think that Martin would be a real loss if he never came back to play with Mika, and so is Luke. The rest, IMO, are easily dispensable.

I have no fantasies of Luke coming back, although he's my favourite of them all because I find him the nicest person of them all (in my personal experience with them) and I was very upset at how things happened last year, but of course I don't think that he'd be back with Mika. So: if Martin comes back the rest can be anyone and I won't care.

As long as he doesn't bring Sunshine back we'll be alright :sneaky2::aah:

What a question. I recall Mika having said it in his last vlog. I don't think you missed that. :wink2:

I doubt he's not playing anymore at all, though. Playing an instrument seems to be a nice pastime. :mf_rosetinted:

He did?

I obviously missed that...

I did miss that bit too... :shocked::blink:

You type more. :roftl:

That's what lemon chiffon was invented for ...........

Well. Thanks for that.

I knew someone would sleuth out the "DAN" clue.

Thanks for that...Martin's father did some good work in the past too, and now we have Dan whose father was also in the business...expert blood runs in their veins???

Was he the one in the blog who raps : "be more objective with your criticism" or something like that???:roftl:

There was no sleuthing involved. We found out both of their names in LA. I can't remember the guitar player's name offhand though.

Thanks for that...Martin's father did some good work in the past too, and now we have Dan whose father was also in the business...expert blood runs in their veins???

Was he the one in the blog who raps : "be more objective with your criticism" or something like that???:roftl:

I think that that one was the other dude, whose name I can't remember but I think it may be Matt.

There was no sleuthing involved. We found out both of their names in LA. I can't remember the guitar player's name offhand though.

Yeah, for some reason I have it in my mind like "Dan and Matt". But for the life of me I can't recall everything that I heard that night :roftl:. I was way too zoned out. Probably safer anyway :wink2:

I've been wondering for a while who is the curly haired boy , who wears a marine stripped T-shirt, like the one Mika used to wear some time ago...:blink:

The guy playing the guitar in the videoblog is really cute as well :naughty:

Like a bad breakup, love that :roftl:. Very true though.

On a serious note, I think that Martin would be a real loss if he never came back to play with Mika, and so is Luke. The rest, IMO, are easily dispensable.

I have no fantasies of Luke coming back, although he's my favourite of them all because I find him the nicest person of them all (in my personal experience with them) and I was very upset at how things happened last year, but of course I don't think that he'd be back with Mika. So: if Martin comes back the rest can be anyone and I won't care.

As long as he doesn't bring Sunshine back we'll be alright :sneaky2::aah:

who's sunshine? :naughty::blink:

"be more constructive with your criticism"... lol.. that's the funniest bit of the blog!

Yeah Mika should just let these guys jam and mess around and see what they come up with. :naughty: