MIKA's NEW BAND LINE UP...

daisylou

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our pet name for Mika's key board player last summer, I don't remember his real name!:wink2:

you mean "player" as a kid playing with something,right?:mf_rosetinted:

Hmm he was that memorable.

David Whitmey. Pal of Mikey.

It’s the advantage of getting older…you can easily block out things not worthy of remembering!:naughty:

Sorry David if you happen to read this which I highly doubt!:wink2:

Neither did I apart from the **** ups.

In all honesty I think I was too distracted to notice...not that I have a one track mind or anything you understand...I know that you know I am multi faceted really:wink2:

I loved Luke and was sad to see him go...especially in the circumstances BUT

I didn't have a problem with David

I admit that I had a bit of an issue with him just based on how Luke was let go and how David got in, but it all became irrelevant when I heard his first gig and realised that I could now use a 'real, objective' reason to dislike him :roftl:. His Relaxed truly sucked. And like Sienna said, even Mika and Cherisse got visibly and mightily annoyed with him when he messed some other song up BIG TIME.

Anyway, no point in discussing him again, I get the feeling that he won't be back.

I knew someone would sleuth out the "DAN" clue.

Thanks for that...Martin's father did some good work in the past too, and now we have Dan whose father was also in the business...expert blood runs in their veins???

Was he the one in the blog who raps : "be more objective with your criticism" or something like that???:roftl:

Lifted straight out of this video by my fave duo Brett & Jermaine! :roftl::roftl::roftl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I550asEfgz8

2.16mins

And didn't Mika always say that he seeks out the very best, creme de la creme musicians for his recorded tracks? Maybe he now felt that he wanted to extend that standard to the musicians that he uses on the live shows :fisch:

That's what I was thinking and what I had been hoping for quite a while now:cool:

On a serious note, I think that Martin would be a real loss if he never came back to play with Mika, and so is Luke. The rest, IMO, are easily dispensable.

I have no fantasies of Luke coming back, although he's my favourite of them all because I find him the nicest person of them all (in my personal experience with them) and I was very upset at how things happened last year, but of course I don't think that he'd be back with Mika. So: if Martin comes back the rest can be anyone and I won't care.

As long as he doesn't bring Sunshine back we'll be alright :sneaky2::aah:

A very big loss... I missed out on gettign a picture with him in Syd... though luckily the Aussies are going to see Lily Allen so htey can get a pic of him for me..

I think I lost a bit of interest in the band when they brought him in... with the exception of Martin of course, he always had my attention...

I did miss that bit too...

Apparently there was a mini documentary on MS... I watched it about 1/2 hour ago...

Lily Allen is playing in town this September/October. I want to go and see Martin! :roftl:

I'd go if i could afford it... I'd be going to Melbourne to see him, but I missed out on tickets, and I'm not going ot the one in Sydney cause it's all ages and I had a crap experience at an all ages concert...

I found the original band were all really nice down to earth approachable people and loved the attention the MIKA fans gave them...I just hope whoever he next employs are the same. :wink2:

I hope that whoever he's touring with have been educated in advance about Mika Fan Love. We don't just fangurl him, we fangurl the tour manager, the roadies, the bus drivers, the camera man...:fangurl:

Honestly, fangurling the backing band makes total sense in comparison! :roftl:

I think that that one was the other dude, whose name I can't remember but I think it may be Matt.

Yeah, Matt sounds right to me. I think I heard that, too.

And Cherisse is still on board, it seems, because Mika had her play on the album. As such, she was still getting a paycheque from Mika and didn't have to run off and tour elsewhere to keep herself fed. :teehee:

• 2 weeks later...
Passionkirche, Berlin

xo8.jpg

THANX to Marmulla for twitting this one in from the field!

JUNE 1, 2009

According to "Rose's crazy name Game" the chubby one is supposedly called Stevie Tarquin (NOT)...:roftl::mf_rosetinted:

Passionkirche, Berlin

xo8.jpg

THANX to Marmulla for twitting this one in from the field!

JUNE 1, 2009

Seriously, you couldn't imagine how happy this makes me... :fangurl::wub2:

I can't tell which one is the tubby one. :teehee:

Second from the right... :thumb_yello:

He's tubby? :blink: What's wrong with me? :naughty:

When you named him Stevie, I thought it was him. He looks like a Stevie.

I sort of went by a process of elimination...

I know Martin and Cherisse... and the bass player... (okay, I can't remember his name right now :naughty:)... so he has to be the "chubby" one... I don't see how he's chubby though...

He does look like a Stevie... least he's not being called sunshine...

• 2 weeks later...