New Live Show!

dcdeb

If you believe you make your own luck, then receive a truly massive bit of bad luck, you can feel bad about yourself for not having made a success of it.

For example, like you I made choices, took qualifications, got experience then moved to another country (admittedly on a temp contract) which I thought would suit me and planned to setle. Within 8 weeks I was back in Middlesbrough having been been falsely accused of racism, fired and in an almost impssible position trying to get another teacher of endlish as a foreign language job as it's a small world.

I wasted ages trying to work out what I'd done wrong and why I "failed". But it was just bad luck.

So I joined a big accountancy firm with 8 other trainees- of which 7 were soon made redundant. That wasn't wholly luck- but I hadn't got much experience during my time there, because I was down to be a junior on an audit that kept being put back at the last minute. Again I felt dreadful about failing to make my own luck. For a long time after that I took jobs addressoing envelopes because I thought that was about my level. Which is ridiculous.

So (bet you thought i'd gone off the point!) it wasn't until I accepted that some things were just a matter of luck that I could make pro-active choices based on my actual abilities.

All of that seems reasonable until I saw Middlesbrough :boxed: , get yourself down the coast , fresh air and things will seem clearer

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

God you guys, this thread is just depressing. I think we've got to all stop complaining and wallowing in sorrow (MFC? No!), because if there's nothing we can do, there's nothing we can do.

For all who live near NYC, if I were you I would get tickets (if the price isn't too bad, I haven't checked it out) and show up at the gig anyways. If you meet with some MFCers that are of age, and if there's a lot of you that are under 18, we've gotta believe that the die-hards can accomplish anything! I don't have any idea how strict these club are, but it's worth a try if there's not too much hassle.

But I wanna go! *sniff* :tears: Ok, ok.

God you guys, this thread is just depressing. I think we've got to all stop complaining and wallowing in sorrow (MFC? No!), because if there's nothing we can do, there's nothing we can do.

For all who live near NYC, if I were you I would get tickets (if the price isn't too bad, I haven't checked it out) and show up at the gig anyways. If you meet with some MFCers that are of age, and if there's a lot of you that are under 18, we've gotta believe that the die-hards can accomplish anything! I don't have any idea how strict these club are, but it's worth a try if there's not too much hassle.

I totally agree with you!!!!

Mika goes to NY to play almost as much as London. I know that's an exaggeration, but you know. I've seen him like 6 times in New York and only one other show had an age limit, that was 16. It's the price you pay for knowing good music- those artists tend to play at lighter venues, not arenas.

I've missed plenty of shows when I was like 17 and a half. Yes, it's a bummer, but the world of concert touring doesn't stop when you turn 18. There are always more chances and more things that you are lucky for.

If you beg a security guard to let you in underage, it could put their job at risk. Just sayin', let's be logical. I can sympathise because it's tempting to be underage, but everyone is at one point in their life. Hugz.

:naughty:No not shoved in the back, just some people chose to do as they were asked which was wait for Mika to come round, he was supposed to work the room. Instead he could hardly move because people were following him around.

Mad. Sad. Depressed. Spending money on Andrew Bird Albums. Thats all im doing today.

Anyone feel like filling the position of angry under 18 year old on this thread? Becuase im totally done for now. Ive cried enough today.

I'm so so sorry Sammy, Marie, Aimee and the rest.:huglove: It must be frustrating:thumbdown:

Mika goes to NY to play almost as much as London. I know that's an exaggeration, but you know. I've seen him like 6 times in New York and only one other show had an age limit, that was 16. It's the price you pay for knowing good music- those artists tend to play at lighter venues, not arenas.

I've missed plenty of shows when I was like 17 and a half. Yes, it's a bummer, but the world of concert touring doesn't stop when you turn 18. There are always more chances and more things that you are lucky for.

If you beg a security guard to let you in underage, it could put their job at risk. Just sayin', let's be logical. I can sympathise because it's tempting to be underage, but everyone is at one point in their life. Hugz.

I think all the people that are underage shouldn't give up hope just yet, though. We don't need to be depressed and angry just yet--no matter how hopeless it seems. It's Mika! Remember what he says!

"LOVE TODAY!"

I think all the people that are underage shouldn't give up hope just yet, though. We don't need to be depressed and angry just yet--no matter how hopeless it seems. It's Mika! Remember what he says!

"LOVE TODAY!"

right now sadly THATS not even helping me nor is relax take it easy... i am listening to lonely alcoholic right now :sad::tears::crybaby:

ahh i cant help but be upset :sad:

of corse the 18 thing is not good but the show is also on the day that i leave for my trip to Germany for 2 weeks!!!

If he tours in the US when im away ill just cry this trip is really ruining a lot of stuff

MFCers in germany im gonna need some comfort while there, no lie

ahh i cant help but be upset :sad:

of corse the 18 thing is not good but the show is also on the day that i leave for my trip to Germany for 2 weeks!!!

If he tours in the US when im away ill just cry this trip is really ruining a lot of stuff

MFCers in germany im gonna need some comfort while there, no lie

WOAH WOAH WOAH....

this is weird...... sheerah16, a very close friend of mine.....she is leaving for germany for two weeks the day before. That is very...VERY strange.

I am just going to suck it up . . . CRY like a baby ... . . . . . .

and wait patiently for a proper U.S. Tour and just pray that he comes to Florida. There is nothing else I can do! WWAAAYYYY more then me (who can't go for other reasons) I feel sorry for those that are Under 18 and otherwise COULD go . . . that blows it ALL!

WHY for the love of God would they book (someone like) MIKA at a venue that has age restrictions . . . when a vast number of his fans are under 18 . . . this is NOT rocket-science or new found info. :doh:

Instead of feeling SORRY for myself - I am going to feel sorry for the younglings that were READY and ABLE to attend and can't, because of the darn venue! You know NYC has M A N Y venues of ALL shapes and sizes that could/would accomodate ALL MFCers. Dosen't make ANY sense! :no:

Well you say that, but you don't have any idea of the sacrifices they may or may not be making. Other people's lives can often look carefree and easy, but that's only because we don't know what goes on behind the scenes.

Exactly. Well said. Everyone has drama in their lives, whether they choose to display it for the world to see or not.

If you believe you make your own luck, then receive a truly massive bit of bad luck, you can feel bad about yourself for not having made a success of it.

For example, like you I made choices, took qualifications, got experience then moved to another country (admittedly on a temp contract) which I thought would suit me and planned to setle. Within 8 weeks I was back in Middlesbrough having been been falsely accused of racism, fired and in an almost impssible position trying to get another teacher of endlish as a foreign language job as it's a small world.

I wasted ages trying to work out what I'd done wrong and why I "failed". But it was just bad luck.

So I joined a big accountancy firm with 8 other trainees- of which 7 were soon made redundant. That wasn't wholly luck- but I hadn't got much experience during my time there, because I was down to be a junior on an audit that kept being put back at the last minute. Again I felt dreadful about failing to make my own luck. For a long time after that I took jobs addressoing envelopes because I thought that was about my level. Which is ridiculous.

So (bet you thought i'd gone off the point!) it wasn't until I accepted that some things were just a matter of luck that I could make pro-active choices based on my actual abilities.

I see your point, and yes, it is a sad story. Hence why I don't blindly believe that it's one way or the other, and of course any decision can go totally wrong or very well....I'm a bit tired to elaborate right now so I will leave it at that before I write something totally incoherent :roftl:

Thanks for that, Kate -- maybe since you're closer in age, these younger

girls will hear you more than they're hearing me.

Girls, there's really NOTHING we can do to get you in at this venue, if

they are set on this being an over-18 show. We can't do anything

illegal, you know, and we can't condone illegal behavior. We can't

condone sneaking in, or trying to bribe the club bouncer, or

carrying fake ID... we just can't. We did ask about the age requirement

-- at first we were afraid it was going to be 21+! And we did ask if

under-18s could get in with a guardian. But the answer has come back

multiple times: this is a strictly over-18 show. I think that's how this

venue is. It's a very small place, it's got a very prominent bar...

I really do feel for you -- but our hands are tied. :boxed:

Well then....we should either all stop complaining or just close the thread. Thats what this thread is going to turn into. A whole bunch of under 18's complaining.

So, anyone up to make a new thread:? Who know,s we get enough names to sign it, maybe hell see it.

More North American All Ages shows

Thanks for that, Kate -- maybe since you're closer in age, these younger

girls will hear you more than they're hearing me.

Girls, there's really NOTHING we can do to get you in at this venue, if

they are set on this being an over-18 show. We can't do anything

illegal, you know, and we can't condone illegal behavior. We can't

condone sneaking in, or trying to bribe the club bouncer, or

carrying fake ID... we just can't. We did ask about the age requirement

-- at first we were afraid it was going to be 21+! And we did ask if

under-18s could get in with a guardian. But the answer has come back

multiple times: this is a strictly over-18 show. I think that's how this

venue is. It's a very small place, it's got a very prominent bar...

I really do feel for you -- but our hands are tied. :boxed:

I'm just curious, I'm sure that there must be lots of other venues they could have got, that could have let under 18s in. Why did they pick one that doesn't?

It doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

We had a nightclub in my home town years ago, that did the occassional, under 16 evening, between 6 and 10pm, where the bar only had soft drinks on display.

Could they not do that in this place?

I am aware of licensing laws being different, but can't they do what we do here for special events, apply for a special license for the night?

I'm just curious, I'm sure that there must be lots of other venues they could have got, that could have let under 18s in. Why did they pick one that doesn't?

It doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

We had a nightclub in my home town years ago, that did the occassional, under 16 evening, between 6 and 10pm, where the bar only had soft drinks on display.

Could they not do that in this place?

I am aware of licensing laws being different, but can't they do what we do here for special events, apply for a special license for the night?

ahhhhh if only. I cant even beleive this. I am absolutely crushed.

:aah:

I must be going mad ..... I read that as maybe the comp will be to strip him on stage :roftl: I do not have pervy thoughts .... honest :naughty:

:mf_rosetinted:

well that would be far better a show than having to suffer while some woman removes her undergarments in a public place :teehee: zzzzzzzzzz how BORING!!!! lets just strip Mika instead :naughty: (ARTISTICALLY of course).