Mika @ Milan, Italy - June 6, 2009 - gig report, photos and videos

guylainem123

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BS you haven't failed! There doesn't seem to be anything coming from anyone. I'm beginning to suspect mass abduction or something... or maybe the internet for the whole of Italy has gone out?

It's spooky how quiet it is....

No, this is a conspiracy. :sneaky2:The whole crowd who was there got together and decided that when they upload pics and vids, they won't tag them with MIKA and then MFC won't find them and post them before they get home and want to show them themselves.

Well come on, then, hurry up!! How long do you think we can wait???

(For a classic photo, go to the last page of the twitter thread. Wish I knew who/when that was!):roftl:

No, this is a conspiracy. :sneaky2:The whole crowd who was there got together and decided that when they upload pics and vids, they won't tag them with MIKA and then MFC won't find them and post them before they get home and want to show them themselves.

Well come on, then, hurry up!! How long do you think we can wait???

(For a classic photo, go to the last page of the twitter thread. Wish I knew who/when that was!):roftl:

you haven't failed!!! and we still :wub2: you!

i bet they are all out partying til the weeeeee hours! (hey... it's breakfast time now!! wake up italy!)

lol:thumb_yello:

If I went to Mika's gig in Milano- my favorite town, I could die:mf_lustslow:

Actually this is my first post!! Hello everyone:wink2:

Hello and welcome to MFC! Don't forget to do an introduction thread so we can all officially welcome you:thumb_yello:

I'm no longer a gig virgin!!! :yay: And what a way to go!!

Oh no, mine's the first!!

I'm still not very coherent, and I've not had enough sleep, so apologies for the lack of sense & detail!!

Firstly I'd like to thank Robi & Dani for all their hard work during the day, even though we had to wait for ages to get the tickets (not their fault, obiously), the numbering worked fantastically! Robi was so good at getting everyone organised to get the tickets!! I was no 21 (my new lucky number!) and 2nd row centre! And thanks to Robi for organising the lunch too, that was great!

I was part of the 'welcoming party' when Mika arrived :naughty: That was quite manic for a poor gig virgin like I was, lots of screaming & pushing, but amazing to finally see him in person! :wub2:

I liked Blue Roses, though their songs sounded a bit samey.. They weren't as bad as some people whom I spoke to yesterday were making out :naughty:

As for Mika, I was blown away!! I stil think I'm a bit shellshocked, what an experience!! I'd not watched any videos of the gigs from this week to not spoil the surprise, so I still didn't quite know what to expect! A very interesting definition of acoustic I think :roftl: But it was incredible, the energy was amazing, Mika was feeding off us, he was interacting with us a lot. I was exhausted just watching him, I don't know how he does it!! Everyone started dancing from BG, and then everyone was waving their arms during Billy Brown, great fun to watch from the 2nd row! I've properly fallen in love with GGG now, it's amazing! Over My Shoulder live was really something else, incredible to hear live. I've forgotten her name already (so bad!!) but he was joined on HE with the girl who originally recorded it, that was great! And everybody was on their feet by the end!

I was really impressed with Rain, I was thinking it'd be more like the PDP version, but oh no!! It was like mid-way between that and the studio version, very very good!! And he did Relax, I was so pleased!! It started off like the Live Lounge version he did, but by the end it was full blown Relax, what a way to end it!

The absolute highlight for me was Lollipop :wub2: That poor piano though, stood on it banging a dustbin!! & that silly hat he wore!! Shame my batteries died at that point, so I didn't get a photo of it before I'd scrambled around in my bag to find the other ones I had! And the stage invasion, I still can't believe I actually made it on stage!! It was like there was no thinking involved, one minute I was stood in front of my seat, next minute I'm stood on the stage in front of the piano!! I can't wait to see the videos from that, it was an amazing experience!

The queue outside after the gig was mental, we were told to stand in a line, one person at a time, but unfortunately where all us MFCers were stood, that didn't happen. But I managed to give him my present & get an autograph, so it wasn't as bad as it could've been.

So yeah, I think that's it! I need to get my photos up now!

one word....

MIKATASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can't wait for more!!!

wagawagawaga....

Hey!! Glad you made it on here! I was the blonde girl in the pink dress btw :wink2:

Hi, everyone

I have no pic but 3 and mg camera decided to die at the wrong time

Plus i am in the iPhone, so my typing is worse than the usual Lol

Pls bear with me

Everyone is either traveling on plane or sleeping, so i expect they'll sport later

I am on a train and using my time

Where to start? Got there 11ish and was #25 in the queue

The queuing system which had realy confused me at 1st, worked very good and it took robertina lots of efforts. Kudos to her

It just was great seeing mfcers after so long! I'll miss you!!

Robertina, allegra, betta, patty, dani and all italian buch, wonderful being with you again!

Matt, made me so glad seeing ya again, one more hug

Nezza, mana, marina, clara, tilbet, really lovely meeting ya finally

Sara, mellody, it was fun hanging out together :)

Kath and lilibeth, best roomates ever! Hope to see ya soon again

Jemma, babs, it was good seeing you

Helloooooooo Avoca!! It was lovely meeting you yesterday! Argh, that's what I forgot, bad MFCer *slaps wrists* A big hello to all the lovely, lovely people I met yesterday, you guys are brilliant! :biggrin2:

Acoustic gigs can be tiring as well, i guess i am ageing Lol but they are very convenient location wise. Could use toilet when needed, see sitting 1st row but could still get up and dance. Not ho mention the stage invasion, could not believe i did that!!

People was on fire but respectful and they got back to their places when it was required

To answer roses question, yes, he wore the orange jacket with embroyderies, white shirt and those awful shoes Lol and he wore his hair in a sorta mad composer style, very mozartesque indeed.:) grammy curlies are gone, woohoo!

Acoustic gigs can be tiring as well, i guess i am ageing Lol but they are very convenient location wise. Could use toilet when needed, see sitting 1st row but could still get up and dance. Not ho mention the stage invasion, could not believe i did that!!

People was on fire but respectful and they got back to their places when it was required

To answer roses question, yes, he wore the orange jacket with embroyderies, white shirt and those awful shoes Lol and he wore his hair in a sorta mad composer style, very mozartesque indeed.:) grammy curlies are gone, woohoo!

Not just me then :naughty: I still can't believe I got on stage too, it was mental :roftl:

To answer roses question, yes, he wore the orange jacket with embroyderies, white shirt and those awful shoes Lol and he wore his hair in a sorta mad composer style, very mozartesque indeed.:)grammy curlies are gone, woohoo!

:yay:

thanks for the report!:flowers2:

Helloooooooo Avoca!! It was lovely meeting you yesterday! Argh, that's what I forgot, bad MFCer *slaps wrists* A big hello to all the lovely, lovely people I met yesterday, you guys are brilliant! :biggrin2:

hi, nezza!! Lovely lovely meeting ya!

So glad your 1st gig was such a good one ;)

Continuing with my report, we had a collective mfc lunch not far from gig, which was nice, so different from the usual desperado kinda gig Lol

said hi ho John in the afternoon, couple times: he's his usual adorable self :wub2: but is it me or at times he didnt look as relaxed as usual? Maybe he was just tired

I did meet mika in the afternoon which made me very glad as after the show queue was very long, we were supposed to be in line but everyone kept jumping in front of ha, usual story

My camera died, so i took just 3 pics. I didnt even want to get an autograph, just wanted to say smt, but didnt manage

Thank you for these first reports girls !!! :wink2:

I did meet mika in the afternoon which made me very glad as after the show queue was very long, we were supposed to be in line but everyone kept jumping in front of ha, usual story

Oh, it went bad ? people didn't behave well in the queue and that's the reason why they canceled this meeting ? :blink:

sooo bad to read that :sneaky2: and sorry for you and the ones who behaved well...

Thank you for these first reports girls !!! :wink2:

Oh, it went bad ? people didn't behave well in the queue and that's the reason why they canceled this meeting ? :blink:

sooo bad to read that :sneaky2: and sorry for you and the ones who behaved well...

They cancelled what meeting? ???? Are there reports coming in to other places that I don't know about??:blink:

Just a few lines cuz I'm knackered and still confused but happy!:wub2:

My first Mika gig: had a blast, it was even more incredible than I thought it could be! Maybe the right word for it is MAGIC !!

Can't believe I was there

And I have to thank first my hubby, without him I couldn't have been there and secondly but not less important Dani56, Robertina and all the MFCers who were there!

The gig wouldn't have been the same without you!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart! I'll never forget this day! :group_hug:

We were listening, enjoying, singing, dancing, jumping all together and I think that in that hour Mika and we all were one! :wub2: I never had such an incredible experience!!

I was on stage too!! And as Nezza said there was no thinking involved, one minute I was stood in front of my seat, next minute I was on stage, it was just natural.

I feel very lucky and honoured to be a Mika fan and a part of this community, I was totally at ease, it was a real pleasure to meet all of you in person for the first time and I felt among friends!

He did 2 encores: first My interpretation + Rain second unexpected.. we were screaming RELAX RELAX!!

and I couldn't believe he came back once more and sang it!!

Mika is a special artist and a special guy indeed and we are very lucky to be his fans!

Hello Nerys and Avoca! it was lovely to meet you! :wub2:

Avoca it was nice to chat shortly with you your a very sweet girl :)

Edited by mari62

Right, gig:

The performance was unbelievable, defo "his own definition of acoustic" Lmao to quote the man

He did start LJ out of tune lol but he mended it quickly

OMS with alexander left me literally with mouth wide open: had it in my very 1st Milano gig with martin, but this was... Wow!! LOVE Alexander! :wub2:

Set list (not in this order):

Gk, Bb, Lt, Bg, Oms, Lj, Ggg, Botg, Sitm (2nd), Tb :wub2:, Be, He, lollipop

Encores: Mi, rain(!!!!!),relax,

I hope i didn't get confused Lmao

stage invasion was a laugh.

He did was very interactive and loked our direction a few times, probably also cause we were standing dancing like mad lol

Sitm was super super good! He was giggling a bit when i woohooed as he tuned the 1st notes Lol

Rain is just grand!! I confirm my impression from pdp. Cannot wait for it to be officially recorded.

They cancelled what meeting? ???? Are there reports coming in to other places that I don't know about??:blink:

sorry if I express myself bad ! But from what I understood, they were in line so as to get authographs, like the other nights, but it didn't happen...

Avoca, me too I can't wait to hear "Rain" in its real version. :wub2:

that's the song I'm really curious about !