Mika @ Milan, Italy - June 6, 2009 - gig report, photos and videos

guylainem123

I wish you had too! It was utter perfection.

After the gig I spoke to Mama P and was gushing about how incredible her son is, amongst other things how absolutely amazing his acoustic Relax is,and how he shouldn't be unsure about it because it's stunning,as OMS. She then said "why don't you tell him?" and whips out her camcorder and starts filming me while I blab on.

This woman is as fond of her cam as i am,haha!

Seriously, I'm sooo glad that i filmed everything, because we spent hours after the gig watching the vids on Mana's laptop in total awe,replaying the bit where he gets us to go on stage over and over.

We were the truest,most pathetic fangurls ever,hahaha! The vids are kind of mad because i was totally hyper and wasn't even checking what I filmed,lol.

Oh and a special mention goes to Robi for organising the queue so brilliantly,she did an amazing job and we love her!

Awww...Mrs. P sounds sweet as usual:wub2:

I shoulda just booked that flight:roftl:

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Allegra is right: it wasn't an acoustic gig. But the audience wasn't suitable for an acoustic gig! There aren't only MFCers at M's gigs. He doesn't sing just for us. :wink2:

On the whole my response is totally positive, as you will see from my report which still doesn't exist.:blink:

I know you don't give a damn about my own report, but I will write one anyway. :tongue2:

Allegra is right: it wasn't an acoustic gig. But the audience wasn't suitable for an acoustic gig! There aren't only MFCers at M's gigs. He doesn't sing just for us. :wink2:

On the whole my response is totally positive, as you will see from my report which still doesn't exist.:blink:

I know you don't give a damn about my own report, but I will write one anyway. :tongue2:

We do!!! So bring on that damned report quickly :sneaky2::wink2:

I forgotten to mention someone: leire and emerald, it was really nice meet you finally! very glad we have been together at this gig. :thumb_yello:

and now that I'm at home, I can finally post with smileys. what a relief. :mf_rosetinted:

must be the tiredness (new song: blaime it on the tiredness), but I'm starting to feel the post gig depression. I have been gig-less for almost a year, I had forgotten about it. :boxed:

cannot wait to have the video of rain. :teehee:

I forgotten to mention someone: leire and emerald, it was really nice meet you finally! very glad we have been together at this gig. :thumb_yello:

and now that I'm at home, I can finally post with smileys. what a relief. :mf_rosetinted:

must be the tiredness (new song: blaime it on the tiredness), but I'm starting to feel the post gig depression. I have been gig-less for almost a year, I had forgotten about it. :boxed:

Aaw .. :huglove:

Already a post gig depression? Kinda quick .. or is that just me? :roftl:

Aaw .. :huglove:

Already a post gig depression? Kinda quick .. or is that just me? :roftl:

no, it is quick.. :tears:

plus it's my only gig for this tour, so I have to cope up with it someway.. and think about september. :mf_rosetinted:

he confirmed last night about special secret gigs in sept.

plus it's my only gig for this tour, so I have to cope up with it someway.. and think about september. :mf_rosetinted

:huglove:

I know how you feel .. I'm getting there right now I think (don't know what it is, but I feel so .. pffft .. you know? :roftl:), ok, maybe still kinda quick but I can't help it :roftl: I have had 2 wonderful gigs though :wub2:

And I do hope he announces the secret gigs more than a few days before .. wich is kinda not the way it should be .. but I need to sort out work and I need time for that :boxed::roftl:

plus it's my only gig for this tour, so I have to cope up with it someway.. and think about september. :mf_rosetinted:

:boing:Very interesting! Thanks for the information!!:thumb_yello:

Poor you :huglove:

But the september news sounds awesome :boing:

Join the club!:mf_rosetinted:

Only 7 pages??:shocked: I expected tons more, where's everybody?? :P

I'm writing my reports while sorting out all my videos (filmed the whole concert despite the "no photo, no video allowed" ad :teehee:).

First of all, let me virtually build a statue to Robi, who sorted everything great with the queue thing and the tech stuff: if we manage to get a collaboration with John in every country like Robi did for Milano yesterday, things will work out great! :thumb_yello:

So Robi, THANK YOU!

Forgot to mention that when we were chatting after the gig someone asked him what the codes were for. He said that it was some form of system where one collects points with every thing that they buy or do, and can then use that "cash" to get or sort of buy special things.

As a joke i asked "what,like private gigs?" and he went serious and said "yes,there will be ONE private gig,a living room gig!"

We were all left stunned. Initially I thought that he was joking but he confirmed a few times that he was totally serious.

Second. I joined the other MFCers in the queue before 11am and was #19, which was great considering each row of the venue was made of 28 seats!

It was so good to see all those familiar faces again, and finally meet the new ones (Mana you're a doll :huglove: ), I sincerely hope to see you all again very soon!!

So, queued a while, waiting for the others to join us and then had lunch all together in a cafeteria few metres from the venue. Came back queuing, chatting here and there. Then at about 6,15pm we were told to queue in order by our number and at 7pm we would get to the ticket desk to get our own tickets and enter the venue.

Once inside I managed to reach exactly the seat I wanted (well, second to the first row:naughty:): perfectly central on second row. Nerys got to sit next to me, and I was glad since she was her first gig:thumb_yello:

Blue Roses was nice, very good singer, just what it needed to get the atmosphere for an acoustic gig.

Then Mika. He got on stage with his band, a very diva entrance, let me say it:naughty: After a year without seeing him, it felt almost surreal having him on stage just a few steps from me..surreal. Btw, they all bowed and he sat at his piano and started..Grace Kelly. I thought he would have started with something more quiet like Lady Jane but, apparently he warmed the crowd with something everybody knew, and it immediately got into a fair:naughty:, with everybody singin and all.

Then came the turn of Lady, Jane, Stuck in the Middle, etc... and we all knew the lyrics, everybody was singing (and screaming non sense:bash:). Acoustic tour? I don't think so:roftl:

The best imo was Toy Boy: I'm completely in love with that song, and his performance of it and his facial expressions were priceless!! (Jemma, Babs: your laughing ended up in my videos! ROTFL) Love, love it!!

Love the new intro of Big Girl with Dan and Mika making that kind of Thriller dance, awesome!!

He was in a great shape, dancing and singing over the piano, stepping from quiet tunes to the "crazy" ones. SO glad to hear once more Over My Shoulder, with Alexander this time: that guy is incredible (I would love if he'll go on tour with him again), and the song so touching.

At Lollipop (I think) at a certain point he gestured the crowd to join him on stage and you could see the pure frenzy:naughty:. He then went off, and when he came back I decided to stop recording and to enjoy the show: he sang My Interpretation and then introduced Rain:wub2: First time I heard it live, so I started recording again:teehee:. Wonderful.

Then I think they bowed and went off again, and the crowd called "MIKA" back again, and he returned for an encore, singin Relax, half acoustic half normal, saying that it was only the second time he sang it and everytime was an experiment. And then it was over.

So, this is pretty much it.

I was overwhelmed the whole time, I couldn't believe it.:blush-anim-cl:

Edited by Mirtilla

I've just watched your Toy Boy vid Mirti, Babs & Jemma's laughing had me in hysterics again!! :roftl: You guys are legends :roftl:

I was glad I sat next to you to Mirti, and what great seats we managed to score, eh? :naughty:

After the show, the theatre guys told us to get out cause Mika would exit the other way (as if it was such a secret!:naughty:), and when we exit there was a huge line waiting for the autographs and stuff. Crazyness. He came out not long after, like half an hour (?) later. People are crazy. When he was at almost the end of the queue (we're talking about 200 people), those who already got their moment moved back to get something else, someone almost jumped on him and someone even pushed him. I'm speechless and disgusted in front of such rudeness:sneaky2:

Anyway it was a great night, at least for me. Said goodnight to those leaving and with Betta, Matt, Robi (+ son), Allegra and Nerys went for a chat and an ice cream:cheerful_h4h:

I just hope to live thru all this soon.:teehee:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Setlist (in order):

Grace Kelly

Lady Jane

Stuck in the Middle

Blue Eyes

Toy Boy

Billy Brown

Good Gone Girl

Over My Shoulder

Big Girl

Love Today

Blame It on the Girls, Blame It on the Boys

<band introduction>

Happy Ending

(trash can dance + I Want You Back intro) Lollipop

My Interpretation

Rain

Relax

VIDEOS:

PICS:

42d3d7c46b1fc0877b1b4801a67b3c4c.jpg

aa4f7faf4bdc843c6b246ac5566d7a21.jpg

302e85b62136a276b4f89b60146a6094.jpg

Edited by Mirtilla
added video links

Love the new intro of Big Girls with Dan and Mika making that kind of Thriller dance, awesome!!

He was in a great shape, dancing and singing over the piano, stepping from quiet tunes to the "crazy" ones. SO glad to hear once more Over My Shoulder, with Alexander this time: that guy is incredible (I would love if he'll go on tour with him again), and the song so touching.

At Lollipop (I think) at a certain point he gestured the crowd to join him on stage and you could see the pure frenzy:naughty:. He then went off, and when he came back I decided to stop recording and to enjoy the show: he sang My Interpretation and then introduced Rain:wub2: First time I heard it live, so I started recording again:teehee:. Wonderful.

Then I think they bowed and went off again, and the crowd called "MIKA" back again, and he returned for an encore, singin Relax, half acoustic half normal, saying that it was only the second time he sang it and everytime was an experiment. And then it was over.

So, this is pretty much it.

I was overwhelmed the whole time, I couldn't believe it.:blush-anim-cl:

It was definitely during Lollipop that he gestured people to come on stage :naughty::teehee:

Forgot to mention that when we were chatting after the gig someone asked him what the codes were for. He said that it was some form of system where one collects points with every thing that they buy or do, and can then use that "cash" to get or sort of buy special things.

As a joke i asked "what,like private gigs?" and he went serious and said "yes,there will be ONE private gig,a living room gig!"

We were all left stunned. Initially I thought that he was joking but he confirmed a few times that he was totally serious.

:shocked::blink::shocked:

Something like that? :roftl:

By living room gig does it mean it will be at his house?:naughty:

Btw, they all bowed and he sat at his piano and started..Grace Kelly. I thought he would have started with something more quiet like Lady Jane but, apparently he warmed the crowd with something everybody knew, and it immediately got into a fair::, with everybody singin and all.

Then came the turn of Lady, Jane, Stuck in the Middle, etc... and we all knew the lyrics, everybody was singing (and screaming non sense::). Acoustic tour? I don't think so:

The best imo was Toy Boy: I'm completely in love with that song, and his performance of it and his facial expressions were priceless!! (Jemma, Babs: your laughing ended up in my videos! ROTFL) Love, love it!!

teeeheeee.. the whole official acoustic thing didn't last long, did it..? :naughty::roftl::teehee:

I was whooohooing a little at the beg. of sitm.. :blush-anim-cl:

I absolutely LOVED when he sings the line sleep with a boy too long, it's a serious thing.. etc and he goes.. :das: that was freakking hilarious! TB was indeed my highlight, with rain and sitm o.c. :wub2:

:shocked::blink::shocked:

Something like that? :roftl:

By living room gig does it mean it will be at his house?:naughty:

I was right in front of hima nd yes, he did say that and repeated it twice cause both sara and me asked if he was serious.. :blink:

Seriously...I'm gonna buy everything out of that store to get that gig:shocked:

i can't wait to have post gig depression :mf_rosetinted:

livingroom gig??? :lmao: he wouldn't fit in my livingroom. i say my backyard!!! :thumb_yello:

I absolutely LOVED when he sings the line sleep with a boy too long, it's a serious thing.. etc and he goes.. :das: that was freakking hilarious! TB was indeed my highlight, with rain and sitm o.c. :wub2:

Exactly! I was giggling like an idiot all the time:naughty: