Mika @ Milan, Italy - June 6, 2009 - gig report, photos and videos

guylainem123

Mellody, you were lucky to meet him at the airport, I'm so happy for you :huglove: Thanks for sharing a room. It all went so well :thumb_yello:

There was a little bit chaos after the gig, but he chatted with us for a long time. I think he said there are secret gigs in September (and the main tour will be later). But I was so excited after the gig that I cannot be sure :naughty: I hope so much we can see him again in September.

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a little bit chaos after the gig, but he chatted with us for a long time. I think he said there are secret gigs in September (and the main tour will be later). But I was so excited after the gig that I cannot be sure :naughty: I hope so much we can see him again in September.

Thanks for your great report Mellody!!

What I understood from the gig in Brussels, was that he would be back in September, and that the tour would be in fall/winter. Though, no idea about what he will be doing in september.

one thing I found funny was when it'd have been our turn to speak to him (after the gig) and people kept jumping into convo from behind.. a guy with english accent told him I'm.. and I tweet with you often! and he said in a clearly honest way, I'm SO tired of tweeting!, which I found just hilarious. :naughty:

Chinese whispers again :roftl:, in fact he said "I'm sick of twitter" but he was laughing, and as he tweeted only an hour later I didn't take it too seriously :naughty:

Thank you very much for all the reports !!!

Mellody, your "airport story" is sooo nice !! how lovely is that... :wub2:

now, about what he said to us in the queue... sara mentioned sth about secret gigs in sept, but i didn't understand it that way... i think he just said there will be sth special in sept, and it's still a secret, and the tour will not be in sept but later. did i understand that wrong? :blink: what did the others who were there hear? or maybe someone filmed it, so we can listen again? anyway, i asked him "so you'll be back in september - for a tour?" and he said, "no, the tour is later" and then what i said before. and because he mentioned secret, i asked whether it'd have to do anything with the magic numbers/secret codes, then he first started to tell it, stopped again, and then sara (i think?) told him he already started telling us, so he couldn't stop now... *g* and so he told us that it will be like virtual money, for which you can buy real things. including a private gig in your living room, but of course that will cost a lot of points.

I like the idea of codes, and virtual money you'll use to buy some stuffs !

But for the bold part, maybe he was joking ? even if he seemed serious !

one thing I found funny was when it'd have been our turn to speak to him (after the gig) and people kept jumping into convo from behind.. a guy with english accent told him I'm.. and I tweet with you often! and he said in a clearly honest way, I'm SO tired of tweeting!, which I found just hilarious.

:roftl::roftl::roftl: I so love that guy ! :thumb_yello:

It'd be so priceless to get a vid from that ! :naughty:

Chinese whispers again :roftl:, in fact he said "I'm sick of twitter" but he was laughing, and as he tweeted only an hour later I didn't take it too seriously :naughty:

I dunno chinese, perhaps that's why.. :fisch::roftl::teehee:

I dunno, I think he's taking it like a job now. :wink2: but the tweet he posted with the thank yous was super sweet.

I am positive that he said that he'll be doing secret gigs around September. He said it very clearly. He also said that the tour would be later, as you already mentioned. I think that maybe it was another case of him blabbing away and telling us stuff that he may have not meant to be talking about quite yet? :roftl:

I think that probably is the case yeah :teehee:

Thanks for the great reports/pics and vids everyone!:thumb_yello:

Yay, finally some reports :punk:

I really regret not being there. It sounds like it was amazing. It seems that each gig of this little tour gets better and better, so London will probably be even more amazing!

I don't know if I should believe him about the whole gig-in-your-livingroom thing...

It might be one of those things that just never formulates. Or he's just a good liar :naughty:

I would love him to play at my house, but not inside. Way too embarrassing 'cause I have animals and therefore my house stinks, so he would have to play outside :naughty::teehee:

Thank you to whoever's been updating the first post with all the reports/pics/vids :flowers2:

one thing I found funny was when it'd have been our turn to speak to him (after the gig) and people kept jumping into convo from behind.. a guy with english accent told him I'm.. and I tweet with you often! and he said in a clearly honest way, I'm SO tired of tweeting!, which I found just hilarious. :naughty:

Noooooo!:roftl:

Edited by Fmbm

I like the idea of codes, and virtual money you'll use to buy some stuffs !

But for the bold part, maybe he was joking ? even if he seemed serious !

No, he was definitely very serious.

I dunno chinese, perhaps that's why.. :fisch::roftl::teehee:

I dunno, I think he's taking it like a job now. :wink2: but the tweet he posted with the thank yous was super sweet.

:naughty: I think that he was still going on about the moaning. But the fact that he tweeted something a bit later and that it was so heartfelt, makes me think that he was joking a bit.

I'm sure that the day that he really gets sick of twitter (if that happens) he will just stop using it, that's all.

i'm very proud about our lunch...

very simple...

but a so great table full of internationals and italians fans, all togheter :gathering:

it is a good way to do a queue... :cheers:

and.. all the venues should be employ Robertina as queue manager :king:

Text message from Mana:

Goedemorgen! Milan was incredible. I had tons of room to dance, and took full advantage of it! M gestured for me to starta lollipop stage invasion! And yes, I saw team M @ airport. Only talked to John: M was late and nearly missed his flight. After encore I reached up and M leaned down so I could put my flashing heart necklace on him!!

I'm so glad for her, she is so sweet :wub2:

Oh my god :fangurl:

i'm very proud about our lunch...

very simple...

but a so great table full of internationals and italians fans, all togheter :gathering:

it is a good way to do a queue... :cheers:

and.. all the venues should be employ Robertina as queue manager :king:

she was absolutely great! kudos to her and I told her in person the very same night.

I'm not sure how she enjoyed the day, as it turned out to be a real work for her, but i know MFC is a mission for her and not only, and so I'm sure she managed to have a good day anyway. :wink2:

Thank you all so much for the reports, I enjoyed every single one. I've been so anxious this week. After Berlin I thought that the London gig was so near, just a week, but every single day seems like forever. Your reports made it easier so thank you! :wub2:

And the living room thing, oh my, what an amazing idea! And what an amazing way to make sure people buy loads of things from you :naughty:

I have mixed feelings about September secret gigs. It's the only month this year that I won't be able to go anywhere to see Mika and it saddens me to think of the things I'll miss out on. But on the other hand MFC has done wonders to my selfishness and I can't help but be happy for the people who will see him then. I'm sure it's gonna be special :wub2:

one word....

:hypo::hypo: MIKATASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woot_jump:

can't wait for more!!!

wagawagawaga....:pbjt:

oh, yuls, that was you!! :aah: I'm glad you made it to here so soon! it's been a grand night, eh? :teehee:

did ya make it to the metro all right?

I'm red head avoca :wink2:

oh, yuls, that was you!! :aah: I'm glad you made it to here so soon! it's been a grand night, eh? :teehee:

did ya make it to the metro all right?

I'm red head avoca :wink2:

I think that she was calling you a different name :naughty: Starting with a C...

Thanks to everybody for the reports/pics/vids. Sounds like the first gigs were a warm-up and his in full gear now!:thumb_yello:

You know, I've never been to a Mika gig, so my experience is based on watching endless hours of YT vids, and in this tour he seems more in command than ever. He totally owns the stage and is in synch with his band. A real pleasure to watch.:wub2:

Thanks for your great report Mellody!!

What I understood from the gig in Brussels, was that he would be back in September, and that the tour would be in fall/winter. Though, no idea about what he will be doing in september.

At the end of the gig he told us "see you in september", but later on I heard him tell one of the other fans that he will be back in the winter for another tour ...

I really hope he will announce whatever I will be doing in september on time, because it's a busy month.

Mirtilla, thank you sooo much for yr report, vids and pics!!

It was very nice to meet you in person, hope I'll have the opportunity to see all of you again soon! :wub2:

What impressed me most of the gig was that I was able to feel him: his joy and his pain and couldn't stand still;

I was particularly blown away by SITM and MI :tears: and loved the way he played the old songs :wub2:

Oh and I was craving to sing at him : Love love you! love love you! during Love today!!

Edited by mari62

The gig was FANTASTIC! I'm so happy for it, it was real blast, seriously!

-the queue was extremely well directed thanks to robertina and Dani56 as Robi-help! :thumb_yello:

-the theatre was very small and offered a great view from every places (I was in the 3rd row central and it was like being on stage with the band!)

-Blue Roses were amazing, really talented those girls!

-Mika was great!

First of all as a performer, I mean stage presence and all, he's so expressive in every gesture and gives such emphasis to every single word when he sings, I love it!

Second of all, it was great to see him SO excited for the gig itself and the feeling we had with him and he got with us.

-The new songs and the review of the old ones are great performed live...(I LOVED Stuck In The Middle, the Big Girl-dancing bit and Toy Boy played with the celesta)

-The back vocal singers (Mika's friends) are veeeery good and the girl is SO pretty!

Some consideration: it is NOT actually a REAL acoustic gig (as HE also said after we jumped and screamed as hell in few songs while he was jumping on that poor piano! He said something like: "It was supposed to be an acoustic gig *makes a funny face*...that's what we told to the theatre staff").

They still have to have some more rehearsals for thec stuff :naughty:

Eventually I want to send a big hug again to all the MFCers (and new acquired one...Yuls!) I met yesterday, you're special, every one of you, and that's why, after all, spend an almost entire day queueing is not so boring, at all! And above all the show is EVEN MORE enjoyable! :biggrin2:

Mirtilla, thank you sooo much for yr report, vids and pics!!

:shocked: *Must have missed Mirtilla's report! Combs through thread to find Mirtilla's report*

:shocked: *Must have missed Mirtilla's report! Combs through thread to find Mirtilla's report*

:shocked:

Can't catch up with all of this right now.. Will do as soon as I get back!

you'll find all the links in the first post :wink2:

Thanks mods!!