Mika @ Milan, Italy - June 6, 2009 - gig report, photos and videos

guylainem123

livingroom gig??? :lmao: he wouldn't fit in my livingroom. i say my backyard!!! :thumb_yello:

:roftl:

It would be ok here .. only him though, and maybe Martin and/or Dan .. Can't see how a drum would fit in here :blink::roftl: But I do have a piano? :mf_rosetinted:

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i can't wait to have post gig depression :mf_rosetinted:

livingroom gig??? :lmao: he wouldn't fit in my livingroom. i say my backyard!!! :thumb_yello:

Oh yeaash...Barbecue and all that...ofcourse fish for the man himself:mf_rosetinted:

Ok,posting quickly from the bus on the way from Stansted to London with Mana. We will both try and post properly later.

In short:this was the best gig ever! Beat my best to date, Toronto and LA by far. This was just incredible. He was SO connected and on total fire. Happy is an understatement to express how he looked. He was having a total blast, and so were we. We were going nuts, and Mana and I were bouncing like maniacs at the front, basking in the phenomenal interaction that we were experiencing.

The stage was almost at our ankle level, so there was really no distance. We sat for the slow songs and jumped up at his request for the fast ones. It was just frantic, beautiful, manic and unbelievable. I've never felt so alive at a Mika gig and he seemed to feel similarly.

It felt as if he was focusing on the music and the audience as opposed to the "show",which was my personal gripe with the last tour... We got TONS of eve contact,to the extent that it felt like we were getting a private performance. It was just unbelievable.

At one point during Lollipop he beckoned me/us to come on stage whilst he was singing standing on the piano, but I hesitated so next thing I see he's jumped off the piano and is still coming in my direction gesturing "come!" so I thought oh well, there we go then, and just went up. A few seconds later the stage was full of people and it was a blast.

Some (morons, IMO) grabbed his legs while he was on the piano, and i thought that it would get tricky,but somehow he managed to move away and everything went ok.

He did an unbelievable OMS and acoustic relax,which gave me goosebums. Why he doesn't feel that he can do that song acoustically baffles me. It's gotta be one of his most heartfelt and stunning live songs! He's a total gem.

Happy Ending with Ida was fantastic. She was great,and seemed really nice. The band were all having a great time being silly on stage,and I get the feeling that Dan fits in in a way that Mickey never did.

He has this incredible stage presence teamed with a super down to earth approach which really seems to work, and the chemistry that he has with Mika and Martin is unmistakeable.

To finish for now,we did meet him before the gig and after, when he signed the flag and chatted to us for a short while about his ideas for the codes. I'll go into details later but he said that he'd do tons of stuff from september including secret gigs,etc.

He was happy and excited. I told him that I adored LJ and he was relieved that I said that,as he thought that I'd say that it was "totally sucking".

The meet was cut slightly short after he spoke with us because people were being rude and not following security instructions. To be continued.

I’m so happy for you!:wub2:

I hope this made it up for the semi-good Berlin gig!

Forgot to mention that when we were chatting after the gig someone asked him what the codes were for. He said that it was some form of system where one collects points with every thing that they buy or do, and can then use that "cash" to get or sort of buy special things.

As a joke i asked "what,like private gigs?" and he went serious and said "yes,there will be ONE private gig,a living room gig!"

We were all left stunned. Initially I thought that he was joking but he confirmed a few times that he was totally serious.

WHAT?:shocked:

And the next question: Whose living room? I hope it’s his!:biggrin2:

Hi everyone :bye: I'm on my way to home and waiting at the airport. What can I say about the gig last night. It was AMAZING!!!! He looked so happy, so relaxed, so on fire, I don't know how to describe it.

I think I enjoyed quiet songs more in Berlin (because it was a church, and it was more peaceful and no screaming), but I still think this one in Milan was the best gig I can imagine. I'm so happy I decided to go there.

Here are a few of my pictures:

http://s650.photobucket.com/albums/uu226/tibsu/Milan/

I like the last one with the band. The new guy, Dan, is awesome, he is so good, I just love him already :biggrin2: I have also a few videos, I have to check them at home. I filmed Toyboy and a few other songs. I hope someone has Love Today. I don't have that one, because I danced during that song. I guess I had a few fangirl moments too. I have never before danced like that in a front row :blush-anim-cl:

I want to thank you Robi for all her hard work, and thanks to everyone I met in Milan. It was such a pleasure!

Edited by tiibet

Come back from Milan few minutes ago!

Wow, I'm still on clouds!The gig was AMAZING, we were all "connected" and Mika was really happy about that!He asked us to sing more than once.

Finally, my dream came true: I listened Relax acoustic....I love that song and I couldn't believe he sang it :wub2::wub2:

I want to thank all the MFC people I met there (YOU ROCK!!!) and Robi for the organization!Everything went smooth....except after the gig when some dumb people make Mika go away :sneaky2:

But in the end I can say...I LOVE acoustic gigs...are the best ever!!!!

Aww, so nice to hear people are having such a wonderful time in this tour! :biggrin2: I can't believe I'm studying those nights away for the exams... One tomorrow... :boxed:

Anyway, go you and waiting for more pics and other stuff. :thumb_yello:

P.S. Since I haven't been a frequent guest in MFC recently (due to exams), could someone explain me the "I was #xx in a queue" thing... :blush-anim-cl: Did you buy tix the same day or were you entering the venue in such organised queue? :blink:

Hi everyone :bye: I'm on my way to home and waiting at the airport. What can I say about the gig last night. It was AMAZING!!!! He looked so happy, so relaxed, so on fire, I don't know how to describe it.

I think I enjoyed quiet songs more in Berlin (because it was a church, and it was more peaceful and no screaming), but I still think this one in Milan was the best gig I can imagine. I'm so happy I decided to go there.

I like the last one with the band. The new guy, Dan, is awesome, he is so good, I just love him already :biggrin2: I have also a few videos, I have to check them at home. I filmed Toyboy and a few other songs. I hope someone has Love Today. I don't have that one, because I danced during that song. I guess I had a few fangirl moments too. I have never before danced like that in a front row :blush-anim-cl:

I want to thank you Robi for all her hard work, and thanks to everyone I met in Milan. It was such a pleasure!

Thanks, tiibet :huglove: Those are fantastic :wub2:

Aww' date=' so nice to hear people are having [i']such[/i] a wonderful time in this tour! :biggrin2: I can't believe I'm studying those nights away for the exams... One tomorrow... :boxed:

P.S. Since I haven't been a frequent guest in MFC recently (due to exams), could someone explain me the "I was #xx in a queue" thing... :blush-anim-cl: Did you buy tix the same day or were you entering the venue in such organised queue? :blink:

some avenues do not have designated seating. so it's first arrived first choice of seat once you get in. :wink2:

Nice pictures Tiibet!:thumb_yello:

Aww' date=' so nice to hear people are having [i']such[/i] a wonderful time in this tour! :biggrin2: I can't believe I'm studying those nights away for the exams... One tomorrow... :boxed:

When you arrive to the venue you got a number written on your hand, that is your place in the queue!

When you arrive to the venue you got a number written on your hand, that is your place in the queue!

I still have mine "tattoed" on my hand.. cannot seem able to wash it off.. maybe I'm not even sure I want to. :blush-anim-cl:

god, going all fangurly again.. :teehee:

I still have mine "tattoed" on my hand.. cannot seem able to wash it off.. maybe I'm not even sure I want to. :blush-anim-cl:

god, going all fangurly again.. :teehee:

It's makes me really happy to hear that, especially as I remember how hard it was for you a little time ago when we first heard his new songs!:thumb_yello::wub2:

some avenues do not have designated seating. so it's first arrived first choice of seat once you get in. :wink2:

Oh, got that. Thank you. :wink2:

Forgot to mention that when we were chatting after the gig someone asked him what the codes were for. He said that it was some form of system where one collects points with every thing that they buy or do, and can then use that "cash" to get or sort of buy special things.

As a joke i asked "what,like private gigs?" and he went serious and said "yes,there will be ONE private gig,a living room gig!"

We were all left stunned. Initially I thought that he was joking but he confirmed a few times that he was totally serious.

Oh that would be the one in Christine's living room, eh?? The one with tea and scones?:roftl:

I am amazed that after being out all day there is still not much to be found on the web from this gig. Thanks for all the amazing reports and vids and photos so far from MFCers. Thank goodness we have all of you, or we would go crazy not knowing what happened!!

I found some nice pics here:

3603639000_d9a11efbce_m.jpg

3602825595_0b379f61b3_m.jpg

3603637648_58dbb6a842_m.jpg

It's makes me really happy to hear that, especially as I remember how hard it was for you a little time ago when we first heard his new songs!:thumb_yello::wub2:

hehe, true. I was very let down at first.

everyone kept teasing me at the gig: you still don't like songs,eh..? :naughty::blush-anim-cl::teehee:

thanks for the beautiful pics, everyone and also BS. it must be one of the photographers on the right side of stage.

they behaved during this gig, as far as I could see at least.

ok, i see that you all were very fast with your reports, i quickly scanned through the front page links, and decided that i'll focus on what he said after the show, cause there haven't been said much about that yet.

but first of all, very special thanx go to...

- ROBI - you were a hero yesterday! i never thought crazy italian fangirls could behave so well like they did for the queuing. :naughty: and all thanx to you! so sorry that you didn't get a chance to meet mika after the show, you really would've deserved it!! :huglove:

- allegra, thanx for all the milan info and the "survival kit" - it really helped us!

- tiibet, i was lucky to have you as my roommate, we wanted to get up and sleep always at the same time, couldn't be more perfect. :biggrin2: hope you had a great sightseeing day today+have fun in paris!

now, about what he said to us in the queue... sara mentioned sth about secret gigs in sept, but i didn't understand it that way... i think he just said there will be sth special in sept, and it's still a secret, and the tour will not be in sept but later. did i understand that wrong? :blink: what did the others who were there hear? or maybe someone filmed it, so we can listen again? anyway, i asked him "so you'll be back in september - for a tour?" and he said, "no, the tour is later" and then what i said before. and because he mentioned secret, i asked whether it'd have to do anything with the magic numbers/secret codes, then he first started to tell it, stopped again, and then sara (i think?) told him he already started telling us, so he couldn't stop now... *g* and so he told us that it will be like virtual money, for which you can buy real things. including a private gig in your living room, but of course that will cost a lot of points.

today i met him again at the airport. i was on the way to my check-in-terminal (that self-check-in thing), when i saw john standing at the counter next to it. i just went to check-in, but of course was looking around... and there behind me walked mika. i said "mika..." and when he looked said hi+waved, so did he and went to john. i got back to checking in, when mika started talking to me again across the barrier thing that was between the check-in-terminal and the counter. he asked me "how are you" and "where you're going back to" - so i told him i'd go home to munich and unfortunately couldn't come to any other shows due to work. he thanked me that i've been to the 2 shows, and then i asked about september again... as i said, i hadn't understood that he'd said gigs, so i asked, if it's not a tour, will it still be possible to see him in sept, and he said, he doesn't know, and sth like there's nothing planned for sure yet. later when we said goodbye, he said "maybe see you in september".

i also told him i liked his new songs, and most of all good gone girl, and he seemed surprised by that. after talking a bit, he went to his counter, and i finally got to finish my check-in. :naughty: then i had to drop off my luggage, and for that had to go to the same counter where john, mika, mrs p. and andy stood, as it was the self-check-in-baggage-drop-off-counter. so i queued behind them (it was only them+me at that counter), and felt a bit weird, standing there+watching mika+his mum trying to get an umbrella into a cardboard box. :naughty: oh yeah, andy said hi to, and told me he was tired, that it hit him today. i wonder why, i didn't see him filming at all yesterday... :naughty: anyway, when they left, mika came to me again and said "have a safe flight" and "maybe see you in september".

it was just lovely to meet him again today, especially since it was so mad yesterday after the show (though i can't complain really, as he stopped at our place for the longest time in the whole queue i think).

awww.. what a nice story, mellody! and so lucky to bump into him at the airport. that's very nice. :wub2:

I am positive I heard what sara heard about doing not a tour, but secret gigs in sept. and not wanting to say more. and he also explained the whole collecting points stuff.

I DO hope he just doesn't want to expose himself too much but he IS going to perform someway in sept. so we don't have to wait all the way to march, as announced in that interview.

it's the only thought that's cheering me up at the moment.. it'd be awful if he didn't.

sorry for me being dramatic, but I'm having some post gig depression already, pls bear with me. :boxed::blush-anim-cl:

ok, i see that you all were very fast with your reports, i quickly scanned through the front page links, and decided that i'll focus on what he said after the show, cause there haven't been said much about that yet.

- ROBI - you were a hero yesterday! i never thought crazy italian fangirls could behave so well like they did for the queuing. :naughty: and all thanx to you! so sorry that you didn't get a chance to meet mika after the show, you really would've deserved it!! :huglove:

- allegra, thanx for all the milan info and the "survival kit" - it really helped us!

- tiibet, i was lucky to have you as my roommate, we wanted to get up and sleep always at the same time, couldn't be more perfect. :biggrin2: hope you had a great sightseeing day today+have fun in paris!

now, about what he said to us in the queue... sara mentioned sth about secret gigs in sept, but i didn't understand it that way... i think he just said there will be sth special in sept, and it's still a secret, and the tour will not be in sept but later. did i understand that wrong? :blink: what did the others who were there hear? or maybe someone filmed it, so we can listen again? anyway, i asked him "so you'll be back in september - for a tour?" and he said, "no, the tour is later" and then what i said before. and because he mentioned secret, i asked whether it'd have to do anything with the magic numbers/secret codes, then he first started to tell it, stopped again, and then sara (i think?) told him he already started telling us, so he couldn't stop now... *g* and so he told us that it will be like virtual money, for which you can buy real things. including a private gig in your living room, but of course that will cost a lot of points.

today i met him again at the airport. i was on the way to my check-in-terminal (that self-check-in thing), when i saw john standing at the counter next to it. i just went to check-in, but of course was looking around... and there behind me walked mika. i said "mika..." and when he looked said hi+waved, so did he and went to john. i got back to checking in, when mika started talking to me again across the barrier thing that was between the check-in-terminal and the counter. he asked me "how are you" and "where you're going back to" - so i told him i'd go home to munich and unfortunately couldn't come to any other shows due to work. he thanked me that i've been to the 2 shows, and then i asked about september again... as i said, i hadn't understood that he'd said gigs, so i asked, if it's not a tour, will it still be possible to see him in sept, and he said, he doesn't know, and sth like there's nothing planned for sure yet. later when we said goodbye, he said "maybe see you in september".

i also told him i liked his new songs, and most of all good gone girl, and he seemed surprised by that. after talking a bit, he went to his counter, and i finally got to finish my check-in. then i had to drop off my luggage, and for that had to go to the same counter where john, mika, mrs p. and andy stood, as it was the self-check-in-baggage-drop-off-counter. so i queued behind them (it was only them+me at that counter), and felt a bit weird, standing there+watching mika+his mum trying to get an umbrella into a cardboard box. : oh yeah, andy said hi to, and told me he was tired, that it hit him today. i wonder why, i didn't see him filming at all yesterday... anyway, when they left, mika came to me again and said "have a safe flight" and "maybe see you in september".

it was just lovely to meet him again today, especially since it was so mad yesterday after the show (though i can't complain really, as he stopped at our place for the longest time in the whole queue i think).

- ROBI - you were a hero yesterday! i never thought crazy italian fangirls could behave so well like they did for the queuing. :naughty: and all thanx to you! so sorry that you didn't get a chance to meet mika after the show, you really would've deserved it!!

- tiibet, i was lucky to have you as my roommate, we wanted to get up and sleep always at the same time, couldn't be more perfect. hope you had a great sightseeing day today+have fun in paris!

i also told him i liked his new songs, and most of all good gone girl, and he seemed surprised by that. after talking a bit, he went to his counter, and i finally got to finish my check-in. :naughty: then i had to drop off my luggage, and for that had to go to the same counter where john, mika, mrs p. and andy stood, as it was the self-check-in-baggage-drop-off-counter. so i queued behind them (it was only them+me at that counter), and felt a bit weird, standing there+watching mika+his mum trying to get an umbrella into a cardboard box. :naughty: oh yeah, andy said hi to, and told me he was tired, that it hit him today. i wonder why, i didn't see him filming at all yesterday... :naughty: anyway, when they left, mika came to me again and said "have a safe flight" and "maybe see you in september".

Wow. Thanks for sharing! People meeting Mika in train stations (Mana) and airports. :naughty: Didn't you already bump into Mika at the aiport last year too? :teehee:

Oh wow, I'm so excited for you all!! It soounds amaaaaazing!!!! :punk: I wiiiish I'd been there! How cool!

Whooooaaaa........whoooaaaa.....I can't say anything else! lol. :woot_jump:

In another forum I'm on we get points for commenting other people, for adding friends, for posting blogs and for buying things...they haven't yet told us what they're for, but I imagine on MS it'll be a similar system....

now, about what he said to us in the queue... sara mentioned sth about secret gigs in sept, but i didn't understand it that way... i think he just said there will be sth special in sept, and it's still a secret, and the tour will not be in sept but later. did i understand that wrong? :blink:

I am positive that he said that he'll be doing secret gigs around September. He said it very clearly. He also said that the tour would be later, as you already mentioned. I think that maybe it was another case of him blabbing away and telling us stuff that he may have not meant to be talking about quite yet? :roftl:

what did the others who were there hear? or maybe someone filmed it, so we can listen again? anyway, i asked him "so you'll be back in september - for a tour?" and he said, "no, the tour is later" and then what i said before. and because he mentioned secret, i asked whether it'd have to do anything with the magic numbers/secret codes, then he first started to tell it, stopped again, and then sara (i think?) told him he already started telling us, so he couldn't stop now... *g* and so he told us that it will be like virtual money, for which you can buy real things. including a private gig in your living room, but of course that will cost a lot of points.

Yes, it was me who said that. He started telling us and then he stopped saying that he couldn't really speak about it yet, so I said that it wasn't fair that he'd started and then stopped and he just told us the story then :naughty:.

About your airport meeting: how cool, and how funny. Mika keeps stalking his fans, it's getting a bit tiresome, hahaha. :biggrin2:

one thing I found funny was when it'd have been our turn to speak to him (after the gig) and people kept jumping into convo from behind.. a guy with english accent told him I'm.. and I tweet with you often! and he said in a clearly honest way, I'm SO tired of tweeting!, which I found just hilarious. :naughty: