Mika @ Milan, Italy - June 6, 2009 - gig report, photos and videos

guylainem123

So, to make it clear, even though I probably won't make the first move due to my origin and the 'at arm's length' approach linked to it, feel free to hug and kiss me as much as you like. :wub2: That goes for you too, Mika. :lmfao: I won't mind, really.

:roftl:

Nice try

*pops in*

I was a bit confused when Monie kissed me three times in London:lmfao: But didn't mind it at all! It was a bit embarassing because after the first two kisses I was going away already

It's ok, these things happen to me all the time...I move in for the kiss and the other person either is a hugger, or they do different amounts of kisses, so I end up kissing their ear, or the air, or some other embarassing thing :naughty:

back to hand shaking....i'm always confused when ppl shake hands without strength, with a dead hand, it seems i'm touching a dead person!

i like firm hand shaking, according to me it's a sign of being willing to be involved in the contact.

now i'm wondering whether this feeble way of shaking hands is a cultural thing too...any help?

I don't think that it's cultural per se...I usually find that it has more to do with the personality of the hand shaker. I am not a big hand shaker, but if I do it I like a good, firm one like what you described; None of this limp fish business :aah:

In my mind, the handhsake exemplifies the strength of character, and if it's weak, their personality will also be. This may be extreme, but I can't help thinking that way :blush-anim-cl:.

But handshakes... don’t you use it when you formally greats a person, like your boyfriends parents when you meet them for the first time :blink:for example, or do you jump right in to the kissing?:wink2:

No, in Spain the kissing is standard for everyone, when greeting someone that you know or even with the first introduction. Men don't kiss eachother though, this only works between men/women and women/women.

Ok, men can kiss sometimes, but only if they are veeery close family, like brothers, and even so it's not very common.

The only exceptions to the kissing habit would be in the work or business environment, and even there sometimes people tend to do the kissing rather than the hand shaking.

Having said this, the kissing that goes on in these "social" situations is very light, and often the lips don't even really touch the other person's face, it's more like the cheeks rub and the lips hardly rub the surface. It's a defnite skill that you learn :biggrin2: and I can imagine someone's shock if they were to receive a pretty "full" kiss from someone who wasn't versed in the detail of it, that would be quite funny.

I know what you mean it’s horrible when someone gives you dead hand,(we call it shake hands like a dead fish:roftl:) and there’s even those how tries to squeeze your hand in absurdum!

We even sometimes describe a person’s character based on how they shake your hand. Firm, but not hard, and don’t forget to look the person in the eyes, it’s the ideal!:biggrin2:

Yep, you described it perfectly. That is what I also find.

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

totally agree! and when it's M in person...then you can die happy! :roftl:

to recap - italian way

when we first meet someone, we just shake hands (not as dead fish possibly!)

when we meet friends and family (ppl we love) we hug and kiss in both cheeks

there may be different grades between those two...depending on how much love runs between the partecipants :naughty:

Yeah, that's what I've found, though it does depend on the person, you Italians are so friendly :wub2: Though all the kissing takes some time for us cold Brits to get used to :naughty:

I'm glad nobody tried the 'you hottie' trick with me while I was staying in France. It's a pity when you have to kill people. :mf_rosetinted:

You're not supposed to kill people unless they have brushed your cheek with their lips :shocked: . If it's one smacky kiss, you are expected to pretend you didn't notice :fisch:... very tricky etiquette, the French one :confused: !

Anyway, if the cheek brushing person is a hottie too, you may not feel that murderous :wub2: .

Cheers,

Id3

back to hand shaking....i'm always confused when ppl shake hands without strength, with a dead hand, it seems i'm touching a dead person!

i like firm hand shaking, according to me it's a sign of being willing to be involved in the contact.

how bad this english sentence could be?:blink:

i hope i've made myself understood.

now i'm wondering whether this feeble way of shaking hands is a cultural thing too...any help?:blink:

Nope, probably psychological. It feels kind of reluctant though, not very friendly :sneaky2: .

Talking about handshakes... we French tend to do it a lot but I have learnt to avoid it in Britain because I was tired of seeing Brits look at me, obviously puzzled and thinking : 'FFS, why is the stupid Frog shaking my hand... we haven't signed a treatise :confused: !'.

Cheers,

Id3

people tend to do the kissing rather than the hand shaking.

Having said this, the kissing that goes on in these "social" situations is very light, and often the lips don't even really touch the other person's face, it's more like the cheeks rub and the lips hardly rub the surface. It's a defnite skill that you learn :biggrin2: and I can imagine someone's shock if they were to receive a pretty "full" kiss from someone who wasn't versed in the detail of it, that would be quite funny.

[/color]

/.[/color]

That's air kissing, devised by women to avoid putting lipstick and make up and stuff on the other person's cheeks, I suppose :naughty: ...

A very good lady friend of mine practises the OMG I have turned my head at the wrong moment, I am so sorry I kissed your lips, hope you don't mind dear kiss... but that's another issue :blush-anim-cl: ... She's rather hot too so I don't suppose straight men much resent her little trick :wub2: .

Cheers,

Id3

Nice try

It's ok, these things happen to me all the time...I move in for the kiss and the other person either is a hugger, or they do different amounts of kisses, so I end up kissing their ear, or the air, or some other embarassing thing :naughty:

I don't think that it's cultural per se...I usually find that it has more to do with the personality of the hand shaker. I am not a big hand shaker, but if I do it I like a good, firm one like what you described; None of this limp fish business :aah:

In my mind, the handhsake exemplifies the strength of character, and if it's weak, their personality will also be. This may be extreme, but I can't help thinking that way :blush-anim-cl:.

No, in Spain the kissing is standard for everyone, when greeting someone that you know or even with the first introduction. Men don't kiss eachother though, this only works between men/women and women/women.

Ok, men can kiss sometimes, but only if they are veeery close family, like brothers, and even so it's not very common.

The only exceptions to the kissing habit would be in the work or business environment, and even there sometimes people tend to do the kissing rather than the hand shaking.

Yep, you described it perfectly. That is what I also find.

:roftl: I always mess up the first impressions.:naughty:

I haate that light type of kissing... Most people around here that don't touch eachother's cheeks and just do the sound are interpreted as posh, mainly:roftl: But yeah it's the same here when it comes to men/men kissing eachother in the cheek. They shake hands instead. But if it's men/woman they do kiss:aah:

I'm really bad at giving handshakes and people just don't take me THAT seriously to give me a handshake... I'd probably be one of the persons who do the dead fish thing!

And it's so ridiculous when you're about to kiss someone in the cheek and the person was going to kiss you in the cheek too, in the same direction as you, and then you're confused, trying to shift away from the person's lips, onto the cheek but the person goes in that direction too and then you're there, looking at each other embarassed and give up on greeting each other that way:lmfao:

Edited by Neiobi

• 2 weeks later...

Well guys,it's my turn now!!

I won't write the report of all the concert.

I just want to say it was the first Mika gig for me,and it has been fantastic.

I'll tell you what happened to me after the show.

Well,you've to know I'm a blind girl,so something is different for me in life...for example the way I use my pc...so excuse me if I'll mess around in here sometimes.

Well,after the show we went outside the theatre:we wanted to wait for Mika.

Before he arrived,my dad went near the "bodyguard" (do you remember that man outside the theatre?Hahahahahaha!) and told something to him (don't know what he told and don't want to know that...he knows I don't want him to do it,grrrr!!).

Then Mika came out.

There were other fans before me.

Then my turn.

Mika came and said "ciao!" taking my hands.Well,I was already going to die...hahahaha!!

Then I took a particular thing where he'd have to sign (maybe I'll explain what is it in another thread,not here).

I explained him:"you have to press strong when you write here,or I won't be able to feel what you write".And Mika:"ok,so I have to press strong?".I:"Yes".

He asked me "what's your name?""I answered "Alice" (all I learnt about English in ten years went away in a while).HE COULDN'T WRITE MY NAME!!Awwwww,cute...in fact he said "A,l...?" and John (is this his name?) the manager,had to help him,saying "I,c,e"."Did you like the show?" asked Mika,and I answered "yeah,I loved it".

A while after,he finished writing,and he gave the paper back to me.I gave it to Camilla,asking "can you hold this for a while please?".He said yes and held it,so I went near Mika and asked:"can I...?" I couldn't find the word to say it in that moment,but I went near him and hugged him.

It was fantastic.He was laughing (I don't know why,maybe I was funny...hahah).

I left him,thinking it was time for him to stay with the other fans...but my dream hasn't finished,because he asked me:"how do you know what I look like?".I,probably already thinking about what I was going through,answered:"well,someone told me..."

I hadn't time to finish saying that,because I felt two hands taking my hands...they were Mika's hands.

In a while my right hand was on Mika's face,and the left in his HAIR!!YAAAAAAAAYYY!!

I couldn't control my hands,so,for fear of hurting him,I took my right hand off his face and put it in his hair.Then I started touching it like when you touch the cutest cat on Earth...

I took my hands off his hair,then I explained him that doing what he wanted me to do usually embarrasses him...then it was time to go and stay with other fans for him...so I hugged him (I hope not) for the last time,said bye bye and let him stay with other fans...

some minute later,I was hugging my dad and crying,because I couldn't believe my sweetest dream ever has come true when I wasn't really hoping any more.

THE EEEEEEEEEEEEND!!

Edited by Aliciuzza.uzza.uzza.

Well,you've to know I'm a blind girl,so something is different for me in life...for example the way I use my pc...so excuse me if I'll mess around in here sometimes.

Before he arrived,my dad went near the "bodyguard" (do you remember that man outside the theatre?Hahahahahaha!) and told something to him (don't know what he told and don't want to know that...he knows I don't want him to do it,grrrr!!).

Then Mika came out.

Then my turn.

Mika came and said "ciao!" taking my hands.Well,I was already going to die...hahahaha!!

Then I took a particular thing where he'd have to sign (maybe I'll explain what is it in another thread,not here).

I explained him:"you have to press strong when you write here,or I won't be able to feel what you write".And Mika:"ok,so I have to press strong?".I:"Yes".

He asked me "what's your name?""I answered "Alice" (all I learnt about English in ten years went away in a while).HE COULDN'T WRITE MY NAME!!Awwwww,cute...in fact he said "A,l...?" and John (is this his name?) the manager,had to help him,saying "I,c,e"."Did you like the show?" asked Mika,and I answered "yeah,I loved it".

A while after,he finished writing,and he gave the paper back to me.I gave it to Camilla,asking "can you hold this for a while please?".He said yes and held it,so I went near Mika and asked:"can I...?" I couldn't find the word to say it in that moment,but I went near him and hugged him.

I left him,thinking it was time for him to stay with the other fans...but my dream hasn't finished,because he asked me:"how do you know what I look like?".I,probably already thinking about what I was going through,answered:"well,someone told me..."

I hadn't time to finish saying that,because I felt two hands taking my hands...they were Mika's hands.

In a while my right hand was on Mika's face,and the left in his HAIR!!YAAAAAAAAYYY!!

I couldn't control my hands,so,for fear of hurting him,I took my right hand off his face and put it in his hair.Then I started touching it like when you touch the cutest cat on Earth...

I took my hands off his hair,then I explained him that doing what he wanted me to do usually embarrasses him...then it was time to go and stay with other fans for him...so I hugged him (I hope not) for the last time,said bye bye and let him stay with other fans...

some minute later,I was hugging my dad and crying,because I couldn't believe my sweetest dream ever has come true when I wasn't really hoping any more.

THE EEEEEEEEEEEEND!!

ahhhhh :wub2: that is the sweetest story i've ever heard. i'm glad he took the time to make your time meeting him so special. he is a nice person, isn't he?

Then Mika came out.

Then my turn.

THE EEEEEEEEEEEEND!!

Oh what a lovely story :wub2:

He really is a special guy .... glad he gave you such a special moment :huglove:

Just got it! Watched it! OMG :swoon:

His Italian is horrible, though. :roftl: I'm available for individual classes. :mf_rosetinted:

I'm in the video! :aah: Bloody filming pop tart! You shouldn't have! :sneaky2:

oh well...then you have something to tell him next friday :wink2:

Then Mika came out.

Then my turn.

THE EEEEEEEEEEEEND!!

Alicia, I just wanted to say that this story made my hair stand up. It's incredibly touching, and I can't tell you how happy I am for the experience that you had :wub2:.

If only I 'd know how to post a vid here why not?:boxed:

You can't post it here. It's an exclusive of Mikamusic. :sad:

Well, nothing stopping you from sending me a pm or email with the linkie :fisch:

I'd be forever grateful :naughty:.

I did sign up for the newsletter but obviously I missed today's vid, and I REALLY want to see them :aah:. He filmed us when we were waiting there so I can't not watch that vid now knowing that it's out there :wub2:.

If I email one of you my email addy maybe you can fwd me the email that you got from them?

I did sign up for the newsletter but obviously I missed today's vid, and I REALLY want to see them :aah:. He filmed us when we were waiting there so I can't not watch that vid now knowing that it's out there :wub2:.

If I email one of you my email addy maybe you can fwd me the email that you got from them?

:shocked: Calm down! :boxed:

sara...i think you'll receive the newsletter now!:naughty:

i'm sending you a pm

No problems for me too....I send you also a PM :biggrin2:

sara...i think you'll receive the newsletter now!:naughty:

i'm sending you a pm

I received a newsletter but there was no vid. I cannot understand a word of Italy. Where can I find a vid? Someone help, please :blush-anim-cl: