Mika @ Milan, Italy - June 6, 2009 - gig report, photos and videos

guylainem123

:roftl:

Aw, that must really have been a cultural crash for a 13 year old!:wub2:

It didn't cause permanent damage :roftl: By the end of those two weeks I was quite happily kissing everyone around all the time. :cheerful_h4h:

I'd really like to chat with Mika like that :original:

Who wouldn't? :wink2:

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It didn't cause permanent damage :roftl: By the end of those two weeks I was quite happily kissing everyone around all the time. :cheerful_h4h:

Well, I always seem to have to impose or "rob" kisses of you, so obviously the effect didn't last that long :sneaky2::aah:

Then you have no idea how it confuses me:roftl:as a Swedish person as we don’t kiss at all when greeting people! We either shake hands or if it’s a close friend or a family member we hug!

I really love the way a get so many kisses on the cheek when I meet people from southern countries:wub2: like most MFC members, I think it’s so cute and welcoming:wub2: but I’m scared to death to do something wrong so I just stand there as still as I possibly can and let the other person do all the kissing, feeling like a complete but very happy moron!:biggrin2:

It's similar in Finland, we shake hands or maybe hug :teehee: But I didn't mind being kissed, I thought it was lovely. I just didn't know what to do in that situation, is two times or three times etc. Someone said hi to my husband in Paris and kissed him, and he blushed and whispered me smiling "it got my first kiss!" :wub2:

It did to me. I spent one month kissing my pen friend's relatives. :sneaky2:

It's similar in Finland, we shake hands or maybe hug :teehee: But I didn't mind being kissed, I thought it was lovely. I just didn't know what to do in that situation, is two times or three times etc. Someone said hi to my husband in Paris and kissed him, and he blushed and whispered me smiling "it got my first kiss!" :wub2:

That's cute :biggrin2:

oh i love both kissing and hugging, so pls warn me in case you don't want me to!:blush-anim-cl:

and mika loves it too, i think, he's a 'touch' person, quite mediterranean in this.

Yes, he can get quite touchy sometimes :naughty:

oh i love both kissing and hugging, so pls warn me in case you don't want me to!:blush-anim-cl:

and mika loves it too, i think, he's a 'touch' person, quite mediterranean in this.

yeah yeah

We Mediterranean love a lot the contact with the other people!!

It is a thing of which we cannot do to of it less

How nice, MFC is becoming a workshop on cross-cultural behaviour.

So, to make it clear, even though I probably won't make the first move due to my origin and the 'at arm's length' approach linked to it, feel free to hug and kiss me as much as you like. :wub2: That goes for you too, Mika. :lmfao: I won't mind, really. :roftl:

*pops in*

I was a bit confused when Monie kissed me three times in London:lmfao: But didn't mind it at all! It was a bit embarassing because after the first two kisses I was going away already:roftl:

But everyone was pretty much welcoming, so much hugs! I'm glad most people don't care about acting so cosmo.:naughty: Hate giving handshakes:aah:

Then you have no idea how it confuses me:roftl:as a Swedish person as we don’t kiss at all when greeting people! We either shake hands or if it’s a close friend or a family member we hug

Same thing here in Canada - the kissing thing is unheard of. I had to make a mental note as I travelled from country to country how many kisses was standard! And apparently, in France, it can vary from 2 to 5 depending on how much you like the person? :teehee::roftl:

Here in Canada, there's a whole sub-etiquette to hugging; if you really like someone, you hug them closely. If you're just being polite, you do a very loose hug thing where you ensure there's no chest contact whatsoever. :naughty:

I informed my local friends that we were going to start the very European habit of the kssing greeting, and they all looked at me like I was mental. :naughty:

Mika is SO touchy! To the point where it would be considered bizarre in North America. You can see it in clips from TV interviews. And, I've seen it happen after gigs, especially in North America. He'll go to hug fans, but sometimes catches the fan - who wasn't expecting a hug - totally off guard. :roftl:

I hypothesize he gets that from his mama's side of the family.

How nice, MFC is becoming a workshop on cross-cultural behaviour.

One of the best fringe benefits to MFC! :roftl:

So, to make it clear, even though I probably won't make the first move due to my origin and the 'at arm's length' approach linked to it, feel free to hug and kiss me as much as you like. :wub2: That goes for you too, Mika. :lmfao: I won't mind, really. :roftl:

:lmfao:

back to hand shaking....i'm always confused when ppl shake hands without strength, with a dead hand, it seems i'm touching a dead person!

i like firm hand shaking, according to me it's a sign of being willing to be involved in the contact.

how bad this english sentence could be?:blink:

i hope i've made myself understood.

now i'm wondering whether this feeble way of shaking hands is a cultural thing too...any help?:blink:

Oh Robertina, I think it’s lovely, so friendly and warm!:wub2:

The problem (for me) is to not mess it up, I’m sure you don’t even think about it but it is very important to move in the right way, with the exact timing, or it will be embarrassing and funny!!!!:blush-anim-cl:

That is why I’ve learned to stand perfectly still and let the trained kisser do the job!:naughty:

Hate giving handshakes:aah:

But handshakes... don’t you use it when you formally greats a person, like your boyfriends parents when you meet them for the first time :blink:for example, or do you jump right in to the kissing?:wink2:

I informed my local friends that we were going to start the very European habit of the kssing greeting, and they all looked at me like I was mental. :naughty:

Hehe, I might consider that, it would be fun!:naughty:

back to hand shaking....i'm always confused when ppl shake hands without strength, with a dead hand, it seems i'm touching a dead person!

i like firm hand shaking, according to me it's a sign of being willing to be involved in the contact.

I know what you mean it’s horrible when someone gives you dead hand,(we call it shake hands like a dead fish:roftl:) and there’s even those how tries to squeeze your hand in absurdum!

We even sometimes describe a person’s character based on how they shake your hand. Firm, but not hard, and don’t forget to look the person in the eyes, it’s the ideal!:biggrin2:

Oh Robertina, I think it’s lovely, so friendly and warm!:wub2:

The problem (for me) is to not mess it up, I’m sure you don’t even think about it but it is very important to move in the right way, with the exact timing, or it will be embarrassing and funny!!!!:blush-anim-cl:

That is why I’ve learned to stand perfectly still and let the trained kisser do the job!:naughty:

But handshakes... don’t you use it when you formally greats a person, like your boyfriends parents when you meet them for the first time :blink:for example, or do you jump right in to the kissing?:wink2:

Hehe, I might consider that, it would be fun!:naughty:

I know what you mean it’s horrible when someone gives you dead hand,(we call it shake hands like a dead fish:roftl:) and there’s even those how tries to squeeze your hand in absurdum!

We even sometimes describe a person’s character based on how they shake your hand. Firm, but not hard, and don’t forget to look the person in the eyes, it’s the ideal!:biggrin2:

totally agree! and when it's M in person...then you can die happy! :roftl:

to recap - italian way

when we first meet someone, we just shake hands (not as dead fish possibly!)

when we meet friends and family (ppl we love) we hug and kiss in both cheeks

there may be different grades between those two...depending on how much love runs between the partecipants :naughty:

Same thing here in Canada - the kissing thing is unheard of. I had to make a mental note as I travelled from country to country how many kisses was standard! And apparently, in France, it can vary from 2 to 5 depending on how much you like the person? :teehee::roftl:

:lmfao:

No, it has nothing to do with feelings. And luckily so as you would have to cover people with kisses to show them how much you care for them :wub2: .

Actually it entirely depends on the area you come from and even the French can't keep tabs :confused: .

So what we do when we meet people from a part of France we don't know is stay relaxed and not stand back too quickly after the second kiss -it's at least two, just one is a lover's kiss, means 'I am taking advantage of this custom to put my lips on your face, you hottie !'- ; then if the guy is from a three or four kiss area, you let yourself be led... I know, we French are :insane::freak: .

Cheers,

Id3

No, it has nothing to do with feelings. And luckily so as you would have to cover people with kisses to show them how much you care for them :wub2: .

Actually it entirely depends on the area you come from and even the French can't keep tabs :confused: .

So what we do when we meet people from a part of France we don't know is stay relaxed and not stand back too quickly after the second kiss -it's at least two, just one is a lover's kiss, means 'I am taking advantage of this custom to put my lips on your face, you hottie !'- ; then if the guy is from a three or four kiss area, you let yourself be led... I know, we French are :insane::freak: .

Cheers,

Id3

I'm learning...thanks for the advice!:thumb_yello::naughty:

Cheers,

Id3

And just in case you were wondering, the Pennimans are a two-kiss crowd. So if ever one of them does kiss you, don't wait for a third peck, you would only embarrass yourself :blush-anim-cl: .

Cheers,

Id3

Cheers,

Id3

I'm glad nobody tried the 'you hottie' trick with me while I was staying in France. It's a pity when you have to kill people. :mf_rosetinted:

I'm glad nobody tried the 'you hottie' trick with me while I was staying in France. It's a pity when you have to kill people. :mf_rosetinted:

:roftl:

Don't you just hate when that happens?:sneaky2::wink2: