• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looooved your report, Mana :wub2:

I always look forward to yours. Makes me feel like I was there :fangurl:

Have fun in Londonnnn :boing:

---------

On a random note:

Am I the only one who prefers Toy Boy with the piano instead of the celesta? I think it's so much more powerful on piano, but maybe that's just because I have a thing for pianos :teehee:

The energy in the room was incredible. The crowd were absolutely basking in everything Mika had to offer, soaking up every glance, every note. In turn, Mika was feeding off the crowd's energy, which of course made the crowd even more mental. It was magic, it was delicious.

Was it an actual, proper acoustic gig? Parts, yes. Over My Shoulder is just out of this world. Alexander, the countertenor is amazing. Not only is freakin' talented, but his voice is just such a brilliant match for Mika's. I mean, he could find any other countertenor, but it wouldn't be the same. I can't stop gushing about how great OMS is live when Mika has Alexander with him. There just are not words. And I always had a take-it-or-leave-it mentality about OMS on the CD. But live...wow. I don't even know how to describe it. It's mesmerizing.

Other parts, well, not so much. After one of the faster songs...Love Today, maybe? Mika was laughing and said something like "I love how we, as a group, come up with our own definitions of 'acoustic'." So freakin cute! I mean, nearly the whole theatre was dancing and jumping. Not exactly a quiet, restrained acoustic gig. But it was absolutely unbelievable. Energy like that is magic...Milano Magic. :wub2:

Joining Mika on stage for this gig was his friend Ida Falk Winland. She's the one who sang on the studio version of Happy Ending, and if I'm not mistaken she sings on the new album as well. I think she was a bit surprised by the atmosphere, she kept looking at Sara and I with an amused expression. She's great, her voice is also beautiful. She sang Happy Ending with Mika as more of a duet than as a backing singer, and it was absolutely gorgeous. I freakin love that song.

The band were soaking up the vibe as well. I think Dan, the new bassist, is having the time of his life on this tour. He's just rocking out on stage and you can just see the camraderie between him and Martin. And of course, they both feed of Mika's energy, as Mika feeds off the crowd's energy. It was this big, magical, casual, wonderful energy-fest. Awesome.

I still stand by my conviction that Mika absolutely loves it when the audience sings. In fact, part way through the gig he did this thing where he'd hit a note on the piano and get the audience to sing that note. When we butchered it he made that same cute "that was terrible" face he made last tour when getting people to sing SITM back to him. Then he did another note, and acted as though we'd all gotten it. So much freakin' fun, so precious. I love, love, love this man!

He ended the gig with Lollipop which was just...how can I describe it? I really could search through all the languages in Europe to find the right words, and still come up short. How do you describe something like that? I'm going to go with "pure". Pure, unfiltered, innocent, youthful no-holds-barred bliss. I mean, he climbs up on top of his piano and beats the crap out of a trash bin. While wearing a random hat/crown thing that I think may have feathers in it! He then went and plonked the hat on Alexander's head, which was so cute.

Toward the end of the song he was dancing on the piano, and he beckoned for Sara and I to start a stage invasion. When we hesitated, he bounded off the piano and came directly in front of us, looked right into my eyes, and gestured even more emphatically...come on!! Sara and I stepped - yes, not climbed, it was truly like stepping on a stair - onto the stage, and delicious madness broke out. Mika climbed back up onto the piano and everyone began dancing around the piano, Mika in the middle. I went to the back of the stage about 8 feet away so that I could just watch what was going on. It was utter madness, but in such a pure, innocent, absolutely genuine way. :wub2:

He went off stage then, but was soon back for an encore with a colourful scarf-thing looped around his waist. He did My Interpretation and then Rain. I absolutely love Rain. Some find the chorus repetative and lyrically lacking - I see it as an amazing vehicle for the stripped-down, raw sound of Mika's voice. The energy in the theatre at this point was truly at fever pitch. At the end Mika and the band came to the front of the stage to bow to the adoring fans.

I don't know what came over me; it just seemed as a good idea to step up to Mika then, reach up, and put my flashing heart around his neck. He leaned down, and I slipped it over his neck. It was a really cool moment.

The band went off stage then, and after the audience kept cheering for more, Mika came back yet again. This time was Relax. Love that! You know, I don't think Mika truly realizes how great Relax is when done acoustically. I would guess that in his mind it's a disco-type track, and that stripped down it's somehow inferior. Which isn't the case at all.

I love what he's been doing with it, doing it acoustically at the start, then kicking it into the rocking version at the end. By the end, everyone was jumping up and down so hard the floor was literally pulsating. Amazing.

After the gig, the excited Milano crowd weren't ready to let their star go without saying goodbye. The queue to speak with him after the gig had to be at least 200 people, stretching all the way down the block. Mika was really great, though, and talked to nearly everyone.

The thing about these post-gig meetings is that PEOPLE HAVE TO HAVE SOME RESPECT. The only way it works is if everyone stands single file, speaks to Mika, and then lets him move on. As soon as people start grouping into packs, or following him around, everything goes to hell. Who wants that? I can't imagine very many people do. So to anyone who ever has the luck of being there after a gig, please. Stand single file, follow the directions of John and/or the venue security, and don't crowd Mika. Let him take his time with each fan, and then he will take his time with you.

Things only got ugly at the very end of the queue. A bunch of MFCers were at the end, with only about 20 other people beyond us. After MFC the sidewalk ended, and rather than queuing in an orderly fashion, beyond MFC everyone stood in a mob. Well, that didn't work! Mika tried speaking to them but what happens in this case is that everyone pushes as close to him as possible and he has no space to interact with any one fan. That's when he got spirited out of there and into his awaiting car. All things considered, though, it went very well given that there were just SO MANY fans waiting for him.

Sigh. I can't say enough about the atmosphere at this gig. Mika was more present than I've ever seen any artist be while performing. It really was this amazing feeling where he was giving to us, we were giving back to him, and the energy and the love and the excitement just kept going round and round, intensifying, him firing us up and us firing him up. He was SO there, SO on, and it was just absolute positive bliss. :mf_lustslow:

To everyone I met in Italy - you're so lovely! Emerald, Nezza, Dani, Marina, Mirtilla, Avoca, mellody, tilbet, - you're grand. Grazie for sharing the Milano magic with this Canadian invader. :blush-anim-cl:

Time to go get ready and meet my fellow MFCers for a day exploring London Town.

Amen to that. I sympathize for people who get shoved around...especially by greedy groupies who have had plenty of time with M...ugh that is so annoying beyond belief:aah: HA been there done that. Though I've only met him once, it was perfect because it was a one on one, single file line kind of thing. He really does take his time and is very sincere. miss that:wub2:

Aww!!! :tears:

Everyone, have a good look at Emerald's beautiful pic. The look of adoration on her face and reciprocated adoration on Mika's face totally epitomizes the vibe of this amazing gig. I'm sitting here at the computer in hostel, tears streaming down my face after reading this report and seeing these pics! I'm so glad you had such a great time.

Your report was beautiful, captures the essence of this gig perfectly. It was Milano Magic in every sense of the word. :wub2:

Oh come on, you make me cry now :tears: I hope he wasn't angry at me...

A kiss?! a kiss...a kiss...a kiss:teehee:

where at?!

I have to ask:naughty:

Full on his lips of course:mf_rosetinted:

Haha no, I just, you know, gave my cheek and he understood and I kissed him on his right cheek and then he was really surprised, and I was really surprised about what I had just done and then he said "ok a second one" and we kissed on the other cheek:biggrin2:

Crazy fangurly Emilie:teehee:

Oh gosh no! :shocked:

I'm sure he loved meeting you, talking with you, and even the little kiss you gave him. Look at how HAPPY he looks! :wub2:

I hope you're right. I so loved meeting him too. And I've noticed on the pics that he looked at my portraits. I hope he likes them :original:

Man.... was it a dream??

Full on his lips of course:mf_rosetinted

Haha no, I just, you know, gave my cheek and he understood and I kissed him on his right cheek and then he was really surprised, and I was really surprised about what I had just done and then he said "ok a second one" and we kissed on the other cheek:biggrin2:

:shocked::roftl:

I wouldn't have the courage! So glad you did though.:roftl: I can see lots of jealous teenage fangurls now.:mf_rosetinted:(including me:teehee:)

Crazy fangurly Emilie

:wub2: But it's totally cool because it's European:roftl:and fabulous to give kisses. Here we just shake hands dammit:sneaky2: occasional hugs are...blissful i'm sure:blush-anim-cl:

That was very brave and very amazing and you are verrrry welcome to stay on cloud 9 until...forever:wub2:

i forgot to mention another thing he said while chatting to us, which i found quite interesting... i think it was related to the many complaints about the ticket handling and other things going wrong. he said it's things that have never been done before, including the ticket preordering and the magic numbers, and sth along the lines that it takes time to work properly. don't remember what he said exactly, but the sense i understood behind it was "sorry for the inconveniences, but we have no experience with that, so please bear with us until we get it all established."

actually, looking back, the ticket difficulties turned out as a good thing, because it was that what made us start the detailled number system in berlin, and it all went so well with those numbers, in berlin as well as in milan.

:shocked:

I wouldn't have the courage! So glad you did though.:roftl: I can see lots of jealous teenage fangurls now.(including me:teehee:)

When you see him (in London?) you can try too haha.

And and I don't know haha. I think I wouldn't have had the courage with some other famous person. But, it was his eyes. Yeah. I'd heard it before. It's all true. They're honest and genuine. We HE is.

But it's totally cool because it's European:roftl:and fabulous to give kisses. Here we just shake hands dammit:sneaky2: occasional hugs are...blissful i'm sure

That was very brave and very amazing and you are verrrry welcome to stay on cloud 9 until...forever:wub2:

Well, as HE is European, you could try a kiss ^^

Cloud 9 is not even high enough!!!

:roftl:

When you see him (in London?) you can try too haha.

And and I don't know haha. I think I wouldn't have had the courage with some other famous person. But, it was his eyes. Yeah. I'd heard it before. It's all true. They're honest and genuine. We HE is.

Yeah, I don't blame you :naughty:

P.S. I love your shirt! Do you mind me asking where you got it from?:teehee:

owww :wub2: So happy for you Emilie!!! :huglove:

and btw, is that you at the beginning? :teehee:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KXA20rPUyk

that gig was wiiild :boing:

{insert crazy gif}

29dgv7l-1.gif

so glad the audience smashed back Mika's energy on stage mwhah

the theatre risked to be destroyed :aah:

After the show at usual I wasn't interested in queuing to show my inglisc pronounciation to Lord M.:teehee:

{but now I regret a bit not bringin my ass outside b4 the gig to sk wth was that necklace} :rolleyes:

I can safely say that in the Salone Franco Parenti I attented one of the best acustic concert of the past 3 years :clap:

I knew I have to wait listening to those "emaciated" songs live, after they'd be enriched by the authors genial improvisations {thanks for the vids u all} even if I bet he got inspired by certain fans:naughty:

p.p.s: the lobotomy shoes were outrageous xD

Edited by greta

Yeah, I don't blame you :naughty:

P.S. I love your shirt! Do you mind me asking where you got it from?:teehee:

I bought it some time ago, it's Levi's!!:thumb_yello:

owww So happy for you Emilie!!! :huglove:

and btw, is that you at the beginning? :teehee:

:shocked: Yeah, you're right. I think it's me!!!

sara, mellody, emerald, mana thanks so much for your reports! they were all amazing to read! the milan gig must have been one of the most special ones:wub2:

You're welcome!!

Emilie, don't worry about the kissing thing. You did it in a very sweet, polite and respectful way, and that is how he took it.

As Mana said, just check the look of adoration on your face in that picture :roftl:. It was priceless and so :wub2:.

You're a fantastic girl with not a pushy or rude bone in your body so Mika being the observant person that he is, that is the vibe that he got from you. He seemed amused and relaxed.

After the gig he was still obviously in very good spirits, and he seemed genuinely happy to stay and chat to us because he could have just gone into the van which was initially parked higher up the road, and totally skipped our side of the queue.

John did mutter 'the best for last' to us when he walked past our spot though :naughty:, so I think that they were fully aware of the fact that we were all at the end of that line and he made a point of getting to it, and also of spending a lot of time there with us. He was walking down that queue quite fast and he spent quite long chatting there, so that was very nice.

Personally I can't complain because I had a very nice one-to-one (in the 'in the middle of the crowd' variety type of chat) moment with him where he was speaking directly to me for quite a while, so that coupled with my fangurl moment at the gig just put the icing on the cake.

In fact I am very ashamed of how fangurly I behaved that night, hahahah. Even my videos are all over the place (as Blue Sky observantly pointed out on YT) :naughty:.

I think that Mana and I are a very dangerous combination when we're side to side!!!!!! We feed off eachother's craziness and it just gets worse and worse :roftl:, poor Mika!!!

Speaking of videos, here's a little update of what's up at the moment:

Mika - GRACE KELLY @Teatro Franco Parenti in Milan 060609

Mika - LADY JANE @Teatro Franco Parenti in Milan 060609

Mika - STUCK IN THE MIDDLE @Teatro Franco Parenti in Milan 060609

Mika - BLUE EYES @Teatro Franco Parenti in Milan 060609

Mika - TB @Teatro Franco Parenti in Milan 060609

Mika - BILLY BROWN @Teatro Franco Parenti in Milan 060609

Mika - GGG @Teatro Franco Parenti in Milan 060609

Mika - OVER MY SHOULDER @Teatro Franco Parenti in Milan 060609

Indeed :wink2:

That's we can see on that vid :

aah, great video! :biggrin2: i still don't understand "secret gigs" though, but "secret things". he said "the tour is a little later, but there'll be so many smaller things happening before ... secret ..." and here i still understand "things", not "gigs". both words sound similar, so there's the reason why i understood it in a different way than you guys. but you're probably right, as you all - including the native speakers - understood "gigs". at least now i know that i'm not stupid, but that it just was easy to misunderstand that. :naughty:

who recorded that video? it's just great to see it all again, so thanx a lot! :huglove:

Emilie, don't worry about the kissing thing. You did it in a very sweet, polite and respectful way, and that is how he took it.

As Mana said, just check the look of adoration on your face in that picture :roftl:. It was priceless and so :wub2:.

You're a fantastic girl with not a pushy or rude bone in your body so Mika being the observant person that he is, that is the vibe that he got from you. He seemed amused and relaxed.

After the gig he was still obviously in very good spirits, and he seemed genuinely happy to stay and chat to us because he could have just gone into the van which was initially parked higher up the road, and totally skipped our side of the queue.

John did mutter 'the best for last' to us when he walked past our spot though :naughty:, so I think that they were fully aware of the fact that we were all at the end of that line and he made a point of getting to it, and also of spending a lot of time there with us. He was walking down that queue quite fast and he spent quite long chatting there, so that was very nice.

Personally I can't complain because I had a very nice one-to-one (in the 'in the middle of the crowd' variety type of chat) moment with him where he was speaking directly to me for quite a while, so that coupled with my fangurl moment at the gig just put the icing on the cake.

In fact I am very ashamed of how fangurly I behaved that night, hahahah. Even my videos are all over the place (as Blue Sky observantly pointed out on YT) :naughty:.

I think that Mana and I are a very dangerous combination when we're side to side!!!!!! We feed off eachother's craziness and it just gets worse and worse :roftl:, poor Mika!!!

Speaking of videos, here's a little update of what's up at the moment:

Mika - GRACE KELLY @Teatro Franco Parenti in Milan 060609

Mika - LADY JANE @Teatro Franco Parenti in Milan 060609

Mika - STUCK IN THE MIDDLE @Teatro Franco Parenti in Milan 060609

Mika - BLUE EYES @Teatro Franco Parenti in Milan 060609

Mika - TB @Teatro Franco Parenti in Milan 060609

Mika - BILLY BROWN @Teatro Franco Parenti in Milan 060609

Mika - GGG @Teatro Franco Parenti in Milan 060609

Mika - OVER MY SHOULDER @Teatro Franco Parenti in Milan 060609

Awe thanks Sara:blush-anim-cl: You are incredible, you and Mana, together, I like it!!!!