Mika @ Milan, Italy - June 6, 2009 - gig report, photos and videos

guylainem123

@Emerald

We didn't meet.

Yeah that's true!!! It will be next time!! =D

My Report (so glad I could write a report maaaaaaaan):

:shocked:

First of all, sorry for the mistakes. I'm tired. But mega happy.

Second of all, thanks again to Robertina for the organisation!

Ok now I can start my report!!!

Elena (-CT-) and I were retarded by the train, but we eventually arrived at the hotel, found the theatre, got our number (57 for me :D) and then, found the “restaurant”. I was so excited to meet you! It was a weird feeling, to be able to put a face on a name and to meet the people I had seen on pictures!!

The waiting was great. For me, time flew, it was so nice chatting with all of you!!! And then Mika arrived! I didn't know how I would react, but I think I did well; I didn't scream or act crazy (at least I think I didn't :naughty:). Sara asked me how it felt, and I told her it felt like I had met him before! It's true! He's so nice, and calm and well, normal! And really handsome! It was really funny seeing Elena's face when she saw him. I think she hadn't realised how handsome he is. Well now she has ^^.

Ok let's talk about the gig, cause it's what you're interested in ^^. I was sitting in the 3rd row, in the middle, so a very good spot, for a first gig!!! And we were so close to the stage!! =D

First of all, seeing Mika in his crazy clothes was already something GREAT for me! His jacket and his shoes haha I loved them!!! Then he started Grace Kelly, and well, I burst into tears! I had waited for that moment for so long, and well, seeing it at last was awesome. GK is not even my very favourite song, but just hearing his voice in real and realising where I was was extraordinary!!

Well in fact, I think I cried during the ¾ of the gig erm... When he sang SITM, which I really love, I cried. When he started Happy Ending, I cried, this song gives the goose bumps every time! During OMS I was just in awe. His voice, it was just flying and surreal! And RELAX my god, when I recognised the tune I burst into tears again. PURE HAPPINESS!!!

I really really really enjoyed Lollipop. This garbage-bin playing thing was GREAT!!! And when I was on the stage!! OMG!! I couldn't believe it!! But there was this orange guy, who grabbed my arm and who was trying to hold me back. Man how I had to fight to be on this stage!! And then, I was at Mika's feet. Literally. And again, those girls who grabbed Mika's legs were acting totally disrespectfully in my opinion pfff but well, I think we can't prevent this totally...

And in the end, as I said, I was like flying, bouncing, feeling the ground moving under my feet and I thought "poor theatre, we will destroy it!!!". A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!

His voice sounds so better than in the record! He's Energy incarnated. I love his smile and I really liked it when he said (something like) "With me, it is like this: the first part is me, and the second is you!!"

I don't even have a word to describe this experience. But take extraordinary in the literal sense, I think it's the best adjective I can find ^^.

And then the “autograph session”. I was sure Mika wouldn't even make it to us. I really wanted to give him the three portraits I drew for the yearbook. And of course, I was hoping for an autograph. Finally, I got to give him the portraits, I got an autograph and two kisses. Really, I don't know what happened in my head at that moment, but after I gave him the present, he was looking at me with his big honest eyes, straight in mine, and well, I don't know, but I kissed him :blush-anim-cl: And he gave me a second kiss. That was weird (but fantastic, understand me well ^^) Really, I can't believe I did this... but it was a nice feeling in fact ^^.

Piperita Patty (Alice) sent me three pictures of me and Mika! I can't believe her aunt took a pic with Mika and me. Here is one. I'm awful on those pics but I soooo don't care ^^

Emerald3.jpg

And I also wanted to say that it was really awesome to meet you all!!! Again thank you to Sara; you've been so nice about the tickets, anxious for us to get them and all! And Mana, you're really sweet! I'm glad I could take a look at the year book and sign the FLAG :D And Avoca!!! =D and all the others I'm forgetting, so sorry!!! My mind is too busy :aah:

Sorry for this long report. I could write for hours about this wonderful experience. It was my first Mika gig, and he made it unforgettable. Really.

And here are my pics (with some non-Mika-related ones ^^):

http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/nn114/Mimile13/MikaMilano/

Edited by Emerald

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

emerald your report was amazing! OMG! i can see you had a wonderful experience!!! i don't know why, i loved this report...maybe because it was the first time you met Mika, and i still haven't met him, and perhaps i want that when i meet Mika, my experience would be exactly as yours!:wub2:

T4P!!!!!!!!:thumb_yello:

emerald your report was amazing! OMG! i can see you had a wonderful experience!!! i don't know why, i loved this report...maybe because it was the first time you met Mika, and i still haven't met him, and perhaps i want that when i meet Mika, my experience would be exactly as yours!:wub2:

T4P!!!!!!!!:thumb_yello:

Thanks!:wub2: I'm sure when your time will come, you'll have a wonderful experience too. Be careful, it hits hard ^^

I think post-gig depression is arriving now, I've just watched some vids and ooooh I'm like a fountain again. I'm so emotional. Mika, what have you done to me???

I was trying to explain my fanhood to my friends. This gig, it's my dream come true. It has never happened to me. I have never wanted to see an artist so bad and I've never loved an artist so much. Maybe it's because I can find a bit of myself in him, in his music and his personality. Now, his music is part of ME, I cannot really explain it, and I'm a bit confused about all of this to be honest...:blink:

Thanks!:wub2: I'm sure when your time will come, you'll have a wonderful experience too. Be careful, it hits hard ^^

I think post-gig depression is arriving now, I've just watched some vids and ooooh I'm like a fountain again. I'm so emotional. Mika, what have you done to me???

I was trying to explain my fanhood to my friends. This gig, it's my dream come true. It has never happened to me. I have never wanted to see an artist so bad and I've never loved an artist so much. Maybe it's because I can find a bit of myself in him, in his music and his personality. Now, his music is part of ME, I cannot really explain it, and I'm a bit confused about all of this to be honest...:blink:

THANKS for the warning!! i'll take it seriously!!!:naughty::naughty:

and don't worry about this special fanhood, in my case this is the same, and my friends have got used to!!!:teehee:.....even my family (they realised the things i do for Mika, are just because i'm already crazy..and there is no solution for that!!!:aah:)

THANKS for the warning!! i'll take it seriously!!!:naughty::naughty:

and don't worry about this special fanhood, in my case this is the same, and my friends have got used to!!!:teehee:.....even my family (they realised the things i do for Mika, are just because i'm already crazy..and there is no solution for that!!!:aah:)

When I talk about Mika, my friends look at me like "please, Emilie, not now. Not ever, we don't care" :naughty:

Tomorrow, I'll have to go back to reality and study for my Ancient French exam which is on.... Tuesday!!!:shocked::crybaby:

Edited by Emerald

Welcome to REAL crazy fangurl-dom. :fangurl:

(The sort I have known for the past couple of years!!)

Your report was so fabulous, so emotional, and here was me sitting in Tokyo, reading... :tears:

Mika doesn't even realise the power he has over us:wub2:

My Report (so glad I could write a report maaaaaaaan):

Sorry for this long report. I could write for hours about this wonderful experience. It was my first Mika gig, and he made it unforgettable. Really.

I loved your report! And think the photo is SO sweet. :wub2:

But, but, but.... I just don't post on Mikasounds:tears: I like it here! :crybaby:

I realise I'll never have the chance of having the living room gig, and going to gigs in Europe is pipe dream so I'll miss out on earning points that way, but I don't want to have to go and post at MS to earn points to buy stuff. Oh well, looks like I won't have any of the exclusive stuff...

Anyway, thanks for all the reports etc, they were brilliant. And I say a particular thankyou to Avoca for that super large pic showing Mika's necklace. It really was a naked person!:teehee:

Chickadee, what's this about not posting on Mikasounds?

If you look at the after gig footage where they talk to him about the codes, Mika mentions that every post on MS will go towards your points total. And that the points are for exclusive stuff that you can actually buy with these points. But I just don't post over there cos I like it here. And it's too hard to keep up with too many forums. So I'm not gonna accrue many points:no:

If you look at the after gig footage where they talk to him about the codes, Mika mentions that every post on MS will go towards your points total. And that the points are for exclusive stuff that you can actually buy with these points. But I just don't post over there cos I like it here. And it's too hard to keep up with too many forums. So I'm not gonna accrue many points:no:

To be honest, I think he would be foolish to give points just for posting on MS. He already gets spammed a million times a day by the regular spammers. (mentioning no names....:naughty:) They would soon accrue enough for the living room gig.

Come to *insert random country name*

MIKA I LOVE YOU!! Marry me!!

etc etc

Someone better warn him.:aah:

Forgot to mention that when we were chatting after the gig someone asked him what the codes were for. He said that it was some form of system where one collects points with every thing that they buy or do, and can then use that "cash" to get or sort of buy special things.

As a joke i asked "what,like private gigs?" and he went serious and said "yes,there will be ONE private gig,a living room gig!"

We were all left stunned. Initially I thought that he was joking but he confirmed a few times that he was totally serious.

which codes?? :o

I bought the EP and nobody sent me codes :S

or where can I get it??

To be honest, I think he would be foolish to give points just for posting on MS. He already gets spammed a million times a day by the regular spammers. (mentioning no names....:naughty:) They would soon accrue enough for the living room gig.

etc etc

lol fully agree with this :aah:

etc etc

Good thinking BS. That hadn't really occurred to me. I wonder if it's occurred to him?:naughty: You're right, somebody better warn him!

It's 7:16am in London and I've been awake since 5. I can't sleep! This whole tour-chasing thing has been out of this world. I haven't gotten more than 4 or 5 hours' sleep since landing in Amsterdam Monday morning. And I'm loving it. :biggrin2:

So...Milano gig. What can I say. That was my 7th gig, and chances are over Mika's career I may go to 70 more gigs. But I can't imagine anything will ever, ever, EVER top this gig.

*disclaimer*

Just at the outset, I don't want anyone to think that I'm bragging or anything while I go on about how great this gig was for me. I don't want to create any bad vibes here, but on the other hand I can't possibly talk about this gig without positively gushing. Hope you all understand!

Anyhow. I arrived in the queue at around 9am, and got number 12 from our dear Dani56 who was managing the numbers until Robertina arrived. It was a beautiful day in Milano! The weather forecast had called for thunderstorms, but it was beautiful and sunny. From the earliest moments in the queue that day, I had a sense that we were in for a really awesome gig.

The venue is something else. Wide open with a cool casual-chic mediterranean vibe. Absolutely beautiful. And throughout the day, they actually let us in to use the toilet! My understanding is that's not the case at nearly every other venue, so it was muchly appreciated.

The whole queuing experience was super casual. Everyone recieved their numbers and then was free to mill about, talk to their friends, go get a cappucino, whatever. It works better that way! I mean, it would be rude to get a number and disappear for hours and hours. But no one was ruling with an iron fist if people left for 20 minutes or whatever, which was nice.

When they let us into the venue, our dear Robi was a freakin' rockstar in keeping everything coordinated. 10 people at a time were let in, according to the numbers on their hands, to go to the box office, get their tickets, and join a new queue at the theatre door. Then, when the theatre doors opened, it was the same - 10 people at a time chose their seats, then the next 10, etc. It was absolultey flawless, and I have huge respect for Robi for holding court with both Italian fans and English-speaking fans.

The venue itself was absolutely beautiful. Wood floors, amazing chandeliers, and a stage that was at most 12 inches off the floor. It wasn't even knee height! And between the front row of seats and the stage was about 5 feet of open space. Amazing.

Mika came on, and from the moment he stepped on stage he was absolutely on fire. After the sparkle of the Brussels gig, I think he was still riding that high. The crowd remained in their seats for the first three songs (Grace Kelly, Lady Jane and Blue Eyes), but when he got to Big Girl the party was ON!!!

With all that space in front of me, I was able to really, truly enjoy the music. And by "enjoy" I mean sing, dance, and just party my heart out. I was going nuts, dancing in circles, just having the time of my f*cking life.* It was absolutely euphoric. Sara was dancing and singing too, as her utterly shaky videos show, hehe. And you know what?

Mika freakin' loved it.

He saw how into it Sara and I were, and he kept coming over to our side of the stage. Singing right to us, encouraging us, all of that. With space to sing and dance, and with Mika so close, it was like our own private gig.

Part two coming up...

He he Mana, you WERE having the f*cking time of your life! You and Sara were fun to look at :naughty:

@ Blue Eyes and iadoremika: happy you enjoyed reading the report :D:huglove:

Yep, I'm a :fangurl: now I think :teehee:

Mana & Sara: the ecstasy of the twirling dervishes :fangurl:

PS Emerald, I am Blue Sky (Blue Eyes just types automatically these days, I know!)

The energy in the room was incredible. The crowd were absolutely basking in everything Mika had to offer, soaking up every glance, every note. In turn, Mika was feeding off the crowd's energy, which of course made the crowd even more mental. It was magic, it was delicious.

Was it an actual, proper acoustic gig? Parts, yes. Over My Shoulder is just out of this world. Alexander, the countertenor is amazing. Not only is freakin' talented, but his voice is just such a brilliant match for Mika's. I mean, he could find any other countertenor, but it wouldn't be the same. I can't stop gushing about how great OMS is live when Mika has Alexander with him. There just are not words. And I always had a take-it-or-leave-it mentality about OMS on the CD. But live...wow. I don't even know how to describe it. It's mesmerizing.

Other parts, well, not so much. After one of the faster songs...Love Today, maybe? Mika was laughing and said something like "I love how we, as a group, come up with our own definitions of 'acoustic'." So freakin cute! I mean, nearly the whole theatre was dancing and jumping. Not exactly a quiet, restrained acoustic gig. But it was absolutely unbelievable. Energy like that is magic...Milano Magic. :wub2:

Joining Mika on stage for this gig was his friend Ida Falk Winland. She's the one who sang on the studio version of Happy Ending, and if I'm not mistaken she sings on the new album as well. I think she was a bit surprised by the atmosphere, she kept looking at Sara and I with an amused expression. She's great, her voice is also beautiful. She sang Happy Ending with Mika as more of a duet than as a backing singer, and it was absolutely gorgeous. I freakin love that song.

The band were soaking up the vibe as well. I think Dan, the new bassist, is having the time of his life on this tour. He's just rocking out on stage and you can just see the camraderie between him and Martin. And of course, they both feed of Mika's energy, as Mika feeds off the crowd's energy. It was this big, magical, casual, wonderful energy-fest. Awesome.

I still stand by my conviction that Mika absolutely loves it when the audience sings. In fact, part way through the gig he did this thing where he'd hit a note on the piano and get the audience to sing that note. When we butchered it he made that same cute "that was terrible" face he made last tour when getting people to sing SITM back to him. Then he did another note, and acted as though we'd all gotten it. So much freakin' fun, so precious. I love, love, love this man!

He ended the gig with Lollipop which was just...how can I describe it? I really could search through all the languages in Europe to find the right words, and still come up short. How do you describe something like that? I'm going to go with "pure". Pure, unfiltered, innocent, youthful no-holds-barred bliss. I mean, he climbs up on top of his piano and beats the crap out of a trash bin. While wearing a random hat/crown thing that I think may have feathers in it! He then went and plonked the hat on Alexander's head, which was so cute.

Toward the end of the song he was dancing on the piano, and he beckoned for Sara and I to start a stage invasion. When we hesitated, he bounded off the piano and came directly in front of us, looked right into my eyes, and gestured even more emphatically...come on!! Sara and I stepped - yes, not climbed, it was truly like stepping on a stair - onto the stage, and delicious madness broke out. Mika climbed back up onto the piano and everyone began dancing around the piano, Mika in the middle. I went to the back of the stage about 8 feet away so that I could just watch what was going on. It was utter madness, but in such a pure, innocent, absolutely genuine way. :wub2:

He went off stage then, but was soon back for an encore with a colourful scarf-thing looped around his waist. He did My Interpretation and then Rain. I absolutely love Rain. Some find the chorus repetative and lyrically lacking - I see it as an amazing vehicle for the stripped-down, raw sound of Mika's voice. The energy in the theatre at this point was truly at fever pitch. At the end Mika and the band came to the front of the stage to bow to the adoring fans.

I don't know what came over me; it just seemed as a good idea to step up to Mika then, reach up, and put my flashing heart around his neck. He leaned down, and I slipped it over his neck. It was a really cool moment.

The band went off stage then, and after the audience kept cheering for more, Mika came back yet again. This time was Relax. Love that! You know, I don't think Mika truly realizes how great Relax is when done acoustically. I would guess that in his mind it's a disco-type track, and that stripped down it's somehow inferior. Which isn't the case at all.

I love what he's been doing with it, doing it acoustically at the start, then kicking it into the rocking version at the end. By the end, everyone was jumping up and down so hard the floor was literally pulsating. Amazing.

After the gig, the excited Milano crowd weren't ready to let their star go without saying goodbye. The queue to speak with him after the gig had to be at least 200 people, stretching all the way down the block. Mika was really great, though, and talked to nearly everyone.

The thing about these post-gig meetings is that PEOPLE HAVE TO HAVE SOME RESPECT. The only way it works is if everyone stands single file, speaks to Mika, and then lets him move on. As soon as people start grouping into packs, or following him around, everything goes to hell. Who wants that? I can't imagine very many people do. So to anyone who ever has the luck of being there after a gig, please. Stand single file, follow the directions of John and/or the venue security, and don't crowd Mika. Let him take his time with each fan, and then he will take his time with you.

Things only got ugly at the very end of the queue. A bunch of MFCers were at the end, with only about 20 other people beyond us. After MFC the sidewalk ended, and rather than queuing in an orderly fashion, beyond MFC everyone stood in a mob. Well, that didn't work! Mika tried speaking to them but what happens in this case is that everyone pushes as close to him as possible and he has no space to interact with any one fan. That's when he got spirited out of there and into his awaiting car. All things considered, though, it went very well given that there were just SO MANY fans waiting for him.

Sigh. I can't say enough about the atmosphere at this gig. Mika was more present than I've ever seen any artist be while performing. It really was this amazing feeling where he was giving to us, we were giving back to him, and the energy and the love and the excitement just kept going round and round, intensifying, him firing us up and us firing him up. He was SO there, SO on, and it was just absolute positive bliss. :mf_lustslow:

To everyone I met in Italy - you're so lovely! Emerald, Nezza, Dani, Marina, Mirtilla, Avoca, mellody, tilbet, - you're grand. Grazie for sharing the Milano magic with this Canadian invader. :blush-anim-cl:

Time to go get ready and meet my fellow MFCers for a day exploring London Town.

Edited by lollipop_monkey

And in the end, as I said, I was like flying, bouncing, feeling the ground moving under my feet and I thought "poor theatre, we will destroy it!!!". A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!

His voice sounds so better than in the record! He's Energy incarnated. I love his smile and I really liked it when he said (something like) "With me, it is like this: the first part is me, and the second is you!!"

I don't even have a word to describe this experience. But take extraordinary in the literal sense, I think it's the best adjective I can find ^^.

-------------

Really, I don't know what happened in my head at that moment, but after I gave him the present, he was looking at me with his big honest eyes, straight in mine, and well, I don't know, but I kissed him :blush-anim-cl: And he gave me a second kiss. That was weird (but fantastic, understand me well ^^) Really, I can't believe I did this... but it was a nice feeling in fact ^^.

Piperita Patty (Alice) sent me three pictures of me and Mika! I can't believe her aunt took a pic with Mika and me. Here is one. I'm awful on those pics but I soooo don't care ^^

Mana, you're really sweet! I'm glad I could take a look at the year book and sign the FLAG :D And Avoca!!! =D and all the others I'm forgetting, so sorry!!! My mind is too busy :aah:

Emerald3.jpg

Aww!!! :tears:

Everyone, have a good look at Emerald's beautiful pic. The look of adoration on her face and reciprocated adoration on Mika's face totally epitomizes the vibe of this amazing gig. I'm sitting here at the computer in hostel, tears streaming down my face after reading this report and seeing these pics! I'm so glad you had such a great time.

Your report was beautiful, captures the essence of this gig perfectly. It was Milano Magic in every sense of the word. :wub2: