Mika @ Milan, Italy - June 6, 2009 - gig report, photos and videos

guylainem123

The gig was FANTASTIC! I'm so happy for it, it was real blast, seriously!

-the queue was extremely well directed thanks to robertina and Dani56 as Robi-help! :thumb_yello:

-the theatre was very small and offered a great view from every places (I was in the 3rd row central and it was like being on stage with the band!)

-Blue Roses were amazing, really talented those girls!

-Mika was great!

First of all as a performer, I mean stage presence and all, he's so expressive in every gesture and gives such emphasis to every single word when he sings, I love it!

Second of all, it was great to see him SO excited for the gig itself and the feeling we had with him and he got with us.

-The new songs and the review of the old ones are great performed live...(I LOVED Stuck In The Middle, the Big Girl-dancing bit and Toy Boy played with the celesta)

-The back vocal singers (Mika's friends) are veeeery good and the girl is SO pretty!

Some consideration: it is NOT actually a REAL acoustic gig (as HE also said after we jumped and screamed as hell in few songs while he was jumping on that poor piano! He said something like: "It was supposed to be an acoustic gig *makes a funny face*...that's what we told to the theatre staff").

They still have to have some more rehearsals for thec stuff :naughty:

Eventually I want to send a big hug again to all the MFCers (and new acquired one...Yuls!) I met yesterday, you're special, every one of you, and that's why, after all, spend an almost entire day queueing is not so boring, at all! And above all the show is EVEN MORE enjoyable! :biggrin2:

So true!!

I particularly love the live version of Lady Jane :wub2:

Yeah.... and about the acoustic gig he also said something like: we should behave .. but .... *funny face* :naughty:

It was a pleasure to meet you, too Alice :wub2:

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone filmed the dancing bit before Big girl ?

I wanna see it :roftl:

here you are

thanks to Mirtilla.... the most genius ****ing dance of the century :roftl: Edited by mari62

here you are
thanks to Mirtilla.... the most genius ****ing dance of the century :roftl:

Mirtilla you are an absolute legend for putting all those vids up :huglove: And it cracks me up to hear myself in some of them :roftl: I'm the muppet who says "Ribena!!" at the beginning of LT :roftl:

you'll find all the links in the first post :wink2:

Thanks mods!!

It was really nice to meet you, Marina, even if we didn't really talk much. By the end of the gig I was soooooooo drained that I could hardly think.

I had 3 hours sleep and was just too exhausted for words after the super adrenaline high of the gig :roftl:.

Mind you, after another night of 3 hours sleep last night, I feel like i am about to die :aah: but it's all worth it.

I am uploading my vids now, just got Grace Kelly up and Lady Jane is on its way. As usual, they will go up in the order that they were taken, and the 'good' quality takes a while to develop on YouTube after uploading, so if they are not very nice give it some time.

I do have to warn you though that these are not super. I seemed to have been very distracted frantically moving, and my vids are all over the place :roftl: but you can totally get an idea of the mad vibe that we had going on. It was absolutely incredible!!

Grace Kelly:

Lady Jane:

Edited by sariflor

It was really nice to meet you, Marina, even if we didn't really talk much. By the end of the gig I was soooooooo drained that I could hardly think.

I had 3 hours sleep and was just too exhausted for words after the super adrenaline high of the gig :roftl:.

Mind you, after another night of 3 hours sleep last night, I feel like i am about to die :aah: but it's all worth it.

I am uploading my vids now, just got Grace Kelly up and Lady Jane is on its way. As usual, they will go up in the order that they were taken, and the 'good' quality takes a while to develop on YouTube after uploading, so if they are not very nice give it some time.

I do have to warn you though that these are not super. I seemed to have been very distracted frantically moving, and my vids are all over the place :roftl: but you can totally get an idea of the mad vibe that we had going on. It was absolutely incredible!!

Grace Kelly:

it was very nice to meet you, too Sara and to share this amazing experience with you as well!

I understand you, I was quite dazed, too and everything went so fast; a part from Dani56 I met all of you for the first time, plus the day before I was ill in bed, and thought I would have never managed to come..... so I was really dreaming and couldn't believe I was there :wub2:

I had one of the best times of my life, can't remember having so much fun :boing:

Hope we'll have the opportunity to meet again soon and chat more :)

Oh and can't wait to see the flag!

Here we go!

Another wonderful venue, for sure! I had already been to that theatre to see a play by Shakespeare and I think it turned out to be a very fascinating place for a gig.

I was sitting at the end of the first set of rows on the left. I didn’t want to be too close: I wanted to see everything and enjoy his voice. I had two crazy teenagers sitting next to me: I perceived danger. So I thought I had better make things clear: I turned, I made my worst angry teacher face and told them “Girls, if you scream too much, I will beat you” :furious: I guess they understood, because they were mostly quiet with a few deplorable exceptions, which I will keep secret for the sake of human kind. :sneaky2:

The stage lights were perfect and they really added something to the songs. The acoustic was good and the instruments weren’t too loud for me. I think the piano sounded particularly good.

As most people have already said, the gig was great! I felt really involved and every song was amazing. M wanted to be an entertainer and he actually succeeded. I’m sure he wanted to impress especially because he was back to Italy (and to Milan) after a long time.

It must be pointed out that the audience included lots teenagers and also children (and their parents, of course!). It was different from Berlin. I don’t know about the other gigs, but in my opinion this gig had to be different to be successful. Most of the people weren’t there to appreciate the details, which I hope won’t sound too rude or high-brow of me.

Despite the loud noise from the crowd, I think M was more in control here than in Berlin. He said he was sharpening his teeth…well, I agree! He was pretty smart this time: he started with Grace Kelly, which made him confident and hyper! I’m not saying it was better than LJ, but just that it was the right choice to do well and to connect to the audience. Of course, the song was very good. I guess he hadn’t calmed down properly for LJ, because he apparently messed up the breathing points. Anyway, it sounded good to me.

One thing I particularly liked about the gig is that the band was like an orchestra and he was a real conductor for them. He gave the instructions and they did great! I felt all the songs were connected artfully, although the screaming of some girls often spoiled the transition from one song to another.

The new songs were all fabulous and I can’t wait to see what will happen when the first singles are released. GGG was so good and thrilling that I got emotional with OMS. The change was definitely too sudden! Baby laura… :tears:

The two singers sounded good, but I have to admit Ida’s voice was often hidden by the people singing along. And I think she looked a bit annoyed because of this. (Her dress was beautiful!) M pretended not to care, but he sometimes used gestures to tell people to be quiet.

All the jumping section of the gig was actually scary. I was afraid the floor might crumble under my feet. I hope they told him off at the end of the show. He did misbehave!!!

I was so amazed by his performance that it’s difficult to remember everything. He gave us the best smiles ever and did his best to be funny. He was a real crazy guy. He was proud he was being a naughty boy.

I was happy to listen to My Interpretation, but also wanted to hear Any Other World. I guess I just can’t get enough. :biggrin2:

If I’m not wrong, he started Lollipop quoting the cover I want you back, which I found hilarious. I wish he had played that cover, too. Insatiable me.

I’m so proud of him. :wub2: I’m happy he keeps improving and he still cares about doing something new and amazing. I hope he will keep on enjoying himself forever. His mum was so proud! I think seeing her smiling after the gig brought this gig to perfection.

I already miss him. Post-gig depression is here to stay.

You know what? I’m so happy about my own Kawai grand piano in my living-room. :mf_rosetinted: But no jumping on it! :sneaky2:

PS sorry if my report is too long! Hope you won't find too many mistakes!

Hi guys!

me too I'm back but I'm not ready for a good report... I'll do one soon...

The only thing that I can say is that IT WAS THE BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE! :mf_lustslow:

gracekelly, it was nice to meet ya finally, even if we didn't get to talk much. :biggrin2:

always cracks me up remembering the bit when he says 1 living room gig, just one and sara says which living room..? :roftl:

He doesn't even look that serious when he says it.

when we said are you serious twice, he did look serious.

I don't mean to say it's truly true, I haven't got a clue, really, it's not be the 1st time he says smt to us that then reveals not to be true, but he did have a serious face / tone.

when we said are you serious twice, he did look serious.

I don't mean to say it's truly true, I haven't got a clue, really, it's not be the 1st time he says smt to us that then reveals not to be true, but he did have a serious face / tone.

Oh okay, I guess I missed that in the video. :naughty:

But Mika always has these grand ideas that don't always formulate:teehee:

I had taken 3 pics, on before gig, two after. I know, I have checked. for some unknown reason, I am left with only 1, my only lonely pic of milano gig.

the guy with the red cap:naughty:

p6060036z.jpg

Indeed

That's we can see on that vid :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KXA20rPUyk

so mysterious :blink:

Oooooooooooooooooh, great find!! I was wondering if anyone would have captured that chat or part of it :thumb_yello:.

He doesn't even look that serious when he says it.

I swear he was totally serious, he meant it.

Ok, my vids so far:

Mika - GRACE KELLY @Teatro Franco Parenti in Milan 060609

Mika - LADY JANE @Teatro Franco Parenti in Milan 060609

Mika - STUCK IN THE MIDDLE @Teatro Franco Parenti in Milan 060609

Mika - BLUE EYES @Teatro Franco Parenti in Milan 060609

Mika - Toy Boy @Teatro Franco Parenti in Milan 060609

The absolute highlight for me was Lollipop :wub2: That poor piano though, stood on it banging a dustbin!! & that silly hat he wore!! Shame my batteries died at that point, so I didn't get a photo of it before I'd scrambled around in my bag to find the other ones I had! And the stage invasion, I still can't believe I actually made it on stage!! It was like there was no thinking involved, one minute I was stood in front of my seat, next minute I'm stood on the stage in front of the piano!! I can't wait to see the videos from that, it was an amazing experience!

Yeah, poor poor piano!!!!

And yes, I didn't even thing either. When I saw he made signs to Sara and Mana to come on stage, I didn't hesitate a second and the second after, I was at his feet!!!!

Some (morons, IMO) grabbed his legs while he was on the piano, and i thought that it would get tricky,but somehow he managed to move away and everything went ok.

He did an unbelievable OMS and acoustic relax,which gave me goosebums. Why he doesn't feel that he can do that song acoustically baffles me.

He has this incredible stage presence teamed with a super down to earth approach which really seems to work, and the chemistry that he has with Mika and Martin is unmistakeable.

Grabbing his legs, that was totally disrespectful in my opinion...

And Relax was just too good to be described!! I was so happy he decided to sing it!

I forgotten to mention someone: leire and emerald, it was really nice meet you finally! very glad we have been together at this gig. :thumb_yello:

I was really niche to meet you too!!! :D

one thing I found funny was when it'd have been our turn to speak to him (after the gig) and people kept jumping into convo from behind.. a guy with english accent told him I'm.. and I tweet with you often! and he said in a clearly honest way, I'm SO tired of tweeting!, which I found just hilarious. :naughty:

:roftl:

Some consideration: it is NOT actually a REAL acoustic gig (as HE also said after we jumped and screamed as hell in few songs while he was jumping on that poor piano! He said something like: "It was supposed to be an acoustic gig *makes a funny face*...that's what we told to the theatre staff").

OOOOOOO naughty boy hahaha

As most people have already said, the gig was great! I felt really involved and every song was amazing. M wanted to be an entertainer and he actually succeeded. I’m sure he wanted to impress especially because he was back to Italy (and to Milan) after a long time.

One thing I particularly liked about the gig is that the band was like an orchestra and he was a real conductor for them. He gave the instructions and they did great! I felt all the songs were connected artfully, although the screaming of some girls often spoiled the transition from one song to another.

The new songs were all fabulous and I can’t wait to see what will happen when the first singles are released. GGG was so good and thrilling that I got emotional with OMS. The change was definitely too sudden! Baby laura… :tears:

All the jumping section of the gig was actually scary. I was afraid the floor might crumble under my feet. I hope they told him off at the end of the show. He did misbehave!!!

I was so amazed by his performance that it’s difficult to remember everything. He gave us the best smiles ever and did his best to be funny. He was a real crazy guy. He was proud he was being a naughty boy.

I was happy to listen to My Interpretation, but also wanted to hear Any Other World. I guess I just can’t get enough. :biggrin2:

I thought the theatre would just collapse and also I was bouncing so high I thought I was flying!!!

Now I'm going to write my report and upload my pics on photobucket and download the pics that have already been posted. I won't sleep much tonight I guess. Though I really should =S

Didn't you already bump into Mika at the aiport last year too? :

that was already in 2007, ibiza. looong ago, so it was time for another airport meeting. :naughty:

so he said secret gigs? pfft, he must have thought I'm completely mad about what i said to him at the airport then! :loco::lmfao:

about the living room gig, he also added that it would cost a lot of points... so maybe it's something you have to save for for years, even if you go to all the gigs. :bleh:

what i find interesting is that i don't even have a post-gig-depression yet. wondering if that is cause milan was so fab and i'm satisfied for the next few months, or cause i've seen him again today so the depression will start tomorrow. :blink: at the moment i'm just happy about the berlin and milan experience and also happy to be back home, though of course i'd love to go to london, but more to meet the MFCers there than because of mika. guess i'll change my mind though if anything spectacular happens on the rest of the tour, like special mfc meet+greet - then i will surely regret a lot not having been there!

TB, freaking fantastic!!!!!! :wub2::teehee::blush-anim-cl::wub2:

min. 1.17 to 1.23: look at his face!! pricesless!! :roftl::das:

Ok, my vids so far:

Mika - GRACE KELLY @Teatro Franco Parenti in Milan 060609

Mika - LADY JANE @Teatro Franco Parenti in Milan 060609

Mika - STUCK IN THE MIDDLE @Teatro Franco Parenti in Milan 060609

Mika - BLUE EYES @Teatro Franco Parenti in Milan 060609

Mika - Toy Boy @Teatro Franco Parenti in Milan 060609