MIKA @ Sadlers Wells, London - June 8 2009 - Gig Reports, Photos & Videos

Blue Sky

Wow! I came home yesterday and am still in Mikaland! To simply be there at that breathtaking concert was enough, but to meet him again was the icing on the cake. He was so lovely to me and when I brought out a calendar for him to sign he even asked "Where shall I sign?" Awww...:blush-anim-cl: We had a laugh and I gave him a present to which he said "That's very sweet!"

The concert was phenomenal. I went from jumping around like a loony to almost, I admit, welling up at times-the new songs touched me in particular. Mika is such a talented and lovely man who it was a joy to watch. I also met many MFCers-sorry if I miss any of you out- Sasje, Sariflor, Freddie, Neiobi, Dcdeb, Mikafish and the fantastic Cazgirl, who took a picture of me with her and who I spoke to for quite a while. You all rule, as well as those who I didn't meet. We're all amazing! GO FAN CLUB!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK ... Where to start with this report :wub2:

Was absolutely lovely to spend the morning with some fellow Oldlings (Kath, Abby, Rose, Silver, Monie and Shady) this London trip wouldn't have been the same without you - had a lovely meal in a restaurant called The Worship ... apt name me thinks - not that we worship Meeks ... or at least Abby doesn't :wink2: Or does she secretly ... Kath ... you'll have to get back to me on that one :biggrin2:

Was lovely to meet Jemma, Carlota and her Mum - sorry I wasn't that talkative but I think the nerves were starting to play up by that time ... :aah:

Sadler's Wells .... actually the first MFC'er I saw when I got there was Cazgirl .... who was stood outside with some people .... I knew it was her and wanted to say hi ... but I wimped out .... :sneaky2: Went in and instantly bought the EP book - even though I'd pre-ordered it ... and I told myself that I was not going to do that .... Eventually you couldn't move for people in that foyer .... nerves finally decided to go - or I decided to ignore them and talk to people anyway .... I think I pretty much said hi to most people .... that is If I recognised them - said hello to Cazgirl just as we were let into the stalls area .... made my way to my seat ..... extremely happy with seat ... was behind Freddie and Caz .... who were the only two I didn't say hi to in the foyer - so rectified that ....

Nectar ..... really really nice to meet you finally and really hope you enjoyed your first Mika gig ... though of course I didn't see you enjoying yourself too much did I .... nope .... just some clapping and lots of Bravo's :wink2:

Blue Roses .... were extremely sweet girls ... she had a lovely voice ... but just abit too samey for me .... and well ... I wanted to see Mika ..... I've not seen him since February last year - it's been a long time .... I remember talking to Mana who wasn't sure if she was going to Paris or not .... I said to her to go to Paris for all those who couldn't - so we had her reports to look forward too .... god I wish I was going to Paris tomorrow :aah:

Mika .... what can I say about him that hasn't been said ..... he's just incredible .... had a really good view from where I was sat/stood .... had bought a digi camera and memory cards but to be honest I ended up mostly just not using it as I wanted to enjoy the show .... when you're sat there watching him - I can't even think of words ..... to express what I want to say ..... there's just something about that voice , that person .... that just reduces me too ..... when he did Over My Shoulder .... I don't even like it that much on the record .... but he just mesmorises you .... you can't stop watching him .... the way he plays .... the concentration on his face .... the voice that just sends shivers up your spine .... I couldn't stop watching others though either .... Mana going mental in front of me .... looking sideways at Robi and Rose .... who had inane grins on their faces for most of it ..... actually you could look anywhere in those first few rows and we'd have all been the same ... If you could actually bottle this .... what he does .... what he makes us feel .... :blush-anim-cl: I'm just so proud of him .... of us .... of being a fan .... sappiness ensues in bucketloads .....

I love all the new songs .... but when he introduced Lonely Alcoholic and the whole first 3 or so rows just erupted in cheers - and he swung round to look at the audience - his face made me laugh .... I so hoped he'd do it in London - and he didn't disappoint - loved Lollipop .... the trashcan beginning .... the sound of it is incredible .... the huge ball thing ..... :lmfao: you could tell that wasn't gonna be a very good idea .... the place just wasn't big enough .... I so wanted to nick a balloon at the end of it .... but how on earth was I gonna get it back home on the coach - so I left it .... I wasn't expecting the stage invasion during Relax ... I was expecting it ... but just not then ..... was lovely to see people at first just enjoying themselves up there .... but there was just too many people - I felt really sorry for him .... but he does ask for it ... not everyone can contain themselves when they're around him and unfortunately you're always gonna have them rush up to join in ..... and they will never behave :(

Will write about Meet and Greet in a sec ....

:roftl:

I vaguely remember there being some people who might have been ushers inside the auditorium but they weren't doing much ushering as far as I could see...

No one checked my tickets either:blink: how very odd!!! they just opened the doors and we all just went in!!! I dont think i even saw ushers, just bar staff!

thank you sara! it was nice meeting you! :-)

Thanks, it was lovely meeting you too!

Ah, Sara, I knew you would come in here with your lovely list, THANKYOU!!

I will add your vids onto the front page.

:wub2:

Haha well, they are not super, quality wise, because I was a bit all over the place and zooming in too much trying to dodge his bro's head and the paps, and on the Relax vid (yet to be posted) I left the cam running while Aurelien pulled me up on the stage so you can imagine what THAT looked like :roftl:, but hey, they are what they are.

At least they give a good impression of what WE felt down there!

I haven't been able to read the whole thread either, but I have seen some interesting YouTube vids: one from Amsterdam when Mika, before the gig, told some fans to spread the word for a stage invasion - and one from SW when it is totally clear that Mika invited you, Aurelien, up on stage and seemed totally comfortable with everything that happened. He would have stayed up on the piano if he'd been freaked by the fans, but I think he felt (mostly) that he was among friends - as indeed he (mostly) is.

Also loving the seated/unseated and queuing/leaving the queue debates :naughty:

i can't say anything about what happened in london because i wasn't there but about amsterdam, i was there when mika said something before the gig. and he didn't say we should come on stage. poor stage if we did hahah that was really to tiny.

but he said we should tell everybody to get up and dance like crazy

I had a brilliant time at the gig! Finally met Freddie after all these years and Sasje, whom i've always wanted to meet.:biggrin2: So many MFCers.. I'm sorry if didn't say hello to everyone.. it was too overwhelming. It was really nice to see some ppl i've met before again.. Tia, Bexxy, Rose, Vixen(Liz), Christine, Mikafish, Jennie..etc.. too many to mention.. it was also a pleasure to meet Sienna, Nikki, Suzie, Babspanky, cazzie (?? is this right - Fred's other half), DCDeb, Caz..Neiobi.. my God how cute are you two!!! and many many more.. I don't think I can name everyone right now.. but i have all of you in mind. honest :naughty:

Anyway, I had a brilliant time! Thanks Fred for that poster.. and it being number 20, i'm well chuffed.. Rose I love your van really, and I love how you just walked passed Brian May as I was following you..There's nothing else I can add about the gig itself.. it was simply amazing.. magic as usual and even more magical this time. I passed Bryan May like 3 times .. we had eye contact!:thumb_yello:

I was right by Rose at the line during the Meet & Greet... saw Fred pass the Aussie petition to Mika:thumb_yello: and witnessed Rose asking Mika the Random question :biggrin2: I was of course very pleased when Mika remembers me again.. and that he chatted for a bit. I saw the video Rose filmed on Cazzie's camera..and now have mixed feelings .. I'm happy that we spoke, but I feel bad for chatting to him a lil too much that he just kept on signing stuff while talking to me..(to those ppl on my left, i'm sorry if i've stolen your Mika moment), but i am very pleased with that lil wave he gave me before he went on..:blush-anim-cl: see mixed feelings...:sneaky2:

I really enjoyed meeting everyone, and hope to meet you all again. Oh and apparently... the paparazzi got a photo of Mika and me talking so, i'm extremely happy, cause my camera battery was very low as soon as i got to the venue and didn't get many and by that time was completely flat..

Give her a big thanks for me!:biggrin2

I will!:biggrin2:

I'll start my report later tonight... I've been postponing it for so long now but I need to think a while first.

Sam, I can't even remember your face TBH but loved meeting you! I remember how you said "I'm the one with the long username, e-mail like":aah:

Laurel, it was lovely to meet you anyways:wub2:

Nikjass.. We talked for such a short while but it was really nice to meet you too! I saw you everywhere and talking to everyone but didn't know who you were on here so I decided to talk to you anyway to find out:biggrin2::roftl: And thanks for the cute compliment... I got that so many times that evening:blush-anim-cl:

The kanguroo and the crocodile hanging out on stage before the support act IMG_2862.jpg

Edited by Neiobi

i can't say anything about what happened in london because i wasn't there but about amsterdam, i was there when mika said something before the gig. and he didn't say we should come on stage. poor stage if we did hahah that was really to tiny.

but he said we should tell everybody to get up and dance like crazy

The man barely had space to move himself in Amsterdam, let alone if it was infiltrated with a bunch of insane people:mf_rosetinted:

I'll start my report later tonight... I've been postponing it for so long now but I need to think a while first.

Sam, I can't even remember your face TBH but loved meeting you! I remember how you said "I'm the one with the long username, e-mail like":aah:

Laurel, it was lovely to meet you anyways:wub2:

Nikjass.. We talked for such a short while but it was really nice to meet you too! I saw you everywhere and talking to everyone but didn't know who you were on here so I decided to talk to you anyway to find out:biggrin2::roftl: And thanks for the cute compliment... I got that so many times that evening:blush-anim-cl:

The kanguroo and the crocodile hanging out on stage before the support act IMG_2862.jpg

Loved meeting you too, you're soooo cute! I wore a pink coat...remember me now?! Yeah, everyone here knows me as the one with the long username, so that's how I introduced myself!

Loved meeting you too, you're soooo cute! I wore a pink coat...remember me now?! Yeah, everyone here knows me as the one with the long username, so that's how I introduced myself!

Awwww:blush-anim-cl: Thanks:teehee:

I do now! It's just so many people, new faces, new names...:aah:

It's a good way to recognize you:roftl:

I've just remembered something.

Not a single person at the venue checked my ticket...no member of staff as much as glanced at it. :shocked:

In effect, I walked through the wide open doors of Sadler's Wells and into the foyer and into my seat without any intervention from anyone. I thought it was really weird at the time and remember saying to Karen that we could be anybody, we could have just walked off the street without tickets or paying or anything.

Did this happen to everyone? I meant to ask around out of interest but forgot, there were more interesting things to think about after all :naughty:.

The man checked my ticket and told me where to go lol

it's a little card they give you, i've got it apart with the poster, and prob should be in the cd pocket (haven't bought another book NO! i'll wait my mailed one! :sneaky2:)

it's a separate little card saying that with the purchase you've got 2000 points.

f

I didn't get anything with the poster nor with the CD I received today. :blink:

Wow! I came home yesterday and am still in Mikaland! To simply be there at that breathtaking concert was enough, but to meet him again was the icing on the cake. He was so lovely to me and when I brought out a calendar for him to sign he even asked "Where shall I sign?" Awww...:blush-anim-cl: We had a laugh and I gave him a present to which he said "That's very sweet!"

The concert was phenomenal. I went from jumping around like a loony to almost, I admit, welling up at times-the new songs touched me in particular. Mika is such a talented and lovely man who it was a joy to watch. I also met many MFCers-sorry if I miss any of you out- Sasje, Sariflor, Freddie, Neiobi, Dcdeb, Mikafish and the fantastic Cazgirl, who took a picture of me with her and who I spoke to for quite a while. You all rule, as well as those who I didn't meet. We're all amazing! GO FAN CLUB!

Awwww!!! *gushes* That's ADORABLE to the max!! :wub2:Now, I feel really rude to say this LOLZ, but are you the one that approached me in the queue? I know that person said they had a long forum name and....well you have a long forum name...and I had a picture with this person...:roftl: Just wanna make sure!

Meet and Greet ....

After the show - I spotted Soaring Simpson across the other side of the theatre ... wasn't sure if she'd made it so was really glad to see her .... as I went through one of the empty rows - cos' everyone was leaving - I passed Yasmine - why didn't I speak to her .... :aah: I was too shy too .... loved her dress though .... :boing:

We then were asked to leave and made our way outside ..... :)

Obviously most of us were round the other side ... taking group pics ... people signing the flag .... I think it was Robi who suggested it might be a good idea to go to the stage door ..... when we walked round there and I saw the queue .... I thought :aah: I wanted my book signed obviously ... If I could .... but I had a bracelet and a very stange looking cat for him .... I can't describe this cat .... it just looked like it was high on something .... or it needed a really good home .... :lmfao: Actually apart from the bracelet - which I'd bought for him anyway ... the cat was a substitute present cos' I'd ordered this awesome t-shirt for him and it hadn't arrived :( It still hasn't arrived actually .... and I'm not that happy about it - I shall be having words :bash:

Nikjass it was great seeing you again 2:wub2: Lets hope its not so long til next time!

yeah me too!! I didn't see you or Bexxy after that.. didn't even say goodbye.:boxed:

You are just soo adorable!:biggrin2:

The queue was huge ... and to be honest I didn't hold out much hope of seeing or speaking to him - obviously most of us MFC'ers were at the back of the queue ... I was a few people in front of Freddie, Rose and Cassie - when the stewards/security came down and said no pics, no autographs - he would just come down and say hi to people and that would be it .... I took that literally ..... just left my camera's round my neck and didn't bother to take out the pressies or the EP book .... but as I was on the edge of the crowd facing the road ... you could see as he got closer that he definitely was signing stuff .... so I got the EP out and the pressies ..... there was a security guy who shouted at a girl I was near that he'd said no cameras at the start and he meant it and he knocked the camera out of the way ... so I still left mine round my neck .... finally Mika was in front of me .... he just signed the book without looking at me .... I wasn't sure if I should ask him if I could give him the pressies as he didn't look like he'd been given anything so far - but as he was about to go on to the next person I touch his arm and asked him if I could just give him these presents I'd got for him .... and he stopped and looked at me - he kind of took the presents at first without saying anything or really looking at them .... then went to sign the next autograph .... and I don't know what ... but something made him look at the stuff I'd just given him - he looked at the bracelet first and then looked at the cat (as I said it was an odd looking thing - I have no idea why I gave it to him :aah:) but then a grin went across his face ... and he stepped back and smiled at me .... squeezed my hand ..... :wub2: and said Thank You ..... then carried on down ..... He really has no idea what that meant to me .... I can't really explain it .... I'm not gonna try too ...

I did try and take some pics of him afterwards before he got in the car ... but not sure if they came out OK or not .... I wish I'd taken some pics when he was near me .... but I actually did what I was told :mad3: It kind of sucks being good :( Maybe next time I'll get a nice pic of him ... until then I'll just steal all of yours :boing:

Awwww!!! *gushes* That's ADORABLE to the max!! :wub2:Now, I feel really rude to say this LOLZ, but are you the one that approached me in the queue? I know that person said they had a long forum name and....well you have a long forum name...and I had a picture with this person...:roftl: Just wanna make sure!

I am! You are a lovely person!

Okay pretty much made it through the thread now, don't think I need to write a report :mf_rosetinted: I missed the queueing, but I guess I'm the only lonely one :boxed: I'm not very comfortable with so many people going in all directions and talking from all sides, so if I seemed rude or weird from time to time then it's nothing personal, I just get very easily confused :dunno:

Anyway I enjoyed the gig and it was nice seeing everyone again, even if I didn't get to talk much to anyone and probably didn't make much sense :fisch:

Edited by Kata

Sadler's Wells .... actually the first MFC'er I saw when I got there was Cazgirl .... who was stood outside with some people .... I knew it was her and wanted to say hi ... but I wimped out .... :sneaky2: Went in and instantly bought the EP book - even though I'd pre-ordered it ... and I told myself that I was not going to do that .... Eventually you couldn't move for people in that foyer .... nerves finally decided to go - or I decided to ignore them and talk to people anyway .... I think I pretty much said hi to most people .... that is If I recognised them - said hello to Cazgirl just as we were let into the stalls area .... made my way to my seat ..... extremely happy with seat ... was behind Freddie and Caz .... who were the only two I didn't say hi to in the foyer - so rectified that ....

Awww Laurel!!! You're too adorable. No need to be shy, I didn't bite, did I? :biggrin2:

I always feel special when people write my name in their reports, it's nice to be remembered :blush-anim-cl::wub2:

Read the other half of your report, you sound totally starstruck! But I felt the same way. Gosh, I really miss Mika now. I want another gig pronto!

Caz..Neiobi.. my God how cute are you two!!!

:blush-anim-cl::blush-anim-cl:Hush lol.....:roftl:fanksh xD