The Codes and the Points.

CazGirl

I really want to speak my mind, because I really feel like doing it! You're not my shrinks, you're not supposed to listen/read to what I have to say, but I want to point out what I feel because I think our opinion matters and I'll never stop believing that.

Even if I am the only one believing this, it's ok, I learned from Mika that being alone in your madness it's ok. I have also learned from Mika, and ADORED him for the fact that he always stated UP HIGH that he DOES'T MAKE MUSIC FOR MONEY! HE NEVER WANTED TO BE RICH! and so on.

I am very very very dissapointed...he has kept us boiling in hell waiting to hear the SUPER TOP SECRET name of the album, which is the most ordinary possible. The EP: delayed! Points: fooled us around with them! SO MANY projects started and forgotten: M player, the Blackall project, the blogs he promised us and so on...This points now: he knows our weakest points (the fact that WE WORSHIP HIS MUSIC, that we'd go at the end of the world to see him, meeting him between bubbles of champagne would be more than perfect for all of us, right?) and he takes advantage of them and...and...sales himself. :tears: I wasn't expecting this. Is this marketing strategy??? :shocked: geez...it's terrible.

If this is not Mika's fault directly then I have 2 options to blame: the record company putting pressure on him to release the album and someone else I cannot name. (PM me if you want to know)

He may come up with these ideas, but there must be people who see beyond the great ideas their wallets.

I am mad! I don't know at who exactly. But I don't feel right. The only chance is the music I still believe in because I haven't heard it yet. When you're 16 and your dream of becoming a film director in order to get to direct a Mika video, and letting everyone around me know about it and make them do something about it and you get to see the the appearances are different from what they really hide is kinda devastating. I got a taste of it at the gig, but put them aside and enjoyed the best part. I am talking about the-person-that-cannot-be-named too. Even if he'd turned up and admitted that he is G*Y wouldn't have mattered that much, because I only respect him and love him for what he had created with his brain.

Don't ban me! I just felt like sharing my heart. I can delete my post if you want me to. But we're not here to say that ANYTHING that he does is right.

But I am very dissapointed and mad because I don't want to give up on being a Mika fan! It's one of the best things that happened to me. I have so many great memories. Everything around me reminds me of him.

I will get over it I'm sure, but I won't buy cd's for the whole population of my town to get to meet him. :no:

Bianca

Edited by B!anka

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohh dear this is a hugeee question and one I dont know ...

I thought the code was only for the tickets.. example I ordered the EP and got no code ...

Might take some answering on team mika side of life:blink:

mine said the following:

The product(‘s) you have purchased can be redeemed for a personal gift from MIKA. We will email you on May 25th with a unique code and full instructions.

For more information keep checking back to http://www.mikasounds.com

not points... but a personal gift! :naughty: do you suppose as a personal gift, i could ask him to please pretty please start his new tour by montreal!?? i'd even buy him a poutine to make him feel welcome! :wub2:

I really want to speak my mind, because I really feel like doing it! You're not my shrinks, you're not supposed to listen/read to what I have to say, but I want to point out what I feel because I think our opinion matters and I'll never stop believing that.

Even if I am the only one believing this, it's ok, I learned from Mika that being alone in your madness it's ok. I have also learned from Mika, and ADORED him for the fact that he always stated UP HIGH that he DOES'T MAKE MUSIC FOR MONEY! HE NEVER WANTED TO BE RICH! and so on.

I am very very very dissapointed...he has kept us boiling in hell waiting to hear the SUPER TOP SECRET name of the album, which is the most ordinary possible. The EP: delayed! Points: fooled us around with them! SO MANY projects started and forgotten: M player, the Blackall project, the blogs he promised us and so on...This points now: he knows our weakest points (the fact that WE WORSHIP HIS MUSIC, that we'd go at the end of the world to see him, meeting him between bubbles of champagne would be more than perfect for all of us, right?) and he takes advantage of them and...and...sales himself. :tears: I wasn't expecting this.

If this is not Mika's fault directly then I have 2 options to blame: the record company putting pressure on him to release the album and someone else I cannot name. (PM me if you want to know)

He may come up with this ideas, but there must be people who see beyond the great ideas their wallets.

I am mad! I don't know at who exactly. But I don't feel right. The only chance is the music I still believe in because I haven't heard it yet.

Don't ban me! I just felt like sharing my heart. I can delete my post if you want me to.

But I am very dissapointed and mad because I don't want to give up on being a Mika fan! It's one of the best things that happened to me. I have so many great memories. Everything around me reminds me of him.

I will get over it I'm sure, but I won't buy cd's for the whole population of my town to get to meet him. :no:

Bianca

i understand how you feel, but sometimes things aren't always what they appear to be. we don't always know the reasons.

with all my heart, i do believe that mika means well. things don't always happen the way he says, but in all fairness i don't think it's his fault. i think that time is a factor in many cases. ie acoustic gigs around the world.. well summer is only so long and he had to start promos, videos etc....

he does alot more then other artists for his fans...

chin up! i'm sure in the end, he will not disappoint you! :huglove:

Bianca, I get what you're saying -- but yes, I do think this is a

marketing strategy. It is called the music *business* for a reason --

it's a business! And this is one way to generate interest. But I think

it can also be seen as sort of an incentive program -- a way to

reward people who DO spend a lot of money buying Mika's records,

tickets and other merchandise. And if, as Mika said, they award

points for visiting Mikasounds, or posting on Mikasounds, etc. then

it's a way to reward people who invest a lot of time reading and

thinking and talking about Mika. (Although don't get me started

about what I think it's going to do the amount of empty posts

on Mikasounds -- or how I worry about people leaving MFC to

spend time posting on Mikasounds just to get points!) :naughty:

Anyhow, about this:

Don't ban me! I just felt like sharing my heart. I can delete my post if you want me to.

You know, when people say things like this it confuses me. :blink:

This is not the kind of thing that people get banned for, or that

posts get deleted for. You're A-OK! :thumb_yello:

mine said the following:

The product(‘s) you have purchased can be redeemed for a personal gift from MIKA. We will email you on May 25th with a unique code and full instructions.

For more information keep checking back to www.mikasounds.com

not points... but a personal gift! :naughty: do you suppose as a personal gift, i could ask him to please pretty please start his new tour by montreal!?? i'd even buy him a poutine to make him feel welcome! :wub2:

LOL! Guy, one of my emails said the same -- I was thinking that

the personal gift would be something autographed, or maybe that

special embroidered EP I read about... clearly, I wasn't thinking

big enough!

i understand how you feel, but sometimes things aren't always what they appear to be. we don't always know the reasons.

with all my heart, i do believe that mika means well. things don't always happen the way he says, but in all fairness i don't think it's his fault. i think that time is a factor in many cases. ie acoustic gigs around the world.. well summer is only so long and he had to start promos, videos etc....

he does alot more then other artists for his fans...

chin up! i'm sure in the end, he will not disappoint you! :huglove:

Thank you! :original:

Bianca, I get what you're saying -- but yes, I do think this is a

marketing strategy. It is called the music *business* for a reason --

it's a business! And this is one way to generate interest. But I think

it can also be seen as sort of an incentive program -- a way to

reward people who DO spend a lot of money buying Mika's records,

tickets and other merchandise. And if, as Mika said, they award

points for visiting Mikasounds, or posting on Mikasounds, etc. then

it's a way to reward people who invest a lot of time reading and

thinking and talking about Mika. (Although don't get me started

about what I think it's going to do the amount of empty posts

on Mikasounds -- or how I worry about people leaving MFC to

spend time posting on Mikasounds just to get points!) :naughty:

Yeah! DAMN THE MUSIC BUSSINESS! :tears:

I won't leave MFC for MS...:wub2: because I cannot log in there and I'm not bothering to anymore...

Anyhow, about this:

You know, when people say things like this it confuses me. :blink:

This is not the kind of thing that people get banned for, or that

posts get deleted for. You're A-OK! :thumb_yello:

Ok. :original:

On the other hand...I feel like :puke: and I cannot stop crying. I cannot even look at him. I feel lost. My dream is kinda slipping through my fingers. It's damn hard. I WANT to believe that Mika is the best guy in the world. Sometimes I wonder if he even knows what he's got himself into...the look in his eyes I saw is like a big NO to that question.

i don't get it... i have 500 points although i have bought the EP (which says it's worth 2000 points)

not to mention the merch code i never got (and was supposed to value 3000 points)

comments added on MS never added to my points. :sneaky2:

I don't think this is all about money and selling things. He has showed it so many times, he values small things that don't cost much. I was there when he talked about these codes in milan, right in front of him. You have seen the vid about it! He looked very sincere :wub2: I think he appreciates his fans and this community. He has so many plans for Mika fans, and like he said, "it takes time" :naughty:

he values small things that don't cost much. He has so many plans for Mika fans, and like he said, "it takes time" :naughty:

Why do these plans involve buying piles of CD's?:mf_rosetinted:

If he values small things that don't cost much, a smarties contest would have been just perfect for a meet and greet, right?:mf_rosetinted:

I have a question.

Where we got the codes, when we bought the tickets for the gigs, do they get put on automatically?

Because my friend bought the ticket on his card, and he's not a member.

So what happens then?

I have a question.

Where we got the codes, when we bought the tickets for the gigs, do they get put on automatically?

Because my friend bought the ticket on his card, and he's not a member.

So what happens then?

i think he has to sign up on mikasounds and then he can add what he bought and put that redeem code to activate the points.

(if he was lucky enough to get the redeem code :sneaky2:)

I should have more points...but I know I'm not the only one. Oh well, what cam I do? Also, who's the leader? :das:

according to the chart i should have around 5500 points...

i only have 500.

there's a way to validate more with the codes you should have got.

I just got 100 pts for uploading an avatar. What if I change my avatar every day? :naughty:

that's not fair really :blink: i never got my points for having an avatar.

aaah i should leave before i get all whiny :naughty:

Why do these plans involve buying piles of CD's?:mf_rosetinted:

If he values small things that don't cost much, a smarties contest would have been just perfect for a meet and greet, right?:mf_rosetinted:

Many of us do buy his music and tickets. I'm sure he just wants to reward people for money and time we use. The system is not perfect yet... Oh dear, he has so many plans :naughty:

Just uplaoad a new one. That's what I did. It says that points sometimes take 48 hrs to redeem.

b-b-but i like the one i have now :biggrin2:

i don't care about the avatar points :crybaby: i want my EP points and i can't get them without that code the sandbag people have forgotten to put in my mail :sneaky2:

Where are the codes from the t-shirts and digital ep to be found? I put in every number that was on my t-shirt and my order reference number from the digital ep but got nothing.

It's all very exciting though, I love the animated bar, haha.

If you just type in google: mika magic numbers

The site turns up

Let's hope it's not a phishing site :teehee:

I am very very very dissapointed...he has kept us boiling in hell waiting to hear the SUPER TOP SECRET name of the album, which is the most ordinary possible. The EP: delayed! Points: fooled us around with them! SO MANY projects started and forgotten: M player, the Blackall project, the blogs he promised us and so on...This points now: he knows our weakest points (the fact that WE WORSHIP HIS MUSIC, that we'd go at the end of the world to see him, meeting him between bubbles of champagne would be more than perfect for all of us, right?) and he takes advantage of them and...and...sales himself. :tears: I wasn't expecting this. Is this marketing strategy??? :shocked: geez...it's terrible.

He may come up with these ideas, but there must be people who see beyond the great ideas their wallets.

I am mad! I don't know at who exactly. But I don't feel right. The only chance is the music I still believe in because I haven't heard it yet. When you're 16 and your dream of becoming a film director in order to get to direct a Mika video, and letting everyone around me know about it and make them do something about it and you get to see the the appearances are different from what they really hide is kinda devastating. I got a taste of it at the gig, but put them aside and enjoyed the best part. I am talking about the-person-that-cannot-be-named too. Even if he'd turned up and admitted that he is G*Y wouldn't have mattered that much, because I only respect him and love him for what he had created with his brain.

Don't ban me! I just felt like sharing my heart. I can delete my post if you want me to. But we're not here to say that ANYTHING that he does is right.

Bianca

:huglove:

Don't apologize or even think you can or would get banned for stating your opinion and share your feelings. It is something that has always made this forum interesting, unboring and real.

I can see what you are talking about. Your initial Mika bubble burst and you realized that there is a monetary interest of those who are involved with the Mika music business.

Is anything ever what it seems to be? Barely.

Is Mika what he seems to be? I can't fight the strong impression that he is.

There can only be so much crap happening around him, take influence on his decisions and his doing, I'm still convinced that up to now it never reached his core. I do believe that he is still much more unjaded than many other artists at that state of their career. I can't state this as a fact. It is a vibe I get whenever I get anywhere near him. Does that sound sloppy? Well, I can't help it.

As for the promises (Blackall, questions to be answered.... non-pecuniary things in general...) I think the moment he says something like that, he means it. I believe he is just one of those people with their head full of ideas getting in each other's way as there is only so much you can pack your 24 hours day with. And then there's new ideas the next day... a nightmare.

So, don't feel too bitter. This business thing is reality. But Mika is, too.

me too.

aw so you didn't get your code either... i thought there were only 3 or 4 members in this situation...

not meaning to be rude or anything... but this is what happens when dyslexic people get into complicated stuff :naughty: