Mika's showcase in Toronto review

Miro

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She reckons We Are Golden sounds like High School Musical? :aah: That's not what I wanted to hear..but I'm sure it'll be good nonetheless.

yes, I think for some non-sophisticated listeners most upbeat catchy pop might be comparable to High Steet Musical from which I only heard one song but that was enough to put me away from listening to any more tracks....(as well as the cheesy faces..etc):naughty:

Anyway, from what I heard in the vlog I'd compare it to Happy Ending more than any other type of song--- We'll see.

+Calvin Harris liked it, too:biggrin2:

Tsk tsk. 'Pretty'. :sneaky2:

So he did play. What's more, new songs. What a bastard. :mf_rosetinted:

Didn't he do the same in Milan though? And Berlin. And Paris. And who knows where else because I've forgotten.

He's done these press things all over. Except London.

And we know "Rain". I mean, I know we only heard the acoustic version but from the clip we got from Mika's V-Log we kinda get the drift, right?

To tell you the truth, I never really liked Rain as I heard it at concerts but I am expecting him to put a completely different version of it on the album ( with the help of Owen Pallett) and I believe the additional production has worked wonders on it... It will be something like Relax with the album and the acoustic versions being completely different ( though I must add I like both versions of Relax)

To sum it up, I am not worried at all...

:blush-anim-cl:

Tsk tsk. 'Pretty'. :sneaky2:

So he did play. What's more, new songs. What a bastard. :mf_rosetinted:

no no no... I think you mistunderstood....

he played the album to them..... ( i mean talked about the song and pushed the play button...)

There was no concert:wink2:

...and don't forget, it was for the press only (to win them.. it works better than just sending them the album with some silly merchandise:biggrin2:)

Yeah, The Observer said that as well.

Oh. Did I miss something? Didn't I read that article good enough? *is as confused as a 15 year old boy waking up naked on the lawn of his grandparents*

Well yeah I understand. But Toy Boy and Blue Eyes are on a CD on their own. I just think that's where they should stay lol...personally.

Me too

Maybe he'll add a surprise second disc:mf_rosetinted:

That'd be awesome.

The MFC Documentary? LOL :roftl:

Oh thanks for mentioning it! I should really start working on my bit.:naughty:

T4P Miro :biggrin2:

She reckons We Are Golden sounds like High School Musical? :aah: That's not what I wanted to hear..but I'm sure it'll be good nonetheless.

Yeah but she said "High School Musical 4:out of the closet". I groaned when I read the first bit, but it's obviously not your typical HSM (unless the movies have a subtext that went straight over my head).

I have to say I agree with you on that, and it has been on my mind as well:wink2: But if we think about it, it's not inevitable (sp?) right? I mean, before licm, there was 'nothing' for most of us, so every song on the album was new. Now we have all the scoops on new songs, song titles, hearing new songs at gigs... It's something that we'll have to live with ;)

Yeah, I agree- at least about the non-EP songs. I agree with the people who can't see the big deal with Blue Eyes though

He's done these showcases all over Europe and now Canada. I'm not aware he's done USA or London yet though. Or did I miss that?

Q magazine said they had an exclusive- maybe that's why (for the UK)

To tell you the truth, I never really liked Rain as I heard it at concerts but I am expecting him to put a completely different version of it on the album ( with the help of Owen Pallett) and I believe the additional production has worked wonders on it... It will be something like Relax with the album and the acoustic versions being completely different ( though I must add I like both versions of Relax)

To sum it up, I am not worried at all...

:blush-anim-cl:

I love the bit of Rain from the vlog. I'm really looking forward to hearing the full version on the album :biggrin2:

thanks for posting miro!!! :flowers2:

"When everything is becoming so digitized and paperless, it’s important to create something that’s really worth getting.”

i like this concept! :thumb_yello:

But say there are 12 songs on there like LiCM.

We know "Blame it on the Girls", and we know "Good Gone Girl". We also know "Toy Boy" and "Blue Eyes". And we know "Rain". I mean, I know we only heard the acoustic version but from the clip we got from Mika's V-Log we kinda get the drift, right? So that leaves 7 songs we haven't (fully) heard yet. Sure, 7 is still quite a lot, but that's also 5 songs we've already heard and the album isn't even due out for another three months.

and consider that the [for example] italian version of LICM has only 11 tracks... :huh:

i uderstand perfectly what you mean :thumb_yello:

but if i look back i can't really tell that mika's put all his cards on the table, he's always surprised us, he usually tells just a little part of his projects..

so my hope is that there could be things that we don't know and that we don't expect... just my hope :wink2:

Stop the moaning start the loving:mf_rosetinted: That's an Ingism, you can quote me on that.

Yeah, it’s a good quote!:roftl:

Oh I'm really looking forward to the album, don't get me wrong, just don't like how we already know almost half the songs :naughty:

But that’s us, his HC fans, I don’t think journalists and people in common pay that much attention!:wink2:

I love the bit of Rain from the vlog. I'm really looking forward to hearing the full version on the album :biggrin2:

So do I!

And thanks for posting Miro!:thumb_yello:

I didn't like rain when I first heard it, it was waaay to repetitive, but it's grown on me, not one of my faves but its ok. Blue eyes HAS grown on me it's my 2nd fave on the EP, Toy Boy still my very fave. my least fave is BIOTG.... dunno why I just aint keen on it.

I would like to hear mostly new stuff on the album but that is cos I am greedy and just want MORE MORE MORE :teehee:

Yeah but she said "High School Musical 4:out of the closet". I groaned when I read the first bit, but it's obviously not your typical HSM (unless the movies have a subtext that went straight over my head).

Yeah, I agree- at least about the non-EP songs. I agree with the people who can't see the big deal with Blue Eyes though

Q magazine said they had an exclusive- maybe that's why (for the UK)

Q mag went out to L A, just like The Observer Mag, so it wasn't the same as what he did everywhere else

I'm anxiously waiting for the vids from New York:roftl:

Btw, I can TOTALLY see Mika become the new Zac Efron...only sans Ken hair and sixpack.

NO, NO, NO!!!

If he does that, I'm OUT of here!

Can't stick Efron!:sneaky2:

I've just read the whole article...

Of “We are Golden,” the first single to-be, Mika... Indeed, it sounds like High School Musical 4: Out of the Closet, which, to those of us who really do like the tingliest pop the way we say we do, means awesome.... .

HSM??!

Okay, I'm either shooting the person who wrote it or not getting the CD. :mf_rosetinted:

EDIT** Okay, wait... I WILL get the CD,but I won't listen to WAG... Maybe...

There's still the 1st option though

Edited by keti