I've been trying to decide if I should see it.

I saw him live in 1997 and it is such an amazing memory that i don't want a "lesser" performance to taint that. That's the reason I didn't buy tickets for the new tour...

I'm so torn.

Waiting until I start work at HMV next week before I buy the album! Lol!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw it again tonight, for the second time. And I love it. The concert would've been so AMAZING. :fangurl:

MJ looks good, though a little thin... and I noticed he wasn't dancing as intense as he would've at the concerts, but he didn't really need to practice his dance moves. He's been dancing since he was born.. He knows what he's dong. It was the backup dancers, and the band that needed the practice to know what MJ wanted.. Anyway, he definitely didn't look drugged up in my, or the people I went with opinions. And, his voice still amazing.

make sure you all stay til after the credits because there's extra.

:huglove:

Most of the people at the cinema already left the building, but a few of us stayed. I´m sure we all know something would happen...And it did! :wub2:

Most of the people at the cinema already left the building, but a few of us stayed. I´m sure we all know something would happen...And it did! :wub2:

yeah :wub2:

Btw, how did you interpret that? I don't want to give away spoilers for those who haven't seen it, SO LOOK AWAY NOW IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT - Are you still looking?? Why are you still looking?? :dunno: Stop looking!!! Anyway, my interpretation was that "This is it" and the "final curtain call" is all about that. Reappearing at the end of the credits, is in fact a curtain call. Earth Song, Heal the World, the girl, waking up to mass destruction, the earth, the lonely plant and the bulldozer. That's his real message. And, I know there's so many different opinions on how he died, if he died, etc etc, you can all believe what you will - but I feel like he was willing to do just about anything to try and get this message across to the entire world. And MJ is 100% right. Now Is The Time. We have to act and save our planet. I really hope everyone who watches This Is It takes that piece of advice home with them. :)

You´re gonna be surprised. He looked thin, but to me, he doesn´t look that sick & frail like some tabloids or some people (karen*cough*faye*cough cough*) tried to make us believe. I know the movie is made on speficic moment and embellishing the possible bad things, but, for me, it doesn´t matter. He dances amazing, he controls everything & the most important thing: his voice was on its top :wub2:

And it makes me sad that his brilliant idea, his show..never took place :tears:

I still can't seem to fathom the idea that Michael Jackson is dead...:blink:

It's just...he's like...always been there, you know? :sad:

(Mind you I still find it hard to believe heath ledger is dead...:naughty:)

You´re gonna be surprised. He looked thin, but to me, he doesn´t look that sick & frail like some tabloids or some people (karen*cough*faye*cough cough*) tried to make us believe. I know the movie is made on speficic moment and embellishing the possible bad things, but, for me, it doesn´t matter. He dances amazing, he controls everything & the most important thing: his voice was on its top :wub2:

And it makes me sad that his brilliant idea, his show..never took place :tears:

I agree with everything you said.

*hugs*

I just got back from Dallas and an amzing Hanson concert....:wub2:

Hope everyone's well..I've work to catch up on so not here much right now! Love to all

xxx

yeah :wub2:

Btw, how did you interpret that? I don't want to give away spoilers for those who haven't seen it, SO LOOK AWAY NOW IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT - Are you still looking?? Why are you still looking?? :dunno: Stop looking!!! Anyway, my interpretation was that "This is it" and the "final curtain call" is all about that. Reappearing at the end of the credits, is in fact a curtain call. Earth Song, Heal the World, the girl, waking up to mass destruction, the earth, the lonely plant and the bulldozer. That's his real message. And, I know there's so many different opinions on how he died, if he died, etc etc, you can all believe what you will - but I feel like he was willing to do just about anything to try and get this message across to the entire world. And MJ is 100% right. Now Is The Time. We have to act and save our planet. I really hope everyone who watches This Is It takes that piece of advice home with them. :)

Yes- that part was awesome- and I loved how he put so much emphasis on that message

I really want to see it again- but I'm broke. I'm going to see if they'll release it at my base theater- then I'll see it again- it's way cheaper there

I still can't seem to fathom the idea that Michael Jackson is dead...

Same here! It doesn't seem like he's gone.

Ive seen clips , in fact I got the album last week ... with the picture booklet and all

Is it worth the 16.95?

I'm thinking about getting it- but I'm broke so I'd have to save up.

Yes- that part was awesome- and I loved how he put so much emphasis on that message

I really want to see it again- but I'm broke. I'm going to see if they'll release it at my base theater- then I'll see it again- it's way cheaper there

Same here! It doesn't seem like he's gone.

I loved it too. He was so passionate about it. :wub2:

I hope you get to see it again! I want to go again today. I can't get enough. :aah:

Me neither. He's one of those people that would be around forever to me. Untouchable, unhuman. It's only when it's time for them to go and it's all over the news and whatnot that we sort of remember they were more like us than we thought. Everyone's mortal. :huh:

Me neither. He's one of those people that would be around forever to me. Untouchable, unhuman. It's only when it's time for them to go and it's all over the news and whatnot that we sort of remember they were more like us than we thought. Everyone's mortal. :huh:

Exactly- When I first heard he was gone, even though I didn't know him at all back then, I was in shock. Because he always seemed immortal. Larger than Life. BUt death conquers all- eek that's kinda morbid

Exactly- When I first heard he was gone, even though I didn't know him at all back then, I was in shock. Because he always seemed immortal. Larger than Life. BUt death conquers all- eek that's kinda morbid

Only if you think death is morbid. I think death's a good thing for lots of people. Very sad, but good.

I bought a really awesome michael jackson dress last week :mf_lustslow:

Its really cool, with glitters on his jacket & socks.

Post a picture! I'd love to see it, it sounds awesome.

hi girls! i haven't been around much lately coz i was afraid someone might post a movie spoiler here and i haven't really watchded that movie :naughty: planning to do so this saturday.well anyways,my brother bought me a deluxe blu-ray set of MJ DVD CLIPS! (including the memorial,which i still couldn't bear to watch to the very end,i stopped at magic johnson's speech.. :tears:)

i agree.everyone's mortal but sometimes i think it's a little unfair that good people die young.he should have at least stayed alive till his children are in their 20s.poor poor children.

hi girls! i haven't been around much lately coz i was afraid someone might post a movie spoiler here and i haven't really watchded that movie :naughty: planning to do so this saturday.well anyways,my brother bought me a deluxe blu-ray set of MJ DVD CLIPS! (including the memorial,which i still couldn't bear to watch to the very end,i stopped at magic johnson's speech.. :tears:)

i agree.everyone's mortal but sometimes i think it's a little unfair that good people die young.he should have at least stayed alive till his children are in their 20s.poor poor children.

wow ur brother is so sweet yana!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blush-anim-cl:

actually i hvn't watched any blu-rays before... are they reli VERY different from normal dvds?

dun force yourself! to me, watching any MJ stuffs for more than an hour already needs so so so much energy.... :sad:

it's sad but u can't deny dying young actually makes all those brilliant ppl even more legendary... life's ironical, isn't it?? *sigh*

wow ur brother is so sweet yana!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blush-anim-cl:

actually i hvn't watched any blu-rays before... are they reli VERY different from normal dvds?

dun force yourself! to me, watching any MJ stuffs for more than an hour already needs so so so much energy.... :sad:

it's sad but u can't deny dying young actually makes all those brilliant ppl even more legendary... life's ironical, isn't it?? *sigh*

isn't he :wub2: i guess he just misses me coz we've been apart for months and haven't been fighting with eachother,haha.well,not much difference except for the quality.somewhat higher and some dvd players dun support blu-ray discs.they're more interactive if u ask me :)

i miss MJ too much,HK.he's like a dad to me in a way,and when i thought i still have my own dad,he's gone too :( this year had been so hard on me.i don't know how it'll be like to watch TII. (still tempted to watch on the web,hihi).

it is! but when i thought about it,maybe God wants to tell us that the world doesn't deserve such kindness,dats why He took good people away that soon.it started to make more sense and i feel better now :wub2:

isn't he :wub2: i guess he just misses me coz we've been apart for months and haven't been fighting with eachother,haha.well,not much difference except for the quality.somewhat higher and some dvd players dun support blu-ray discs.they're more interactive if u ask me :)

i miss MJ too much,HK.he's like a dad to me in a way,and when i thought i still have my own dad,he's gone too :( this year had been so hard on me.i don't know how it'll be like to watch TII. (still tempted to watch on the web,hihi).

it is! but when i thought about it,maybe God wants to tell us that the world doesn't deserve such kindness,dats why He took good people away that soon.it started to make more sense and i feel better now :wub2:

I'm glad you feel better, Yana. :huglove:

Still about the This Is It film... I was very sceptical, especially in view of the This Is NOT It campaign but now, after watching it twice, I think that was the most beautiful tribute Michael could have dreamt of. I adored watching him in great form, vocally he was unbeatable until his last day. And... my heart is breaking at the thought that nobody will ever see this beautiful show. I'm sure he would have closed the mouths of all the disbelievers and critics with this beautiful spectacle.

You are the real king, MJ.

Still about the This Is It film... I was very sceptical, especially in view of the This Is NOT It campaign but now, after watching it twice, I think that was the most beautiful tribute Michael could have dreamt of. I adored watching him in great form, vocally he was unbeatable until his last day. And... my heart is breaking at the thought that nobody will ever see this beautiful show. I'm sure he would have closed the mouths of all the disbelievers and critics with this beautiful spectacle.

Don't worry, Kasia. I'm sure it'll eventually get shown on TV. Sooner or later people are going to realize the truth. Also, it's coming out on DVD soon, right? I have faith that Michael's name will/has been restored.

Hmm, this thread has been rather slow lately. This morning I was listening to Michael to distract myself from my crazy thoughts, and I couldn't stop laughing at his "hee hee"s and other funny sound effects. :teehee: Does anyone know where the "hee hee" originated from? Between which two songs? I think the gasping/hiccups stem from Billie Jean, but I've always wondered about the other stuff. Any ideas, guys?

I'm glad you feel better, Yana. :huglove:

thank you ick! xx

i had the same perception until i actually watched the movie today! it was beautiful and it was exactly the most perfect way to show how that show would've been like if it were to happen.it started off slow and plain and eventually reached the climax just the right time.some parts were funny and worth a laugh,others are just undoubted divinity,especially earth song.the little girl and the environment,that's exactly what MJ tried to tell us.HEAL THE WORLD,for the children,for God,..the audience here wasn't much of a chaotic crowd,( i'm the only one who dressed up as MJ and sang to all his songs) but they cried.they understood and i felt that the message was transmitted loud and clear.MJ was a legend and a legend never dies..

Hmm, this thread has been rather slow lately. This morning I was listening to Michael to distract myself from my crazy thoughts, and I couldn't stop laughing at his "hee hee"s and other funny sound effects. :teehee: Does anyone know where the "hee hee" originated from? Between which two songs? I think the gasping/hiccups stem from Billie Jean, but I've always wondered about the other stuff. Any ideas, guys?

he said it happens spontaneously,you know,it's the same concept as the 'penguin flap' move in TII during the Human Nature scene :teehee: he was so into the music that he doesn't have control on his actions.i could be both dangerous and/or pointlessly delicious,LOL.the 'hee hees' happened since the 'off the wall' era.i knw he did it in a particular performance,just couldn't recall when.

pictures pls...hehe.i spent my whole pocket money on my own copy of TBWKTM,MJ's limited edition TII official t-shirt,a jacket with Mj photo collage,white gloves and immitation aviator shades(gimme a break,i was broke! lol).now i declare myself bankrupted,LOL.

Hello, could you post it please? I would love to see it :bye:

I saw THIS IS IT last night. It was something incredible! :wub2::tears: He is a God!

I watched alittle bit of This Is It before Mika came on the TV last night .... Gonna watch the rest of it tonight ... just wanted to say I really enjoyed what I saw ... I've not really read any reviews and I've stayed away from this thread as I didn't really want to read anything about it ... I'll let you know what I think after I've seen it all :wub2:

I watched alittle bit of This Is It before Mika came on the TV last night .... Gonna watch the rest of it tonight ... just wanted to say I really enjoyed what I saw ... I've not really read any reviews and I've stayed away from this thread as I didn't really want to read anything about it ... I'll let you know what I think after I've seen it all :wub2:

you will love it:wub2::wink2:

be sure to stay even after the movie credits,there's a surprise :wub2: