• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to Deb and everyone else who is helping to butter up the ticket fairy:biggrin2:

Would it help if we put things under our pillow?

If the ticket fairy turns out to be male, dark, tall and curly, I would suggest pistachio nuts :drool: ...

If it's a she, and the she I am thinking of, she is very partial to flowers :flowers2: .

'trying to work something out', 'had to work out a few details'... if M people invite you to a Xmas party, better come over with your own tree and grub because they'll probably realise on New Year's eve that they should have worked something out for December 25th :floor: ...

Cheers,

Id3

Back home, go to work on Monday , i am not bidding , if i get a free ticket at the end of july, i'll pay very high a flight/train , and above all tell my boss that i won't work on the 31th.

Sometimes i wonder why i can't go to a Mika'gig without stress...

tomorrow, i'll go to the church on my knees and ll pray God , Jesus, for all of us.

Back home, go to work on Monday , i am not bidding , if i get a free ticket at the end of july, i'll pay very high a flight/train , and above all tell my boss that i won't work on the 31th.

tomorrow, i'll go to the church on my knees and ll pray God , Jesus, for all of us.

hallo lil! :biggrin2:

i thought you were on hols all week end!:wink2:

don't pray god, leave it where it is...pray the ticket fairy!:teehee:

where is willywonka when you need her :mf_rosetinted:

Do you know my first Mika gig I was not a fan. I just liked Grace Kelly and heard he was operatically trained so I expected he could sing live and thought I would check him out.

I bought a ticket from Ticketmaster for $15 awhile after they went on sale. I walked in the door without queuing at about 8:30 pm and he came on stage an hour later (no opening act).

The moment he came on that stage and opened his mouth the whole world changed and nothing has been the same since. Now that I'm a fan a $15 cash + one-hour time investment is complete and utter fantasy. :aah:

hallo lil! :biggrin2:

i thought you were on hols all week end!:wink2:

don't pray god, leave it where it is...pray the ticket fairy!:teehee:

where is willywonka when you need her :mf_rosetinted:

probably in the naughty corner.... where else? :sneaky2:

Hello, Robbie!

Queenie, even a monster without a heart couldn't resist to this smiley!:wub2:

I love that smilie :wub2:

:bow::bow::bow::bow: Still praying to ticket fairy .... not gonna hurt is it :bow::bow::bow:

Juy 31st. Possibility of tkt's for MFC?

I sail away from the UK on the 28th! :sneaky2:

All the more reason for Sire never to do stadiums again. Brixton Academy, Sadler's Wells, Passionkirche, Concertgebouw, those are safe, strongly built venues :thumb_yello: .

Id3

NO more stadiums. I'll sign up to that.

Do you know my first Mika gig I was not a fan. I just liked Grace Kelly and heard he was operatically trained so I expected he could sing live and thought I would check him out.

I bought a ticket from Ticketmaster for $15 awhile after they went on sale. I walked in the door without queuing at about 8:30 pm and he came on stage an hour later (no opening act).

The moment he came on that stage and opened his mouth the whole world changed and nothing has been the same since. Now that I'm a fan a $15 cash + one-hour time investment is complete and utter fantasy. :aah:

What a tale. I've been re-living my first time today. I love how many of us were already there then. We're a loyal lot aren't we?

The moment Mika appeared on my tv screen in all his goofiness, was the moment I was sold:roftl:

I never even saw him or the video to GK when it was out ..... but then ... I wasn't in the country so I'm kind of forgiven for that .... plus I don't watch music channels much .... or listen to the radio nowadays ..... :aah:

How on earth did I discover him ... it was fate ..... or a persistant work colleague :wink2:

I never even saw him or the video to GK when it was out ..... but then ... I wasn't in the country so I'm kind of forgiven for that .... plus I don't watch music channels much .... or listen to the radio nowadays ..... :aah:

How on earth did I discover him ... it was fate ..... or a persistant work colleague :wink2:

Well it was just coincidence for me because I was watching a show and they announced him and I just had to keep looking and then I was sold:wub2:

so as I said before, probably a shower of tickets from August 1st

Well, I know they're leaving it late, but hopefully they won't be THAT

late! :roftl:

No offense taken, ACDC, I know YOU are not a bigot :huglove:

It's quite true -- I'm not. :thumb_yello:

And I have to say it's nice to have an endearing nickname from you --

most call me Deb, Debs or Debbie -- but you have come up with

your own unique name for me. Makes me feel special. :blush-anim-cl:

I shall have to come up with a special name for you, as well. :wink2:

Bet you -come on, guys, I need the money- that on July 24th, when everybody will have realised that no tickets are going to be showered on ordinary MFCers :no: , they will all rush to ticketmaster and then Sire is going to go Madonna high, bless him !

I so hope you're wrong. Just because we haven't heard from the Ticket

Fairy yet, doesn't mean we won't. This is quite a normal pattern

actually -- for her to put us off again and again. But I'm hopeful she'll

come through in the nick of time! :biggrin2:

Thanks to Deb and everyone else who is helping to butter up the ticket fairy

Would it help if we put things under our pillow?

Old ticket stubs? A pound coin? :naughty:

If only there was an airplane fairy I'd be all set

Hey, me too. But I'm not a miracle worker. :aah:

:( I think my brother might have won tickets to Mika .... :aah: I can't get hold of him ... he posted on his facebook saying he'd won but couldn't get the link to work .... and I think it was the only one he entered ... but after he entered it awhile ago - he said he wasn't gonna go if he won it :aah: Sod's law ....

i'm checking my emails all the time eventhough i won't win tickets , same as last year with the tickets for paris.

i didn't ask for days off work yet .

but i've been saying yes everytime they asked me if i could work extra .

so i'm expecting that they will give me the days off because of that.

but then i need tickets , this is so frustrating

Well, I know they're leaving it late, but hopefully they won't be THAT

late! :roftl:

It's quite true -- I'm not. :thumb_yello:

And I have to say it's nice to have an endearing nickname from you --

most call me Deb, Debs or Debbie -- but you have come up with

your own unique name for me. Makes me feel special. :blush-anim-cl:

I shall have to come up with a special name for you, as well. :wink2:

I so hope you're wrong. Just because we haven't heard from the Ticket

Fairy yet, doesn't mean we won't. This is quite a normal pattern

actually -- for her to put us off again and again. But I'm hopeful she'll

come through in the nick of time! :biggrin2:

Old ticket stubs? A pound coin? :naughty:

Hey, me too. But I'm not a miracle worker. :aah:

Stop living in denial, AC, that's Niki's job :wink2: .

Actually I am not the only one who calls you by that endearing nickname, DL does too, I think, it's quite catching.

And I started doing it because I could never get your letters right, or in the right order :mad: . So ACDC seemed the solution to my problem. And the band are brilliant :thumb_yello: !

If, again, she is the TF I am thinking of, it's not a strategy, she just hasn't a clue :roftl: ... unfortunately !

Cheers,

Id3

i'm checking my emails all the time eventhough i won't win tickets , same as last year with the tickets for paris.

i didn't ask for days off work yet .

but i've been saying yes everytime they asked me if i could work extra .

so i'm expecting that they will give me the days off because of that.

but then i need tickets , this is so frustrating

Brilliant strategy, you ARE cunning :thumb_yello: !

Now all we need is for the Ticket Fairy to move it :sneaky2: ...

If she moves it as she did before for the PDP -July seems to disagree with her- we'd better stop holding our breath :floor: .

Cheers,

Id3

The first time I saw him on TV, it was a short interview in French, when he told the guy with that stubborn, petulant air he has sometimes : 'People'd better get used to me because I'm not going to be a shooting star' and I thought, the kid's got balls -he looked about 18 at that time.

Then they showed the BG vid. Found it interesting and bought a ticket for the next gig I could go to, Brixton Academy.

The first gig, from the very moment he jumps on stage.. you've read about people being hit by the blast of an explosion and you think, so that's what it feels like...

Totally :offtopic: but waiting for the Ticket Fairy to move it can be very boring.

Cheers,

Id3

probably in the naughty corner.... where else? :sneaky2:

Is the Ticket Fairy playing 'possum :sneaky2: ? Probably hiding in the Lake District. Are there possums in the Lake District :confused: ? Because if she is the only one, she must be very VISIBLE :devil: .

Still 55 pounds.

Cheers,

Id3

...with the ticket fairy...she well deserves a place!:sneaky2:

:sneaky2:

:naughty:

4u72nm.jpg

:biggrin2:

The first time I saw him on TV, it was a short interview in French, when he told the guy with that stubborn, petulant air he has sometimes : 'People'd better get used to me because I'm not going to be a shooting star' and I thought, the kid's got balls -he looked about 18 at that time.

Then they showed the BG vid. Found it interesting and bought a ticket for the next gig I could go to, Brixton Academy.

The first gig, from the very moment he jumps on stage.. you've read about people being hit by the blast of an explosion and you think, so that's what it feels like...

Totally :offtopic: but waiting for the Ticket Fairy to move it can be very boring.

Cheers,

Id3

She's already here, Cheerio!:mf_rosetinted: