• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe early 2007 :naughty: And from time to time when the weakness takes over me. :aah:

well im just over my 1st year of being a mika fan :aah::aah: so maybe it will past soon :aah: well hope so as think everyone thinks im mad :sneaky2: well it will never go but maybe one day there will be a day the album or dvds not on :roftl:

I really wish that people would stop this nonsense about the UK being "privileged". It could actually be argued that it's a bit the opposite: The UK often doesn't get as many gigs as other places if you compare it by population ratio (as a recent example the SFS acoustic tour, but also last summer without going any further).

When we do get gigs here, they are the most overcrowded and therefore rowdy ones, where on top of having to "fight" their way to the front against a much higher percentage of hardcore fans people also face a much more rushed Mika at the end, who tends to escape to some function or just home.

So much for the "being privileged" theory :biggrin2:

Exactly. Due to my own personal circumstances I can't afford to travel to other countries to see MIKA (much as I'd like to). So for the acoustic tour the only option available to me was London. It was madly busy afterwards at the 'stage door' and I must admit to feeling a little sad that we didn't get to speak to MIKA as he was so rushed. I guess it's very unrealistic of me to expect this when there were so many more people wanting a piece of him too. My trouble is having been spoilt in the past, and I don't want to appear ungrateful as I do feel fortunate to have seen him at all but I just feel he always rushes away from London gigs (well the ones I've been to anyway) and I do find that quite sad :emot-sad:

I see the same thing happening for this itunes gig - best of luck to you guys though - I hope the ticket situation gets sorted out and you all win :thumb_yello:

That's why I'd love it if next tour, he does venues like Bournemouth and Plymouth, and Bristol would be a dream for me. The Sugababes play there EVERY tour, and they've been going for years. I don't know why Mika won't play there?

Bournemouth would be the TOPS :wub2: ... or better still a secret gig in Basingstoke :wink2:

*spoilt brat whinge over...*

Exactly. Due to my own personal circumstances I can't afford to travel to other countries to see MIKA (much as I'd like to). So for the acoustic tour the only option available to me was London. It was madly busy afterwards at the 'stage door' and I must admit to feeling a little sad that we didn't get to speak to MIKA as he was so rushed. I guess it's very unrealistic of me to expect this when there were so many more people wanting a piece of him too. My trouble is having been spoilt in the past, and I don't want to appear ungrateful as I do feel fortunate to have seen him at all but I just feel he always rushes away from London gigs (well the ones I've been to anyway) and I do find that quite sad :emot-sad:

I see the same thing happening for this itunes gig - best of luck to you guys though - I hope the ticket situation gets sorted out and you all win :thumb_yello:

Bournemouth would be the TOPS :wub2: ... or better still a secret gig in Basingstoke :wink2:

I hope you have your dancing shoes ready and are keeping friday free Jules?

I hope you have your dancing shoes ready and are keeping friday free Jules?

:huglove: Awwww, I wish, but I don't think I can justify waiting in London all day in the hope of getting tickets (especially when I could be sat at work doing month end :mf_rosetinted:)

A. I see... well just come over with your duvet, your hair undone and looking like a sleepless :puppy_eyes: . He'll think you've spent the night in front of the venue and will crack. .

Cheers,

Id3

That IS my usual look and he has never taken pity on me yet:naughty:

Maybe early 2007 :naughty: And from time to time when the weakness takes over me. :aah:

Yep. I well remember a very fangurly text:naughty: Sorry, I don't want to blow your cool as cucumber image:roftl:

Can I vote for Bournemouth too please? Shall we start a 'Mika @ Bournemouth' campaign in the style of 'Mika @RAH' :naughty:?

:huglove: Awwww, I wish, but I don't think I can justify waiting in London all day in the hope of getting tickets (especially when I could be sat at work doing month end :mf_rosetinted:)

MMMMM I knew there was something that I need to do on Friday morning before I run for the plane:naughty:

PLEASE........................you can do it. Arrive late........I won't be there until about 6pm

Sounds familiar!!! :naughty:

I would be doing the same thing if I hadn't got the day off to sit my piano exam....sometimes things work in our favour and sometimes they don't!!! :roftl::roftl:

Also, going back to what Sara and other have said about the UK gigs...it's so true. It would probably be as esay time and cost wise to get to another European country as get to a gig in London and I just don't have the funds to do it.

The atmosphere in London will always be tense as generally the same "hardcore" fans will be there early and all the past tensions will flare up.

Sadler's Wells was spared that due to being a seated venue and it being the summer.

It's a double edged sword as any regional gig (I'm hoping he finally plays Liverpool on his next tour which is the closest city to me) is, as we know, going to be arena sized so it'll be even harder to feel close to his performance and close to him in person afterwards.

He's spoken in the radio interviews about doing more secret gigs without notice but it's unlikely that they'd ever be anywhere else but London so it's the same thing with the time off work/travel costs/time/etc.

Gone are the gawwldern days when it was (relatively) easy to speak to him! :blink:

can we please try to keep this thread on track please?

i know it's easy for it to go off track as there is no new announcement, but being a gig thread, we like to keep it chitchat free as possible

thank you! :wub2:

Gone are the gawwldern days when it was (relatively) easy to speak to him! :blink:

I know that we knew it would happen but I guess we just didn't WANT it to happen. And I think because he still (up until now) comes out after the gigs there is still the expectation amongst most people that they will be able to get a moment with him. Then there is disapointment if they don't.

I stood back and watched at Saddlers Wells because I had been fortunate enough to be at some of the other gigs but it was just crazy, as it always is in London:shocked:

can we please try to keep this thread on track please?

i know it's easy for it to go off track as there is no new announcement, but being a gig thread, we like to keep it chitchat free as possible

thank you! :wub2:

Sorry, I had already posted:shocked:

Would it be possible to start a new thread if there was any news?

Sorry, Allegra, nothing personal, I never shoot the messenger, but does he honestly believe that fans are interested in the setlist or whether he wants them to be soberly dressed in black and white :blush-anim-cl: instead of flashily :shocked: like him ?

As far as I have been able to gather from this thread... they want frigging tickets :sneaky2: !

Cheers,

Id3

Because people go to gigs to listen music i think informations about music are quite important here.

Maybe informations about the set list can be interesting and usefull also for people who want see the gig on tv :original:

I have different opinion about the dressing, i dont mind, never respected, it's not music.

:bye:

God no! Wear whatever you like! Mika likes to think we slavishly follow his word. But we don't. Well some do. :teehee:

Guilty as charged:roftl:

Saturday at Latitude:fisch:

That would be great for me, stay at my nieces for the night:wink2:

Because people go to gigs to listen music i think informations about music are quite important here.

Maybe informations about the set list can be interesting and usefull also for people who want see the gig on tv :original:

I have different opinion about the dressing, i dont mind, never respected, it's not music.

:bye:

I'm hoping some more people do get tickets, that'll drown out me singing "running around, like a clown on a porpoise":roftl::roftl::roftl:

As for dress, I'm coming in my black jeans anyway, but I've seen a cool silver belt, that will go nicely with them, and I'll get a white t shirt, so that'll do him!:naughty:

I know another blonde dwarf who would happily have done it too. Do you think that being a woman, very short and blond goes with being an :insane::freak: as well :confused: ?

I am blonde. I am 5'1". I am a woman. Draw your own conclusions. :insane:

I see no spoilt brat here, Jules :wink2:

Would it be possible to start a new thread if there was any news?

i'm sure the ticket fairy will know what to do.

lights, bells and whistles :naughty:

Absolutely. A new thread sprinkled with fairy dust. :biggrin2:

Yes, and info about the setlist is actually *about* the gig! No worries,

allegra! :thumb_yello:

So... to stay on topic -- no ticket news yet, but I live in hope. Of course,

we already established earlier in this post, that I may be :insane: