Global Pop Phenomenon, MIKA, Releases Sophomore Album September 22

dcdeb

:shocked:

Oh my dear, you worry far too much :huglove:

I really can't imagine this new album being a disappointment, it sounds amazing so far! What do you think of the new songs? :)

Thank you so much! I usually don't worry about stuff like that but for some reason it just all spilled out at once.

I wasn't worried about the EP, and I'm not worried about the We Are Golden single, so maybe I souldn't think of it as an album, but as 12 or 13 little singles:wink2:

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much! I usually don't worry about stuff like that but for some reason it just all spilled out at once.

I wasn't worried about the EP, and I'm not worried about the We Are Golden single, so maybe I souldn't think of it as an album, but as 12 or 13 little singles:wink2:

That's right actually, because any one of his songs could probably be a single! I'm really hoping for Good Gone Girl to be a single at some point. I think Rain is to be the 2nd single.

I think the magic numbers are fun!

Indeed, if you have money!And if you don't live in a faraway land....and if you have money....and if you have money...money .....oh...did I mention MONEY? :biggrin2:

Well...obviously, it's a fantastic thing..I mean these Magic Numbers.....just knowing that "I'll never be able to reach that" makes some people really sad, while some other who are rich, but maybe not the most devoted fans (they just basically spent tons of money on Mika stuff) get the chanche to meet him. Feels a bit unfair, but anyway this whole idea is nice, and I know Mika wants it to be a gift. So it's all good. I'll be totally happy for the winner anyway.

Edited by Zsina

That's right actually, because any one of his songs could probably be a single! I'm really hoping for Good Gone Girl to be a single at some point. I think Rain is to be the 2nd single.

Mika isn't too fond of GGG. :no:

Mika isn't too fond of GGG. :no:

It seems so :huh: Not much mentioned, just played in one show, and not even part of Songs for Sorrow

Indeed, if you have money!And if you don't live in a faraway land....and if you have money....and if you have money...money .....oh...did I mention MONEY? :biggrin2:

Hi...are you from Europe? ( I'm guessing so, your name rings a bell on my mind). At least singles are available there (One of the girls here ordered Songs for Sorrow and it was a challenge, 'cause it was sent thru postmail, and paid in american dollars :boxed: She's the only one who has got it today)

And as far as I know, most of the gigs are in European countries (I know people travel as well, since countries in Europe aren't as separated as here in American continent...but as you said, you need money for that! :aah:)

Kelzy has a bet with me, about that the winner of the major prize will be a fan from western Europe :teehee:

It will be fantastic when you could get points winning them in another way (remember the 'Where in the world..."? It would be fun if there were contests). I think I read somewhere that's the idea of Mikasounds to implement in the future

It seems so :huh: Not much mentioned, just played in one show, and not even part of Songs for Sorrow

Hi...are you from Europe? ( I'm guessing so, your name rings a bell on my mind). At least singles are available there (One of the girls here ordered Songs for Sorrow and it was a challenge, 'cause it was sent thru postmail, and paid in american dollars :boxed: She's the only one who has got it today)

And as far as I know, most of the gigs are in European countries (I know people travel as well, since countries in Europe aren't as separated as here in American continent...but as you said, you need money for that! :aah:)

Kelzy has a bet with me, about that the winner of the major prize will be a fan from western Europe :teehee:

It will be fantastic when you could get points winning them in another way (remember the 'Where in the world..."? It would be fun if there were contests). I think I read somewhere that's the idea of Mikasounds to implement in the future

Yeah, I'm from Hungary, mid Europe. So it's not me from the "faraway land".....but for example you..or fans from China...etc! And this magic number thing is great for those who have money. I live here , pretty close t him but even after 2 years...I haven't seen him live. Never. I hate this, but I don't work, I don't have any money, and I wouldn't ask my parents to pay things like that to me....becasue these trips to another country with the gigs would be pretty costy too!

That's why I think this magicnumber thing is not fair. Those who have the money have already seen Mika......MANY TIMES....so they buy all his stuff, becaue they have the money...they win it...and they see him once more, even though there are poeple who might never see him live. (not me, but anyone) Do you get what I mean?

We are not given the same rights naturally. We are given them through money.

Money makes the world go round, I know, and I know that Meeks want this to make us happy, it's an unusual gift, and I hate acting like this, but I just had to let it out.

If it's a game....everyone should be given the same chance. Or if someone's got more chance, it should be because of something else than money.

Do I make sense? I don't wanna sound mean, really.

I remember he was surprised to see that people liked GGG so much. I can't say when this happened. He seems to have greater expectations for BIOTG. :dunno:

Oh really? How could he be surprised, GGG is amazing and the way he performs it live is just spectacular! :wub2:

Oh really? How could he be surprised, GGG is amazing and the way he performs it live is just spectacular! :wub2:

Don't ask me, ask him! I prefer GGG. :wub2: I can't sit still when I listen to that song. Even when I'm driving, I start moving my arms and dancing on the seat. :teehee:

Don't ask me, ask him! I prefer GGG. :wub2: I can't sit still when I listen to that song. Even when I'm driving, I start moving my arms and dancing on the seat. :teehee:

Hahaha I know :naughty: Well, we'll give GGG the treatment it deserves :shun:

Well...obviously, it's a fantastic thing..I mean these Magic Numbers.....just knowing that "I'll never be able to reach that" makes some people really sad, while some other who are rich, but maybe not the most devoted fans (they just basically spent tons of money on Mika stuff) get the chanche to meet him. Feels a bit unfair, but anyway this whole idea is nice, and I know Mika wants it to be a gift. So it's all good. I'll be totally happy for the winner anyway.

I think contests would be a great idea! :thumb_yello: From your

lips to "their" ears -- I would love to see them give away points

like that!

I think if you stop and look at the way the program is set up, it's

going to be awfully hard to get to 500,000 points (for that private

gig) any other way. You would have to buy tickets for 200

shows to reach 500,000 points. :shocked: I know we have some dedicated

fans, but 200? yikes, not likely. Plus, as PUSH Entertainment says in

their Terms and Conditions PDF, they'll be looking for abuses of the

program like that. Also, even if you bought 100 of

the new CD, you only get credit for one copy. And you would

need to buy 163 t-shirts to reach 325,000 points for the champagne

meet & greet with Mika -- and I don't

even know if you'd get credit for all of those. :blink:

So no, I don't think it's about who has the most money. When I

start to do the math, I think the only way people are going

to get to the upper levels of prizes is if they give out points some other

random ways. I don't know how, or when, but from the hints they've

dropped -- calling this a marathon, rather than a sprint (meaning the

program is going to be drawn out for a while) -- I think they have to

be planning to give out points some other way.

Edited by dcdeb

He's played it in many shows and it wasn't on Songs For Sorrow because it's not related to the theme, just like We Are Golden and Blame it on the Girls. It doesn't mean he doesn't like these songs.

I think GGG may be like Stuck in the Middle. A fan favourite and staple at the shows but not necessarily a single.

But I think he has to like it a lot to have performed it in LA, especially as the first new song.

He's played it in many shows and it wasn't on Songs For Sorrow because it's not related to the theme, just like We Are Golden and Blame it on the Girls. It doesn't mean he doesn't like these songs.

I think GGG may be like Stuck in the Middle. A fan favourite and staple at the shows but not necessarily a single.

But I think he has to like it a lot to have performed it in LA, especially as the first new song.

I hope it is a single at some point, I think it is vastly superior to Blame It On The Girls, anyway. Certainly I think GGG would go down much better with a British audience than BIOTG. It has a slightly indie/pop crossover sound whereas BIOTG is definitely more mainstream pop.

But what do I know..he is releasing WAG as lead single after all, so he is certainly NOT looking to court the indie/pop crossover market :teehee:

But what do I know..he is releasing WAG as lead single after all, so he is certainly NOT looking to court the indie/pop crossover market :teehee:

Nope. :naughty:

I hope it's a single too. I really think he must have imagined the potential there to want to premiere it to audiences along with BIOTG.

I remember he was surprised to see that people liked GGG so much. I can't say when this happened. He seems to have greater expectations for BIOTG. :dunno:

was he? :blink: wow.

I cannot be objective 'cause I've been saying in the last month that BIOTG would be my favourite of the new album for sure, I have huge expectations too :naughty: Now 'Pick Up Off The Floor' is a candidate to win the second place in my list of favourites, if it's the one that NoNo thinks it is :teehee:

But GGG is a great song and has a kind of catchy refrain :thumb_yello: And I know many of you like it. Hmm, I think it it's interesting that Mika probably thought it wasn't going to be so, means there's a quota of surprise in his career :naughty:

Happy Golden Day Mika fans! The MFC has been mentioned by Ken Bruce. Iona (not sure about spelling) sent him an email (I think) to tell him that we are all tuned in this morning! God bless Iona

Mika is comming up later on, but some good music is playing while we are waiting.

I think contests would be a great idea! :thumb_yello: From your

lips to "their" ears -- I would love to see them give away points

like that!

I think if you stop and look at the way the program is set up, it's

going to be awfully hard to get to 500,000 points (for that private

gig) any other way. You would have to buy tickets for 200

shows to reach 500,000 points. :shocked: I know we have some dedicated

fans, but 200? yikes, not likely. Plus, as PUSH Entertainment says in

their Terms and Conditions PDF, they'll be looking for abuses of the

program like that. Also, even if you bought 100 of

the new CD, you only get credit for one copy. And you would

need to buy 163 t-shirts to reach 325,000 points for the champagne

meet & greet with Mika -- and I don't

even know if you'd get credit for all of those. :blink:

So no, I don't think it's about who has the most money. When I

start to do the math, I think the only way people are going

to get to the upper levels of prizes is if they give out points some other

random ways. I don't know how, or when, but from the hints they've

dropped -- calling this a marathon, rather than a sprint (meaning the

program is going to be drawn out for a while) -- I think they have to

be planning to give out points some other way.

Yeah that would be awesome! I mean if they were giving away points in some different ways too!:thumb_yello:

I didnt know about the bolded part...:blink:

As I've already said, I know Mika is giving it to us as a gift and I'm totally happy, it's great, I haven't heard anyone doing it before....so I on't even know why I'm complaining, I just felt it a bit unfair to get points through BUYING Mika things. I mean, you can be a totally devoted fan of him een if you don't have everything of his stuff.

But with this extra points given away in different ways thing I think it will be much more fair. There could be games, as there were before, like..send in your cover video....or artwork,..the way you try to spread Mika around you...etc. These contest things would be great.:mf_rosetinted: