What Do We Think Of The Second Album Title; We Are Golden?

What Do We Think Of The Second Album Title; We Are Golden?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. What Do We Think Of The Second Album Title; We Are Golden?

• It’s great – catchy, pretty and simple!
    • I feel let down – after Life In Cartoon Motion I expected another creative album title
    • I don’t really care either way. A albums a album

I really expected something like Licm again. I personally don't like it when any artist names his album after a single. But...most artists do it that way. :wink2:

I think it's sort of cool when artist do that. Not very original, but I feel like they chose that song and that title for a particular purpose. Like that song encompasses the whole album. Ie, Thriller named for the single Thriller, which basically described the whole album, a thrill from start to finish.

That said, I choose #3. We Are Golden may not sounds as funky and cool as Life in Cartoon Motion, but it does the trick and the material inside is what really matters.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad to see the majority are with me - a seperate album title from the leading single helps distingish between the two.

some of my all-time favorites are ones like

Smile, Its The End Of The World - Hawk Nelson

We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things - Jason Mraz

and of course Life In Cartoon Motion - Mika.

what i TRULY hate are ones like;

Now You're Gone The Album - Basshunter

its gonna be the same for mika!!

We Are Golden - The Album

its just so... ew! i cant think of another way to describe it :huh:

For an artist that doesn't like to follow typical conventions, this seems to be like a pretty big one to follow. It's not very original despite what ever lame reason you use to convince yourself that it's a amazing idea. But that in mind it's only the title, it's the music that really makes it and that's sure to be out of this world. :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

I agree with you on the last sentence, but I would argue that the reasons people have given for liking the title are not 'lame'. Many of them make perfect sense.

Yeah I don't think me and Gatagordinha reconnecting 'We Are Golden' to old Woodstock song wasn't lame at any level. :wub2:

Come on people!

Is the album title that important thing? I'm sure Mika and his record company knows best. :thumb_yello:

I'm glad to see the majority are with me - a seperate album title from the leading single helps distingish between the two.

some of my all-time favorites are ones like

Smile, Its The End Of The World - Hawk Nelson

We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things - Jason Mraz

and of course Life In Cartoon Motion - Mika.

what i TRULY hate are ones like;

Now You're Gone The Album - Basshunter

its gonna be the same for mika!!

We Are Golden - The Album

its just so... ew! i cant think of another way to describe it :huh:

I didn't felt like saying something else like I already said. But I seriously don't get you guys. You are judging about something you have no idea of-I guess none of us have heard the album so far so how can you judge about a title? How can you actually use the word hate? Hate is such a big word using for something not known. You should know mika better than I do and even I am pretty sure that he had more than one thought about the title. You can't compare him to most other artists out there and I am pretty sure that "we are golden" is what fits the theme of the album the best. It is his business and his artwork and his work and you are judging about it as if it was your business and your artwork and your work. Maybe it is just me that the album title should represent the album the best and nothing less. Maybe "We are golden" IS the key track. Do we know? No. Is it lame? No. Uncreative? Do you really think mika would do something uncreative with his second baby? Someone who is paying attention to all the artwort and stuff could be "uncreativ" with this if he is not convinced that this is right. I guess he sure has a plan in mind and that everything will fit together. Don't you feel a bit wrong about tearing something apart that someone has spend some thought of? I mean just a little bit... Just think about you would read what some of you wrote about his work about your own work-what would you actually think?

Btw. some of you guys should actually learn what the word patiencs means.

Edited by thy

The Track list for the album now appears on Play.Com (for anyone who may have missed it :wink2:)

Track List...

1) Intro

2) We Are Golden

3) Blame It On The Girls

4) Rain

5) Dr John

6) I See You

7) Blue Eyes

8) Good Gone Girl

9) Touches You

10) By The Time

11) One Foot Boy

12) Toy Boy

13) Pick Up Off The Floor

They also have the nice new 'golden boy' pic on the pre-order link :wub2:

The Track list for the album now appears on Play.Com (for anyone who may have missed it :wink2:)

Track List...

1) Intro

2) We Are Golden

3) Blame It On The Girls

4) Rain

5) Dr John

6) I See You

7) Blue Eyes

8) Good Gone Girl

9) Touches You

10) By The Time

11) One Foot Boy

12) Toy Boy

He likes having boy and girl in the titles:roftl:

Track List...

1) Intro

2) We Are Golden

3) Blame It On The Girls

4) Rain

5) Dr John

6) I See You

7) Blue Eyes

8) Good Gone Girl

9) Touches You

10) By The Time

11) One Foot Boy

12) Toy Boy

:wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

Track List...

1) Intro

2) We Are Golden

3) Blame It On The Girls

4) Rain

5) Dr John

6) I See You

7) Blue Eyes

8) Good Gone Girl

9) Touches You

10) By The Time

11) One Foot Boy

12) Toy Boy

WOOW! Thanks for posting, Blue eyes! :flowers2:

So what we don't know yet: We are golden, Dr John, I see you, Touches you, By the time, One foot boy (WTF? :aah: ) and Pick up off the floor (Why do I feel like I'm gonna love this one? :wub2: )

I really can't belive it where we've come so far: a track list of the new album...this is unbelievable! :tears:

He likes having boy and girl in the titles:roftl:

Teenage thoughts....:mf_rosetinted:

I was about to say the same thing :blink:

No Holy Johnny? That's bad, I love how it sounds live :(

And what about Lady Jane? It could be sort of a hidden track, as Over My Shoulder was to LICM :biggrin2:

And happy to see Blame it on the girls and Blue Eyes in there

So what we don't know yet: We are golden, Dr John, I see you, Touches you, By the time, One foot boy (WTF? :aah: ) and Pick up off the floor (Why do I feel like I'm gonna love this one? :wub2: )

And Intro. I'm sure it's gonna be the best song of the album. :mf_rosetinted:

Thank's for posting! :wub2:

Track List...

1) Intro

2) We Are Golden

3) Blame It On The Girls

4) Rain

5) Dr John

6) I See You

7) Blue Eyes

8) Good Gone Girl

9) Touches You

10) By The Time

11) One Foot Boy

12) Toy Boy

These sounds the most exciting to me. Eeep.. I'm psyched.

I just realised last night listening to the interview from Latitude the importance of hearing news from the right person. It's a totally different thing to read a story by yourself, when you're probably in not such an awesome mood and finding out by yourself what the name of the next album will be.

What I mean is that coming out from his mouth, the news regarding the title of the album sounds better. I don't mean literally. I mean, he sounded really confident, seemed to know what he's talking about, seemed to know what he's doing. Probably the title is not something THAT creative, but perhaps the pieces of the puzzle will fit together eventually.

That's my opinion at least. :biggrin2: I'm getting quite curious about it once again.