Mika's Magic Numbers -- PLEASE READ

dcdeb

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know...but I'm not exactly ra ra about the magic numbers...well to put it plainly I think it's marketing bogus...you know like those shopping cards which gets you points everytime you purchase something...but then maybe I can be wrong...but honestly it's just an incentive...don't get me wrong, I like Mika's music--but I'm not a big fan of his strategies......in the end it's all about money...what with the t-shirts, bags etc. But then again almost every artist does that...so I guess it's normal:blink:

I don't know...but I'm not exactly ra ra about the magic numbers...well to put it plainly I think it's marketing bogus...you know like those shopping cards which gets you points everytime you purchase something...but then maybe I can be wrong...but honestly it's just an incentive...don't get me wrong, I like Mika's music--but I'm not a big fan of his strategies......in the end it's all about money...what with the t-shirts, bags etc. But then again almost every artist does that...so I guess it's normal:blink:

tbh, as long as i get my private gig or champagne meet+greet in the end, i don't care what reason they did it for. :naughty:

i don't think mika had money in mind in the first place with that idea, but the record company or whoever else runs the website surely did it just for the money. :wink2:

I'm not interested either! :aah: I have bought many records and gone to many gigs but I can't be bothered to collect the points, I lost all interest in it when I found out that you can't give your points away to a friend. I thought that would be a good idea because I never thought I could get enough points to have any use for them...and there isn't anything in particular I would like to use my points for, well maybe except for a living room gig!:naughty:

I totally agree with you, especially because they don't give you enough for the goods you buy. (and if you pay for goods you never get it's even worse! :sneaky2: )

The point is: you don't get any real gift for the money you spend until you've spent a lot! When you collect points at the supermarket, they give you cheap stuff after a while, but it's something, anyway. For this collection of points the big prizes are just a few and most people who are buying stuff won't get much. That's the negative side in my opinion. :boxed:

I'm not interested either! :aah: I have bought many records and gone to many gigs but I can't be bothered to collect the points, I lost all interest in it when I found out that you can't give your points away to a friend. I thought that would be a good idea because I never thought I could get enough points to have any use for them...and there isn't anything in particular I would like to use my points for, well maybe except for a living room gig!:naughty:

That's a good idea...I mean to be able to give away the points to a friend...i was just wondering...whose idea was it? The magic numbers? Mika's? Or the record company's? Or Mika and the record company's???:blink:

That's a good idea...I mean to be able to give away the points to a friend...i was just wondering...whose idea was it? The magic numbers? Mika's? Or the record company's? Or Mika and the record company's???:blink:

when i asked that question to mika, he told me that it was his idea. :wink2: but i think the details (like that you can't give magic numbers to friends etc.) were defined by those who made the website (record company or whoever).

I guess that Mellody means after the Milan gig last summer? We discussed it there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KXA20rPUyk

thanx for posting the video, was nice to watch it again... :fangurl:

but no, i actually asked him whether it was his idea when i met him in munich in july i think it was? when he was here for the radio promo. it was because the girl who was there with me had asked me that question before, and i didn't know, so it came to my mind when i talked with him. :wink2:

btw, been thinking bout that making money thing again today, and i don't see it like that. it's definitely a lot less for making money than those shopping cards. the shopping cards are about buying stuff (which you could buy anywhere) at this special store. but that's only true for the tickets on mikasounds - the merchandise and the CDs will get you points no matter where you buy them (as the merchandise is only available on MS and at the gigs). and if it's supposed to get the fans to buy more of mika's CDs and merchandise, what's wrong with that? i don't think anyone will start buying merchandise stuff just because of the magic numbers. anyway i don't. wouldn't buy any mika t-shirts unless i really like them a LOT, and that won't change just because i can get magic numbers for that now.

and about the non-mikasounds tickets not being included... i think they'd do it if it was possible, but it's probably far too much effort (compared to the benefit) to add a magic number code and instruction how to use it to every ticket you can buy anywhere, and they wouldn't have any control over it - like, if people sold the tickets or codes on ebay or something. it'd just be too much, with thousands of tickets for every gig. :dunno:

about the giving magic numbers to friends thing, well i guess you can in some way - they can't check what gigs you indeed go to or who buys tickets for their friends. it says in the FAQ "Unless you purchased products on behalf of someone else, codes are not transferable" - so if you say your friend bought that ticket or t-shirt for you, how would they know it's not true? but i think it's only fair that you can't "pool" the numbers, as in a group account.

of course the system is not perfect, but generally, i like it. :thumb_yello:

I'm not a big fan of his strategies......in the end it's all about money...what with the t-shirts, bags etc. But then again almost every artist does that...so I guess it's normal:blink:

I think Mika has another spin on it and I tend to believe his intentions are honourable. Basically there are plenty of hardcore fans buying all this stuff anyway. So if he's going to hand out perks to fans it should be the hardcore fans who are spending money and making a huge effort even without the added incentive.

Where it all falls apart is that they are giving points for people to spam Mikasounds. I am almost certain that many of the top points earners got there by posting on Mikasounds and uploading material that doesn't belong to them. And my apologies to anyone who posts there regularly, but what I've seen on there is mostly garbage.

Not only does this violate the spirit of the competition, but it's actually trashing the site to the point where I don't think most hardcore fans want to spend any time there. I know I certainly don't even though I was quite excited about it when we first tested it.

It's really a shame because I liked the concept behind the site and behind the points program. But I don't like the direction it's taken. Since they are getting advertising revenue from the site I suppose it helps for the record company to say they've got X number of members and X number of page views every day. :rolls_eyes:

It's also unfortunate that Mika is likely to find himself in the living rooms of people he's never seen before.

I think Mika has another spin on it and I tend to believe his intentions are honourable. Basically there are plenty of hardcore fans buying all this stuff anyway. So if he's going to hand out perks to fans it should be the hardcore fans who are spending money and making a huge effort even without the added incentive.

Where it all falls apart is that they are giving points for people to spam Mikasounds. I am almost certain that many of the top points earners got there by posting on Mikasounds and uploading material that doesn't belong to them. And my apologies to anyone who posts there regularly, but what I've seen on there is mostly garbage.

Not only does this violate the spirit of the competition, but it's actually trashing the site to the point where I don't think most hardcore fans want to spend any time there. I know I certainly don't even though I was quite excited about it when we first tested it.

It's really a shame because I liked the concept behind the site and behind the points program. But I don't like the direction it's taken. Since they are getting advertising revenue from the site I suppose it helps for the record company to say they've got X number of members and X number of page views every day. :rolls_eyes:

It's also unfortunate that Mika is likely to find himself in the living rooms of people he's never seen before.

I agree, I only post once every blog at the moment. But then that's because they are more advertising things, rather than Mika talking about interesting things, like he used to.

I have loads of points to put on, but can't because the java on this laptop doesn't work.

Hopefully, when I finally get my own pc back up and running, my points rating will shoot up.

I agree. I only see spam and garbage on there. I'd comment on things, but know it would only get lost among the crap that's on there (by crap I mean spam, not other people's comments because I am NOT saying my opinion/comment matters more than someone else's, but it does matter more than spam to be honest). So I just give up thinking, "what's the point? :dunno:"

Sometimes I feel sad that Mika doesn't know my face/me. :blush-anim-cl:

Sometimes I feel sad that Mika doesn't know my face/me. :blush-anim-cl:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about people who haven't gone on a drive through the countryside with Mika, I'm talking about people who probably haven't even been to a gig. :aah:

I'm sure Mika saw your face in Toronto. :wub2:

Hmmm..you've got a point there...

Lol...:roftl:...don't you mean fortunate? :teehee: at least for us.....

Hmmm..you've got a point there...

Lol...:roftl:...don't you mean fortunate? :teehee: at least for us.....

I think Christine meant fans he's never met, or isn't familiar with:thumb_yello:

Well said. It sums it all up. I personally find it a real shame that the system has gone so wring, when Mika himself was so pleased about it. He really seemed so happy and excited about the whole thing when he told us about it this summer, that to see how it's all failed like this makes me sad.

Bbecause let's face it, it's totally failed to do what it was meant to do, which was reward loyal fans, and at the same time it's just caused his flashy lovely new site to go down the pan full of spam.

a question...

I wrote a message to a technical support person about 2 weeks ago what I should do to can log in on Ms because I had some problems with it...he said : clear cash and cookies and reboot your machine you are NOT blocked for any reasons

it didn't work so I wrote to him again and then he said I was blocked because posting over 2000 pics is crazy when I proved him it wasn't true he said he meant comments... :boxed: I was suprised because I was just writing with friends... I sent him some messages and after some days he unbanned me... I only managed to write I don't know about 10 comments and he banned me again...and now he is ignoring me...

what should I do? I didn't break any rule and I'm banned... there are no post limit and I didn't spam people...

does anybody can help me,please?

probably wrong thread but it also concerns Mika's Magic Numbers I don't want to lose them,my account and friends

Sorry for my bad English!!!