Yeah, the lyrics have been updated on the first post :naughty:

I still think it's "like a cloud on purpose" :dunno:

I think it's because I don't like clowns, so my mind is rebelling :naughty:

Haha sorry:naughty:

Well, I am a clown...you like me right?:roftl:

Yeah, the lyrics have been updated on the first post :naughty:

I still think it's "like a cloud on purpose" :dunno:

I think it's because I don't like clowns, so my mind is rebelling :naughty:

Staying out of motion makes sense to me :thumb_yello: I don't have a good ear to listen to it and confirm it though

Like a cloud? Clouds can run around? :shocked: **goes to check the dictionary for "run around"...Sh*t! My dictionary doesn't have an entry for that** :naughty: Anyway, most of the LICM songs have verses that don't make sense for my stupid mind who hardly thinks in english when it doesn't want to :teehee:

Edited by Romis

Anyway, most of the LICM songs have verses that don't make sense for my stupid mind who hardly thinks in english when it doesn't want to :teehee:

Most LICM songs have verses that don't entirely make sense to native English speakers. :teehee:

As for WAG, I think that the whole premise may be about when he was going to school and being teased by day, but spent his evenings working - y'know, back when he was doing operas, plays, etc. I think it can be interpreted as he was keeping this secret, "golden" double life from the people who hurt him at school. "Like a magpie, I live for glitter, not you."

Hmmm...

Mika mentioned in one of the Italian interviews that he wrote WAG as a sort of "I'll show you!" kind of song. People would call him a freak and think he was weird, but he would think "You don't know me. I have another life outside of school (i.e. writing songs)" and so it was basically a f*** you to the people who thought he was just weird.

Something like that :dunno::lol3:

Mika mentioned in one of the Italian interviews that he wrote WAG as a sort of "I'll show you!" kind of song. People would call him a freak and think he was weird, but he would think "You don't know me. I have another life outside of school (i.e. writing songs)" and so it was basically a f*** you to the people who thought he was just weird.

Yup, I just heard something like that. So that's it, then, that's where it came from. That feeling that he was leading a second life - his golden, performer life - outside the hell of school. :wub2:

I love that. And like songs on LICM, listeners can take that whole "I'm not what you think I am, I'm made of gold" sentiment and use that as a mantra to keep their spirts up when anyone in life is misjudging them. That message can be extrapolated to apply to some of the ideas we had in the first pages of this thread - ciritcal parents, closed-minded small-town people, etc.

I think I love it even more now that I fully understand the mindset he was in when he conceived the idea. :mf_lustslow:

Edited by lollipop_monkey

When I first read the lyrics I understood (untill this morning when I realized what it actually meant...:doh:) like a clown on purpose :like a clown on drugs....Yeah, pretty stupid I know (especially because I do know quite well what on purpose means...):roftl:

Oh, and one little question: what is a magpie? A kind of cake probably, but what kind?

Oh, and one little question: what is a magpie? A kind of cake probably, but what kind?

A magpie is a bird that looks like this

magpie.jpg

They have been known to collect shiny objects (to attract mates, I believe). Hence the lyric, "like a magpie, I live for glitter not you."

magpie.jpg

They have been known to collect shiny objects (to attract mates, I believe). Hence the lyric, "like a magpie, I live for glitter not you."

Ahem, doesn't look like a cake at all! :roftl: We dutchies call it an ekster.

Thanks!

magpie.jpg

Exactly, we call it a "pega" in Portuguese, meaning "whore", for the same reasons, uses shiny objects to attract mates! :thumb_yello:

Ha- but you read it here first...

I'm going to read this whole thread over the next couple of days, but my first impression, despite the WE are golden, is that it's about rejection by your peer group (or parts of it) rather than parents and townsfolk.

I don't know whether I'm pleased or sorry it was originally I am made of gold. It always jarred, as the rest of the lyric sounds so solitary. I hope it became we because, writing with hindsight, he knows there are plenty of people in the same situation.

Ha- but you read it here first...

I don't know whether I'm pleased or sorry it was originally I am made of gold. It always jarred, as the rest of the lyric sounds so solitary. I hope it became we because, writing with hindsight, he knows there are plenty of people in the same situation.

Ooh, you totally got that impression from the beginning! Good call! :punk:

I think you're right, he changed it to "we" because he realized so many other people would identify with the idea. I think he also liked the anthem-feel of it, and the idea of hundreds or thousands of people chanting "We are not what you think we are, we are GOLDEN!"

That and, I would suspect he thought the idea of singing "I am golden" would be a bit too cocky or such. :naughty:

:lol3: I learned something else new. ha

I won't be telling my father I know this information now. :aah:

Yes, true. :naughty: Thing is, he's from Portugal so if I went up to him and said "pega" all of a sudden, he'd look at me like: :blink:. Though he could teach me some other rude words so...:naughty:

Oh, he's portuguese!:teehee:

So, maybe not a good idea to repeat that word near him, no, no, no...;no: :mf_rosetinted:

I never get Mika's lines right but I have decided for my own listening pleasure that the last line in the bridge is:

Heaven left the world and let it bleed me dry

Yeah, I said that a few pages ago, but it appears to have been lost...lol

I think this version of the line makes more sense. =]

Yeah, I said that a few pages ago, but it appears to have been lost...lol

I think this version of the line makes more sense. =]

Ah yes I see your post now. :thumb_yello:

Maybe we actually got it right then? :teehee: