The Official "The Boy Who Knew Too Much ERA" Charts & Sales around the world Thread

Showtunes17

hmm i think we're counting too much on rain...

people mostly do not buy an album because they like 1 song

i bought LICM because i liked first GK, then relax, lollipop, love today, big girls,...

and although TBWKTM has a lot of potential singles, and the music is definitely as good as LICM, i don't think it contains as many hits as LICM.

Don't get me wrong, TBWKTM is defenitely as good as LICM, but i don't think it has as much radio-potential... but maybe that's just me ;)

I think TBWKTM has better songs than LICM :naughty: - but I think you are right, unless I already know the artist I wouldn't buy an album until I'd heard (and liked) about 4 tracks.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm i think we're counting too much on rain...

people mostly do not buy an album because they like 1 song

i bought LICM because i liked first GK, then relax, lollipop, love today, big girls,...

and although TBWKTM has a lot of potential singles, and the music is definitely as good as LICM, i don't think it contains as many hits as LICM.

Don't get me wrong, TBWKTM is defenitely as good as LICM, but i don't think it has as much radio-potential... but maybe that's just me ;)

No somewhere way back in this thread (or a similar one) I suggested that the THIRD single often seemed to be the best- to nudge people into finally buying an album they'd liked other songs from

I think Touches You would be a great third single, it'd be a good uptempo hit to liven up the post-Christmas lull in the charts, and a good track to have out at the time of the UK tour. I See You could be a fourth release (there has to be a ballad :mf_rosetinted:). After that..not so sure. None of the other tracks are particularly radio friendly. I used to think GGG would be, but I'm disappointed with the recorded version and now definitely don't see it as a single.

It's probably true that it takes someone to like three songs from an album before they buy it; the casual listener, I mean. I still think Rain will give sales a push, though, provided it gets AIRPLAY!! :sneaky2:

I still haven't seen Rain on the video chanels here, but maybe that's because I haven't really been watching them :aah: and I only have two measly channels anyway :naughty:.

Edit: Oops, I forgot about BIOTG. No idea if that will be a single now in the UK. Personally I hope not.

No somewhere way back in this thread (or a similar one) I suggested that the THIRD single often seemed to be the best- to nudge people into finally buying an album they'd liked other songs from

Yes, although in this case I am not sure if the first song they liked off TBWKTM would be WAG or Rain...:naughty:

I think the best choice for the third single would be I See You.

Edit: Oops, I forgot about BIOTG. No idea if that will be a single now in the UK. Personally I hope not.

I think the plan is to release BIOTG after Rain and Rain after BITOG in US and Japan. ....

yes, I remember that... Even it was the release date for the promo CD, the single release is definitely running late...

Really late.

Still haven't seen it, and it has been released a month ago.

I also don't hear it on radio that much anymore.

I dunno, I expected Rain to do really well in Holland, because it's kinda similar to Relax, and Relax was #1 for 7 weeks here.

Plus more people seem to know and like him now.

Really late.

Still haven't seen it, and it has been released a month ago.

I also don't hear it on radio that much anymore.

I dunno, I expected Rain to do really well in Holland, because it's kinda similar to Relax, and Relax was #1 for 7 weeks here.

Plus more people seem to know and like him now.

:roftl:

You signature has killed me :naughty:

yep :boxed:

i just checked Mikasounds for that...

but i won`t be buying it there :mf_rosetinted:

it`s been more than a month and i still don`t have my deluxe album and we are golden single :sneaky2:

Thats shocking , sorry really really shocking

This needs to be brought up with Team M

Have you had any contacts , PM me if you need any help

A month!!:shocked:

The newest numbers are in this morning at World Wide Albums.

The Boy who Knew Too Much is now at 412,000 units sold.:thumb_yello:

According to these numbers TBWKTM has been climbing about 50,000 units per week for the last three weeks.

I hope it keeps climbing steadily or better as Mika performs around the world.

According to these numbers TBWKTM has been climbing about 50,000 units per week for the last three weeks.

That is wonderful news! Thanks for telling us!

• 2 weeks later...
Rain is on the Radio One C playlist. Hopefully it will move up soon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/playlist/

The playlists are updated on Wednesdays, so let's hope it moves up this week :thumb_yello:

Still not released yet, of course :naughty:

I've seen the video on TV a couple of times now, and it is getting more airplay.

that is fantastic news!!

TBWKTM is down to no. 69 in the album charts though. I really can't believe it is dropping so fast :no:

it'll be up again once rain is released.

:no:

I cannot understand it.

Maybe people bought LICM out of curiosity but haven't heard enough of TBWKTM yet to convince then to buy that too :dunno:

:shocked: or they didn't like LICM after they had bought it

Maybe people bought LICM out of curiosity but haven't heard enough of TBWKTM yet to convince then to buy that too :dunno:

:shocked: or they didn't like LICM after they had bought it

How could that be!

But seriously I think maybe some bought LICM cos it was different, but see TBWKTM as more of the same. I really can't understand it though.