The Official "The Boy Who Knew Too Much ERA" Charts & Sales around the world Thread

Showtunes17

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How could that be!

But seriously I think maybe some bought LICM cos it was different, but see TBWKTM as more of the same. I really can't understand it though.

Possibly. But people happily buy 'more of the same' albums by loads of other artists :blink:.

I demand a public enquiry! :mad3:

:naughty:

:no:

The newest numbers from World Wide Albums for TBWKTM are 438,000 units sold as of last Friday.

Billboard charts for today are:

WAG is number 10 on the Dance/Club Chart.

TBWKTM is number 9 on the France Albums Chart.

TBWKTM is number 21 on the European Albums Chart.

On the Itunes Store Top Ten Pop Albums & Pop Songs Mika is bouncing in & out of the Top ten each week.

The real interesting thing to me is that LICM has remained in the Top Ten Pop Albums for weeks now in Luxembourg & Portugal.

I think that is really kewl!

I just can't figure out why.

I am sure all of us would have liked better news - but - Mika is doing a lot of promo & has a lot more lined up for the rest of November.

Mika just mentioned a performance at Radio City Music Hall in New York which is huge.

That venue is very prestigious!

He didn't mention a date & it isn't on the calendar yet.

Mika is heading to Australia & Hong Kong.

Mika has the European Tour coming up in February, March, April & part of May.

Hopefully TBWKTM will keep selling for a long time.

Edited by Kodes100

Yes 438,000.:wub2:

Oh I can't believe I did that.:wub2:

I even proof read that before I posted it as I have making stupid mistakes like that the last few days. Hmmm!:shocked::boxed::wub2:

Thank you Cibele.:thumb_yello:

OH, don't blame yourself for that, the numbers are so small and the blue blackground doesn't help :boxed::roftl:

Hopefully the single "Rain" may make people buy the album. Even my sister really likes that song and she doesn't like Mika that much!

Though she did quite enjoy Big Girl and Relax...and she even watched the documentary Mika made on his second DVD.

I think she's a closet Mika fan, personally...:naughty:

I'm definitely getting it as a Christmas present for my cousin, as she loved 'LICM'. :biggrin2:

You bring up a good point Blossom - Christmas is coming & that means Christmas presents.:thumb_yello:

TBWKTM should hopefully do well during Christmas especially with all of the press & performing that Mika is doing.:newyear::newyear:

His performance on the RAH show will air on BBC1 on Thursday 19th November at 8pm. It's for Children in Need, so should get a lot of viewers. He's also on two morning shows on BBC and ITV next week, so he's getting around. It should all help.

I bought a copy of TBWKTM Deluxe Edition for my Brother and sister in law as a Christmas present.

Mika's second time around seems to be struggling a bit in most places...

I just hope the singles will help the album pop up again...though somehow, I can't see that happening yet.

Maybe WAG wasn't the best first single :dunno:

I can understand why they went with it, though. I think if I'd been in the decision-makers shoes, I'd have picked it, too. It's a great song, very strong, and was a very splashy way for him to jump back into public consciousness.

Although I think Rain might have broader appeal in the end. It seems the yelling children's choir and pronunciation of "gawlden" were off-putting to some critics, and likely some regular music lovers, too. :teehee:

Yep, it is my opinion that WAG was a bad choice as first single. However, most peoples careers take dips..............and I don't think this can be considered as a 'major dip' but Mika has the talent to ride the storm. The public are very fickle but true talent will shine through.

I can understand why they went with it, though. I think if I'd been in the decision-makers shoes, I'd have picked it, too. It's a great song, very strong, and was a very splashy way for him to jump back into public consciousness.

Although I think Rain might have broader appeal in the end. It seems the yelling children's choir and pronunciation of "gawlden" were off-putting to some critics, and likely some regular music lovers, too. :teehee:

I agree with that. WAG is a BIG song and is strategically a great way to get everyone's attention.

True true. I can see where it would seem off-putting for people of the lower levels of Mika understanding.:bleh:

Yep, it is my opinion that WAG was a bad choice as first single. However, most peoples careers take dips..............and I don't think this can be considered as a 'major dip' but Mika has the talent to ride the storm. The public are very fickle but true talent will shine through.

Oh no, this isn't a dip at all. He's gonna make it through...and he'll always have us.:biggrin2:

I agree with that. WAG is a BIG song and is strategically a great way to get everyone's attention.

True true. I can see where it would seem off-putting for people of the lower levels of Mika understanding.:bleh:

Oh no, this isn't a dip at all. He's gonna make it through...and he'll always have us.:biggrin2:

Yep...............whether he likes it or not:naughty:

My thoughts are that people should realise that this is not the end of the Mikaworld. I'm also thinking that once again 'The Boy' is being judged by the success of LICM. Let's not forget ' The Boy' got to number four, and so did WAG, so it's not a disaster.

Remember also there is a lot more competition these days. You've got popstars from way-back-when coming back with new albums and singles. We've got people like Lady Gaga and Pixie Lott, who I think were influenced by Mika but are now in competition with him. Peter Andre is also back on the scene, as is Robbie Williams. There is also the awful truth that if someone from the X Factor releases a single or an album they are guaranteed a number one spot, no matter how bad the songs may possibly be! With all that going on, I actually think Mika has done well with his album and singles so far. He certainly isn't going anywhere.

I think the bit of a dip is probably something that was bound to happen. People took notice of the quirky performer who sang Grace Kelly, but now Mika is more polished, even though the quirkiness is still there, and maybe some of his initial fans don't like that he's evolved and have gone away. But now his work is being sung by the likes of The King's Singers and acapella groups around the world. He's fast becoming The Maestro of Pop and I predict he'll soon win fans who are true music lovers, who appreciate his wonderful work and amazing voice, and know he has an amazing future in musical entertainment.

This is what I think anyway. I do hope what I've written helps people to put things into perspective and look at the bigger picture.

My thoughts are that people should realise that this is not the end of the Mikaworld. I'm also thinking that once again 'The Boy' is being judged by the success of LICM. Let's not forget ' The Boy' got to number four, and so did WAG, so it's not a disaster.

Remember also there is a lot more competition these days. You've got popstars from way-back-when coming back with new albums and singles. We've got people like Lady Gaga and Pixie Lott, who I think were influenced by Mika but are now in competition with him. Peter Andre is also back on the scene, as is Robbie Williams. There is also the awful truth that if someone from the X Factor releases a single or an album they are guaranteed a number one spot, no matter how bad the songs may possibly be! With all that going on, I actually think Mika has done well with his album and singles so far. He certainly isn't going anywhere.

I think the bit of a dip is probably something that was bound to happen. People took notice of the quirky performer who sang Grace Kelly, but now Mika is more polished, even though the quirkiness is still there, and maybe some of his initial fans don't like that he's evolved and have gone away. But now his work is being sung by the likes of The King's Singers and acapella groups around the world. He's fast becoming The Maestro of Pop and I predict he'll soon win fans who are true music lovers, who appreciate his wonderful work and amazing voice, and know he has an amazing future in musical entertainment.

This is what I think anyway. I do hope what I've written helps people to put things into perspective and look at the bigger picture.

I couldn't agree more with everything you've said. :biggrin2:

Yeah, I see what you mean, it is a very big song and gets attention one way or another. I think it reminds people of things and that's why people like it. But most non Mika fans I've talked to really don't like it. :boxed: A lot of them just say it sounds like High school musical and dismiss it.

It is a very marmite song in my opinion, so that's bound to happen.:naughty:

I don't know if it was a bad choice but I don't think it's one the public would love easily. :naughty:

I mean even some fans had to get used to it, and judging from the favourite song poll on here, it's one of the lower favourites on the album.

But yeah, he will pick up again, because he's Mika and the album is so good. I do think the other singles will appeal the the public more as well.

:thumb_yello::naughty:

I agree WAG was a bad choice - I was really disappointed when I heard it, although I think its a fun stadium song that probably sounds best live. The chorus is really meaningless, whereas Grace Kelly was very witty which helped.

Rain on the other hand is great so hopefully will do well, but I don't think the video is going to help his cause much. I love it, but non-Mika-ites might find it too 'camp'.

Never mind, bet his third album is great, the pressure will be off a bit! He's brilliant so its going to come through...