Mika @ RIX FM Festival AUG 15

Droopsy

I don't mean to burst you bubble but did you see the part where I said I think it's a toss if he shows or not? :roftl:

He's so big now and like ziema said, they only play a few songs each. So I'm really surprised they've managed to book him. I'll wait to see if he's still on the list one or two days before, then I'll make arrangements to go to Malmö. (I live about 1,5-2h away, in Sweden.) Until then I'm just going to assume he won't. Avoids disappointment if he cancels. :thumb_yello: (What can I say, being a Mika fan makes you cynical. :naughty:)

But of course I do really hope he shows! :biggrin2:

Think i'll TRY and just look at it that way too... But i hope he'll come. I'll save some money for it :thumb_yello: I live 1½-2 hours drive away too by train from Malmö (from Denmark)

I'll try to sleep on that...

:bye:

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

where is sienna?:naughty:

I’m here!:bye:

On vacation with my family right now and I don’t have a chance to log in until late at night, like this!

This Rix thing sounds a bit crazy to me, the song for download, is definitely not our Mika!

I’ll try to call the radio station, Rix next week when I’m home again and try to find out more.

But I think when I take a look at the other artist that it’s going to be very short, if it even is our Mika after all, and sure, lots of screaming kids.

But as I said I’ll defintely try to find out more.

Malmö is a small town close to the Danish boarder.

If Rose gets the opportunity to ask Mika himself that would be a good idea!:thumb_yello:

naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

she's on a plane to london :mf_rosetinted:

kidding....i wish we were! :wink2:

I wish I were!:boxed:

EMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woot_jump: VERY long time no see!! :huglove: How are youuu?

Oh it's def our MIKA. :thumb_yello: Rix FM is a very mainstream radio channel. They'd play no other dodgy, let's say Belgian, Mika. :naughty:

IF he shows that is. I'm surprised no one's mentioned that he cancelled last time he was supposed to come. :lmao:

I know, I haven't postad anything for aaages XD It's fun to see that all the oldies are still here :biggrin2: I'm doing great thanks, how about you?

I try not to think of that he cancelled last time -__- It can't happen haha! Well, I'm going to Malmö that day anyway to accompany my sis.

Think i'll TRY and just look at it that way too... But i hope he'll come. I'll save some money for it I live 1½-2 hours drive away too by train from Malmö (from Denmark)

I'll try to sleep on that...

:thumb_yello: Yeah, it would be awesome if he made it.. Really, really awesome!

I’m here!

On vacation with my family right now and I don’t have a chance to log in until late at night, like this!

This Rix thing sounds a bit crazy to me, the song for download, is definitely not our Mika!

I’ll try to call the radio station, Rix next week when I’m home again and try to find out more.

But I think when I take a look at the other artist that it’s going to be very short, if it even is our Mika after all, and sure, lots of screaming kids.

But as I said I’ll defintely try to find out more.

Malmö is a small town close to the Danish boarder.

If Rose gets the opportunity to ask Mika himself that would be a good idea!

It's Last fm that's mixing up the songs and artists, not Rix FM themselves.

http://www.rixfm.com/festival/schedule.php?action=city&cityid=59

There really is no question that it is our Mika in question. (:roftl:) However, that is no guarantee Mika will actually make it to Malmö. So calling them would be a great idea. :thumb_yello: Esp closer to the date.

I know, I haven't postad anything for aaages XD It's fun to see that all the oldies are still here :biggrin2: I'm doing great thanks, how about you?

I try not to think of that he cancelled last time -__- It can't happen haha! Well, I'm going to Malmö that day anyway to accompany my sis.

Hahah yup, I'm still here! :biggrin2: But I'm not on that often nowadays and I rarely post. It's been a long time since I was a proper regular. A very long time actually; back in the good old days in the girls thread. :wub2: We had such a great gang going! Shame it ended. But I guess it was bound to. I don't have the time now anyway.

I might sound pessimistic but I'm really just trying to be realistic. And protecting myself from disappointment. If he shows I'll be as happy as ever!! :yay: Esp as it'd be something I didn't really expect. ^^

:crybaby: why!!! why!??? why 15th? couldn't be the 25th? i'm in Denmark from 23rd until 3rd of september... would be easy to hop to malmo..and he's doing a gig a week earlier? :crybaby:

There is no God for me :no:

:thumb_yello: Yeah, it would be awesome if he made it.. Really, really awesome!

It's Last fm that's mixing up the songs and artists, not Rix FM themselves.

http://www.rixfm.com/festival/schedule.php?action=city&cityid=59

There really is no question that it is our Mika in question. (:roftl:) However, that is no guarantee Mika will actually make it to Malmö. So calling them would be a great idea. :thumb_yello: Esp closer to the date.

Hahah yup, I'm still here! :biggrin2: But I'm not on that often nowadays and I rarely post. It's been a long time since I was a proper regular. A very long time actually; back in the good old days in the girls thread. :wub2: We had such a great gang going! Shame it ended. But I guess it was bound to. I don't have the time now anyway.

I might sound pessimistic but I'm really just trying to be realistic. And protecting myself from disappointment. If he shows I'll be as happy as ever!! :yay: Esp as it'd be something I didn't really expect. ^^

Well ive send em an email to 2 who ahve soem to do with it in Sweden 1 in the Uk who have some to do with the festival too about if it is our Mika...

Word of caution everyone - even if the festival confirms it is not the same as Mika confirming.

This is only 2 weeks out and during Mika's birthday week when he usually takes holidays so be careful about spending money on something that can't be refunded until someone on Mika's end confirms.

Word of caution everyone - even if the festival confirms it is not the same as Mika confirming.

This is only 2 weeks out and during Mika's birthday week when he usually takes holidays so be careful about spending money on something that can't be refunded until someone on Mika's end confirms.

Great word of warning, Christine -- we'll ask around and see if we can get

any official confirmation. :thumb_yello:

He did say in an interview he had a holiday for his birthday week so caution is advised :aah:

I don't mean to burst you bubble but did you see the part where I said I think it's a toss if he shows or not? :roftl:

He's so big now and like ziema said, they only play a few songs each. So I'm really surprised they've managed to book him. I'll wait to see if he's still on the list one or two days before, then I'll make arrangements to go to Malmö. (I live about 1,5-2h away, in Sweden.) Until then I'm just going to assume he won't. Avoids disappointment if he cancels. :thumb_yello: (What can I say, being a Mika fan makes you cynical. :naughty:)

But of course I do really hope he shows! :biggrin2:

Maybe someone (a mod/admin perhaps) could check it out with mikasounds. Then fans will know for sure.

Good thinking Christine!:thumb_yello:

Personally I doubt he would do a thing like this, he's doing bigger things now.

But who knows :wink2: I'll keep an eye on what's happening!

Well ive send em an email to 2 who ahve soem to do with it in Sweden 1 in the Uk who have some to do with the festival too about if it is our Mika...

When it comes to Sweden, there is only one Mika. And when it comes to Rix FM there is DEFINITELY only one Mika. (They only book artists they play. Rix FM is a radio channel. A VERY commercial one. Mika is a stretch for them, he's as "indie" as they get.) :thumb_yello:

:thumb_yello:

Maybe someone (a mod/admin perhaps) could check it out with mikasounds. Then fans will know for sure.

Tbh I believe it when I see it. No matter who confirms. Atleast it's free so one can hold out till last minute.

This is Sweden we're talking about. A festival in Sweden. And not even a proper one. (Plus I'm able to go. :naughty:) This is the third time he's booked at a festival here. He cancelled Rix Fm last time in Stockholm and he cancelled Way Out West in Gothenburg. (I'm not saying I don't believe he'll come. I don't know what I believe. Just not counting on anything.) Third time's a charm? We'll just have to wait and see. :thumb_yello:

Deb asked but Im her wing man

This is a confimed show , its Mika

Great! Thanks! :thumb_yello:

Good thinking Christine!:thumb_yello:

Personally I doubt he would do a thing like this, he's doing bigger things now.

But who knows :wink2: I'll keep an eye on what's happening!

Yeah, I was really surprised as well! Maybe he felt bad that he cancelled last time? :naughty: Or he feels he has a special connection with Rix FM? Since they were the first ones to play one of his songs on the radio? (Very surprising considering what they usually play. And they're usually not even the first in Sweden let alone in the world. :roftl:)

Well I cant be held responsible if he falls ill :roftl::roftl:

Direct communication from Team M says yes hes confirmed :biggrin2:

Have we ever let you down hhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

:lmao:

I have been checking in here a few times, but then I've been busy. But it still feels the same now :D

And those were really the good old days... Or rather nights maybe? :biggrin2:

Deb asked but Im her wing man :naughty:

This is a confimed show , its Mika :thumb_yello:

Seriously? Wohoo! :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

This is Sweden we're talking about. A festival in Sweden. And not even a proper one. (Plus I'm able to go. :naughty:) This is the third time he's booked at a festival here. He cancelled Rix Fm last time in Stockholm and he cancelled Way Out West in Gothenburg. (I'm not saying I don't believe he'll come. I don't know what I believe. Just not counting on anything.) Third time's a charm? We'll just have to wait and see. :thumb_yello:

But he did cancel Rix Fm because he got ill, something with his ear I think? Can't remember why he cancelled Way out west though...

But that can't happen this time XD

I hope he wont cancel :tears: I wanna see him live sooo much!!!! The iTunes live online was GREAT but would be better beeing there at a show!!!!

Cant believe i still won tix for the iTnes show but had to cancel cos of the flight price only :crybaby:

I hope he wont cancel :tears: I wanna see him live sooo much!!!! The iTunes live online was GREAT but would be better beeing there at a show!!!!

Cant believe i still won tix for the iTnes show but had to cancel cos of the flight price only :crybaby:

:huglove: I'm sorry!

I'm hoping he doesn't cancel:wink2: