Listen to 30 seconds of every song!

lindemfc

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:boing: Thank you!!! Loved to hear it!!

And I loved most of it. A little bit more commercial sounds? True. But some of the songs are incredible brilliant! And, besides, we just can't judge the whole album just by listening to 30 seconds of each song, right? So don't feel disappointed so soon!! :wink2:

I agree. Initially I didn't like WAG with the little clip we got and as soon as I heard the entire song I was sold. :)

That song Touches You is indeed strange :naughty:

Loved Pick up off the floor and Good Gone Girl :biggrin2: LOVERBOYY!! Is it me or it sounds a bit like Killer Queen????

But I have to say, it sounds more electronic than LICM and I don't like that much. And I agree with Danika, BIOTG sounds rap :roftl:

Edited by Romis

But I have to say, it sounds more electro pop than LICM. And I agree with Danika, BIOTG sounds rap :roftl:

I really can't help doing gangsta hand gestures now while I listen to the 30 seconds of that song :aah:

I've succumbed to breaking my 'listen to the song in full rule' and now regretting it... I'm not so sure about most songs..:aah: reminds me of manufactured pop.. maybe it's just me.. I stopped half way through the list though.. gonna stick with my rule for now and wait.

Edit- Some songs do sound good though.. Dr John is intriguing.. :thumb_yello:

Edited by nikjass

Yes, I think the bits between the hooks (which are mostly what we're hearing, I imagine) will be more distinctive.

I'm glad someone agreed- I thought the bit of the vid where Mika was dancing with the casette player on his shoulder was lifted from a take that vid, (and the bit in the bathroom flexing his biceps from a Robbie one) so I was afraid I'd got TT on the brain.

Yes I agree with you there about the other parts of the songs being maybe more distinctive, it is what sets Mika apart from the Gary Barlows of this world IMO.

..and I noticed the Robbie/TT references in the video too! :wink2:

:blush-anim-cl::thumb_yello:

Well.... I love MOST of it, some I think will grow on me in time, like Dr John, I'm not sure of that one, absolutely LOVE By the Time :blush-anim-cl:

I'm sure it will be fine and we will ALL love it, that man is a genius and doesn't really know it. I think I will tell him tomorrow night:thumb_yello:

:thumb_yello::wub2:

I would have preferred to see Overrated on there instead of Lover Boy BUT love the new lyrics to that! :blush-anim-cl::thumb_yello:

I would MUCH rather have Overrated too. Love that song, and have never liked Lover Boy. To me, it sounds so much like a Queen/Freddie song as to be almost a parody. It plays into the hands of all those critics who insist Mika is just a Freddie impersonator.

Just my opinion :biggrin2:

Ok, so I downloaded the link on the first page, but it's a .wmv file (movie file) so I made an mp3 with slightly better quality. (no offence:teehee:)

Here it is if you want it:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/b8x3os

thanks- it'll keep me company on the train to London

Yes I agree with you there about the other parts of the songs being maybe more distinctive, it is what sets Mika apart from the Gary Barlows of this world IMO.

..and I noticed the Robbie/TT references in the video too! :wink2:

:thumb_yello::wub2:

I would MUCH rather have Overrated too. Love that song, and have never liked Lover Boy. To me, it sounds so much like a Queen/Freddie song as to be almost a parody. It plays into the hands of all those critics who insist Mika is just a Freddie impersonator.

Phew, not just me then!

I like overrated, but I always think that loverboy says "And if I'm gonna do Queen- damn I'm good!"

I think Overrated would have gone well with the whole teenage theme too, more so than Lover Boy :thumb_yello:

Don't suppose anyone can put somewhere that it'll go on my windows media player?

The other links send it to the alternative music player that I can't access, only Windows will work for me.

Thank you:thumb_yello:

Ok, so I downloaded the link on the first page, but it's a .wmv file (movie file) so I made an mp3 with slightly better quality. (no offence:teehee:)

Here it is if you want it:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/b8x3os

Thank you! :thumb_yello:

Don't suppose anyone can put somewhere that it'll go on my windows media player?

The other links send it to the alternative music player that I can't access, only Windows will work for me.

See the one Nono posted it plays in my Windows Player :thumb_yello:

I think the link on the first page is Windows Media player, it went to that for me, but I'm no computer expert! :naughty: