HMDYLM & HJ b-sides?

QuizzicalQuail56

Personally I think it is an international tragedy of epic proportions if he never releases HMDYLM. I have to admit that having spent a couple of years listening to HJ I am about fed up of it but I don't think I will ever tire of HMDYLM. I was so looking forward to hearing a studio version as I thought it would sound SO different to the live recording.

100% agree :aah: Love love love it .... :boing:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I meant the lyrics of I'm F.. fitting what was exlained in the article about the content of I See You. And Yes, my other favourite is O.:wink2::biggrin2:

*runs away*

I love I'm F... I think I would just cry if I ever heard it live :shocked:

Ok, I meant the lyrics of I'm F.. fitting what was exlained in the article about the content of I See You. And Yes, my other favourite is O.:wink2::biggrin2:

*runs away*

It seems even moreso now based on the German article doesn't it? I think Caz is right that it's probably the same situation.

This is the video where I asked him about HMDYLM :aah: He did say maybe - you never know - at the end of it ... I think he was asked about HJ at Itunes too :lmfao: Two minds think alike on those songs .... still really hope he does them :boing:

He also told me in Brussels that he wouldn't play Lonely Alcoholic live. His response, just like here, was a curt "no." But then, as he was walking away, he said "maybe in London" - just like his "maybe, you never know" about How Much Do You Love Me.

So there is hope!!:shocked:

Personally I think it is an international tragedy of epic proportions if he never releases HMDYLM. I have to admit that having spent a couple of years listening to HJ I am about fed up of it but I don't think I will ever tire of HMDYLM. I was so looking forward to hearing a studio version as I thought it would sound SO different to the live recording.

I totally agree. That song live was enchanting, and I'm still quite grr that it didn't make it onto either of the DVDs. At least a proper live recording would help dull the sting of him not recording it. :tears:

I don't know why he's rejecting it so much. It's one of my favourites.

As for the demos, I think there's a lot of underground love for Overrated. Mika'd probably pee himself if he knew just how much love there is. :teehee:

As for the demos, I think there's a lot of underground love for Overrated. Mika'd probably pee himself if he knew just how much love there is. :teehee:

It's one of those songs that makes cry :wub2: His voice is just so beautiful.

I actually never loved OMS so much, but then I heard it in Berlin and I realized how beautiful it is. Wow. Love Lady Jane even more but OMS is now one of my favorites. I hope we can hear I'm Falling or Overrated some day :wub2:

It seems even moreso now based on the German article doesn't it? I think Caz is right that it's probably the same situation.

Wheeeeeyy someone agrees! :biggrin2:

He also told me in Brussels that he wouldn't play Lonely Alcoholic live. His response, just like here, was a curt "no." But then, as he was walking away, he said "maybe in London" - just like his "maybe, you never know" about How Much Do You Love Me.

I totally agree. That song live was enchanting, and I'm still quite grr that it didn't make it onto either of the DVDs. At least a proper live recording would help dull the sting of him not recording it. :tears:

Idonotunderstandtheamountoflovepeoplehaveforhmdylmasit'soneofmyleastfavouritesbutheyeachtotheirown...isthereanyoneelsewhoagreeswithme?Ifeellonely :naughty:

Overrated is gorgeous. And so sad. "I'm jaded in this goddamn world"...he just sounds so stuck and alone :tears:

But I'm Falling is tragically beautiful.

As for Loverboy...SO GLAD it's on the new album!

Idonotunderstandtheamountoflovepeoplehaveforhmdylmasit'soneofmyleastfavouritesbutheyeachtotheirown...isthereanyoneelsewhoagreeswithme?Ifeellonely :naughty:

YoumightnotbetheonlyonebutIamdefinitelynotwithyouasI :mf_lustslow: it.

RemindsmeofFreedombyWham:wub2:... thoughIactuallyIloveitmorethanFreedombyWham:bleh:

I saw Suzie quote this and was going to suggest: go to Caz, she also said she dosnt like HMDYLM that bad

then I noticed you wrote this- silly me :roftl:

Overrated is gorgeous. And so sad. "I'm jaded in this goddamn world"...he just sounds so stuck and alone :tears:

agreed agreed and AGREED! :biggrin2:

It's one of those songs that makes cry :wub2: His voice is just so beautiful.

I actually never loved OMS so much, but then I heard it in Berlin and I realized how beautiful it is. Wow. Love Lady Jane even more but OMS is now one of my favorites. I hope we can hear I'm Falling or Overrated some day :wub2:

very true... I can never stop listening to it... the lyrics are just so WOW...

for some reason I cant put my finger on what OMS means... a little forbidden help? whisper to me? :boxed::teehee:

Other way round- I've only heard HMDYLM a couple of times, didn't grab me, but I love Holy Johnny and would love a version I could listen to legally

Wheeeeeyy someone agrees! :biggrin2:

YoumightnotbetheonlyonebutIamdefinitelynotwithyouasI :mf_lustslow: it.

RemindsmeofFreedombyWham:wub2:... thoughIactuallyIloveitmorethanFreedombyWham:bleh:

I think Overrated is what it says :naughty:

Don't rate HMDYLM much either.

Or even Loverboy.

No accounting for taste, I suppose :naughty:

But I'm Falling is hauntingly beautiful and I cannot understand why he won't record it properly :tears:

Other way round- I've only heard HMDYLM a couple of times, didn't grab me, but I love Holy Johnny and would love a version I could listen to legally

It's on the Live in Cartoon Motion DVD - the best version as far as I am concerned. That must be legal.

Martin's in a hurry :roftl:

But I'm Falling is hauntingly beautiful and I cannot understand why he won't record it properly :tears:

I am with you on this :wink2:

...sometimes I wish we could somehow 'push' him into recording it without being too direct or offensive. It's his choice but still... :emot-sad:

We make a whole book entitled "How Much Do We Love You?" and this is how he repays us? :sneaky2:

no duh :sneaky2:

**idea**

we need to pelt him with that song.. have us singing it whenever he sees his fans... holding up signs reading 'how much do you love me?' in our WAG vids..

:mf_rosetinted:

This is the video where I asked him about HMDYLM :aah: He did say maybe - you never know - at the end of it ... I think he was asked about HJ at Itunes too :lmfao: Two minds think alike on those songs .... still really hope he does them :boing:

Ooh live!

I really think it's a "live" song. Love listening to the live recording... there's such a vibe to it, I can't remember a time listening to it when it didn't give me goosebumps. :rolls_eyes:

But I really would NOT complain if he recorded/released it.

.... Actually I came across a live performance of HMDYLM yesterday ( I think it was from a concert in Toronto) and he announced the song as one from the next album...:blink:

...So he obviously intended it to be there but probably the other ones he wrote later turned out to be stronger / more fitting to the album concept than this one...

.... Actually I came across a live performance of HMDYLM yesterday ( I think it was from a concert in Toronto) and he announced the song as one from the next album...:blink:

...So he obviously intended it to be there but probably the other ones he wrote later turned out to be stronger / more fitting to the album concept than this one...

That's what's annoyed me so much ... everytime he's done it ... he's announced it as a new song from his new album :aah: and then he never even recorded it .... :tears:

I love it ... I have no idea why I love it so much .... I just do ... :(

Least I have some good MP3's of it .... thank god for YT :wub2:

Least I have some good MP3's of it .... thank god for YT :wub2:

And special thanks to the fans who not only do their best to record it in good quality but also upload these on YT and share it with all the other fans:thumb_yello:

I do appreciate their effort, especially from the first couple of rows, as it must be extremely difficult to do a proper recording and enjoy the show at the same time...

In Berlin I only tried to take some photos, but could not really do good ones because you just want to enjoy every minute of the show - including singing, waving, clapping, bouncing...etc - and also, when he comes close and looks at you/ your direction, you suddently feel silly with the camera in your hand... I mean I do, so with the recordings I strongly rely on fans who have already mastered this art:biggrin2:

..So thanks for them:thumb_yello:

And special thanks to the fans who not only do their best to record it in good quality but also upload these on YT and share it with all the other fans:thumb_yello:

I do appreciate their effort, especially from the first couple of rows, as it must be extremely difficult to do a proper recording and enjoy the show at the same time...

In Berlin I only tried to take some photos, but could not really do good ones because you just want to enjoy every minute of the show - including singing, waving, clapping, bouncing...etc - and also, when he comes close and looks at you/ your direction, you suddently feel silly with the camera in your hand... I mean I do, so with the recordings I strongly rely on fans who have already mastered this art:biggrin2:

..So thanks for them:thumb_yello:

Completely agree ... every gig I've been too ... I've taken my camera with the intention of filming most of it ... and have failed utterly ... cos' I just can't ..... just want to enjoy it ... and dance ..... alot .... :boing::boing:

Others have better camera's then me anyway :wub2:

Me too. I was sooo looking forward to it and thought: Yay, at least ONE song I will like.

Yeah, you never know. MAYBE it will be a B-side. If not..we'll just have to whine just as long until he will give in:biggrin2:

Oh and: :lmfao:Totally. I can't imagine his reaction if he knew it.

I really love it too though, I think that, together with Erase and Happy Ending sometimes, is the only Mikasong that can make me cry.

I don't get all the fuss about I'm Falling though. IMO it's just okay.

Yeah. But it does fit with the whole concept IMO. IT TOTALLY DOES FIT!:tears:

Maybe he didn't want 2synth/80s inspired songs on it? Of is that a really stupid thought? Maybe he thought Rain and HMDYLM were too similar?:boxed:

Okay, nevermind, that doesn't even make sense:bleh: