Mika in Munich 13.9.09, exclusive radio gig

mellody

I'm quite ashamed the BBC are being so narrrow. They kind of represent the country. It would be different if a limited entry session was being held in a country that hardly got any concerts.

I do think organisations making conditions ought to enforce them- too often we have the situation (like here) where honest people can't do something but dishonest people can- not a situation the BBC should be endorsing.

As for reading the terms and conditions, its been my lifetime's habit- one that I'm getting out of because so often its like the recent European tour- they're not visible till booking opens and the stampede starts

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm quite ashamed the BBC are being so narrrow. They kind of represent the country. It would be different if a limited entry session was being held in a country that hardly got any concerts.

I do think organisations making conditions ought to enforce them- too often we have the situation (like here) where honest people can't do something but dishonest people can- not a situation the BBC should be endorsing.

As for reading the terms and conditions, its been my lifetime's habit- one that I'm getting out of because so often its like the recent European tour- they're not visible till booking opens and the stampede starts

Whist I can see what you mean by that I think that you've also got to look at the gig in context. It's part of the Blackpool switch on weekened, celebrating the British beach resort sort of thing, to me (and this is just opinion) it makes sense that this would only be open to UK residents.

Too many posts to quote all of them, but I picked this one now:

Narrow how?

This is a TV programme recording for the BBC- It's funded by us, the people who pay the BBC licence fee!

It's a very limited amount of tickets that they give out, so it's not realistic to let every other person in the world apply.

Too many posts to quote all of them, but I picked this one now:

Narrow how?

This is a TV programme recording for the BBC- It's funded by us, the people who pay the BBC licence fee!

It's a very limited amount of tickets that they give out, so it's not realistic to let every other person in the world apply.

Narrow in only restricting tickets to the UK obviously. None of the artists on the bill are big enough to fill the place with remote foreigners and I would prefer my licence fee to be used to promote British artists- and the British seaside, for that matter- worldwide

Let local stations do the locals only stuff.

Narrow in only restricting tickets to the UK obviously. None of the artists on the bill are big enough to fill the place with remote foreigners and I would prefer my licence fee to be used to promote British artists- and the British seaside, for that matter- worldwide

I would think the same if it were an event in Spain organised by a Spanish radio station or TV channel.

Promoting tourism at the same time, good for all.

Well, clearly in this case there weren't enough tickets to go around the local fans as so many mfc'ers missed out on them :wink2: so I don't think that this "theory" applies for this one. Have you not been reading that so many people (locals) were still looking for tickets?

Well, clearly in this case there weren't enough tickets to go around the local fans as so many mfc'ers missed out on them :wink2: so I don't think that this "theory" applies for this one. Have you not been reading that so many people (locals) were still looking for tickets?

I could see some sense in giving true locals priority- neglect of the regions is a national problem- but its clear from this thread that they didn't do that

If 40% of the people turning up weren't British, I'd see some sense in a restriction on the "licence fee" basis- but that's unlikely to be the case with Mika.

now this is really becoming a LONG discussion, though in the middle it seemed like it would get back closer to the topic of this thread.

i should've kept my mouth shut instead of adding to that OT discussion, so i'm not innocent... but now please, can we just agree on the fact that we disagree and get BTT? :wink2: like christine said, we could argue about this for weeks without getting to a conclusion, so if you want to continue, please open a new thread for it. :wink2: thanx.

mika super fan of the DMFC wrote to bayern3 cause she hadn't received the newsletter yet. they answered her that this may be due to server problems and she shouldn't worry but just wait a few more days. so violet and sabine, just be patient. :wink2:

mika super fan of the DMFC wrote to bayern3 cause she hadn't received the newsletter yet. they answered her that this may be due to server problems and she shouldn't worry but just wait a few more days. so violet and sabine, just be patient. :wink2:

thank you Mellody for the news from Br3 . Maybe we get the newsletter on Monday, when the new one wil be send out. O.K., so we will be patient....

:thumb_yello: Good luck girls (and Violet)!!!

I hope that you get to go to the gig, it sounds like a fabulous one. :biggrin2:And report, report, report!!!

I don't want to dig any deeper into a discussion that is supposed to be over, I'll just quickly reply to Mellody, drop a random thought and then try to stick to the topic of this thread... :blush-anim-cl:

absolutely agree with this, and also with most of the other things you said. kreuzpullach, lol! :naughty: the only thing i wouldn't be happy about - cross-cultural or not - if mika plays in the city you live in, let's say munich, and especially if he's doing similar gigs in other cities, let's say brussels - if someone from brussels wins tickets for both gigs and a fan from munich can't go to the gig in their hometown. it doesn't necessarily mean that if the brussels fan hadn't applied, the munich fan would've won instead, but it would still feel somewhat unfair, don't you think? and if a lot of people from abroad apply, the chances for the munich fan to win might in fact become lower.

Well, of course that would be food for thought. But then, as you said, with competitions you can never draw a clear conclusion about who got 'your' ticket in the end and if the hypothetical Belgium winner still would have won if you got a ticket as well.

This is not directed to anyone, but I see a slight problem with the approach to these random competitions. They're not meant to be for the die hard fans only. We're not asked to do anything outrageous to prove our undying love for MIKA to show how much or little we deserve to attend this gig. It's just open to everyone, die hard fans, the occasional listener thinking it would be nice to see MIKA live for once, obsessive competition participants... so, in the end, as much as I'd really really love to go there and see him and see people I already met, I still don't take these tickets for granted. I expect not to win, as this is in the nature of competitions. Most people don't win. If you do, you're lucky, and even better if you didn't really expect it. Way better than the other way round.

oh and btw as you said it wouldn't affect anyone in a negative way if ppl just travelled to a gig without having tickets - it might, if too many do it and the possible after show meeting for originally 10-20 fans turns into 50 or 100 fans...

Sure, that is always the problem. I tend to back away from crowds anyway and I do wish for another after gig experience like Munich two years ago with 15 people around. I'm sure everybody does. There are just so many everybodies :roftl: But then I don't think so many people will come to just get a glimpse without a gig. (At least not from abroad :naughty:) Or do you think we're really already there? :blink:

about you not getting the newsletter yet, you didn't accidentially subsribe to the movie newsletter? the subscription box looks very similar...

I know and I double checked, clicked the confirmation link and was told I had successfully subscribed. *schmoll*

[that was before I read the following :roftl:]

:huglove: thanks a lot mika super fan :bye:, and thanks, Mellody for telling us! :flowers2:

I'm hoping for Monday to come with a newsletter :cheerful_h4h:

Well, of course that would be food for thought. But then, as you said, with competitions you can never draw a clear conclusion about who got 'your' ticket in the end and if the hypothetical Belgium winner still would have won if you got a ticket as well.

This is not directed to anyone, but I see a slight problem with the approach to these random competitions. They're not meant to be for the die hard fans only. We're not asked to do anything outrageous to prove our undying love for MIKA to show how much or little we deserve to attend this gig. It's just open to everyone, die hard fans, the occasional listener thinking it would be nice to see MIKA live for once, obsessive competition participants... so, in the end, as much as I'd really really love to go there and see him and see people I already met, I still don't take these tickets for granted. I expect not to win, as this is in the nature of competitions. Most people don't win. If you do, you're lucky, and even better if you didn't really expect it. Way better than the other way round.

Ooh... You've just reminded me of another thought I had. I'll be quick.

As much as Mika likes seeing all the faces of the people who attend many gigs, do you think he is then preaching to the already converted?

So one of the good things about a gig like this is, it opens up the audience to people who might have kind of liked him on the radio, who may become a lot more "serious" fans through seeing him live.

Anyway... Just trying to see the good side of gigs that aren't dedicated especially to an all MFC crowd:mf_rosetinted::naughty:

mika super fan wrote to br3 again and asked them whether people outside of bavaria could take part in the competition and they answered no. well, so here we go again with the "who's allowed to apply" topic, just with bavaria vs. the rest of germany - typical for bavaria i'd say, to see themselves as a country of their own. :naughty:

i've written to them too and asked for 20 tickets for the german mika fan club (includes the german mfcers too of course, i just thought in this case it'd be better to ask in the name of the munich-based german fan club, not the international one...:wink2:) - don't have much hope but thought i could at least ask. :bleh: will let you know when they answer.

mika super fan wrote to br3 again and asked them whether people outside of bavaria could take part in the competition and they answered no. well, so here we go again with the "who's allowed to apply" topic, just with bavaria vs. the rest of germany - typical for bavaria i'd say, to see themselves as a country of their own. :naughty:

thank you so much for posting this!!! :flowers2:

i was just waiting to receive the apply form to read the terms & conditions, but now it's all clear!!! :thumb_yello:

so, i have to say adios to the plan of a nice mini-break in munich.. :teehee::sad:

Edited by Lil'Violet

as i had expected, br3 won't give us tickets. :sad: well, so we have to rely on our luck...

Thanks for trying :flowers2:

I got the newsletter today and applied right now. Good luck to everyone. Hope to see all of you there to celebrate a special Mikaparty at the Atomiccafe.

So did I, sometimes living in Bavaria has its potential benefits :teehee:

today you could win tickets for munich (including travelling and a stay in a hotel) at n-joy radio hamburg. :shocked: i tried all day long, but i wasn´t lucky. :tears:

now i decided to try to win with this br3 newsletter thingie. my cousin lives in munich, so i didn´t lie too much. :bleh:

haha, yes maybe we should overwhelm them with some mails. :naughty:

do you already have a person we can contact or an email address? i didn´t find one on their site. :boxed:

Edited by Silke

pfft, and to us they say it's only for ppl from bavaria! :sneaky2: hmm, maybe we should write to universal germany, so they can give us some tix for the mfc? :rolls_eyes:

Oh shame. I thought chances would be rather good if it was really just hosted or organized by that one radio station. But apparently they only claim that :naughty: I wonder how many tickets they really have for that competition.

maybe they share a certain contingent of tickets as they both are not private radio stations. :wink2:

Yes, that seems likely. Oh, and please don't get me wrong, I'm really happy for every Mika fan who can make it to the gig. :huglove:

Oh, and please don't get me wrong, I'm really happy for every Mika fan who can make it to the gig. :huglove:

no worries, I didn´t. :original:

secretly I hoped, that our chances are quite good, cause not too many of the usual subscribers will take part. :blush-anim-cl: Yesterday I lost hope a little bit, cause there were so many fans calling the radio station here. :aah:

Anyways I keep my fingers crossed for us all. :cheerful_h4h:

Edited by Silke