Mika in Munich 13.9.09, exclusive radio gig

mellody

yay, mika's coming to munich! :woot_jump: he'll be here on sep 13, 2009 for an exclusive bayern3 (radio station) gig at the atomic cafe (http://www.atomic.de). this venue ist only for max. 400 people and tickets can only be won by subscribers of the bayern3 newsletter.

in the newsletter there was a link to a website where you have to enter your address and answer an easy question (name of first album) to take part in the competition. in that form you also have to choose which part of bavaria you live in, so maybe it's just for people from bavaria... but it doesn't say so explicitly anywhere, so you can try. you can subscribe to the newsletter here: http://www.br-online.de/bayern3/newsletter/bayern-3-newsletter-kostenlos-ID1199439195645.xml?_requestid=868078 (the first of the 2 grey boxes where it says "Newsletter bestellen / abbestellen"). the newsletter came for me a few hours after subscribing. all competition entries must be sent before sep 8.

aah, i'm so happy, an exclusive small gig nearly in front of my door! :woot_jump: just hope i win tickets, but i'll be there anyway. :bleh:

edit: i forgot, you'll get a confirmation mail after subscribing to the newsletter. in this mail, you have to click a link to complete your subscription.

Edited by mellody

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yay, mika's coming to munich! :woot_jump: he'll be here on sep 13, 2009 for an exclusive bayern3 (radio station) gig at the atomic cafe (http://www.atomic.de). this venue ist only for max. 400 people and tickets can only be won by subscribers of the bayern3 newsletter.

I'll give it a try. Last time you posted about a competition for Mika-in-Munich-tickets I actually won. :roftl: Let's see if it can happen twice :naughty:

Mellody, Thank you very much for posting. I subscribed at once and hopefully we get the chance to see him, when he is so near. Do you know how many ticket per person? I´m so excited now....

I hope that doesn't mean he won't come and say hello after his Bestival performance on the 12th!!! :-0!

nah, why should that have an impact? he'll probably only fly to munich on sunday. if he doesn't say hello i think it would be due to the fact that it's a festival, it's always harder there.

btw i'm happy now that i didn't try to get expensive bestival tickets, when one day later he's in my hometown. i hoped it would be good for something to wait with the bestival decision, and in fact, i was right. :biggrin2:

Mellody, Thank you very much for posting. I subscribed at once and hopefully we get the chance to see him, when he is so near. Do you know how many ticket per person? I´m so excited now....

sorry don't know how many tickets per person. i'd guess 2, but it may as well be just one. :dunno:

Good luck everyone. Sounds like it will be a great gig!

it surely will be, this place is so f***ing small, i've been there before to see mark owen live, before take that got together again, and it's in fact just a small club in a basement. the 400 people capacity that is mentioned on the website seems a bit high to me - they say it's the maximum of guests if you wanna rent the club, but i'd guess that if they have a stage in there, it will be even less... i'd think 200, but then, i'm quite bad at guessing such things. :blush-anim-cl:

it surely will be, this place is so f***ing small, i've been there before to see mark owen live, before take that got together again, and it's in fact just a small club in a basement. the 400 people capacity that is mentioned on the website seems a bit high to me - they say it's the maximum of guests if you wanna rent the club, but i'd guess that if they have a stage in there, it will be even less... i'd think 200, but then, i'm quite bad at guessing such things. :blush-anim-cl:

Mellody, that sounds fantastic, such a small space!! I hope you win :thumb_yello: MFCers everywhere :wub2:

Best of luck Mellody, Violet and the rest of German fans! I hope that you win and have a fabulous night!!

Thank you for posting it so that everyone is aware...:thumb_yello:

I won't try to enter as it is for German fans but I hope many MFCers will win ticks and have a great time there:wink2:

Neither will I, obviously, based on principle, but I wish that everyone thought like us Suzie. I do.

So this is a bit like the R2 thing then, just without other acts?

not sure what the r2 thing is like, haven't read the thread in detail... but this seems to be a presentation of the new album to a small amount of people. i'm quite sure that munich won't be the only place where he's doing something like that, so maybe everyone should start checking their local radio station websites. :wink2:

When will they announce the winners?

competition closes sep 8, guess around that time then...

Edited by mellody

Best of luck Mellody, Violet and the rest of German fans! I hope that you win and have a fabulous night!!

Neither will I, obviously, based on principle, but I wish that everyone thought like us Suzie. I do.

Are you referring to my post about winning the BBC tickets? So I shouldn't have participated because it is in UK? Is there a principle that only people living in that country should participate competitions? I'm sorry I didn't know that. If there were a competition in Finland it would be only for Finnish people? Why? Just asking, I don't want to argue with anyone.

not sure what the r2 thing is like, haven't read the thread in detail... but this seems to be a presentation of the new album to a small amount of people. i'm quite sure that munich won't be the only place where he's doing something like that, so maybe everyone should start checking their local radio station websites. :wink2:

ha! i knew it: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19323 (belgium) :biggrin2:

Are you referring to my post about winning the BBC tickets? So I shouldn't have participated because it is in UK? Is there a principle that only people living in that country should participate competitions? I'm sorry I didn't know that. If there were a competition in Finland it would be only for Finnish people? Why? Just asking, I don't want to argue with anyone.

I'm not saying what people 'should' or should not do; I'm saying what I consider good form to do.

Each of these gigs will be slighly different, but all in all IMO they are similar in one way: They are small, done in a certain place, and funded by someone. In this case it's probably the radio station I guess?

The fact that one of the questions that one has to fill in in order to apply for tickets to this is 'Which part of Bavaria you live in' to me already says it all.

It's a bit like the BBC R2 one, which also asked for your County information and the format of the address was obviously British. In addition to this, the Radio 2 event is funded by the BBC, which in turn is funded by (us) the British BBC licence fee payers...So it does seem a bit unfair to me that some people who are here, paying the BBC licence fee, listening to that radio station (which is how they found out about the gig) will miss out, because the world and their dog have decided to apply to see if they are lucky in the draw and get tickets.

Besides this, which is (I find) the obvious and logical part of it, I think that it would just be nice to let the locals or people who these gigs mostly "apply to" go to them. If every fan that Mika has in the world decides to go to all of these, they will quickly be filled up with everyone from around the world and the locals (who the gig was initially meant for) will not manage to go.

The Belgian radio gig is open to people who are on a certain mobile phone company- I see a trend here, and that is why I think that we should just let the people who 'qualify' go to these gigs and not try and all go to them.

So yes, if there was a competition in Finland, I personally would be happy to let the Finns go to it and not try and go there myself, if that answers your question.

I'm not saying what people 'should' or should not do; I'm saying what I consider good form to do.

Each of these gigs will be slighly different, but all in all IMO they are similar in one way: They are small, done in a certain place, and funded by someone. In this case it's probably the radio station I guess?

The fact that one of the questions that one has to fill in in order to apply for tickets to this is 'Which part of Bavaria you live in' to me already says it all.

It's a bit like the BBC R2 one, which also asked for your County information and the format of the address was obviously British. In addition to this, the Radio 2 event is funded by the BBC, which in turn is funded by (us) the British BBC licence fee payers...So it does seem a bit unfair to me that some people who are here, paying the BBC licence fee, listening to that radio station (which is how they found out about the gig) will miss out, because the world and their dog have decided to apply to see if they are lucky in the draw and get tickets.

Besides this, which is (I find) the obvious and logical part of it, I think that it would just be nice to let the locals or people who these gigs mostly "apply to" go to them. If every fan that Mika has in the world decides to go to all of these, they will quickly be filled up with everyone from around the world and the locals (who the gig was initially meant for) will not manage to go.

The Belgian radio gig is open to people who are on a certain mobile phone company- I see a trend here, and that is why I think that we should just let the people who 'qualify' go to these gigs and not try and all go to them.

So yes, if there was a competition in Finland, I personally would be happy to let the Finns go to it and not try and go there myself, if that answers your question.

I see where you're coming from, Sara, but at the same time I disagree.

The sponsors/promoters behind any given ticket giveaway will make it abundantly clear if the competition is strictly for people of one country, or if others may enter. And if the competition rules say others may enter, or if winners are chosen from other countries, I don't think anyone from another nation should feel any sort of guilt for entering.

Honestly, how many fans are willing to travel for a last-minute gig? Look at how many people couldn't attend the iTunes gig, or had to cancel, because it was so last-minute. I just can't imagine the numbers are high enough to make a massive difference to "locals" who would like to go. We're a long, long way from a situation where "every fan that Mika has in the world decides to go to all of these".

And it's all well and good to say you'd be happy to step aside and let Finnish fans apply for tickets to a gig in Finland - but the reverse obviously can't be true. One simply needs to count how many times Mika's played the UK in the past 24 months, compared to how many times he's played Finland.

Also - how is someone from outside the UK winning tickets to a BBC thing so very different from someone from the UK (or Canada, for that matter) getting a golden wristband to a tiny capacity secret gig in LA? Because the BBC funds the former? IMHO, that doesn't make much difference. Either way you slice it, for the Roxy gig you and I did indeed "take tickets away" (so to speak) from Los Angeles-based fans who may have wanted to be there.

I'm not trying to upset anyone, I just find that this whole "home gig" line of thinking really rubs me the wrong way. And that's definitely personal bias coming into play - I've seen Mika just once in my home country, and I'd have been really hurt if someone at any of the other gigs had told me it was "bad form" to be at a gig in another country. (Although those were almost all gigs where tickets were available to buy, so maybe you see those situations differently.) We're all Mika fans, obviously a tiny sub-section of diehard fans - why do we need to play the "home gig" card?

In a contest situation the sponsors/promoters will decide who can enter, and if someone from outside their targeted region enters, it's up to the sponsor/promoter to weed those people out before announcing winners, no? :blink:

Edited by lollipop_monkey