The "I See You" Thread

CazGirl

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to wonder the exact same thing about the James Blunt song "Goodbye My Lover". Cos it made my cry everytime I heard it... But I wonder if a) once you've performed something enough times you manage to distance yourself a bit from the personal emotion of the song (whilst not detracting from your emotive performance of it) or b) putting it into a song helps you release the feelings from inside a little. Like a cathartic experience. So that you are able to remember but without the acute pain.

I guess the other thing is... if you write the song while you are going through the experience, then time does help heal things and by the time a song got put on an album or whatever you've probably dealt with/recovered from whatever it was that caused you the pain.

I dunno:dunno: Just thinking. I've only written a few songs, so it's not like I have heaps of experience with these things.

That's like me with Sara Bareille's song "Gravity". I don't feel the pain anymore, but when I listen to it or sing to it, I can feel it bubble again again. You CANNOT sing that song without emotion, it's impossible. There are only a few times when I feel like I'm gonna get teary eyed with that song, but I can sing it fine. I use the pain to sing it with feeling, not to help break me down, if that makes sense.

aha! he says the world to me in the first bit ...then the second time it is alot..crafty fox! lol

then conversations knock me out

xx

sounds fine until the "out" bit, i swear he says something at the end of it iy

yep ....In any possible similarity :thumb_yello:

but before that ..it is weighted not waited (same word but with dif meaning...clever man! :naughty:)

glad to help

xx

weighted makes more sense.

and similarity sounds right! *edits*

I LOVE the "I'm hating everyone" bit...because while you feel a lot of sentiment towards the person you're secretly in love, you feel a lot of resentment to everyone else because NO-ONE knows or understands how you feel because you feel like you can't tell anyone. And inside you feel so angry and frustrated and sometimes it can just be too much...oh Mika. :sad:

I was going to wait until the album came out before I tried to hear any of the songs, but my gut kept telling me I needed to hear this one. Someone, please remind me to have tissue when I'm in Seattle because this song rips me up.

I've had a song I've been aching to hear for the last many years and I've searched everywhere for it. I haven't been able to find it because it hadn't been written yet. Now it's in the world and I can hear it whenver I need to.

And I really needed to right now.

I think my heart would break if I don't get to hear it live, but I know my heart will break if he does play it in Seattle.

This is like a movie soundtrack....

LOVE IT EVEN MORE!!!

UPDATED almost complete lyrics:

I see you

(from I'm falling)

I'm standing across from you

I'm dreaming of the things I'd do

I don't speak, you don't know me at all

For fear of what you might do

I say nothing but stare at you

And I'm dreaming I'm tripping over you

Truth be told, my problem's old

You mean the world to me but you'll never know

You could be cruel to me

Why go risking the way that I see you

That I see you, that I see you, that I see you, that I see you, that I see

Concessions not me at all

I'm hesitating only to fall

and I'm waiting, I'm hating everyone

Could it be you feel for me

In any possible similarity

If it's so how would I know

You never know me at all but I see you, but I see you, but I see you, but I see you, but I see you

I've dreamt alone now the dreams won't do

Truth be told, my problem's old

You mean the world to me but you'll never know

You could be cruel to me

Why go risking the way that I see you

That I see you, but I see you, but I see you, but I see you, but I see you

But I see you

But I see you

Thanks for posting! :wub2:

I kept thinking it sounded like 'concessions' but my mind wanted it to be 'confessions', as it made the most sense to me. (Actually, it was cause I had no clue what concessions meant. :roftl:) I turned to a dictionary and now I'm sure it is concessions. :naughty::thumb_yello:

from bab:wub2:

I stand by my most recent interpretation.

He doesn't use the word waited/weighted at all.

And Christine was right I think, it's In any possible similarity

Where you say 'concessions' the subtitles from C4 came up 'conversations' which seemed to fit.

Love the part that goes like "Could it be, you feel for me..."

It's like you're in a musical and the character gets hopeful because the person he's talking about has given a couple signs:wub2:

Ah I love that line too!! 'Could it be, you feel for me in any possible similarity?' :wub2:

That is one of my faves from that song. Though my absolute favourite one is:

'Truth be told, my problem's old.

You mean the world to me but you'll never know.

You could be cruel to me. Why go risking the way

that I see you?

But I see you.'

:tears::wub2:

(I recognise myself a bit too much in it. :teehee:)

Where you say 'concessions' the subtitles from C4 came up 'conversations' which seemed to fit.

I didn't say it, but I can see it is a difficult call. Both fit.

In a couple of weeks I will have the Japanese CD with all the lyrics attached and we can settle it, hopefully.

Does anyone else hear the instrumental bit in the middle as a massive movie track, with cameras skimming over mountains and lakes....????

Ah I love that line too!! 'Could it be, you feel for me in any possible similarity?' :wub2:

That is one of my faves from that song. Though my absolute favourite one is:

'Truth be told, my problem's old.

You mean the world to me but you'll never know.

You could be cruel to me. Why go risking the way

that I see you?

But I see you.'

:tears::wub2:

(I recognise myself a bit too much in it. :teehee:)

Yeah:wub2:

That's my absolute favourite too...:wub2:

Same here:blush-anim-cl: I can connect to it so badly, it's even pathetic...

Having heard this epic song on mika's 4music album preview, it left me with shivers... B.E.A.Utiful. :mf_lustslow:

Mostly the lyrics in this thread are fine, but i heard

"you could be

cruel to me

without risking the way that i see you....

I feel this ties in better, the idea that it doesn't matter how someone treats you when you are infatuated with them

I didn't say it, but I can see it is a difficult call. Both fit.

In a couple of weeks I will have the Japanese CD with all the lyrics attached and we can settle it, hopefully.

Does anyone else hear the instrumental bit in the middle as a massive movie track, with cameras skimming over mountains and lakes....????

Yeah I do:wub2: It's amazing..

Having heard this epic song on mika's 4music album preview, it left me with shivers... B.E.A.Utiful. :mf_lustslow:

Mostly the lyrics in this thread are fine, but i heard

"you could be

cruel to me

without risking the way that i see you....

I feel this ties in better, the idea that it doesn't matter how someone treats you when you are infatuated with them

I think you're right!

Anyway, I'm a bit late, but I love the song.:wub2: And the very, very beautiful lyrics.