Mika on Taratata - 14 October 2009

Droopsy

Thank you very much for the detailed report and honest opinions:thumb_yello:

To tell you the truth, I am not surprised by what you said about the performance of WAG. He wasn't really 'himself' at the Jonathan Ross show, either, although I put it down to him probably not hearing the band well..etc..

We'll see :dunno:

BTW, can't wait to hear Lady Gaga's performance:teehee:

Welcome guys ! We sure had an amazing time. But we were knackered by the end of the evening, we had to clap hands so much :naughty:.

Merci Em :huglove:

Can't wait to see that! I hope his voice will be better for tonight :blink:

and thank you Mari for the radio links :flowers2:

Cassiopée, the very last song we had on the second session was Ariane Moffat with La Grande Sophie covering Sweet Dreams, and it was MASSIVE ! We never expected this from them and I can tell you that although the whole assistance was so tired, they managed to get us back on our feet and had us all clapping our half-bloody hands ! Their version was AMAZING, HUGE, GRANDIOOOOOSE !!!!!!!!!!!!

Great report Em'!! Thank you!

When you say assistance do you mean "audience" in English? I am just wondering as I dodn't speak French:wink2:

Oops sorry yes I mean audience ! I'm tired and my English is getting as wrong as Mika's French... (no, let's be fair, his French is better than my English :wink2:).

One last thing I remember: after his performance with Emilie Simon, they came back together to Nagui for more interview, and Emilie's CD has something amazing inside which I can't describe in English. It's like when you open books for kids sometimes you have things inside that are flat and they go up like if it was built when you open the page... So she had that, and as Nagui told Mika he was sure he would love that, Mika confessed he was jealous he did not have that idea before :naughty:.

Oops sorry yes I mean audience ! I'm tired and my English is getting as wrong as Mika's French... (no' date=' let's be fair, his French is better than my English :wink2:).

One last thing I remember: after his performance with Emilie Simon, they came back together to Nagui for more interview, and Emilie's CD has something amazing inside which I can't describe in English. It's like when you open books for kids sometimes you have things inside that are flat and they go up like if it was built when you open the page... So she had that, and as Nagui told Mika he was sure he would love that, [b']Mika confessed he was jealous he did not have that idea before[/b] :naughty:.

can't wait to see the interview :biggrin2:

One last thing I remember: after his performance with Emilie Simon' date=' they came back together to Nagui for more interview, and Emilie's CD has something amazing inside which I can't describe in English. It's [b']like when you open books for kids sometimes you have things inside that are flat and they go up like if it was built when you open the page... So she had that, and as Nagui told Mika he was sure he would love that, Mika confessed he was jealous he did not have that idea before [/b]:naughty:.

Didn't Michael Jackson also release something similar with the Dangerous album? I don't have that CD but just saw it on tv last night. It might be a collector's item though...

Oops sorry yes I mean audience ! I'm tired and my English is getting as wrong as Mika's French... (no' date=' let's be fair, his French is better than my English :wink2:).

One last thing I remember: after his performance with Emilie Simon, they came back together to Nagui for more interview, and Emilie's CD has something amazing inside which I can't describe in English. It's like when you open books for kids sometimes you have things inside that are flat and they go up like if it was built when you open the page... So she had that, and as Nagui told Mika he was sure he would love that, Mika confessed he was jealous he did not have that idea before :naughty:.[/quote']

I know what you mean. I'm used to them being called pop-ups. Don't know if anyone has another name for them?:dunno:

pop-ups is what we use too!

(our mother tongue is dying below lots of anglicisms)

Ha! Australian English is being corrupted by American phrases. My son, for instance says Math. What class did you just have? Oh, Math.

When I was a kid, we said Maths, because it was short for Mathematics. But Americans say Math. I keep correcting him but....:sneaky2:

:naughty:

Thanks for the report and info and links people!! :biggrin2:

Emilie's CD has something amazing inside which I can't describe in English. It's like when you open books for kids sometimes you have things inside that are flat and they go up like if it was built when you open the page... So she had that' date=' and as Nagui told Mika he was sure he would love that, Mika confessed he was jealous he did not have that idea before :naughty:.[/quote']

ooo ooo I hope he does that for his next album! :boing:

I really hope the program reflects the atmosphere and professionalism there was on the show, because it was really good and artists were so powerful !

I'd also would like to point out the professionalism of Nagui and his team. What goes on behind the scenes is incredible. It all looks so easy, but it's so much work. They were working from 7am in the morning, and they had to do this 3 days in a row (we finished after midnight, and I guess they had to work some more) as they were doing 2 programs each night for three nights.

From the cameraman down to the people cleaning up the piano for Lady Gaga until the last second so it was all shiny :naughty:. And Nagui always nice, even when he firmly blamed someone who booed because we had to stop one take, and explaining that people were working their ass off, and that with 3 hours of taping, we had to stop only twice for a couple of minutes. He also said it was like a festival.

And indeed it is amazing. Stopping only twice, two minutes for something wrong within 3 hours of program "live", it's nothing !

I can't remember the rest (sorry' date=' oldling's memory...). I remember he said he had[b'] wanted to tag, or something like that, the Lycée Français [/b]but obviously it was better not to, so this is how he came up with the story of We are Golden instead. Sorry my memory is so bad...

I guess this is a step up from the bathroom wall!:roftl:

Thank you so much for your detailed and interesting report, it must have been so fantastic to be there in person!:thumb_yello:

pop-ups is what we use too!

(our mother tongue is dying below lots of anglicisms)

It's the same with the Swedish language, we are very influenced by English!

What do you think, a couple of years from now we may all be talking English?:wink2:

One last thing I remember: after his performance with Emilie Simon, they came back together to Nagui for more interview, and Emilie's CD has something amazing inside which I can't describe in English. It's like when you open books for kids sometimes you have things inside that are flat and they go up like if it was built when you open the page... So she had that, and as Nagui told Mika he was sure he would love that, Mika confessed he was jealous he did not have that idea before :naughty:.[/quote']

Thanks for the more than complete report! Now,I'm not rambling on not knowing what I missed. :bleh: It really sounded like fun! I love the pop-ups part :roftl:

For the moment we don't know when Taratata with Mika will be on tv. We know that is not this month. May be in october or november. It will be possible to see just Mika on Taratata website in october or november. When I know when Taratata with Mika is on tv I give you the day, the hours (french time) and a link to see the tv show:thumb_yello:

Encore merci Olga pour hier:thumb_yello::woot_jump: